Shed
rwo power
Donuts
fatman123
Art Morte
70 posters

Page 17 of 26 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 21 ... 26  Next

Go down

Are you happy with GL's activity? - Page 17 Empty Re: Are you happy with GL's activity?

Post by Guest Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:26 pm

Did you read McLewis' post? Things aren't going to happen overnight, bruh.

Back to top Go down

Are you happy with GL's activity? - Page 17 Empty Re: Are you happy with GL's activity?

Post by RED Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:35 am

Are you happy with GL's activity? - Page 17 CLVMhtL

Never realised how dead the bayern, roma and inter section were till I logged in this morning. Nearly a month of no activity. The utd section is pretty inactive too(not really much to talk about these days).

RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:08 am

I had this impression that the Roma section used to be active, but I see that it has fewer posts than the Bayern section that's never been active.

Btw & wtf, why has Juventus section over 5000 more topics than any other club section? xDDD
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:32 pm

Devi Proud
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:12 am

Honestly it's been a while that I don't enjoy football anymore like I used to.
And it's not only because of Chelsea's bad season, I feel the same towards the PL, Serie Zz and even Clasico and CL that I used to really enjoy years ago. Like, I literally can't watch a game from start to finish and at a certain point I have to stop.
And as a natural consequence my activity on the forum has severely dropped, altho I still come to GL occasionally.

And yea, like it's been already suggested bringing more new people would help in this regard.
Personally I wouldn't know who to bring exactly since no one in my social circle is really interested about PL or international football in general (which is the reason I registered to GL in the first place).
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:34 am

Yes me and Zizzle carried the section. Then he killed himself... . And everything is done. . Meh we're the 2nd team most supported in Italy but same number of fans than Roma kn GL (: Dat anomaly
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:41 am

I don't know if it has anything to do with this thread, but there are 3-4 new active members and activity has picked up a little bit.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:13 pm

http://www.goallegacy.net/t39589-glmania-special-pogba-to-united-is-all-but-done

Record-breaker on a dead company (forum)

Get your GL Network subscriptions asap lads (:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:17 pm

summerslam period is always busy

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:18 pm

S wrote:http://www.goallegacy.net/t39589-glmania-special-pogba-to-united-is-all-but-done

Record-breaker on a dead company (forum)

Get your GL Network subscriptions asap lads (:

Only if you provide original content like Legends with Tomwin Lannister and the Stone Firenze podcast.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:43 pm

I just read the last pages.

Honestly, I like the banter, I like the users of GL, even though I had my fights with some of them (I was such an immature person), the only thing that I don't like is that there is no activity in the Man United section. As a huge fan of MUTD, I would love from time to time to share opinions and have serious discussions about the club. This can probably be applied to the other sections with low activity for the fans of those teams.

Like it has been said, this can't be done in the General Football section because it always becomes TrollMania.

I thought that we are not enough Man United fans on the forum, but that is false. It's the fact that we don't post very often. I don't know why. We were about 15 Man United fans who had let's say...more than 500 posts on the forum.

Lately, I started reading and posting in the 'Hub' section. I love the discussions from there.

Smile
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:47 pm

Think its to do with how bad United have done in the last 3 years.

Maybe there will be more posts now that United are looking formidable again. Busby is a big miss though
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:57 pm

RealGunner wrote:Think its to do with how bad United have done in the last 3 years.

Maybe there will be more posts now that United are looking formidable again. Busby is a big miss though

Personally, I don't think so. I also had my periods of inactivity, I know that. But more because I had my mind too busy with other stuff. To be fair, I would like to avoid that happening in the future.

And for me, the few United fans that post there are among my favorite users from GL so I miss their activity in our section.

B-Mac and RED are also passive lately.

