The Franchise
McAgger
Blue Barrett
Freeza
Great Leader Sprucenuce
19 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by McAgger Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:37 pm

Yeah apparently it's between Okafor and Karl Towns. My college-basketball-fanatic buddy is telling me it's a pretty weak draft.

McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by McAgger Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:09 pm

Just saw that Kobe only ever has 20 career triple doubles. Isn't that kind of low? Seems weak as *bleep* to me. He's been in the league almost 20 years ffs.

Not exactly sure what other greats have but 20 just seems way too low. Just last season I remember Curry getting like 4 or 5 triple doubles alone.

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:29 pm

Triple dubs > Rings
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:32 pm

Don't call me James wrote:Just saw that Kobe only ever has 20 career triple doubles. Isn't that kind of low? Seems weak as *bleep* to me. He's been in the league almost 20 years ffs.

Not exactly sure what other greats have but 20 just seems way too low. Just last season I remember Curry getting like 4 or 5 triple doubles alone.

The guy just set the record for most missed shots ever and you're wondering why he doesn't have more Triple doubles?

Laughing
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:38 pm

He also set a record for only guy to have 30k points and 6,000 assists and only non point guard with more playoff assists than him is Larry Bird.

Let's not act like he's always been a chucker, besides I'd argue the biggest reason he doesn't have more is because he more often than not played with dominant big men so they gobbled up the boards.

Triple doubles are more about the personnel around you and what they can do than anything else, meh it doesn't really mean anything.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:42 pm

It sort of does give you an indication of a consistent all around game tbh though.

Meh, I just brought it up because 20 is just such a low number for one of the top 10 players of all time that's played almost 20 years in the league. Kind of equivalent to Balotelli having one assist in his whole career or some shit like that Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:49 pm

Yes he has always been a chucker. That's undeniable.

Dude has the most missed shots ever and is not even in the top 5 for most made. There's a reason for that.
He also has never shot above 47% for a single season and this is while playing in 2 lock-out shortened seasons and basically being a non-factor for his first 2 years.

Let's not sugar-coat it. The dude shoots the air out of the ball, he's a volume scorer. Phil Jackson even said it in kind terms "Kobe has proven he can score the ball, now he he needs to play more of a team game."

Lets be real here. He can pass, he chooses not to. That's his game. He's volume scorer.

It's not a knock, that is his game.
It's like saying, "LeBron can only score around the basket." Well, yeah. His jumper is "eh", so he chooses to try and get his points around the basket.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:52 pm

It is a low number I agree but I think it's easily explained, not like Kobe's ability to pass before injuries was ever in question the numbers are up there with any non PG ever.

Especially one who is expected to score too. As a comparisons sake what is MJs? I bet it's a lot lower than people expect.

As I said triple doubles are more a show of what's around you and what they can accomplish. If you have a dominant rebounder or a great distributer who commands the ball triple doubles are less likely to happen.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:02 pm

You are right MJ got 28. pretty low.

Though I don't know what a good total for triple doubles is. It could be that 20 is good Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:06 pm

Come on now.

In comparison with MJ, he has 30 (not counting the all-star game). But, when you are shooting at 50% or higher (like MJ was doing), that means you are making more than you are missing, so you are inclined to shoot more because you're getting it done efficiently.

Kobe settles for long contested 2's and tough angle shots. There's no surprise he doesn't get the rebounds as he's always so far away from the basket with the low % shots he takes. When you are inefficient, like Kobe, you would think that he would focus on another aspect of his game if he's chucking the air out of the ball, but he doesn't.

He needs those 28 shots to get his 30pts.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:10 pm

izzy Proud
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:11 pm

I was just saying MJ because that's the player Kobe modeled himself on. Not to compare them in terms of efficiency.

I was interested to see his amount of triple doubles he had too and I'm not that surprised because of the personnel around him.

Anyway McAgger here's a list

http://www.sportscity.com/nba/records/all-time-triple-doubles/
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:15 pm

I guess 20 isn't as horrible as I thought.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:16 pm

You guys should read Phil Jackson's books;

The Last season and 11 Rings.

They highlight all this stuff. I'm sure all the quotes are online anyway.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:18 pm

I have seen a lot of the quotes on the Internet floating about but not actually bothered with the book in its entirety.

Might just do that tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:24 pm

When you find out some of the stuff Shaq, Kobe and MJ got up to....... Ridiculous.

I think it even talks about the Horace Grant feud in 1992. That was funny. Laughing
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:26 pm

Are you talking about his jealousy for Pippen?
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:30 pm

Yep.

He had jealousy for both Jordan and Pippen.
When Jordan left and Pippen got the shine and the money....... well, we all know what happened next. Laughing
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:40 pm

KD is back tonight.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:59 pm

Good stuff, hopefully he comes back without any repercussions.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:17 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Good stuff, hopefully he comes back without any repercussions.

Hopefully.

We are also about to find out how much of a scrub Brooks truly is.
If OKC go back to their usual disgraceful offensive schemes..... fire that man.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:36 pm

Couldn't care less about triple doubles tbh. Lance stephenson wrestling his Centers in order to get rebounds is one of the worst sights in basketball. Also a shooting guard isn't a guy to stuff the stat sheet in other things than points, and the complimentary 5/5 rebounds and assists.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:39 pm

I dont even agree that triple doubles means you have a more complete game.

Thats not true either.

Magic wasnt a great shooter or defender..no way was his game more complete than someone like Jordan, or even Kobe who can do anything...just choose not to because they are so dominant at one particular thing.

Overall, f stats, dont mean anything.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:41 pm

The Franchise wrote:I dont even agree that triple doubles means you have a more complete game.

Thats not true either.

Magic wasnt a great shooter or defender..no way was his game more complete than someone like Jordan, or even Kobe who can do anything...just choose not to because they are so dominant at one particular thing.

Overall, f stats, dont mean anything.

Please don't write that last line. You're basically inviting Harmonica into this thread.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:46 pm

I think id have to change the title to include Messi's name first.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:47 pm

Also Durant back tonight. OKC should def get a playoff spot now. He's back way sooner than expected.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next