Shed
rwo power
Donuts
fatman123
Art Morte
70 posters

Page 9 of 26 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 26  Next

Go down

Are you happy with GL's activity? - Page 9 Empty Re: Are you happy with GL's activity?

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:57 pm

Chat ruined nothing, apart from....

Wait for it...

Just a second now.

Almost there...

LIVE MATCH DAY THREADS. The shittest threads in existence, where it's filled with 1 liners about whatever happened in the game, only unlike chat you have to physically stop watching the game for ages to take part, looking through pages, refreshing, etc etc

GLs activity is low because the core of posters that were here don't post as often because of their lives, a lot of new people lately just join up to talk absolute shit and aren't the sort of people we want anyway, or they're advertising their shitty websites.

Then factor in how many active posters are now banned for one reason or the other and you are left with this

Some old posters have less time to post. = Activity drops

Some old posters are banned/left. = Activity drops

The quantity and quality of new posters has been crap. = Activity stays as it is after a Week or so.

There's nobody coming in to replace the ones who are gone, simple really.

So is the chat box the reason people are posting less? No that's ridiculous. Are potential new posters running away in disgust because there's a chat feature? Does anybody really want threads with 4 and 5 word sentences taking up 30 pages in some shitty match thread?

Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Are you happy with GL's activity? - Page 9 Empty Re: Are you happy with GL's activity?

Post by RealGunner Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:59 pm

I find it hard to believe that chat is responsible for a massive decrease in activity in a matter of weeks when chat has been on for years and our peak activity took place after chat was activated.

M99 is spot on. Activity drastically decreased after the WC. Also the year where many either graduated and got a job, or where high school students went on to Unis or whatever.

The problem isn't that new people aren't coming in. Problem is that the old posters stopped posting for their personal reasons.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:42 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Chat ruined nothing, apart from....

Wait for it...

Just a second now.

Almost there...

LIVE MATCH DAY THREADS. The shittest threads in existence, where it's filled with 1 liners about whatever happened in the game, only unlike chat you have to physically stop watching the game for ages to take part, looking through pages, refreshing, etc etc

GLs activity is low because the core of posters that were here don't post as often because of their lives, a lot of new people lately just join up to talk absolute shit and aren't the sort of people we want anyway, or they're advertising their shitty websites.

Then factor in how many active posters are now banned for one reason or the other and you are left with this

The quantity and quality of new posters has been crap. = Activity stays as it is after a Week or so.

So is the chat box the reason people are posting less? No that's ridiculous. Are potential new posters running away in disgust because there's a chat feature? Does anybody really want threads with 4 and 5 word sentences taking up 30 pages in some shitty match thread?

This is what I'm talking about.Trying too hard...It's not funny.It's not interesting.It is forced.

Matchday threads were great for many reasons.After a memorable match, (for me Inter 09/10 CL campaign mostly and other great games that season) I would come back to a thread,start from the beginning and relive it through other people's reactions and opinions.For me,that was amazing.

You can give meaningful feedback,analysis and discuss it instead of OMG and WTF and GOAAAAL.(McLewis matchday commentary FFS :bow:)

Why was the chat where it went wrong?Because it stopped being about football.Now it's about posing and some stuff I can't even make out,much like in the post quoted.

The core of everything used to be football.The jokes were epic,discussions were interesting,trolling was advanced and that's what brings people in.I used to fall asleep thinking about what I'm gonna read on GL tomorrow,how many people will upvote the post I made,think of arguments I would use in the discussion to win it.

People were biting,plain and simple.Biting so hard that it would be taken to such extremes that there would be a war on here every month or so Laughing

Now the charisma of this place is gone.That is why people are not posting.I'm just taking myself as an example.I stopped understanding what is going on in there quite a while ago.Place got taken over by the people who used to add quantity to the quality others were bringing,but now they can't reproduce the quality themselves.

I honestly don't even know what's still keeping me here and my stay is on it's last legs,and has been for a while now.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:57 pm

Vibe wrote:

Wait for it...

Just a second now.

Almost there...

This is what I'm talking about.Trying too hard...It's not funny.It's not interesting.It is forced.

Matchday threads were great for many reasons.After a memorable match, (for me Inter 09/10 CL campaign mostly and other great games that season) I would come back to a thread,start from the beginning and relive it through other people's reactions and opinions.For me,that was amazing.

You can give meaningful feedback,analysis and discuss it instead of OMG and WTF and GOAAAAL.(McLewis matchday commentary FFS :bow:)

Why was the chat where it went wrong?Because it stopped being about football.Now it's about posing and some stuff I can't even make out,much like in the post quoted.

The core of everything used to be football.The jokes were epic,discussions were interesting,trolling was advanced and that's what brings people in.I used to fall asleep thinking about what I'm gonna read on GL tomorrow,how many people will upvote the post I made,think of arguments I would use in the discussion to win it.

People were biting,plain and simple.Biting so hard that it would be taken to such extremes that there would be a war on here every month or so Laughing

Now the charisma of this place is gone.That is why people are not posting.I'm just taking myself as an example.I stopped understanding what is going on in there quite a while ago.Place got taken over by the people who used to add quantity to the quality others were bringing,but now they can't reproduce the quality themselves.

I honestly don't even know what's still keeping me here and my stay is on it's last legs,and has been for a while now.

You're not fooling anyone CM Vibe
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:45 pm

People blame chat because is the easiest way out. But hey way to ignore my main point.

