Collblanc
guest7
Zealous
59 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Carlo Ancelotti sack watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Carlo Ancelotti sack watch

Post by Zealous Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:36 am

You can't win the CL every season. If you win it twice in a five year span that is considered amazing and if you win it three times in a five year span then that is just historic.

The problem is Carlo will not have that long lol, if we don't win the league this year he is out and you can't expect us to repeat in Europe. If we can do that then he'll stay but don't hold your breath.

In the last six years we have won the league a grand total of once. Sorry but the league should be a priority for the club, the players and us as fans.

Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:38 am

B-Mac wrote:who would you even want to replace him with? can't think of a big name coach available to come in right away

Someone will turn up by then I guess but we'll most likely hear some rumors creep in over the course of the season if we are out of the title race early this year.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:46 am

Yeah I said every few years, as in every 4 years or so.. I think La Decima gives him 3 years of safety, as long as we stay in the top 4 he should be fine

The League is always a priority but the CL more so IMO
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:57 am

LeSwagg James wrote:Yeah I said every few years, as in every 4 years or so.. I think La Decima gives him 3 years of safety, as long as we stay in the top 4 he should be fine

The League is always a priority but the CL more so IMO

3 years lol, no way he gets that long if we finish third again.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:07 pm

He gets this year and that's it... if we don't do well this year, he's on the hot seat from the start of preseason the following year. That's the way it should be too.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:11 pm

sportsczy wrote:He gets this year and that's it... if we don't do well this year, he's on the hot seat from the start of preseason the following year. That's the way it should be too.

What do you consider doing well? What if we finish second in the league and lose in the CL final? I wouldn't consider that a successful season, but I also wouldn't put him on the hot seat because of it for example..

LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:11 pm

unless this season is a disaster, he will not get the sack. he just won la decima, that gives him more credit with Floper than anyone can ever dream to have. anyway, we started badly because we are rebuilding again and we have to find balance again. It will take a couple of weeks and we will be up and running.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:18 pm

Why are we discussing whether or not he will be sacked after two games???

We don't know what might happen between March-June when the real big games starts rolling up

Carlo has just been thrown a bunch of players and asked to "make it work" it takes alot more than two games to actually find a balance again

if anyone should leave it's Perez who has no regards for team management. But alas he will be here for the next 3 years so we might as well expect another squad overhaul next summer even if we win the treble. Carlo's job is never safe when we have a president treating the transfer season as some sort of retail therapy

Next season I expect a couple of more AMs, one signing of Carlo's choice and no striker then this time next season when we have a slow start (understandably) we will be discussing his sacking again. Wash, rinse and repeat Proud
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:20 pm

There's no way this will take a couple of weeks to get going.... it took us until January last season. For me, it will take until November at a minimum. Because we've changed 2/3 of our midfield AND the profiles are different from those that left, we need to change the execution significantly. That's not going to happen overnight.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:22 pm

We didn't even know what formation was the best last season. We do this season and I don't expect Carlo to move from it no matter how many AMs we have in our team.

I expect us to start rolling in October when Jese returns imo
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:34 pm

The formation needs to fit the players... that's why it took so long last season because the players we started at the beginning of the season couldn't execute the 433 scheme that Carlo wanted properly (i.e. a deep playing mid, LCM and RCM).  You need that deep playing mid to not only pass well... but to organize the midfield AND play good tactical defense.  You also need at least one of the corner CMs to go B2B (both would be better).  Until Alonso replaced Illara in the deep role AND Khedira/Di Maria filled the B2B, we sucked.  It wasn't about learning the system.  It was about picking the right players to play the system.

This season, we have the exact same problem as the start of last one...  namely, our deep playing mid is not used to the position AND we don't have a B2B to provide balance and support from the mid to the attack.  Unless Isco or James offer the vertical movement of Khedira/ Di Maria AND Kroos learns the deep role... we will struggle hugely.

Personally, i don't think the 433 as conceived by Carlo (there are different ways to play the 433) fits the personnel at all.  Carlo is forcing the system on players whose collective profiles can't execute it properly...  it's clear as day that we need to go to a 4231 since we have two natural CAMs in Isco and James.

Khedira is injured too now...  so it really is like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

Last edited by sportsczy on Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:37 pm

Do we really know what our best formation is this season? Could have fooled me Laughing

Carlo will have a chance to reassure the public against Atleti after the international break. The game is at home too and there will be time for him to work out a reasonable formation and approach. If we don't win that game though.....

Atleti have pimp slapped him on more than one occasion since he's got here and I don't think the Bernabeu can take another bad result in the Derbi.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:40 pm

sportsczy wrote:The formation needs to fit the players... that's why it took so long last season because the players we started at the beginning of the season couldn't execute the 433 scheme that Carlo wanted properly (i.e. a deep playing mid, LCM and RCM).  You need that deep playing mid to not only pass well... but to organize the midfield AND play good tactical defense.  You also need at least one of the corner CMs to go B2B (both would be better).  Until Alonso replaced Illara in the deep role AND Khedira/Di Maria filled the B2B, we sucked.  It wasn't about learning the system.  It was about picking the right players to play the system.