I figured out a few days earlier that ronaldo__9 probably changed his name into Busby Babe because in a thread from our section created by me, the one with the GL Fanbase, I gave him the nickname "Busby Babe". The post #20. I don't know if that was the reason of his username change, but I feel good about it anyway. Smile
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:55 am

Activity has dropped a bit again in the last two weeks I have noticed.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:04 am

NT break bruh.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:43 pm

ffs

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:18 pm

Looking back on what we discussed last year, how are people feeling now?

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:52 pm

traditional forums are dying all over the place a few I've visited have suffered steep decline in activity over the last few years as more people prefer things like Twitter, etc

not much to be done really but hope for the odd new member to trickle into our little niche community
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:30 pm

My concern grew when the fantasy league feel apart this season Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:16 pm

This is a dying community, not much we can do about it. We had the opportunity to grow when this place was buzzing but we didn't take the chance.

Anyways, I had different question, are Dani, RO, and JD still given admin status?

They should be stripped off those powers. They are not part of the community anymore and I don't think it's right those people have so much moderating power over some of our private information.

Promote BC and Rwo to admin, I don't care.

In the real world when an employee leaves they are not still given all level of access over the companies resources and information.

pls respond RG.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:49 pm

Don't call me James wrote:This is a dying community, not much we can do about it. We had the opportunity to grow when this place was buzzing but we didn't take the chance.

Anyways, I had different question, are Dani, RO, and JD still given admin status?

They should be stripped off those powers. They are not part of the community anymore and I don't think it's right those people have so much moderating power over some of our private information.

Promote BC and Rwo to admin, I don't care.

In the real world when an employee leaves they are not still given all level of access over the companies resources and information.

pls respond RG.

Sad
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:03 am

lol I thought you were already an admin Kick, sorry bud. Laughing

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:10 am

Considering I have been a Mod for the least amount of time, I should be last in line.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:21 am

I honestly feel like it wasn't about growing, but allowing this place to be unique for what it was...or at least that is my current speculation. I don't think we needed to be so harsh and perma-ban some of those "bad apples", maybe it became too much of a dictatorship. Not blaming any of the admin team as I connected well with most of the guys...but maybe allowing true freedom of speech - even if hateful and all that negative stuff. Or would they have forced out some of the "more serious posters" - such a delicate balance to find.

With the situation the way it is now, I think about where it all went wrong...or were we all destined to get distracted by life.

Back then, I don't know how I felt. I just fail to believe all forums are destined for failure...looking at the activity now, it's really a bit sad for me. I loved writing and developing a lot of me personality during some years where I didn't have many friends in the city I lived. Did we take this place for granted...did those who left move on to bigger and better things Very Happy

So many good memories and connections were made over the years Smile

pretty bitter sweet.

I feel like this is the last place where I can still come and get motivation to write lengthy posts and get responses. Otherwise, it seems as if I burnt many bridges and my posts create ghost threads rofl

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:04 am

I'm fine with the place it is right now. Mind you, if the likes of Mole, Robes, M99, James, RG, Firenze, Kick, Betty, ES, Rincon, Luca, jibers and many more (don't be insulted if you weren't named tbh just put the first couple that came into my head, I love all of you) started to leave, yeah, I would get upset.

As of now, I don't see anything new to complain about that I wouldn't have since last year. Who have we lost, just Art in that time?

As long as the core remains the same, I don't see the problem. I think my relative indifference comes for the same reason that some are leaving--the forum has become a less important part of my life as I've grown older. Hell, football has become less important and therefore the forum by default. I've got new interests, and a different lifestyle than I did years ago. So for me, how can I be very upset with this forum if I'm not even as terribly invested in it as I used to be?

I'm content with the way that it is. I love the people here, and they stick around. We lose some guys, but we gain some guys too. This forum has a habit of making people stick around, as long as those people do, this forum fulfills what I need it to.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:48 pm

McAgger is right. Not allowing the place to grow and not changing admins killed this place. Its on its last legs now. I think activity will die after the World Cup next year.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 26 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 21 ... 26  Next