Shed
rwo power
Donuts
fatman123
Art Morte
70 posters

Page 8 of 26 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 26  Next

Go down

Are you happy with GL's activity? - Page 8 Empty Re: Are you happy with GL's activity?

Post by McAgger Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:37 pm

I'm still convinced you're him, Hans :coffee: He showed a lot of interest in Liverpool like you, although all of it was strictly negative. hmm

McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Are you happy with GL's activity? - Page 8 Empty Re: Are you happy with GL's activity?

Post by M99 Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:40 pm

Idris is playing the long game brahs. "Hans" is not fooling me.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:40 pm

Also Fuss ffs, if you brought in a bunch of ultra fickle whiny Barcaforum people, I'm gonna hunt you down.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:40 pm

M99 wrote:Idris is playing the long game brahs. "Hans" is not fooling me.
This
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:41 pm

My favorite Idris thread was in the off topic section. The fighting thread where he wanted to beat all of us up Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:43 pm

I can recruit some people from troll football.

RONALDO+ROBBEN+BALE+RIBERY+MALDINI*RIVALDO*RONALDINHO/HESKEY = MESSI

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:46 pm

Idri's best post
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:47 pm

I've seen some of my gifs used on different forums. I could just put goallegacy on any new gifs I make and that would be a nice advert for the forum. :coffee:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:52 pm

Didn't I ask you to do that months ago ffs
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:53 pm

@James

Make it so!
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:54 pm

RealGunner wrote:Didn't I ask you to do that months ago ffs

I haven't made any new gifs since you asked me Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:35 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:Maybe if we unban all banned members for a week and see how that affects the forum hmm

Badger hammering on Tom again, Idris' stance on Pep as coach, Rossonero23 providing insightful and extensive knowledge on all things Italian hmm

imagine the return of Sciacca Proud
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:41 pm

Don't think it'd make a huge difference since half the banned accounts are jibers.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:25 am

Fußball wrote:Let me see if I can bring some Barca homies. :coffee:

Stay safe Mehdrid fans.

Having multiple accounts is a ban-able offense.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:50 am

Chat was the death of this forum,Vibestradamus predicted it the moment it appeared.

Matchday commentary threads were the best.

It is hard for new members to fit in the chatroom even more than the general forum because a group of posters there make it repelling,even I am not interested in it anymore.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:05 am

Matchday commentary threads >>> chat

But it's a matter of opinion.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:05 am

Don't call me James wrote:Also Fuss ffs, if you brought in a bunch of ultra fickle whiny Barcaforum people, I'm gonna hunt you down.

Only the best. Molenation

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:27 pm

Vibe wrote:Chat was the death of this forum,Vibestradamus predicted it the moment it appeared.

It is hard for new members to fit in the chatroom even more than the general forum because a group of posters there make it repelling,even I am not interested in it anymore.

Bollocks was it, chat was only during big games at weekends and CL nights not all the time.

Chat had absolutely zero to do with anything, people just got older and had less time to spend on a football forum and newer posters haven't really joined much to replace them.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:41 pm

I do kind of agree with Vibe though not all of it.

There could have been some kind of damage limitation if i can call it,at some point.I mean,you had the chat on for some pretty insignificant games during the weekend,or even on Monday nights when the PL teams play.Heck there was even a chat for WWE events although from a larger perspective this was a bit redundant.

I am not complaining but i guess its upto the GL staff what they really want.Do they prefer a core of 10-20 quality posters and have the forum stay as it is or do they take some measures to attract new posters even though its not known if we'd get the same level of quality ? If its the former,then i wont blame them.At the end of the day,its really upto their choice to expand the forum or not.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:45 pm

I doubt WWE events had much of an impact tbf, it was on at a time where hardly anyone was on.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:51 pm

Yeah,true.I mentioned that only to kind of enhance my point.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:29 pm

I don't think the chat has had much of an impact on the overall activity, that is pretty much solely down to people "growing out" of GL and not many new people coming in (due to GL's lack of fame). Having the chat on match days is just a matter of opinion, personally I cannot be following both the chat and a game (whereas a commentary thread you can refresh and check out when there's a lull in the game or at half-time). But just a matter of opinion.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:45 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Vibe wrote:Chat was the death of this forum,Vibestradamus predicted it the moment it appeared.

Bollocks was it, chat was only during big games at weekends and CL nights not all the time.

Chat had absolutely zero to do with anything, people just got older and had less time to spend on a football forum and newer posters haven't really joined much to replace them.

IMHO chat is the biggest reason of the downfall.

Threads are clear,they have context,even if you don't understand anything you can read back and understand and get in on it.In the chatroom there's just a dominant group who are trying too hard with internal jokes,which are an evolution of stuff that used to be funny,and no one new gets it.

We were a group who used to make epic stuff and everyone wanted to be a part of it,and everyone had their place in it,one way or another.Everything I read now feels forced and doesn't make me want to be a part of it.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:27 pm

Agree with Vibe on the chat thing. Even I sometimes don't get what's going on when I enter.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:49 pm

This debate has been done to death and chat has no way ruined the forum. Chat has been around since 2012 and has been around at the forum's peak and has been there in it's lowest point. It hardly affects any activity except for matchday threads with posts like "GOOOOAAAAAAAAAL" or "BULLSHIT REF"

El Gunner wrote:Agree with Vibe on the chat thing. Even I sometimes don't get what's going on when I enter.

And did that decrease your activity on the forum in general? I think not. you are one of the most active posters in recent times.

Activity in chat has decreased too. It's not like there is an inverse relationship of activity in threads and chat. Before chat used to be filled with people for Milan vs Fiorentina, now we get around the same number of people in a big CL match.

It's like Mole said, people grew older and the number of people that stopped posting is far greater than new posters coming in. Ganso literally called this when the forum was created. http://www.goallegacy.net/t187-we-are-in-an-island?highlight=island
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:57 pm

Chat ruined nothing, apart from....

Wait for it...

Just a second now.

Almost there...

LIVE MATCH DAY THREADS. The shittest threads in existence, where it's filled with 1 liners about whatever happened in the game, only unlike chat you have to physically stop watching the game for ages to take part, looking through pages, refreshing, etc etc

GLs activity is low because the core of posters that were here don't post as often because of their lives, a lot of new people lately just join up to talk absolute shit and aren't the sort of people we want anyway, or they're advertising their shitty websites.

Then factor in how many active posters are now banned for one reason or the other and you are left with this

Some old posters have less time to post. = Activity drops

Some old posters are banned/left. = Activity drops

The quantity and quality of new posters has been crap. = Activity stays as it is after a Week or so.

There's nobody coming in to replace the ones who are gone, simple really.

So is the chat box the reason people are posting less? No that's ridiculous. Are potential new posters running away in disgust because there's a chat feature? Does anybody really want threads with 4 and 5 word sentences taking up 30 pages in some shitty match thread?
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 26 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 26  Next