Doc
izzy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
VivaStPauli
Hapless_Hans
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

spielverlagerung's damning rant against English football - Page 2 Empty Re: spielverlagerung's damning rant against English football

Post by zigra Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:53 pm

That's quite ignorant though.
Stats are hardly useless. Only problem is that people think stats are easy. Like couting goals+assists (whoever decided a goal is worth as much as an assist btw?) and calling the guy who tops the list the best player in the world. Obviously it doesn't work that way.

Stats are good. But interpreting them is an awful lot of work and very difficult. There's a reason why people who studied maths or stats get paid that well :coffee:

zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

spielverlagerung's damning rant against English football - Page 2 Empty Re: spielverlagerung's damning rant against English football

Post by chad4401 Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:08 pm

i swear i don't see what so good about epl, pace, hoofball, overhyped clubs,managers and marketing that says anything happening in the prem>another league crap, just to get outplayed and only look decent parking it in the cl, dat best league Proud
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:01 pm

Spielverlagerung vs Goallegacy
Who's better at jinxing? Suspect
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:10 pm

zigra wrote:Spielverlagerung vs Goallegacy
Who's better at jinxing? Suspect

spielverlagerung.

For they know not what they do, so it has full impact.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:17 pm

Yeah you're right.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Pip Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:47 pm

Man City 3-2 Bayern
Schalke 0-5 Chelsea
Arsenal 2-0 Dortmund
Leverkusen 0-1 Monaco

Pip
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:59 pm

Pippo wrote:Man City 3-2 Bayern (Bayern ALREADY Qualified
Schalke 0-5 Chelsea
Arsenal 2-0 Dortmund (Dortmund ALREADY Qualified)
Leverkusen 0-1 Monaco (Leverkusen ALREADY Qualified)

Excuse me...... allow me to add some perspective......

:coffee:
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:24 pm

chad4401 wrote:i swear i don't see what so good about epl, pace, hoofball, overhyped clubs,managers and marketing that says anything happening in the prem>another league crap, just to get outplayed and only look decent parking it in the cl, dat best league Proud

Who cares? There's 20 teams not 3 or 4. Anyway the only team from England who parks when necessary is Chelsea and they are pretty damn good at it.

As for the other 3 teams they have been crap in the PL this year too, hell we are above 2 of them Laughing

Again though who cares if you weren't so obsessed with comparing leagues and finding faults in them, as well as getting angry at other people's opinion you would realise all of the major ones are pretty damn good.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:36 pm

izzy wrote:
Schalke 0-5 Chelsea

To add even more perspective, Schalke are kind of shit.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:53 pm

Pippo wrote:Man City 3-2 Bayern
Schalke 0-5 Chelsea
Arsenal 2-0 Dortmund
Leverkusen 0-1 Monaco

Really reaching for straws here aren't we buddy? How about you sit the next couple of plays out.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:56 pm

That being said, the entire article is about how EPL teams cannot defend and I see three clean sheets there...
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:06 pm

Not a single win for Bundesliga teams this week. Sad

Heck, not even a draw. Sad

Deserves another Sad

one more... Sad

Sad pirat
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:13 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:That being said, the entire article is about how EPL teams cannot defend and I see three clean sheets there...

Suspect

Don't you mean two?
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:42 pm

Also, the entire article is about how the English press hammering on about how English teams supposedly can't defend is missing the point, so I guess that's one more person who didn't read the article.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:07 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Also, the entire article is about how the English press hammering on about how English teams supposedly can't defend is missing the point, so I guess that's one more person who didn't read the article.
I'll readily admit I stopped reading about 1/3 of the way. A little bit too high and mighty for me.
izzy wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:That being said, the entire article is about how EPL teams cannot defend and I see three clean sheets there...

Suspect

Don't you mean two?
Chelsea, Monaco and Arsenal clean sheets, what do you mean?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:19 pm

you should've added " :coffee: " at the end to make the sarcasm more obvious .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:20 pm

Since when did Monaco leave Ligue 1 and joined the PL? hmm

(Not that the French clubs probably wouldn't mind with Monaco not having to pay any taxes)
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:13 pm

oh come off it mole, tired of hearing the nonsense that epl scrubs>other league scrubs, no one knows that, just because epl scrubs got more money doesn't mean they>footy wise, a lot of bottom la liga sides would pass circles around half the teams in the prem, also the top teams are under-performing or just being mediocre, doesn't make the league the strongest or best or most competitive, fergie won the league plenty of times with past it players ffs, epl is overhyped from top to bottom
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Pip Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:02 am

izzy wrote:
Schalke 0-5 Chelsea

Just because they were already qualified doesn't mean they didn't try. It would have been more logical for spielverlagerung to mock English football after the matchday ended, don't you think?

Pip
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:56 am

If they would have done that, the jinx wouldn't have taken hold and the German teams would have won. It's all spielverlagerung's fault! :coffee:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:11 am

Pippo wrote:
izzy wrote:
Schalke 0-5 Chelsea

Just because they were already qualified doesn't mean they didn't try. It would have been more logical for spielverlagerung to mock English football after the matchday ended, don't you think?

First of all, the article on spielverlagerung is not a 'mockery' of English football based on short-term weekly results, but meant as an analysis of its general state.
The article was posted on the German site a couple of weeks ago, and only now got translated.

Secondly, while you can gather from my opening post that I don't really appreciate the wholesale dismissal and hopelessly snobbish attitude at work in the article, the article still deals with basic structures and general developments.
So whether you agree with the analysis or not, these issues are what should be debated in this thread.

Because frankly, as an argument, your posting of recent matchday results is as convincing and relevant as claiming there is no climate change because is was really, really cold outside the other week.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:37 am

Pippo wrote:Just because they were already qualified doesn't mean they didn't try. It would have been more logical for spielverlagerung to mock English football after the matchday ended, don't you think?

Excuse me Pippo,

1. You tried to post the scores and ignore the context, which is very important in this case. 3 of those teams have ALREADY qualified. There is really nothing for them get all worked up for or play with a sense of urgency or desperation. They've done their jobs with games to spare.

2. The article isn't even a mockery of English football, but if it was, it would have even solidified the articles point, by the fact that 3 of the Bundesliga Clubs had already qualified before kicking a ball on Matchday 5, while 2 EPL are fighting for their lives and 1 secured qualification tonight.

So just stop it. It makes no sense.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:25 am

anything to make english teams look brilliant, so many brainwashed by marketing Laughing, good old "the pace and power of the prem is unique blah blah", just to park it against proper footballing teams outside the prem or risk getting hammered Proud
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:46 am

Yeah because Liverpool, Arsenal and City park it :facepalm:

Anyway the Spanish champions parked it to a CL final and were seconds away from winning it.

Stop the obsession it's embarrassing.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Pip Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:51 am

You two are definitely right, but I just find that entire website and their entire writing staff to be prententious know-it-all dickheads. They called Gary Neville's analysis "inappropriate" and said that there is a "fear of a new generation of intelligent analysts". Laughing

Pip
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by 1991 Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:24 am

Are we cool taking back the ‘Greatest League In Europe’ title from these gassed Germans now?  Bundesliga is EPL-lite that isn't respected or cared about globally, deal with it krouts. The Premier League is the best. We play more games, with higher intensity and we have better players, and better teams overall, bottom line.

Also hilarious how EPL spending power gets continentals panties in a twist. Wasn't saying crap when La Liga scrubs were breaking world records for Denilson Laughing

People need to get over slagging the Premier League.
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next