Jonathan28
LeVersacci
M99
40 posters

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Games Discussion - Page 10 Empty Re: General Games Discussion

Post by Dante Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:45 am

Reading the latest posts on Shadow of Mordor.. I complained heavily on how ridiculously easy it was . I tried to make it difficult for myself and i only managed to get more OP , honestly , i haven't experienced this in a game before Laughing

I like the concept and world obvs , i like the animations and the hunting of orcs , yet it's ridiculously easy . And the Batman AI , at the very least when you were to sneak in places , or certain bosses , weren't that ridiculously  stupid. Not by any stretch of the imagination . In SOM even the last boss if you take more than 2 retries something is seriously wrong , best i can say you were bored with the game by then.

Other things like picking thugs in the Batman games , yeah , ok , AI wasn't good . But imo it doesn't even compare to SOM. I said it in the other thread ; no matter if a million is there to kill you , only 2 orcs will attack . The others just scream . You can sustain yourself and one can literaly continue as long as they like , the thing is , unlike with Batman , you won't even get a glimpse of that excitement of managing a combo over 100x , you'll be bored by then. The combat system in Batman is much harder than this . You actually have to be responsive and it only gets better and more fun , never the opposite .

Copying and combining elements is one thing . Doing it poorly is what this game did , most of them at least.This game was all fancy prancy eye candy there for the taking , but it's so unashamedly forgiving with it's combo-system and AI and Talion being so laughably OP that puts you out of immersion , lore , excitement when you actually play..the animations get old pretty fast even though they remain great. In the end it's EASY , to the point it's not fun anymore , even the fun stuff soon change into show off , you're not left with anything else.. I get you don't play such games for a challenge , but ffs , at least make me try , not remember to hit execution after every 3 secs .

I've reconsedered since i played tbh , this game is over rated . It's GOTY for renting , that's what it is. That's not a game that you will spend more than a week at most, there's no challenge in it , you just want to see what happens and you bore yourself on the way. Golum missions and all the cut scenes is what i enjoyed the most and i especially waited for this game , had high expectations tbh. All the rest became repeatitive and 'lesser' by the end . I'd give it a 6.5 / 10 , despite criticism , it's not really a bad game. But it has major flaws despite it's right ideas in many cases , the execution of it all prevents it from being something trully big.

Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:47 am

Thimmy wrote:Bought and downloaded Transistor yesterday. I've only just started playing it, but I'm genuinely interested to learn more about Red, the other characters, and the world that they live in. The atmosphere of the game actually reminds me of Final Fantasy 7. I should've picked it up sooner.

When I loaded it up I was so happy it was as good as it was - they set the bar at skyscraper levels with Bastion and Supegiant delivered once again with Transistor.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:18 pm

Thimmy wrote:Bought and downloaded Transistor yesterday. I've only just started playing it, but I'm genuinely interested to learn more about Red, the other characters, and the world that they live in. The atmosphere of the game actually reminds me of Final Fantasy 7. I should've picked it up sooner.

new game plus is also very good and worth 2nd play through at least
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:35 pm

Dante wrote:Reading the latest posts on Shadow of Mordor.. I complained heavily on how ridiculously easy it was . I tried to make it difficult for myself and i only managed to get more OP , honestly , i haven't experienced this in a game before Laughing

I like the concept and world obvs , i like the animations and the hunting of orcs , yet it's ridiculously easy . And the Batman AI , at the very least when you were to sneak in places , or certain bosses , weren't that ridiculously  stupid. Not by any stretch of the imagination . In SOM even the last boss if you take more than 2 retries something is seriously wrong , best i can say you were bored with the game by then.

Other things like picking thugs in the Batman games , yeah , ok , AI wasn't good . But imo it doesn't even compare to SOM. I said it in the other thread ; no matter if a million is there to kill you , only 2 orcs will attack . The others just scream . You can sustain yourself and one can literaly continue as long as they like , the thing is , unlike with Batman , you won't even get a glimpse of that excitement of managing a combo over 100x , you'll be bored by then. The combat system in Batman is much harder than this . You actually have to be responsive and it only gets better and more fun , never the opposite .

