Great Leader Sprucenuce
Robespierre
Lex
RealGunner
urbaNRoots
44 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Breaking News: Gerrard to leave Liverpool in the Summer - Page 6 Empty Re: Breaking News: Gerrard to leave Liverpool in the Summer

Post by Art Morte Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:19 pm

What a time for Gerrard to score twice, to score our only goals in this FA cup game. *sigh*

We didn't do enough to keep him. I made my argument in the Liverpool section keeping him for his leadership, reputation and charisma, but just now he has even gone and single-handedly gotten us through to the next round.

We simply didn't do enough to keep him.

Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Breaking News: Gerrard to leave Liverpool in the Summer - Page 6 Empty Re: Breaking News: Gerrard to leave Liverpool in the Summer

Post by Curtinho Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:43 am

We simply didn't do enough to keep him? The only thing that would keep him with us is being a full time starter -- he explicitly stated this that the biggest and main reason for leaving Liverpool is because he was informed he would have a reduced role moving forward and he wasn't ready for that.

Are we really using a game against a League 2 team to say that he should be playing as a starter for us at this point? Come on. The team just wasn't in it and Gerrard scored some really timely goals, but he needed to be a bench leader and impact sub for us moving forward, but he isn't ready to do that. It's that simple.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:25 am

Don't call me James wrote:Hendo is amazing off the ball but he's way too meh on the ball for my liking to be able to shoulder any sort of creative responsibility in midfield. And I don't see Henderson changing to a world class technician overnight. So yeah I would love a Kovacic or someone similarly creative to come into our midfield.

Well he's going to have to start. We're not going to get rid of him, and he's one of the first names on the team sheet.

At above, "chances created" stat is the most useless stat in football. It's stats like those that try to show Downing was a "success" at Liverpool. Passing the ball to someone, for them to shoot randomly is hardly an indication of how creative a player is ffs.

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:24 am

At the end of the season I'm expecting a speech like this:

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:35 pm

Proud rofl
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:46 pm

Classy.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:59 pm

From Alex Shaw[ESPN]

Breaking News: Gerrard to leave Liverpool in the Summer - Page 6 COyLWOMWoAAj8Eu

Last paragraph lol
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:10 pm

SAF you goat Proud Molenation
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:11 pm

Master of mind games lol, such a myth.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:04 pm

Gerrard is a *bleep* idiot. Pisses me off reading that. He's never been the brightest guy, lucky that he was good at football, because he wouldn't have amounted to much in his life being as thick as he is.

I know he's trying to sell his book so these controversial comments are there for that but if it is true and even he was joining the 'vs Rafa' brigade than that's all I need to know as to how tough it was on Benitez during that 2008-2010 era. No wonder we didn't win the title, our *bleep* captain was already turning against our manager. Gerrard embarrassed himself plenty during that time when only Rafa was fighting for the club against G&H and Stevie and Carra sat on their asses and backed the *bleep* Yanks and Woy to kick out Rafa.

Look at the state of the club in the 6 years since Rafa's been gone. Total shit and chaos.

And Rafa made Gerrard. Before him and after Rafa Stevie is just a overhyped English superstar chocker who has chocked when it mattered.

God it pissed me off so much, I don't even know why I care Laughing I'm sure Rafa doesn't give two shits about these comments.

And SAF master of mind games rofl
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:17 pm

rofl
Would buy that book if the rest is as goat Proud
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:41 pm

Don't call me James wrote:Gerrard is a *bleep* idiot. Pisses me off reading that. He's never been the brightest guy, lucky that he was good at football, because he wouldn't have amounted to much in his life being as thick as he is.

I know he's trying to sell his book so these controversial comments are there for that but if it is true and even he was joining the 'vs Rafa' brigade than that's all I need to know as to how tough it was on Benitez during that 2008-2010 era. No wonder we didn't win the title, our *bleep* captain was already turning against our manager. Gerrard embarrassed himself plenty during that time when only Rafa was fighting for the club against G&H and Stevie and Carra sat on their asses and backed the *bleep* Yanks and Woy to kick out Rafa.

Look at the state of the club in the 6 years since Rafa's been gone. Total shit and chaos.

And Rafa made Gerrard. Before him and after Rafa Stevie is just a overhyped English superstar chocker who has chocked when it mattered.

God it pissed me off so much, I don't even know why I care Laughing I'm sure Rafa doesn't give two shits about these comments.

