Red Alert
CBarca
El Gunner
RedOranje
Art Morte
83 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V2 - Page 35 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V2

Post by RealGunner Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:08 pm

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bx_e-_qIEAEHE6W.jpg

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V2 - Page 35 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V2

Post by RED Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:24 pm

People talk about our shoddy defence but it's miles better than Liverpool's. All that money spent and they look weaker.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:31 pm

Im not impressed with Pool's collective level, basically since matchday 1. I know Sturridge isnt here, but still. Need to up it or my prediction of them finishing 5th might be right.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:34 pm

BR :facepalm:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:34 pm

RED wrote:People talk about our shoddy defence but it's miles better than Liverpool's. All that money spent and they look weaker.

I just said this in our section, three new defenders bought in the summer and all starting today, but our defence looks even shittier than last season. Simply should not be possible to happen like this.

Only one goal in this game at HT, but we're not creating anything. Lucas needs to be subbed off asap and never again be played in CM, only as the DM if Gerrard is unavailable.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:36 pm

Lallana on for Lucas, little bit more creativity in there
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:37 pm

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bx_lSSJCIAEem6y.png
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:39 pm

Sterling has no left foot so why did he try to shoot with his left Laughing
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:49 pm

Valencia who is quite small compared to Lovren, out jumped him twice this game.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:20 pm

3-1 Amalfitano, what a ball by Downing. Poor defending by Skittles, should have cut out the pass.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:26 pm

I don't think any Liverpool defender played well today. An attacker in Sterling did an excellent defensive job whenever he came back.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:31 pm

RealGunner wrote:I don't think any Liverpool defender played well today. An attacker in Sterling did an excellent defensive job whenever he came back.

Well, he was playing wing-back for most of the game, so you'd expect him to do some defending.

The problems that have been with us from the start of the season were all there to be seen tonight: shaky defence, ineffective attack, lack of team chemistry.

West Ham fully deserved their win and I dare to say I saw it coming. We've got lots of work to do, but I can't help feeling that we're making it more difficult for us right now than we should be.

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:33 pm

Sepi :coffee:

Dont call me James :coffee:

RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:35 pm

Art Morte wrote:
RED wrote:People talk about our shoddy defence but it's miles better than Liverpool's. All that money spent and they look weaker.

I just said this in our section, three new defenders bought in the summer and all starting today, but our defence looks even shittier than last season. Simply should not be possible to happen like this.

Only one goal in this game at HT, but we're not creating anything. Lucas needs to be subbed off asap and never again be played in CM, only as the DM if Gerrard is unavailable.

exactly mate. 20 mill for Lovren? shafted. Could've done so much better.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:43 pm

I read somewhere (in GL) that Liverpool opted for quantity over quality this season which when I think of now is simply spot on. They are taking Champions League too seriously it seems. Shocked

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:50 pm

Art Morte wrote:
RealGunner wrote:I don't think any Liverpool defender played well today. An attacker in Sterling did an excellent defensive job whenever he came back.

Well, he was playing wing-back for most of the game, so you'd expect him to do some defending.

The problems that have been with us from the start of the season were all there to be seen tonight: shaky defence, ineffective attack, lack of team chemistry.

West Ham fully deserved their win and I dare to say I saw it coming. We've got lots of work to do, but I can't help feeling that we're making it more difficult for us right now than we should be.

Lack of ideas was the most standout thing in the 2nd half. Liverpool passed the ball from defence to midfield for 5-10 minutes around 75-85th minute mark. Without any purpose. Then Skrtel took a shot from 70 yards out and it resulted in west ham countering.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:59 pm

RealGunner wrote:
Art Morte wrote:

Lack of ideas was the most standout thing in the 2nd half. Liverpool passed the ball from defence to midfield for 5-10 minutes around 75-85th minute mark. Without any purpose. Then Skrtel took a shot from 70 yards out and it resulted in west ham countering.