ACTIVITY IN CHAT HAS DECREASED TOO

CHAT WAS AT ITS PEAK WHEN THREADS WERE AT ITS PEAK TOO

CHAT AND THREADS NEVER HAD AN INVERSE RELATIONSHIP
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:01 pm

i definitely fall into the old poster who doesn't have as much time anymore...because of work and the fact it's the last days of the season so kinda just seeing it out now

but just wait till transfer seasons begins....i'll be in full fledge "Vidal/Thiago/Ronaldo/Fabregas is coming" mode Proud
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:14 pm

Vibe wrote:

Wait for it...

Just a second now.

Almost there...

Complains about chat

Never posts any more

Talks about problems with activity. rofl Ā 

Yeah have fun with that. You're part of the problem more than chat is if you want to talk about lack of activity.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:23 pm

Eh, let's not get personal. People's lives go on and they have less time to argue about Chicha vs Benz on an online forum. This is perfectly normal and no specific users should be called out for it.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:34 pm

It's hard to argue with Vibe's post really, I know people who are already here like the chat but outsiders don't feel like they belong here after seeing constant trolling/piss taking in it which I'm at fault aswell when I rarely enter the chat, I'm well aware of that but that's because rules don't seem to exist anymore in GL. It's all about "banter" now instead of serious discussion combined with a lot of fun which is what this place used to be. It's a legitimate concern on new posters.

You can't explain it with "people are getting older and busy", that's what happens in every forum but new users usually take over and older posters are still are active if everyone else is. This is a really lazy excuse.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:53 pm

I hope people remember that a lot of the 'serious discussion' tactical debate threads were lucky to break 2 pages.

The style of posting hasn't changed significantly, and chat's off like 18 hours a day even on match days so that's a myth

And how many new posters have joined the chat and felt left out? Another myth. New posters aren't even going near the chat, mainly because we hardly get any new posters in the first place.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:56 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Eh, let's not get personal. People's lives go on and they have less time to argue about Chicha vs Benz on an online forum. This is perfectly normal and no specific users should be called out for it.

It's absolutely fine to not post on GL, of course it's completely optional and up to each individual, anybody disputing that is an idiot.

But you can't seriously complain about the activity on GL, whilst being an old user who's now a part of that lack of activity.

That's just ridiculous.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:58 pm

The chat isn't the problem and should be left out of the conversation already, but otherwise I agree with Vibe. We have many quality posters still, but the overall quality isn't as good as it used to be. It feels stale. Sometimes on an Internet forum quantity springs quality; hot threads get people curious and encourage to take part in them.

Nowadays I can go to the general section after being offline for 10 hours and see only a handful of threads with new replies - and the threads are something like:
"Top defences"
"The Calcio Saga"
"Hazard admits Bale is football's Javale Mcgee"
"Olivier Giroud"
"Goalkeepers are hawt, share your fantasies"
"Quotes from other forums"

and to take nothing away from those threads (except for the Calcio Saga, for Serie ZzzzZzzzZ is meant to be mocked and that joke never gets old, just like you never get too old to play in Serie ZzzZZzz), it just doesn't feel like it's a) fresh enough b) has enough quantity to encourage you to post and get excited about the forum's buzz.

I mean, this was a bit 'uh-oh' in Vibe's post:

Vibe wrote:I used to fall asleep thinking about what I'm gonna read on GL tomorrow

but I do miss the days when I couldn't guess what to expect to find when coming to the forum, nowadays that excitement is nearly gone. There's very little buzz about this place nowadays.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:24 pm

Ps. If you're one of the new Barca fans Fusball bribed to join, ignore this thread, this is just a weird inside joke, the forum's great and joining it was the best decision of your lives.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:29 pm

Art Morte wrote:Nowadays I can go to the general section after being offline for 10 hours and see only a handful of threads with new replies - and the threads are something like:
"Top defences"
"The Calcio Saga"
"Hazard admits Bale is football's Javale Mcgee"
"Olivier Giroud"
"Goalkeepers are hawt, share your fantasies"
"Quotes from other forums".
At least I do post stuff :coffee:

Oh, and not all goalies are hawt. I reserve that mostly for a certain one Razz
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:21 am

rwo power wrote:
Oh, and not all goalies are hawt. I reserve that mostly for a certain one Razz

Are you happy with GL's activity? - Page 9 Xavi3
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:26 am

@Mole

You can't even marginally consider Joe Hart as hot, or can you? Shocked
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:33 am

Not my place to say :coffee:

Although i hate his Head and Shoulder adverts and in general find him dislikeable hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:28 am

How can you find this man dislikeable?

BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:21 am

Chat is evil people...You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy Are you happy with GL's activity? - Page 9 Preach
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:41 pm

ffs CBarca what have you done, no wonder we get no new members.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:21 pm

Activity is fine tbh.

The quality not so much.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed May 20, 2015 8:14 am

Maybe you shouldn't be quite so fast to ban new members that actually post.

At the least, I'd appreciate if the "ban thread" was continued so we can at least have some sort of transparency or information about this.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed May 20, 2015 9:26 am

Muppet was pretty bad, tbf smoking
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed May 20, 2015 9:35 am

Posting is fine, breaking the rules with almost every post is not.

As for the ban thread, I will speak to the staff about keeping it updated.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed May 20, 2015 10:33 am

wait muppet is banned? lol
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed May 20, 2015 11:23 am

Out of all the bans, Hans is mourning Muppet's lol
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 26 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 26  Next