Copying and combining elements is one thing . Doing it poorly is what this game did , most of them at least.This game was all fancy prancy eye candy there for the taking , but it's so unashamedly forgiving with it's combo-system and AI and Talion being so laughably OP that puts you out of immersion , lore , excitement when you actually play..the animations get old pretty fast even though they remain great. In the end it's EASY , to the point it's not fun anymore , even the fun stuff soon change into show off , you're not left with anything else.. I get you don't play such games for a challenge , but ffs , at least make me try , not remember to hit execution after every 3 secs .

I've reconsedered since i played tbh , this game is over rated . It's GOTY for renting , that's what it is. That's not a game that you will spend more than a week at most, there's no challenge in it , you just want to see what happens and you bore yourself on the way. Golum missions and all the cut scenes is what i enjoyed the most and i especially waited for this game , had high expectations tbh. All the rest became repeatitive and 'lesser' by the end . I'd give it a 6.5 / 10 , despite criticism , it's not really a bad game. But it has major flaws despite it's right ideas in many cases , the execution of it all prevents it from being something trully big.

I think most people rate it because it's a simple fun and since it's movie licensed game ( sorta) the expectation is super low. I never care about story or characters, just stab orc in the faces. Believe me, by this time next year, no one would mention it. I myself couldn't drag through it, god damn it's so plain, AC Unity level design is more ambitious. I have similar feeling, watching Hobbit movies. It's unnecessarily repetitive, everything's dragged out to bore me to death.

You just played Dark Souls 2 so yeah this game is poop compared to that, just wait for Bloodbourne I suppose.

Also just finished Dragon Age: Inquisition, solid rpg albeit stuplid and pointless side quests. Bioware once again though missed a big opportunity on really incorporate real tough/ matter of life & death choice into the game. This illusion of choice gave hilariously unsatisfied pay off. I hope they could improve on it.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:15 pm

Twoism wrote:
Dante wrote:Reading the latest posts on Shadow of Mordor.. I complained heavily on how ridiculously easy it was . I tried to make it difficult for myself and i only managed to get more OP , honestly , i haven't experienced this in a game before Laughing

I think most people rate it because it's a simple fun and since it's movie licensed game ( sorta) the expectation is super low. I never care about story or characters, just stab orc in the faces. Believe me, by this time next year, no one would mention it. I myself couldn't drag through it, god damn it's so plain, AC Unity level design is more ambitious. I have similar feeling, watching Hobbit movies. It's unnecessarily repetitive, everything's dragged out to bore me to death.

You just played Dark Souls 2 so yeah this game is poop compared to that, just wait for Bloodbourne I suppose.

Also just finished Dragon Age: Inquisition, solid rpg albeit stuplid and pointless side quests. Bioware once again though missed a big opportunity on really incorporate real tough/ matter of life & death choice into the game. This illusion of choice gave hilariously unsatisfied pay off. I hope they could improve on it.

I agree . I played SOM a while back , when it first came out . I played Dark Souls 2 at the same time yes , but in any case , i wasn't affected tbh . You can tell when a game is made for you to have an easy time. It's not like DS2 made it easier for me , i've played countless hours of stealth games , Arkham games , AC games.... this game has everything i always play , just 10 times easier that i am used to. DS2 was a challenge , SOM was farming orcs to see how the story ends for me. It stopped being exciting quite too soon. And i was really put off by how OP Talion-Celebrimbor was , really out of lore , put me out of immersion. This game ridicules what Mordor is supposed to be and being a little puritant here , it ridicules the essence of LOTR , a little.. If one guard and one dead elf could do such destruction in Mordor , LOTR is a parody in itself lol. But anyway , for a weekend it should be a fun rent game , no more .

_

As for Dragon Age Inquisition . I was never a fan of the series . I decide to try Inquisition , i torrent it to see what the fuss is all about . Wait 2 hours(2 hours exactly) to install it , because torrented game ; spend another hour to creat my character ; get in to play .

Camera doesn't move if you don't hold right click in said direction. Checks for alternative controls , doesn't exist. Exits and deletes the game. How much sense does anyone need , to make the camera free in a 2014 game? I mean , take Skyrim for example. Why be different when it's absolutely perfect? In fact scratch Skyrim , how many games have that ?It ain't an innovation either .

