McLewis
rwo power
LeBéninois
nasir6371
Collblanc
64 posters

Page 13 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next

Go down

Champions League 2014/15 | Group E - Page 13 Empty Re: Champions League 2014/15 | Group E

Post by rwo power Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:44 pm

Well, I hope you are right. But never underestimate the weirdness of the Schalke board...

rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Champions League 2014/15 | Group E - Page 13 Empty Re: Champions League 2014/15 | Group E

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:17 pm

I just hope he's too expensive, because the fact that he's very bad at football won't deter the Schalke board.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:22 pm

Nando just needs to do a van Basten and retire after this season. I admire his dedication to get "it" back but he's just tarnishing his reputation even further at this point.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:40 am

rwo power wrote:
farfan wrote:Torres would probably struggle in the qatari league ffs Laughing
You know what frightens me - there are rumours in German media that di Matteo wants to sign Torres for Schalke :facepalm: :facepalm:

Torres has not anywhere near struggled in Milan; only the ones not watching his games would say that.

Performance vs Empoli is a given mention yet in the rest he's shown excellent movement to open the opposition, created many chances with his passes from wide and deep and definitely is showing an increased understanding with his teammates in a new team, league and country to which is completely different to what he is used to. Not to mention how the opposition have continually hacked him down without consequence.

He is a different play now yet one who is involved more within the play as once he gels he will continue a steady rate of goals, I predict.

Cole also, Bayern shod show aside has been relatively good in his appearances, especially versus Man City.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:11 am

Well, I don't think the price-performance ratio would be in anyway sensible for Schalke, given that they still have debts to pay and just hired a certainly not too cheap coach...
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:50 am

smoking I think the only way we can come out of Allianz Arena with at least a point is to revert into 4-4-2 formation and defend. they seem to struggle against 4-4-2. last was applied by BORUSSIA M'GLADBACH
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:46 pm

Can't be too defensive against a team like Bayern though. They are patient in possession.

If we're going to set up defensively, we need to set up ourselves up to counter with pace and directness.

Either way, if we come out of there with a 1-goal loss, I'll take that all day. I really just want us to get some pride back. They took that from this side a couple of weeks ago and it has showed very clearly.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:37 pm

McLewis wrote: They took that from this side a couple of weeks ago and it has showed very clearly.

i'm not quite sure about that, i think they just showed our weaknesses. Its positive as long as we use that in our advantage

Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:39 pm

Last week I had the feeling we might slip up a bit in wednesdays match seeing the first result.
But now I think we'll smash you again.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:45 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Last week I had the feeling we might slip up a bit in wednesdays match seeing the first result.

that's probable, but as long as cska can get another point of city, we should be still alright.
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:52 pm

Lupi wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:Last week I had the feeling we might slip up a bit in wednesdays match seeing the first result.

that's probable, but as long as cska can get another point of city, we should be still alright.

Hey, I'm just trying to trash talk you, not trying to tell you you won't be alright Laughing
Maybe you'll win...
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:54 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Lupi wrote:

Hey, I'm just trying to trash talk you, not trying to tell you you won't be alright Laughing
Maybe you'll win...

its ok, i was kinda hoping your players get that mentality too " I think we'll smash you again" then that'd be better for us. Wink
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:23 pm

Lupi wrote:
McLewis wrote: They took that from this side a couple of weeks ago and it has showed very clearly.

i'm not quite sure about that, i think they just showed our weaknesses. Its positive as long as we use that in our advantage

There's really no way to cut around it....when you suffer a defeat like that, it does affect you mentally, whether it gets admitted or not. We have a strong mentality, but it does cut both ways.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:44 pm

McLewis wrote:
Lupi wrote:

There's really no way to cut around it....when you suffer a defeat like that, it does affect you mentally, whether it gets admitted or not. We have a strong mentality, but it does cut both ways.

I take it that you mean with napoli game but lets not forget last year we lost against napoli as well without playing against bayern. Even in the game against bayern i noticed the players were still in the game even after 5 goals so beg to differ.
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:48 pm

Lupi wrote:
McLewis wrote:
Lupi wrote:

I take it that you mean with napoli game but lets not forget last year we lost against napoli as well without playing against bayern. Even in the game against bayern i noticed the players were still in the game even after 5 goals so beg to differ.

