Sina
Chumlum
El Gunner
RealGunner
Jay29
23 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

European and Domestic Cups Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: European and Domestic Cups Thread

Post by RealGunner Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:28 pm

It got changed to monday? wat

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

European and Domestic Cups Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: European and Domestic Cups Thread

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:34 pm

You have more chance against Barca than against Ateltico imo.

Against us it doesn't matter, this time you will go through anyway, so that draw can't happen.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:36 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:You have more chance against Barca than against Ateltico imo.

Against us it doesn't matter, this time you will go through anyway, so that draw can't happen.

Jinx called. Counter jinxed initiated.

We don't stand a chance in hell, we're getting thumped if they pull your name alongside ours.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:40 pm

Both Madrid sides would be the worst possible match ups against us. One side is the best counter attacking team in the world, while the other is quite possibly the best team at set-pieces and parking the tank.

Bayern and Barcelona are, of course, miles better at the passing game than we are, but we probably stand a marginally better chance against them since we can play on the counter. We might snatch a draw or something in one of the legs.

Monaco and Porto would be ideal.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:49 am

I am sick of Bayern and Barca, I want a new challenge...bring one Real Madrid. Laughing

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:54 am

We're going to get Monaco, and we're going to slaughter them. Then we'll upset a Spanish club in the quarters. Calling it now.

:fishing:
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:01 am

if we buy a dm i can see a little hope.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:06 am

We must've used up all our luck with draws when we got Hull at home in FA Cup. Can't even bother to hope.

It will be Bayern or Barca. Although I might pay a fortune to see Hansie's face IF we got Bayern and IF we actually made it past them. I would definitely travel to Munich for the game. And maybe even have a beer with Hans for the bantz, if he is around hmm

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:33 am

that second if is void. IF we get drawn against each other, congratulations on the quarters, you WILL make it past us.

So that draw can't happen. Also I wouldn't be in Munich, the only time I'd be able to watch us play in the CL this season will be on 6th June 2015 in Berlin.
That is, if we don't face you in last 16 and if I have a few hundred € to spare.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:54 am

Hans, you are always so predictable with your attempts at jinxing. *sigh*

Let's hope to meet in Berlin then Razz Maybe in 2025.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:32 pm

It's got nothing to do with attempting a jinx, it's a statement of fact.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:05 pm

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:37 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:this time we will finish the job pirat

As I said, I have no doubt about that and completely agree.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:21 am

Roud of 16 draw for the English teams:

PSG vs Chelsea
City vs Barclona
Arsenal vs Monaco

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:38 am

HOLY FACK.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by GenBlizkin Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:40 am

We Have a chance for once, plus we could have a full team by then as well.
GenBlizkin
GenBlizkin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:40 am

Is it correct that we play the winner of Porto/Basel if we do the job against Monaco?

We could have a shot at the semis, if I understand correctly. Shocked

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:41 am

feelsgoodman.jpg

lost to them in a friendly but they're now Falcao-less. Finally a tie we can have some hope for, we have a good track record against Frenchies. *knocks on every available piece of wood in Lebanon including the famous Cedars lol jk they're too far brev i just knocked on my table hope dats enughhh.*
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:43 am

GUYS, WE AVOIDED JUVE BY FINISHING 2ND.

ANDERLECHT <3 ffs
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:48 am

I would still back us to win against Juve tbh :coffee:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:50 am

sri there's a draw for each stage if I'm not mistaken, or rules were changed
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:53 am

Monaco is a very, very hard team to play now.  They have the best defense in Ligue 1 after the slow start and only allowed 1 goal total in CL pool... they park the bus and counter attack like champs.  They started the season slow because a ton of players got sold + mentally, it was tough to swallow.  But now, they're rolling.  Since the end of September, they've won 7, drawn 6 and lost only 3 times with two of those being 1-0 losses.

Watch them regularly and they just wear you down now... they drew PSG in Paris and beat OM last night.  Should have beaten PSG in fact and the loss earlier to Lyon was one that was a lucky one for Lyon. Tough to say the least.  Don't count your chickens.  They're style is exactly what Wenger does very poorly against:  Namely, they play like a Mourinho team tactically.

Last edited by sportsczy on Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:54 am

"play the winner of Basel/Porto in the quarters" yeah right you would like that wouldn't you Laughing

Do you want some whipped cream and chocolate grating on your fantasy sundae as well?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:00 pm

lmao Hans. Yeah, sri I think there'll be a draw for the quarters and semi's after the round of 16.
Would be a terrific if we get the winner between those two.

Finally we can ride into the quarters. Yes, no opponent should be taken for granted, but come on....We should be rolling Monaco over at home in the first leg alone.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:03 pm

I was expecting Sports to come in and post about how touch Monaco are. Not disappointed. Too predictable.

Also, the last time we got out of the R16 was so long back that I am blissfully clueless of the process after that. Which is why it was a rather earnest query if that's how it works.

I would very much like a Sundae though hmm

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:04 pm

sportsczy wrote:Monaco is a very, very hard team to play now.  They have the best defense in Ligue 1 after the slow start and only allowed 1 goal total in CL pool... they park the bus and counter attack like champs.  They started the season slow because a ton of players got sold + mentally, it was tough to swallow.  But now, they're rolling.  Since the end of September, they've won 7, drawn 6 and lost only 3 times with two of those being 1-0 losses.

Watch them regularly and they just wear you down now... they drew PSG in Paris and beat OM last night.  Should have beaten PSG in fact and the loss earlier to Lyon was one that was a lucky one for Lyon.  Tough to say the least.  Don't count your chickens.  They're style is exactly what Wenger does very poorly against:  Namely, they play like a Mourinho team tactically.

I get your point, but thats not really the type of team we struggle against too much. The real problem for arsenal are sides that press high up the field and have attacking midfielders that can hurt us, as we basically have no DM. you can sit back and try and hit us on the counter, fine, but if we play well, we usually create chances against teams who sit back. if we take our chances we will win, especially since this is a two legged tie.

the score will be tight though, i can tell. manaco have the best DM's in the business so they could nullify our midfield. but ill be shocked if we dont score atleast 2 goals, especially with the likes of walcott, ozil coming back.

Last edited by REWB on Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next