LeSwagg James
79 posters

Page 10 of 28 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19 ... 28  Next

Go down

DMzema Returned - Page 10 Empty Re: DMzema Returned

Post by chad4401 Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:25 am

no he is not but sanchez is up there with bale for sure Proud

how you like suarez dishing assists like a complementary player? :whistle:

funny how desire and drive go out the window when your being overshadowed with one of the 2 best players on the planet hmm, you know like benzema maybe?

but hey bleep reality, fifa and youtube land knows whats the real deal is

chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:51 am

chad its ok. Theres no use reasoning with a mule league enthusiast. if benz went to that poverty league he would score 30+ a season easily
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:30 am

I think Benzema and Suarez are very different and it's hard for me to pick who's better. they both have different strengths and characteristics imo..

Benzoid is a better passer and playmaker. he's also great finisher and has a better left foot than Suarez. his dribbling is also a little less erratic, but he doesn't dribble for long periods as often.. Suarez is riskier with his aggressive dribbling style, and many times it it pays off, but because of that he loses the ball more than Benz, but will chase it down and try to win it back when possible just about every time

Luis is more ideal if you want a striker who, in the final third, constantly presses defenses to try to force errors, even in the 90+ minutes..he'll sacrifice his all to win games. this is perfect when your strike partners are Messi and Neymar.

in a hypothetical world..I think Benzema and Suarez as a strike duo would be killer.

Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Socur Toxanarosa Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:01 pm

Benzema is not at the same league of Suarez, not even close, stop this nonsense Laughing
Socur Toxanarosa
Socur Toxanarosa
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:04 pm

Agreed. Suarez is a 89.
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:20 pm

Socur Toxanarosa wrote:Benzema is not at the same league of Suarez, not even close, stop this nonsense Laughing
which nonsense? you guys deify suarez because he put up 30 in season in EPL. it's probably the most incredible bit of overhyping in the history of modern football. A season in which by the way he was scoring most of his goals vs league fodders like Norwich, and disappeared late in the season when it was time to show up and win the league.

It's utterly ridiculous the way you lads overhype and overrate him. He is a quality player, but i don't see how he is in a different league than a player like benzema, or most elite CFs in football nowadays. Truth be told, there isn't a super elite for CFs nowadays, Lewandowski, Suarez, Benzema, Ibra, Kun, Costa, etc... most of those cats all playing at a similar level
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Socur Toxanarosa Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:25 pm

Suarez is a world beater, raped PL. Benzema is just a very good forward that got benched for HIGUAIN several times.

Kun(if healthy) and Suarez are the elite CF's
Socur Toxanarosa
Socur Toxanarosa
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:30 pm

FennecFox7 wrote:chad its ok. Theres no use reasoning with a mule league enthusiast. if benz went to that poverty league he would score 30+ a season easily

30 league goals?  I doubt it and I defend Benzema more than anyone else not named Sports on here Laughing

30 league goals doesn't happen in England very often and you have to pretty much have a perfect season and a perfect situation.( in fact in the last 10 years only 3 people have done it)

In any case there's clear hyperbole from both sides of this argument, neither are you are right as usual the truth is somewhere in between.

Last edited by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:35 pm

He scored 31, not 30. :coffee:

With 0 penalties by the way and missing 5 games. With penalties and if he wasn't banned it's not hard to imagine that he would have hit the 40 goal mark. Let's not pretend that what he did was not a special feat.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:54 pm

Katy Perry wrote:
Bankz wrote:Bale? *facepalm*, hazard? Yaya toure? Fabregas? Sweini? Iniesta currently? Ribbery? Reus? LoL.
In that list only messi, cr7, neymar, aguero, robben, suarez, add in ibra are better and more talented than benz on planet right now.
I could even make a case of benz over suarez tbh, as current suarez has basically being benzemas situation for 5 years now and look what he (suarez) is like now.
People dont realize what being a clubs go-to player can do for a players confidence, morale and mentality & vice-vasa.
To actually think u said u could make a bigger list.

Well, there's no inconfutable way to determinate whether a player is better than another, it's all about subjectivity. However, the players Socur Toxanarosa listed are all rated higher than Benzema in FIFA. Excuse me if I trust football experts who are paid to watch these players and rate them's opinion more than yours.

