Best transfer of the summer so far? (Halfway)

+24
Gil
BarrileteCosmico
BusterLfc
Glory
Donuts
Hapless_Hans
iftikhar
RED
Dnmac4
teamanarchy
VendettaRed07
Cotes
terrance511
Footyfan
LeBéninois
Peccadillo
RedOranje
Nishankly
Onyx
Doc
Motogp69
rwo power
Kick
McAgger
28 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Best transfer of the summer so far? (Halfway) - Page 2 Empty Re: Best transfer of the summer so far? (Halfway)

Post by LeBéninois Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:07 pm

teamanarchy wrote:How is Suarez not in the running for worst?
88ME for a player that can't even enter a stadium for 4 months...

Yeah but he's in his prime and gonna be there for the next 4 years.

LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Best transfer of the summer so far? (Halfway) - Page 2 Empty Re: Best transfer of the summer so far? (Halfway)

Post by rwo power Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:23 pm

Bénin wrote:Yeah but he's in his prime and gonna be there for the next 4 years.
Only if he doesn't bite again :coffee:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:30 pm

People have short memories

If he comes in when that period is over and plays really well and helps barca win titles then nobody will care about the ban. And I'm sure he will play well, definitely the best player moved in the window. The high price and his history of bans does make it a risk but it's worth it. Don't think any team despite all his problems would turn him down if they had a chance to sign him.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:37 pm

That is pretty short sighted don't you think? To not sign someone to a 4-5 year deal because there going to miss 8-9 games max is the ruling holds up.

Does anyone really remember or care at all that Suarez missed the first part of the season for Liverpool last year as well and the team and he had a great season?

The ruling came down on June 26th and will end October 25th. La Liga starts on the 24th of August and he will really miss two months of the season and a couple group Champions League games in which Barca really doesn't need him as they always progress past the group stage.

And if you think he doesn't already have a personal trainer directly from Barcelona and is doing almost everything there doing in training then you are sorely mistaken.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:24 pm

Suarez is missing 4 months, Still expecting him to finish third in the scoring charts comfortably.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:08 pm

Best: Sanchez to Arsenal

Worst: Luiz. Still gobsmacked that PSG paid 50mill for him. Thanks also for giving Chelsea that much money PSG, you ****! :facepalm:
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:41 pm

rwo power wrote:
Bénin wrote:Yeah but he's in his prime and gonna be there for the next 4 years.
Only if he doesn't bite again :coffee:

There's 30 odd goals between bites Smile.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:53 pm

I don't think Lewandowski on a free can be beaten to be honest Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:58 am

Lewandowski was a top signing, no doubt. He will easilly top BuLi scoring charts... I wouldn't be suprised to see him get 10 or so goals in the CL either...
I'm very worried about James ending up the flop of the summer. It's very possible, considering he may not even be a starter, but hopefully he proves me wrong.
Another candidate for worst is Diego Costa... I really think he's gonna have his work cut out for him in the EPL. Now Gil will come and use some ridiculous rationalisation to say otherwise... but 6 months into the season, you'll see why I said this.
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ks16152913

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:16 am

The hate Costa gets is ridiculous I know people always want to see Gil fail but he has done great thing..
i feel like unless he gets top scorer in the league people here will come around saying he flopped, which is a pretty high standard from a player.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:12 am

teamanarchy wrote:Lewandowski was a top signing, no doubt. He will easilly top BuLi scoring charts... I wouldn't be suprised to see him get 10 or so goals in the CL either...
I'm very worried about James ending up the flop of the summer. It's very possible, considering he may not even be a starter, but hopefully he proves me wrong.
Another candidate for worst is Diego Costa... I really think he's gonna have his work cut out for him in the EPL. Now Gil will come and use some ridiculous rationalisation to say otherwise... but 6 months into the season, you'll see why I said this.

How is Costa a candidate for worst when Lukaku went for 4m less than him?

That is a far worse transfer in terms of quality and price.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:38 am

Lewandowski transfer had been pretty much done and dusted before the window itself. so albeit the fact that it falls theoretically as a summer transfer, practically i wish to overlook it for other deals. yea for me sanchez to arsenal has been the clearly the deal of the window so far. He was being wasted at Barca. He is gonna rule the epl i have a feeling.
So top 3 so far
1. Sanchez to ars
2. Kroos to GOATdrid
3. Fernando to City

worst
1. Luiz (obvious)
2. Shaw pale
if we include the wages that is.
3. Rodriguez

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:04 pm

best: Lewa, Rakitic
worst: Luiz, Shaw
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:25 am

Kick wrote:
teamanarchy wrote:Lewandowski was a top signing, no doubt. He will easilly top BuLi scoring charts... I wouldn't be suprised to see him get 10 or so goals in the CL either...

How is Costa a candidate for worst when Lukaku went for 4m less than him?

That is a far worse transfer in terms of quality and price.

Because Lukaku was the best young striker in the EPL for 2 seasons and Costa has not proven himself against no nonsense defenders. The way he bullied defenders in la Liga was why he scored all those girls. Not gonna happen in England.
On the flip side, it will say that I think him and Cesc will combine well, which could make me eat my words...
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:27 pm

not proven himself? he won la liga while not playing for Barca or Real Madrid..
scored second most goals in the league
and reached the champions finals contributing most of the goals for his team.

I understand he came from your rival team but to say stupid things like these just seem silly.

and if one more person starts using the world cup excuse then the same applies to ronaldo who flopped massively hard.. i guess he must not be worth 30m either.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:42 pm

Not proven in the EPL where defenders are way stronger, faster, organized and just better. 4 goals against Getafe is different to doing so against Stoke or Norwich or QPR
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:43 pm

yeah i'm sure suarez struggled so hard to score against norwich.. but excelled in the big matches huh..
EPL defenders are overrated
if costa did fine in champions league he'll do fine in any league.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:45 pm

For example...
Fernando Morientes
A true RM great... Reached CL final with Monaco... Failed hard at Liverpool.
Very similar playing styles, IMO
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:48 pm

Donuts wrote:yeah i'm sure suarez struggled so hard to score against norwich.. but excelled in the big matches huh..
EPL defenders are overrated
if costa did fine in champions league he'll do fine in any league.

They're not comparable at all... League football and CL football are entirely different tactically.
Suarez and Costa are entirely different strikers.

Believe whatever you want, you're not prepared to listen, so I'm done trying.
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:50 pm

in todays modern world where bale, james, suarez, neymar all go for 80m++

or cavanni is 60m
or torres was 50m

30m for Diego Costa is far from flop, your comparing a huge profit in lukaku to a very low price of costa.

paying low for a current top striker is by no means a flop transfer, he can score only 10 league goals, and still no flop given his price.
i don't see your argument as sane
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:53 pm

Monaco bought James 1 year ago for 45 mil, he had 5 good matches in a tournament and sold him for twice that price a year later. Dat business Proud
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:42 pm

You're going to have to troll better to get a reaction outta me mate.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:42 pm

Bramble to Barca IMO.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:33 am

Morientes was way better than Costa
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:50 am

morientes was what now? he was as common a poacher as you can find today imo. but he had some clutch moments. a good, even very good player in his time, no more.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:52 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:morientes was what now? he was as common a poacher as you can find today imo. but he had some clutch moments. a good, even very good player in his time, no more.

did I say that he was Ronaldo ? I said that he was better than Costa
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next