Indeed. If mr Captain didn't get himself arrested on the eve of Christmas for a DJ not playing Phil Collins, maybe the team's focus wouldn't have been broken and Rafa didn't have to bring up with facts to deflect attention from Gerrard potentially going behind the bars.

Gerrard is not bright at all. It's well known he wanted Alan Curbishley to become manager in 2004 and was disappointed with Benitez appointment. All he wants is being told how important he is, with hands around the shoulder....He is all emotions.

I struggle to take him seriously after he talks up Hodgson and said he wished Rodgers was his manager earlier on, so he could be talking about all the trophies he could have won with BR in charge in his prime Laughing

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:53 pm

Don't call me James wrote:Gerrard is a *bleep* idiot. Pisses me off reading that. He's never been the brightest guy, lucky that he was good at football, because he wouldn't have amounted to much in his life being as thick as he is.

ffs Proud

its what we've all known for years
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:55 am

http://i.4cdn.org/v/1442080415708.jpg
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:01 am

Are you serious? rofl rofl rofl

Gerrard and Benitez NEVER got along at a social level. EVER. That was clear as day. Benitez doesn't get along with ANYBODY at a social level. Torres bitches about him in his book too... all Rafa is interested in is football; he has no interest in holding his arm around players and that's probably why he hasn't achieved as much as Mourinho. He's not a very good man manager.

If you read ALL of the comments he says about Rafa....... he says is the best manager he's ever played for. And has great admiration of him. He's not on the "vs Rafa" brigade, he's just sooking about Rafa not being close as he would of liked to be. And of course that's all the media has blown up.

"Rafa made Gerrard" rofl rofl rofl ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

There is no doubt Gerrard improved / learned a lot from Rafa but that's like saying Messi was a nobody before Pep. You're talking shit. As you normally do. Gerrard was rated as one of the best midfielders in England before Benitez stepped foot into the country. But yeah, I guess he was a "overhyped English chocker" you absolute fool. Benitez started to work with Gerrard once he pretty much overcame ALL his injury problems as a kid and was starting to mature. Again, there is no doubt Benitez got the best out of him and made him one of the best midfielders in Europe but he was ALWAYS, ALWAYS going to succeed.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:34 am

Reading through the extracts of his bio got me rofl

Might be tempted to buy it.

RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:42 am

Red Alert wrote:

Benitez doesn't get along with ANYBODY at a social level. Torres bitches about him in his book too... all Rafa is interested in is football; he has no interest in holding his arm around players and that's probably why he hasn't achieved as much as Mourinho. He's not a very good man manager.  

Didn't Carragher say similar things in past too ? or the same Gerrard?

Anyway spot on . It is enough known this about Benitez. Not really surprised about these words tbh
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:55 am

Anf Rafa's response ?
Rafa on Gerrard's quotes on him in his new book: "I have read the quotes and I believe he is wrong."
Rafa: "Out of the respect that I have for Stevie and for Liverpool and the supporters, I think it's best to just let it pass."

Now that's a man with dignity and class compared to a sensationalist who wants to sell a book.

I'd go to war for Rafa....I wouldn't even do Gerrard's laundry.

Rafa >>>> Gerrard.

Sort yourself out Gerrard you sell out. Just because a manager doesn't suck your balls and bow down to your instructions, you have a dig at them. No wonder you big up BR and Hodgson in your book....All you need is someone to caress your ego, and not someone who actually tells a spade.

Rafa...what a heartless, unemotional person he is ...

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:41 am

Sepi I have literally the exact same feelings about the situation. Would side with Rafa over Stevie any day of the week and twice on Sundays.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:25 am

Clowns. rofl
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:49 pm

You can tell this has been simmering for nearly a decade now Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:16 pm

It took this book for the majority of Liverpool fans to wake up and finally see Stevie Me's true colours.

United fans and Evertonians have been trying to bring you to the light for years and years.

Better late than never, I guess. Proud
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:39 am

What is wrong with this guy lately? He's badmouthing everyone he's ever worked with. Extremely unprofessional from someone like him. Balotelli has what Gerard can never have- a PL title. For the amount of praise heaped on him, its astonishing he barely won anything. If it wasn't for us gifting them the cup in 05 he'd be viewed very differently today
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:46 am

Not really, I dislike him as much as the next guy but winning is a team thing.

Also barely won anything is harsh, at club level he won everything but the league.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:41 pm

Steven Gerrard linked with MK Dons managerial vacancy - Sky sources

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11759/10660903/steven-gerrard-linked-with-mk-dons-managerial-vacancy-sky-sources
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:08 pm

bad move for him if he takes that job imo
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next