You're not even trying to be subtle anymore with your trolling. Football experts? Are you kidding me? The same guys that gave CR 99 dribbling Laughing

Anyways...again, people need to define what better means. Both have proven that they can score a lot of goals when they are the focal point. It also depends what kind of player you want to be honest. Benzema is much better at facilitating play while I think Suarez is a better spear head because of his energy. Technically, Benzema is a much better player but Suarez is more of a fantasista. Anyone that says Suarez is a level above Benzema is clueless. I would love to see how any striker does being CRs (and now Bale's) Water carrier.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:00 pm

Yeah people act like my saying Suarez is better than Benzema is some insult. I consider Benzema to be in the tier right behind Suarez. This is no slight, it's still amongst the top players in the world. You really have to have watched Liverpool over the last 3 years to understand how special a player Suarez was/is. His overall performance last year may have been the best PL season ever (at least for a striker, to put it in perspective nobody has ever had a better goals+assists per minute than Suarez IIRC and he did much more than just score goals). As was mentioned that was with 0 penalties and most of which he was the one who earned them.

Give him penalties and take away that ban he probably shatters the record.

Also the above post completely misses how much Suarez is involved in build-up play and play all around the pitch.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:26 pm

You mentioning Liverpool to rate Suarez is about the same as a spurs fan saying that Bale is right behind Messi and CR. Being a hero for your dead beat club doesn't mean that he is super elite in football. His overall performance last year was vastly overrated in a league which is consistently looking for a new hero that will become the image of the league. His scoring spree last season came against the worst teams in the league, and i repeat, the worst. People comparing him to Messi and CR because he would score 4 goals against norwich. He is a top player, but i haven't seen anything from him that differentiate him from what other top CFs in europe do.

If Falcao when he peaked in la liga was playing in England, the world would have probably broken.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:38 pm

Laughing

His performance was vastly overrated. I'm done here. Benzema is God, La Liga (I mean that 2-3 team league) is the best league in the world!@!@#!$%! and England is shit.

Meanwhile, Bale outscoring Benzema in league from the wing.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:47 pm

Nick was singing a different tune in the transfer rumour threads when it looked like Suarez was Madrid bound. The only teams Suarez didn't score against were Newcastle, Arsenal (still best player on the pitch in that 5-1), City (best player on the pitch at Etihad, created what should have been the opening goal but was ridiculously called offside: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsGeR6Xbf2I and assisted the opening goal at home), Chelsea, Aston Villa and Swansea (2 assists).

Chelsea is literally the only team where you can criticise him for not performing but guess what. Messi and Ronaldo have 1 goal combined against Chelsea in 20 appearances. They are masters at suffocating star attackers.

Totally ridiculous argument. I can also nitpick. Remind us of Ronaldo's performances last season when Madrid flopped against all top teams in La Liga. No show in Camp Nou, no show in Bernabeu Clasico apart from 1 outside of the box dive penalty, no show against Atletico at home in La Liga or in the CL final, no show in San Mames and this is supposedly the best player in the world with 3 Ballon d'Ors with a far superior support cast, not just a great striker.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:50 pm

"Bale outscoring Benzema in a league from the wing", this sums up the extent of your intelligence.

It takes little to watch the runs of madrid games and appreciate which of both as been a better player. But then again, you don't suspect you would detect such nuances. As a matter of fact, Bale has probably been the worse of our attackers so far this season, that includes, CR, Isco, James, Benzema, Kroos and Modric if you want.

But hey, what to expect, got to be banging them goals against norwich to be good. top lad, good talking with you.

@Fussbal, i would have happily taken the trade off pre WC bite incident. But that doesn't mean that he is a far better player than benzema. As a matter of fact, in terms of absolute value, looking at most CFs in europe, the differential isn't that huge. It's just that you will see some having better moments than other at various points in time. And not all play in the same team, with the same organization and the same responsibilities.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:21 pm

You are just making vague comments and not addressing the actual players. Your commentary alone speaks to not watching Suarez (but that sums up your intelligence I guess).

Also the Bale comment wasn't to say that he's playing better than Benzema. It was just a jab at the idea that Benzema would walk into England and score 30 goals easily. He is being outscored by a 'shit' winger on his own team who isn't the focus of the attack but Suarez is overrated. Then you go on to only talk about goals for Suarez but call other people idiots for not paying attention to the overall play with Benzema vs. Bale.

I mean you can't make this stuff up.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Pip Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:00 pm

Luisito scoring 31 in the Premier League - without penalties and missing the beginning of the season - is probably the most incredible bit of overhyping in the history of modern football?

rofl

Pip
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:25 pm

Nick was following Suarez closely before any Liverpool fan knew who Suarez was Laughing I don't think it's prudent to question his knowledge of the player to say the least.

Now, if you watch Madrid, you would realize that when Ronaldo and Bale play, Benzema drops into the 10 role because it's impossible to play 3 strikers on the same line... one will always need to zone out. So he only gets to shoot about 2 times a game since his main role is not to score; it's to create play. When Bale was hurt and Benz was playing a striker role, he scored in 8 straight games.

