Casciavit
Forza
Kick
Cruijf
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How will Torres do?

How will Torres do? - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%How will Torres do? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
How will Torres do? - Page 2 Vote_lcap10%How will Torres do? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 2 ]
How will Torres do? - Page 2 Vote_lcap30%How will Torres do? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 6 ]
How will Torres do? - Page 2 Vote_lcap35%How will Torres do? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 35% 
[ 7 ]
How will Torres do? - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%How will Torres do? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
How will Torres do? - Page 2 Vote_lcap15%How will Torres do? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 20

How will Torres do? - Page 2 Empty Re: How will Torres do?

Post by Dante Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:29 pm

Hans Proud

I know you secretly love that devil Pippo , don't deny it ,

Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:32 pm

The next sig bet I win against Hans will result in him being branded with this picture of Inzaghi:
How will Torres do? - Page 2 7646350738_40f1bc89e8_z
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:53 pm

I am sure Hans would be happy for it in secret Proud
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:37 pm

Forza wrote:The next sig bet I win against Hans will result in him being branded with this picture of Inzaghi:
How will Torres do? - Page 2 7646350738_40f1bc89e8_z

Thats a beauty right there.

This Milan team will make it a little bit easier to be a CF compared to last season I think, because Balo didnt have Sharaawy or Menez on the wings (if Sharaawy dont get injuried again), and they will create more chances for our CFs. Torres will get his chances.

Also glad Torres seems to be in great shape according to our medical staff.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:08 am

Torres infuriated me with his brilliant timing and decision to move to Chelsea, as it was more a personal bitterness that encapsulated my disdain towards him, as eventually like Mascherano post-Liverpool, my hate evaporated, soon to be just an indifference to their success, remembering their Liverpool tenures as a completely different entity.

Another side broke my heart seeing Torres' meteoric decline despite my main front finding laughter in his failure; as I have mentioned before I would support Fernando again if he moved to any other club outside the Premiership and Atletico Madrid.

Now, just as Balotelli moves to my Liverpool, Fernando Torres replaces him to go to my Milan. On paper it is a disgusting move seeing a 24 year old with a sky high ceiling being traded for a 30 year old who has become a butt of most jokes.

Yet, this move was exciting for me personally because I had always wanted to see Torres move to Milan and for over two years straight I have bet on Torres regaining his brilliance if he moves outside Chelsea.

Yet seeing Balotelli and the extreme headache he was for an enigmatic Torres while absurd on paper, holds a personal excitement for me to which does not have me lament Balo's loss, and actually applaud Torres' arrival. Hypocritical it may be but Torres' arrival to Milan has immediately regained the love I held for him and not just because he joined one of two of my clubs, yet the anticipation of what he can produce here.

You have Pippo Inzaghi who single-handedly took all excuses away from goal-draught strikers who struggled to find pockets of space, our manager is bound to gift a struggling Fernando his secrets and the passion that drove Pippo to score his clutch goals and the amount.

You have a club in decline to which STILL holds the 'Milan Effect' and the pedigree in which old legends past their best can reignite the final embers in their sinewy legs as this is why I feel despite the lack of direction in Milan; this Fernando Torres will find a sliver if not most of his best that is hidden within his body. Pippo in all of our club blunders has united a dressing room clearly just to focus on what matters as Fernando is bound to succeed in the pacy counter-system set up for Torres. A midfield of Bonaventura/Poli, Montolivo, de Jong to hold the crux, Honda, Menez, and El Shaarawy who just makes any player looks great is bound to afford space for Torres, unlike Balotelli who in all his ability would only crowd the box without understanding the consequence of his lack of movement.

So in essence, I say Fernando will succeed. We will see a player who will be a breath of fresh air up front, eliminating the static movement up front with his intelligence and multi-dimensional ability. Pippo aside I see Torres actually evolving his game into a more creative and substantial role deeper to which will allow him more freedom to influence the game.

Good news is, he has broken multiple fitness records for a known-to-be Milanello medical test which gives us hope on his physical condition.

I welcome Fernando into Milan, and back into my heart. Criticize this all you want, yet its fantastic to regain support in this fashion.

He will be a success for us.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:40 am

This team is made for a striker like Torres, he moves around a lot to open up space for his teammates. His finishing and confidence was in the garbage bin at Chelsea, but he wasn't always useless if you look at the effort he put in making conscious movement around the pitch.

And with this counter-attacking team with GOAT's like Sharaawy and Menez, what better player to hold up the ball ahead and be in the right place at the right time(with the help of Inzaghi, he'll regain his senses) is humble and costs 0 than the not so El Nino already can we get ?

I bet he'll start against Parma ready to score again.
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:49 pm

I agree with both of you . Or at least , i hope what you say becomes true . If Torres fails miserably , so will we . Who will fill the gap , Pazzini? Not even two games in the season and he's injured again .Niang? Adding sugar in the shit doesn't make it a cake , it's still what it is . He may have an able body , but good grief what a poor , trully poor football mind. Gobsmacked to see he stayed in Milan , we had Petagna ffs. But i guess that's the thing , a team actually wanted Petagna .

Then there's Menez , who i think he's best to play on the right wing. He did well , though. Perhaps him , but if Torres does turn into another Matri , it will be Pazzini that leads the attack most of the time..with Niang being his sub..and we won't like that , we won't like that at all .

Torres is in a new environment , in a team who wants to return to better days , just like him. We can become a really good team if Torres does well , i think he has what he needs for the time being , barely anything ideal , but with hard work they can do things . Let's hope , i don't want to live to see the moment Niang starts games as our CF ..

Torres pls Proud
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:17 am

I expect he'll be tolerable as a reference point which is my main concern. I've no doubt we'll see him miss some howlers, however all forwards are susceptible to this, I'll be content with his contribution if he is able to create space for others, link up well with SES and co and chip in with at least 12 goals in the league, then he will satisfy a minimum standard.

Will he prove himself worth his high wages? No, however he'll perform a function within the team and will at least always provide a consistent effort, if not result.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:08 pm

He is set for his full debut tonight against a promoted team. We need to bounce back immediately following our loss to Juventus and this would be a great opportunity to make a statement and start to regain his mojo.

How I hope Torres' rebirth in Milan will look:
How will Torres do? - Page 2 Tumblr_ma25scxm8Y1rtyaky

How it will actually look:
How will Torres do? - Page 2 AAVdE49_460sa_v1
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:26 pm

rofl rofl rofl

I hope he does well . The first 2 games and Menez heroics made us forget about him , somewhat , but as weird as it sounds , we will need Torres this season .

My biggest hope is that he scores his first as soon as possible and not fall into the void like Matri . Matri took too long , means don't matter so much here as the end is all the essence. He needed that goal in time to boost his confidence and enhance the belief within the team that they can rely on him.

For our sake i hope Torres bangs his first tonight and we move on without watching a similar scenario to Matri once again . Cause what happened to Matri destroyed him . Torres is , even at this point in his carreer , twice the player Matri never was at his best , so i can only hope he doesn't fall to the same void Matri did.

Strangely enough , i think he will actually score. Even if he doesn't , i expect a solid first full game from him.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:34 am

5 successful dribbles, chance created for menez, 1 clearance, one goal, another just wide, and helped in many build up play. should have played full 90 mins torres would have surely scored another!

excellent full game debut. 9/10

would be interesting to see how he fares in our new 4-2-3-1 tactics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next