Actually, that was one of the things I was most happy about in the last 20 minutes or so. Let explain you why:

We are clueless in attack right now. Trying to neatly pass it without an actual idea of how to create a chance.

Once Lambert was brought on in this game, we had to strikers up there both quite good in the air: Balotelli and Lambert. It was obvious enough that we were not able to penetrate West Ham with neat passing. The absolutely obvious answer to this is to just play down the flanks - when the opponent is flooding the center - and pump in crosses and hope for the best. Mario or Lambert might well win a header or at least there could be a second ball to attack by our midfielders, resulting in a much better scoring opportunity than our hopeless passing. This is exactly what happened when Skrtel ended up taking a long-range shot. We finally put in a cross, didn't win the header but there was a second-ball that our player got to at first, Skrtel. Okay, it was very far out and didn't hit the target, but that was what we should have been doing. Pump in crosses and attack those second-balls. Yet we continued to be hopeless.

In my book, that rather desperate cross-&-Skrtel's-shot was exactly what we should have been doing. We weren't. We were trying to be too pretty - like against Aston Villa - and gained nothing.

Like I said in the Liverpool section, Brendan Rodgers has done a lot of good things at Liverpool, but he's the one I look at to fix some of these very obvious problems in our game. Because I believe we're capable of much better than this, if we just are set up and instructed right.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:41 pm

Burnley would have really good chance to save  if they gave decent players to Sean Dyche imo.
Burnley is an awful team, definitely the worst team on paper on EPL, but they play organized and they make the maximum , they never collapse evey if they have so many    scrubs , really impossible asking more to them
I've watched the match against Sunderland now, Burnley dominated .. they were close to win also in last matchday, if they didn't miss penalty to 85' . Tied against United ... Basically I've always had good impressions on them considering also my lfew expectacions for their team

Sean Dyche deserved more than this.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:10 am

^^agreed, BR himself knows how he can solve the problem. Two main problems were today:
Sterling not in the center and starting Lucas as CM.
I am sure once Studge and Allen come back, we will be back on track. What I hate is, when players are missing sometimes BR just plays tactics which play directly into opponents hands and we get found out so easily.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:33 am

https://vine.co/v/OWYlUV9nLmd
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:23 am

Great goals and partnership working out for Ozil and Welbeck it looks like, great to see. Goes to show OZil nices striker partners who are fast to show his best. Hes definitely one of the best when hes on song.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:13 am

The merseyside derby next weekend at Anfield is going to be so huge now, I cannot wait.

Btw, about last night's game still, we played badly, but credit to West Ham, too. They're looking pretty good and seem to have bought wisely in the summer. I'm sure we won't be the only one of the top teams to drop points there this season.

Also, how's this for a stat: Four of West Ham's five league games this season have been four-goal matches (2 wins, a draw and a defeat). Allardyce delivering that more exciting football :bow:
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:34 pm

Spurs team to play WBA:

Lloris; Dier, Chiriches, Kaboul, Rose; Capoue, Dembele; Chadli, Eriksen, Lamela; Adebayor

Man Utd team to play Leciester:

De Gea; Rafael, Evans, Blackett, Rojo; Blind, Herrara, Di Maria, Rooney; van Persie, Falcao

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:17 pm

Why isnt fazio starting?

Ulloa vs Evans Laughing
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyard Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:24 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:Spurs team to play WBA:

Lloris; Dier, Chiriches, Kaboul, Rose; Capoue, Dembele; Chadli, Eriksen, Lamela; Adebayor

Man Utd team to play Leciester:

De Gea; Rafael, Evans, Blackett, Rojo; Blind, Herrara, Di Maria, Rooney; van Persie, Falcao

LVG abandoning 352 so early? I thought he would be too stubborn to change his system so early!
junkyard
junkyard
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:30 pm

Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V2 - Page 35 1F6fUQx

I'll watch it.

Last edited by Robespierre on Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next