DAI you must hold right click to move the camera wherever you want it. Thanks but no DAI for me , irregardless of anything else. How the camera moves and all is a deal breaker for me. All the best games have this , you move the mouse there >> camera moves there . It is that simple , it doesn't need to be anything else , it doesn't get better than that . Not sure what the reason is , but it's freaking ridiculous this thing exists in a game like this today and i can't even change that through settings .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:41 pm

Phritz wrote:

When I loaded it up I was so happy it was as good as it was - they set the bar at skyscraper levels with Bastion and Supegiant delivered once again with Transistor.

Yeah, I was really positively surprised when I started playing it. There seems to be a trend in these audio-visual indie games these days, and I'm loving it. I'll definitely purchase Bastion for my laptop soon, unless it becomes available on PS4 in the near future.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:37 pm

Personally, I dont like games that have a predetermined characthers/weapons/stories that you have to use. For example, games like Witcher are amazing but I dont like having to play a certain character, I prefer to create my own guy with his own style. That was one of the turn offs for me o n Shadow of Mordor. I really wish the game was more Skyrim/Inquisition where you had a preset world, lore, and story where you create your own character and make your own path. Also really didnt see Shadow of Mordor lasting me a long time.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:25 am

RealGunner wrote:Bob: "The way you talk, the way you carry yourself, you a FC4 player?"

Mole: "nah mate, playing plants vs Zombie on my Wii U at 240p in glorious SD"

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I find it disrespectful that you would think I would buy that Zombie U crap :coffee:

http://images.wikia.com/spongebob/images/3/37/3weeks.jpg

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote: Plants vs Zombies is really fun.

There's like a horde/zombies mode where as the plants you protect your garden from waves of Zombies. There's like special abilities as well as ability to put down flower based turrets and fences lol.

Boss Waves as well, I ended up fighting a load of giant yeti zombies Laughing

Molenation
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:50 am

It was free and on PS4 hmm

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:59 am

M99 rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:10 pm

^^^
Wait until he discoveres Garden Warfare Laughing

Pedram wrote:Surprised Dragon Age Inquisition is not getting much attention here despite getting good reviews and winning lots of GOTY awards.

The game is broken to me because I just can't stand Bioware's animation technology anymore; it was doable in the Mass Effect series but DA:I was released in the end of 2014 and to me it's unacceptable. Like Dante I also thought the control scheme, especially camera-wise was absurd.

Juveman17 wrote:Personally, I dont like games that have a predetermined characthers/weapons/stories that you have to use. For example, games like Witcher are amazing but I dont like having to play a certain character, I prefer to create my own guy with his own style. That was one of the turn offs for me o n Shadow of Mordor. I really wish the game was more Skyrim/Inquisition where you had a preset world, lore, and story where you create your own character and make your own path. Also really didnt see Shadow of Mordor lasting me a long time.

That's because SoM is a hack and slash with RPG elements and DA:I an RPG and Skyrim an ORPG. It's like complaining that CoD has no swordplay :3

https://twitter.com/Dinnerbone/status/553555039701463040
https://twitter.com/Dinnerbone/status/553556703992889345

"We finally have the capability to see how many people are currently playing Minecraft right now... There are currently over 998,000 people playing Minecraft right at this moment. It is not even remotely close to being a peak time."

This pretty much means that most played [online] games on PC =

1. League of Legends (by an outrageous margin)
2. Minecraft
3. World of Warcraft
4. DOTA 2
5. Counterstrike GO

Making the 2 most played online games on PC indie games!
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:21 pm

Phritz wrote:It's like complaining that CoD has no swordplay :3

I'll quote you on that when Treyfinityhammer reveal their new and revolutionary feature, "ultra fast akimbo laser swords" in Call of Duty 15, Super Complicated Future Star Ops ALIEN EDITION Laughing
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:24 pm

Phritz wrote:^^^
Wait until he discoveres Garden Warfare Laughing

I was talking about Garden Warfare, whole of GL thinks I'm talking about some Mobile game lol?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:58 pm

I remember you making fun of Garden Warfare in E3 2013 thread hmm
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:02 pm

I did initially but gave it a chance because was free and was really fun.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:07 pm

Zombi U is an ok game honestly
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:16 am

Just replayed Bioshock Infinite and gawd, that ending is as shit as ever. It's the dumbest explanation of the
Spoiler:
that I've ever seen, and boy, have I seen some dumb explanations, most notably from my
Spoiler:
lecturer, who thought he was way cleverer than he actually is Laughing. I was not surprised to hear that he got sacked from my University.

