Shed
rwo power
Donuts
fatman123
Art Morte
70 posters

Page 18 of 26 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 22 ... 26  Next

Go down

Are you happy with GL's activity? - Page 18 Empty Re: Are you happy with GL's activity?

Post by M99 Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:48 am

McAgger is right. Not allowing the place to grow and not changing admins killed this place. Its on its last legs now. I think activity will die after the World Cup next year.

M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Are you happy with GL's activity? - Page 18 Empty Re: Are you happy with GL's activity?

Post by S Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:51 am

TNA of football forums Proud
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:20 pm

Meltzer's monthly newsletter. hmm

13/02/2017

Wrestling Observer Newsletter understands that Goal Legacy will undergo monumental changes in the near future as a result of the dwindling ratings. The company's decline in recent years has put GL officials in panic mode and things are finally set to change. We understand BigSoccer recently put in a bid to purchase the GL library. However GL officials are standing their ground and refusing to give up. Our top sources say they will do everything and anything to rekindle the glory days.

The first change will no doubt cause controversy. It will see GL legend and former GL d'or winner Onyx finally turn heel. There is no doubt that GL's ratings were at an all time high when Onyx was the top face in the company. However in recent years, his part time status has caused fans to leave in droves. We look forward to seeing what the leader of imo movement has in store for us as a heel.

The second change will see GL officials attempt to sign the top posters on the indynet. Our sources can confirm GL officials have been scouring the indynet for months and have already formed a shortlist of 5 names. Social media has played a huge part in a bid to attract the biggest names. The number one attribute officials have been looking for in a potential GL superstar is whether they are 'larger than life'. According to GL officials, they have been signing too many 'vanilla midgets' in recent years who spend much of their time injured, on the sidelines, instead of the banterfield known as Goal Legacy.

The GL presentation has remained the same since its inception and there's no better time than now to change that. Our sources can confirm GL officials have finally decided to give the website a complete makeover. That includes a new 10 sided ring, new lighting and new colours. We understand GL officials have decided to upgrade to vbulletin. Currently, forumotion only allows 20 fans at a time in the arena. Vbulletin will feature a new 60,000 capacity arena. Big enough to compete against global juggernauts such as BigSoccer.

The final change will see the club forums being merged. This idea had been suggested by all time GL great Onyx in the past, however it was swiftly ignored. He recently spoke to us and said 'GL officials took no notice of an idea from their top money maker and they have paid the price. The ignoramuses in the GL universe also voted against it, so they are also at fault, imo'. GL officials have seen the errors of their ways and have finally listened to their saviour.

We understand there will be many more changes to come in the future, so stay tuned for our next newsletter.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:41 pm

Not even the Arsenal section is active anymore Sad
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:15 pm

Would agree the admins that left should be stripped, and more active ones I.E the mods put in their place. If for no other reason than GL chat is a long forgotten relic now because only RG opens it and when he goes on those 5* holiday trips there's nobody else left to do it.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:28 pm

Induct the old admins into the HoF imo
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:30 pm

chat used to be GOAT, now we only get it for CL and there are no guarantee's of that once Arsenal get dumped out in the R16 as per

the PL thread has definitely thrived without it though since on match days it generally gets tons of replies that it otherwise wouldn't if chat were up, but who really cares about that

that said, even currently active staff like BC and Kick don't seem SUPER active and have timezones that make opening chat an issue

I think the best course of action for this is to Admin me IMO
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:32 pm

Hold on, if we're planning on electing a new admin, he needs to:

1) Be able to open chat
2) Be active
3) Actually moderate

Since i have experience in moderating chat, i think i'm the best case candidate for this
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:34 pm

Just give me unlimited power. I'll fix this place in no time.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:35 pm

surely there's a way to make it so that certain usergroups are able to open chat and not just admins?

I don't think we really need new admins tbh and if we did it would be BC and Kick of course, just make a special usergroup that can open chat and promote certain active members to it or something, chat definitely needs to return for CL/PL/big European match days
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:36 pm

Nah that's not possible. Would have given mods that right ages ago.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:47 pm

We need to know if anyone heard from rwo ffs.

Has she told her mod colleagues anything about an absence? Or is she just really missing?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:50 pm

Nothing can be done to save it imo. That boat has sailed sometime ago. It's like ur favourite uncle has been diagnosed with cancer, u feel for him but there's hardly anything u can do about it. Only thing in our hand now is to spend some quality time with him and enjoy the company as long as we can. Make peace with it guys.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:54 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:We need to know if anyone heard from rwo ffs.

Has she told her mod colleagues anything about an absence? Or is she just really missing?

We are equally concerned, specially since she was ill the last time she was posting over a mont hago. Let's just hope she is on holidays and didn't tell anyone.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:01 pm

Tired of discussing about activity tbh

Or if people want a radical change , just sack RG and put him to honorary member status and get new guys in who are active and can steer the sinking ship like ES for example

RG buried an entire forum with his laziness imo
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:08 pm

S wrote:Tired of discussing about activity tbh

Or if people want a radical change , just sack RG and put him to honorary member status and get new guys in who are active and can steer the sinking ship like ES for example

RG buried an entire forum with his laziness imo

This is actually true. Something which I apologise for.

Been thinking about stepping down for quite some time now tbh.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:24 pm

Chat won't help the forum at all. If anything It'll clog the only time when this forum is active ie Matchdays.

Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:32 pm

I'll tell you, the best part about the forum these days is the EPL thread and that is down to not having chat on match days. I look forward to reading all those pages whenever I miss games which is often and likewise the banter that comes along with it too. I'd miss this content if chat is put back on. Just saying.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:35 pm

S wrote:I'll tell you, the best part about the forum these days is the EPL thread and that is down to not having chat on match days. I look forward to reading all those pages whenever I miss games which is often and likewise the banter that comes along with it too. I'd miss this content if chat is put back on. Just saying.

inb4FirenzesaysGOATLeague
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:51 pm

Nishankly wrote:
S wrote:I'll tell you, the best part about the forum these days is the EPL thread and that is down to not having chat on match days. I look forward to reading all those pages whenever I miss games which is often and likewise the banter that comes along with it too. I'd miss this content if chat is put back on. Just saying.

inb4FirenzesaysGOATLeague

GOATLEAGUE
O
A
T
L
E
A
G
U
E

Are you happy with GL's activity? - Page 18 Bobby+Roode+glorious+bomb

also I hope S was just cutting a promo on RG and not actually shitting on him and serious with that post smh
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:07 pm

Yea chat actually has more cons than pros.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:08 pm

I don't mind chats on Friday nights, I can learn a lot about WWE imo
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:09 pm

ehh, you can argue in favor for both sides

100% we need it for big evening games and CL EL nights though
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:09 pm

Don't call me James wrote:This is a dying community, not much we can do about it. We had the opportunity to grow when this place was buzzing but we didn't take the chance.

Anyways, I had different question, are Dani, RO, and JD still given admin status?

What happened to them? Aren't they all still around? I haven't been paying enough attention to the on-topic sections to notice Rolling Eyes
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:10 pm

Nishankly wrote:I don't mind chats on Friday nights, I can learn a lot about WWE imo

but that's when we should be going out getting drunk and smashing hoes
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:12 pm

El Gunner wrote:
Nishankly wrote:I don't mind chats on Friday nights, I can learn a lot about WWE imo

but that's when we should be going out getting drunk and smashing hoes

Ideally yeah.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 26 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 22 ... 26  Next