This season, we have the exact same problem as the start of last one...  namely, our deep playing mid is not used to the position AND we don't have a B2B to provide balance and support from the mid to the attack.  Unless Isco or James offer the vertical movement of Khedira/ Di Maria AND James learns the deep role... we will struggle hugely.

Personally, i don't think the 433 as conceived by Carlo (there are different ways to play the 433) fits the personnel at all.  Carlo is forcing the system on players whose collective profiles can't execute it properly...  it's clear as day that we need to go to a 4231 since we have two natural CAMs in Isco and James.

Khedira is injured too now...  so it really is like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

Agree 100%. 4-2-3-1 for me at least is the natural formation of this squad considering the players available.

4-4-2 would also work but we'd have to stick Bale/Ronaldo up front.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:49 pm

Can't play a 442 if the corner mids aren't workhorses. Has to be B2Bs or really active true wingers. You also need a reall CF to keep the CBs occupied... Bale and CR both dezone 90% of the time and don't make the movements/runs to make it work. Spacing is completely wrong.

The fact that we now have zero B2Bs or proper wingers... we're pigeon-holed tactically. No DM too Laughing. Going to be predictable. Big challenge for Carlo. Hope he's open-minded and not too stubborn.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:01 pm

I couldn't care less if we have two natural CAM, we had two (then one) natural CAMs last season and we tried the 4-2-3-1 and it never worked. Are you guys seriously going to sit there with a straight face and tell me we'd be more balanced if we played that formation Laughing . The lolz when Kroos and Modric predictability look bad because they have bloody Ronaldo, James/Isco, Bale and Benz infront of them putting in a grand total of 0 defensive shift. RIP Coentrao's/Marcelo's madrid careers btw lol

We switched to a 4-3-3 because it meant we were a good balanced team looking good attacking wise AND defending. Just cuz you have players in certain positions does not mean the team will look good if you change the formation to put all players in their desired position. This isn't Fifa Ultimate team where you get a higher squad chemistry by playing players in a certain position and changing the whole formation as a result ffs

And that doesn't mean I disagree I think we looked good when we had a b2b in there whivh is why I was surprised when we didn't go for any when we let DiMaria leave. It could still work if we played modric, illarra and kroos as all those complement eachother in a different way than those last season

but boy the notion of 4-2-3-1 because we happen to have two CAMs in our teams rofl
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:02 pm

Agreed with Hala that would be good banter to watch.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:05 pm

Carlo talks about finding balance for the first 3 months of last year.

The 2 most important players in achieving that balance are gone.

2 games in and Madrid fans want him sacked.

Mehdridistas Proud
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:06 pm

Zealous wrote:Do we really know what our best formation is this season? Could have fooled me Laughing

Well that's what happens when you have the two players that made the 4-3-3 work sold without adequate replacement and having to hope two AMs could do the job of the b2b player we had

Before Alonso's departure Carlo was planning on playing modric, alonso and kroos which just goes to show how little he trusts james/isco to do the job that he wants.

if illarra has his breakout year those two will never see the pitch apart from when someone is injured
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:09 pm

Yep, moaning about Carlo is stupid at this point in time. He found fantastic balance and i'm certain he never actively wanted to sell Alonso and ADM

Think about it if you were doing your office job or whatever, then one day somebody replaces your keyboard with a potato, and is questioning exactly why you're not getting shit done.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:16 pm

Who's moaning about Carlo? The hypothetical asked was: How long of a leach would Carlo have before he'd feel under pressure. To me, he gets a free ride this year unless we're absolutely catastrophic (talking normal person's catastrophy... like finishing in 7th place Laughing). If he has a truly bad year, then the pressure is on the following one.

Not moaning. Just responding the the scenario.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:18 pm

This is a sack watch thread for the man who just won the CL about 4 competitive games ago Laughing
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:38 pm

Heynckes won CL and got fired a month later. VDB won CL and got fired a year later.

The criteria at Madrid is far different than other places, for better or for worse. There is no patience for failure. If you fail in a season... the fans want everyone to get sold/fired Laughing Heck, it can happen from game to game too Laughing Since the people who run the club are elected officials, they need to appeal to public opinion to a certain extent. Just the way it is here.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:42 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:This is a sack watch thread for the man who just won the CL about 4 competitive games ago Laughing

rofl

Madrid fans, please don't change.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BORUSSIA!! Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:49 pm

Heynckes was never fired.

BORUSSIA!!
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:54 pm

huntsman wrote:One sentence sums his recent achievement with Real Madrid; sometimes its best to do nothing than do anything.
That's all he brought to Real Madrid this season; Nothing. And that's all they needed.

On la decima and del rey cup
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:57 pm

problem(s) in madrid are not down only to Carlo. He's but one of many.
I actually pointed out the problems like 1 year ago or a little more when i made the prediction that Madrid will go on and win La Decima.

It s nothing we all didnt know about so its not worth me typing again.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next