The reason? CR and especially Bale have poor vision and passing ability. So they aren't useful unless they're used as scoring threats. Because Benzema is similar to Rooney (just so an EPL person can relate), he is the logical one to move into a playmaking role.

Overall, Benz has 15 goals and 12 assists this season already to go along with 2 key passes per game and 81% passing accuracy. Bale has 14 goals, 6 assists, 1,2 key passes and 80% passing accuracy. Bale takes 3,6 shots per game and Benz 2,2. Benz has played in 29 games and Bale 27.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:36 pm

Im not saying that scoring 30 goals is easy. Im just sayings if the number of goals scored is the value by which you rate payers then I'm not interested in arguing with you.

Luis is a great player. The fact that he scored that many is an amazing fact. But achieving that doesnt put him in a different category in terms of absolute value from other elite players.

Would benzema have been able to do the same? I dont know. We will never know. And even of he couldn't would that have made him a lesser player? Is kun a lesser player of he can't do the same.

You used the amounts of goals luis scored to make him stand above other players. I told you he scored many meaningless goals. Then you bring up bale as to prove that benzema isnt as good a goalscorer? Who cares. Madrid is built around making CR score and Bale is a selfish ass who does nothing but hangs around the box to get his goals. You are not making any sense.
Gomez was scoring 50 goals per year at bayern and mandzhki. Benched him in balf a season.

I will say it again Suarez, Kun, Benzema, etc... Are all elite forwards. All different all fitting different schemes and tyles of play. But at the end of the day there is no outstanding gap among them
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:43 pm

2 key passes is quite poor for a supposed "number 10" who sacrifices his game to facilitate play instead of scoring, especially since key pass is defined loosely as the last pass to a teammate before he takes a shot and Benzema plays alongside the 2 trigger happiest players in the world which should see his key pass numbers inflated. Suarez averages 2.9 key passes per game for Barca and 2.7 for Liverpool last season. In fact I looked it up and Benzema is not even at 2 key passes per game. He's at 1.6 in La Liga. Looks like he's simply hiding and being DMzema instead of Playmakezema most of the time tbh. hmm

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:54 pm

Yes, Aguero and Benzema are lesser players than Suarez (at least the Suarez of the last few years). Not even just at a club level...they both play on superior NTs than he does yet Suarez plays better and stands out more. Anyone actually watching the three play can see that Suarez contributes more to all phases of play. He is good with link up and passing, he is good with scoring, he is great at drawing defenders and even midfielders and he has one of the highest workrates out there.

There is no question for me that if you are assigning tiers of players it goes (at least based on say the last 3 years, these things can change quickly):

Tier 1: Messi, Ronaldo
Tier 2: Robben, Suarez, Ibrahimovic

Then you have the likes of Ribery, Lewandowski, Reus, Hazard, Neymar, Bale, Benzema, Aguero, etc. (not in any order) to sort out not even including midfielders and defenders.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:44 pm

fusbal....  Suarez is at 2,2 key passes (2,5 in La Liga and 1,0 in CL) while Benz is at 2 (3,4 in CL and 1,5 in La Liga).

Benz was at almost 3 until Modric went out (CL pool play was over and it affected La Liga).  Once James AND Isco came into the midfield, they make a ton of runs in.  Those guys don't really shoot... they prefer making the final pass.  Benz has been playing those guys in mostly as opposed to directly to CR/Bale.  Also, we have more trouble getting out of the midfield without Modric... so Benz has been dropping lower.  So his passes have gone mostly to help flow while Modric is out as opposed to playing final balls predominantly when Modric was in.

In any case, Suarez is living off of reputation this season.  In terms of play, Benz is pissing all over both Suarez and Bale this season.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:48 pm

and somehow stats don't matter... it's all in the eye of the beholder. Right Cujo? Laughing So explain to me Benz' play in this last WC compared to Suarez' since you bring up NT.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:50 pm

Not really surprising Suarez isn't performing as well for a new team when he's arguably the 3rd wheel tbf.

It's an adjustment and one which will take time, same criticisms were had of Neymar last year and look at him right now. Only real difference is Neymar didn't have the reputation Suarez has right now.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:55 pm

Benzema was great this season, arguably a top 10 performer world-wide. Bale this season has been quite poor bar some matches. Last season they were on par but Bale in his mind reached star status and is very selfish. Last season he was keeping it simple, using his strengths.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:05 pm

as far as third wheels in big teams go , Benzema > Suarez by a mile so far .

it's funny how Farça fans are reduced to raving about  intangibles that Suarez is supposedly bringing after months of telling us that he'll crush La liga and destroy Real madrid Laughing

it's still too early, but suarez is on route to score less than Benchzema did in 2009-2010 imo Laughing

Last edited by farfan on Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:06 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : r)
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 28 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19 ... 28  Next