Precisely, the mentality is indeed there. Always has been and probably always will be under Rudi. Still doesn't change the fact that it does get impacted from time to time. Would be very interesting to know the thoughts of the players as Bayern were racking up the goals in that first half.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:46 am

McLewis wrote:Can't be too defensive against a team like Bayern though. They are patient in possession.

well it depends on bayern approach, one thing that really annoyed me was that we seem tactically rigid, if they pressure us down we shouldn't really be playing as they are sitting behind the ball. . if bayern pressured again at the start of the game we should be ready to neutralize it as humanly possible. we cant hold down for 90 min but neither they can keep the same intensity for 90 min.
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:38 pm

From Football Italia:

Guardiola was asked whether Roma were arrogant in the first leg to think they could take Bayern Munich on in an open game.

“What’s wrong with being arrogant? I don’t understand. I love people who want to win, who go out there and try. Don’t forget after the first goal, Roma had three great scoring opportunities, above all with Gervinho.

“I think they are courageous and that is more than positive, which people don’t seem to mention. Perhaps if they had tried to sit back and defend from the start they would not have lost 7-1, but they’d have had no chance of victory either.

“Roma lost nothing but three points in that game. They were courageous and I admire that, I follow that attitude, as we too go for the win no matter who we are facing. We’ve lost games before too, that’s part of the sport. You have to take risks and I admire Roma for that.”

I really don't know whether to be hopeful or apprehensive whenever Bayern compliments us like that. They splashed us with platitudes before and after that demolition job too Laughing
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:41 pm

Guardiola has got a point though, and I always thought that the way to beat Pep's Barca was to attack them, and counter press, wrote that all over the forums, and was basically dumbfounded when Chelsea actually kicked them AND Bayern out by purely sitting back, which I thought would just invite an easy 2-0.

Of course it seems patronizing after a thrashing, but at the core he's right.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:50 pm

McLewis wrote:From Football Italia:

Guardiola was asked whether Roma were arrogant in the first leg to think they could take Bayern Munich on in an open game.

“What’s wrong with being arrogant? I don’t understand. I love people who want to win, who go out there and try. Don’t forget after the first goal, Roma had three great scoring opportunities, above all with Gervinho.

“I think they are courageous and that is more than positive, which people don’t seem to mention. Perhaps if they had tried to sit back and defend from the start they would not have lost 7-1, but they’d have had no chance of victory either.

“Roma lost nothing but three points in that game. They were courageous and I admire that, I follow that attitude, as we too go for the win no matter who we are facing. We’ve lost games before too, that’s part of the sport. You have to take risks and I admire Roma for that.”

I really don't know whether to be hopeful or apprehensive whenever Bayern compliments us like that. They splashed us with platitudes before and after that demolition job too Laughing

Well, Pep loves and appreciates it when team play openly against him and get mauled.
He does not appreciate it if teams dare to park the bus and dupe him Laughing

So yes, it is a bit poisoned compliments even though he means it honestly.

As an opponent of Pep though I'd prefer to beat him and then be angrily accused of anti-football, instead of getting complimented for my courage and style after being taken apart hmm
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:44 pm

CSKA Moskva: Akinfeev, Mário Fernandes, Ignashevich, V. Berezutski, Schennikov, Wernbloom, Dzagoev, R. Eremenko, Natcho, Musa, Doumbia

Manchester City: Hart, Kompany, Zabaleta, Clichy, Demichelis, Fernando, Milner, Jesús Navas, Y. Touré, Agüero, Jovetić

FCBayern XI vs #ASR Neuer, Rafinha, Boateng, Benatia, Alaba, Lahm, Alonso, Bernat, Ribery, Gotze, Lewandowski

Roma XI: Skorupski - Torosidis, Manolas, Yanga-Mbiwa, Holebas - Nainggolan, De Rossi, Keita - Florenzi, Iturbe - Destro.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:45 pm

I see that the teeny weeny **** side of Manchester are losing again in the CL. woeful team.

My animosity for Smalling has grown ten folds right now :facepalm:

Big 2nd half now for CSKA. hopefully they hang on, either that or bag a few more goals. Thumbs up
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:38 pm

City might not even finish 3rd at this rate
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:10 pm

City, wow.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:12 pm

I guess they want to make sure they either go to the CL Last 16 or out of Europe completely...
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:13 pm

City Laughing

Now we have to go to Russia and beat CSKA in the snow. Both Bayern and City struggled there so that's going to be an extremely tough match for Roma.

I'm personally just glad to have the tie with Bayern behind us. That team simply looks imperious and I'll spare a thought for whatever unfortunate side gets them in the R16.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:14 pm

McLewis wrote:That team simply looks imperious and I'll spare a thought for whatever unfortunate side gets them in the R16.
It means better try to win your group if you aren't either Roma/CSKA or one of the German teams. ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next