Anyway, Ken Levine clearly had no idea just what the *bleep* he was talking about.

The vast majority of people who played the game know *bleep* all about
Spoiler:
though, so it's no surprise so many lapped up that piece of shit ending, which was somehow made even worse by the Burial At Sea DLC. rofl

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Doubt there will be another one tbh, the developers in question have left and made their own studio.

Even if there is another one it will probably be shit.

There will be another game and no, it won't be shit. The best game in the series happens to be the one which had nothing to do with Ken Levine.

Last edited by Jonathan28 on Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:58 am; edited 3 times in total
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:19 am

And people call me a hipster lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:48 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:And people call me a hipster lol.

What? Calling out a writers blatant lack of knowledge in a branch of physics which he has based his entire games story around makes me a hipster now?

Come on now son. If you're going to base your games entire story around a certain theory or particular themes, it's best to actually have some decent understanding of it first , so that your story doesn't turn into a complete cluster*bleep* where no one knows what the hell is going on.

It reminded me of Mass Effect 3's ending, where Bioware copy/pasted the choices straight out of Deus Ex, but didn't give the detailed amount of exposition that Deus Ex gave nor was there any set up for those ending choices at all.

It was like they played Deus Ex the night before, thought to themselves how cool the ending was, then said "Hey, let's make this our games ending", and then voila, we get that turd.

The explanation they gave for the
Spoiler:
especially grates me the most, because it seems like they either had no idea how to explain it, or they vastly underestimated the intelligence of their players(I can't really blame them much for doing this tbh, gamers are stupid)  and dumbed down the dialogue in order for them to easier understand the entire concept.

The problem is that this lead to stupid shit like "organic energy" and "new DNA" being spouted, which lead to multiple groans and facepalms occurring across the globe.

I mean seriously, look at the way Deus Ex and Mass Effect each explain their version of
Spoiler:
, and come and tell me with a straight face that the Mass Effect writers weren't out of their league.

Start at 4:41 in the Mass Effect vid.

Deus Ex:Invisible War get's a lot of grief, but bah gawd JC Denton was a complete badass in it.

Last edited by Jonathan28 on Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:54 am

Anyone play/played ESO?
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:58 am

I went back and added some spoiler quotes to my first post since I realised not everyone has played the game yet.

Apologies if I spoiled you.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:15 am

If you disliked Infinite so much then why bother to play and finish it again Rolling Eyes

And ffs it's a bloody game Laughing Who cares the got the physics wrong Laughing
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:02 am

The ending is fine for me and nothing like Mass Effect 3. ME3 had 2 games to build up and every Bioware devs and their mothers promised an impactful endings with real consequence which we never got. We felt cheated as like none of my choices after 150 hours of playing matters, same problem with DA:I. Infinite is different, people forget it's the game in the freaking sky with a dude could shoot guns and cast fireball to kill robots. It's 100% fantasy so the ending does enough on technical and emotional level for me. It's not Stephan Hawking quiz of the day game.

If any of u ever played Indigo Prophecy and Drakengard, u would know what a truly WTF endings trally are. Infinite ending is fine, it's other aspects that is not.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 am

Indigo Prophecy ffs. The game started of so well but became a huge clusterfck in the closing stages. That end of the world BS was so lame.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:36 am

M99 wrote:If you disliked Infinite so much then why bother to play and finish it again Rolling Eyes

And ffs it's a bloody game Laughing Who cares the got the physics wrong Laughing

This lol.

Besides I wasn't calling you a hipster for disliking the story, I was calling you a hipster for calling Bioshock 2 the best Bioshock.

That's the equivalent of saying Ghosts is the best COD.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:03 am

M99 wrote:Indigo Prophecy ffs. The game started of so well but became a huge clusterfck in the closing stages. That end of the world BS was so lame.

I'm convinced the devs took bad batch of acid in the middle of writing and as a result we got that ending equivalent to Yellow Submarine.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next