Great Leader Sprucenuce
Robespierre
Lex
RealGunner
urbaNRoots
44 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Breaking News: Gerrard to leave Liverpool in the Summer - Page 3 Empty Re: Breaking News: Gerrard to leave Liverpool in the Summer

Post by Curtinho Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:21 pm

chad4401 wrote:gerrard should have left pool when he had the chance, did all he could for them and wasted a lot of his prime years, got a CL at least but it clear he really wanted a league win, chelsea would have guaranteed that and he could then return to pool afterwards.

I have more respect for a player that tried to do it the hard way, and wanted to actually use his own talent to try and carry a team forward than just join a team that is already head and shoulders above the rest.

Truth be told his accomplishments mean so much more playing for a team that never had the money or drawing power of the other bigger teams in England (and in Europe) around him during his career. That CL win will forever be legendary and something he can carry with pride, PL title or not.

Although I will forever feel gutted for him the way his PL title run ended. I think it mentally crippled him in a small way. He just hasn't looked in it since.

Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Breaking News: Gerrard to leave Liverpool in the Summer - Page 3 Empty Re: Breaking News: Gerrard to leave Liverpool in the Summer

Post by Robespierre Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:25 pm

yes he did same thing than Totti

but anyway the winning a Scudetto ( Totti 2001 ) or a Chamopions League ( Gerrard 2005 )  with your club , that club always supported since childhood ,  the club of your city  , the club that  "tattooed " on  skin  nd heart, expecially if this historic victory  was difficult to do it , a rel event (  it is always difficult to win a scudetto in Roma, it's happened only 3 times in 90 years, not comparable to Juve,Milan or Inter .  And Liverpool was not in his prime period in 2005, it was not as winning this in 70's or 80s) , is much more special than winning many titles wih other clubs.
Basically I believe Gerrard hasn't the regret to not be joined to Chelsea or Bayern , I think he feels to have made the right choice, his only great regret will be the last bottled Premier League with Liverpool

Last edited by Robespierre on Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:25 pm

People have short memories. This is the same Gerrard that wanted to leave before Pool won the CL in 05. Reminds me off United fans that worship CR even after his disgusting behaviour to force a move. Anyone that says that he is Liverpool's greatest ever player knows nothing about Liverpool.

Jack of all trades, Master of none is what comes to mind when talking about him.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:30 pm

If he had a penis, He would probably be a male etc etc etc
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:32 pm

Nishy wrote:If he had a penis, He would probably be a male etc etc etc

The word Loyalty is thrown out too much. He said he wanted to leave lol. Congrats to him for staying. I gave my opinion on him. Nothing more, nothing less.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:44 pm

jibers wrote:
Nishy wrote:If he had a penis, He would probably be a male etc etc etc

The word Loyalty is thrown out too much. He said he wanted to leave lol. Congrats to him for staying. I gave my opinion on him. Nothing more, nothing less.

I'm club our club legends don't go out backstabbing their own brother and shagging their missus for 8 years at least.

10 times of a human being than the "Man United" club symbol will ever be.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:44 pm

jibers wrote:People have short memories. This is the same Gerrard that wanted to leave before Pool won the CL in 05. Reminds me off United fans that worship CR even after his disgusting behaviour to force a move. Anyone that says that he is Liverpool's greatest ever player knows nothing about Liverpool.

Jack of all trades, Master of none is what comes to mind when talking about him.

[unnecessary insult deleted - rwo]. Gerrard never wanted to leave it was a breakdown in communication between his agent and Liverpool management.

"I fully intended to sign a new contract after the Champions League final, but the events of the past five to six weeks have changed all that.

"I have too much respect for the club and people at it to get involved in a slagging match.

Gerrard has always been, and will always be, Liverpool. There was a lot going on behind the scenes that none of us were privy to. It's like when Alonso left because of Rafa pushing him out. It had nothing to do with him wanting to leave so much as not feeling wanted/needed and disrespected by the club.

But yeah, please get more United fans to come tell us that we (and everyone else) know nothing about Liverpool for the way we idolize Gerrard. GTFO
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:45 pm

[unnecessary insult deleted - rwo]. Go back to whatever hole your crawled out of. Shadow of your former self is what you are these days.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:04 pm

Breaking News: Gerrard to leave Liverpool in the Summer - Page 3 10898139_374080586108288_5336341074280765361_n

Heighway :bow: dat scouting
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:16 pm

I personally don't believe Gerrard ever truly wanted to leave Liverpool at anytime myself. In his prime, just like with Totti, he most certainly could've and may have even considered it, but that doesn't necessarily mean he was actively angling to move away from Liverpool.

The important thing here is that Gerrard decided to stay and Pool are the better for it. What he's doing now is what just about all honorable captains have done in the past. He realizes that his time has come and gone and that in order for Pool to succeed, he may need to step aside and allow the next generation to emerge in earnest. Totti will likely do the same for Roma when his time comes. It'll be a tough, tough day for the fans, but things like this are a stark reminder that no one player is above the club and that at the end of the day, as harsh as it sounds, the club must continue to move forward.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:26 pm

imo doing 10 years at a club, and not winning much, then moving on to achieve more nothing is wrong with that, i feel that gerrard and totti both, probably wanted more before this point and the closer you get to retirement, the more those previous offers looked huge in retrospect... but of course this not a given, but as pros with their levels, leaving must have crossed their minds couple times.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:39 pm

I agree certainly that moving on from your hometown club to win silverware is totally fine. Many, many players have done that and will continue to do that. Several Romans have done it after all.

However, Totti has openly admitted that he very likely could've joined a club like Madrid and won literally everything in the club game when he as in their prime and they were in full-on Galacticos mode. He chose not to because he wants to try and experience that with the club he grew up with. Liverpool fans will no doubt correct me if i'm wrong here, but I feel like Gerrard likely had similar feelings, despite him getting so close to leaving a decade ago. I find absolutely nothing wrong with that type of loyalty either.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:11 pm

deserves credit. the block genuinely had loyalty for pool. staying at a club for 10-20 years that wins trophies is one thing and that alone IMO sets gerrard apart from the rest. he put his club over his career.

deep down i did feel sorry for his his slip in that crunch match last season. it must have been really hard.

and even if he did wanted to leave at some point, ultimately he didnt and thats the main thing.

anyway sheikh mansour will be interested. hope he wont follow that fraud lampard to emptyhad.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:05 am

I wonder if he regrets not going to Chelsea? Could have had a PL medal or two. I tell you what, those hooligans who threatened him did a decent job. It was them that forced him to sign a contract when he was on the verge of signing for Chelsea and in turn become this 'Loyal' servant at Liverpool that he's been protrayed as ever since.

Slipping v the Chavs last season will be a fond memory of him. Every opposition fan enjoyed it. Thanks Stevie.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:09 am

El Cujo wrote:
jibers wrote:People have short memories. This is the same Gerrard that wanted to leave before Pool won the CL in 05. Reminds me off United fans that worship CR even after his disgusting behaviour to force a move. Anyone that says that he is Liverpool's greatest ever player knows nothing about Liverpool.

[unnecessary insult deleted - rwo]. Gerrard never wanted to leave it was a breakdown in communication between his agent and Liverpool management.

"I fully intended to sign a new contract after the Champions League final, but the events of the past five to six weeks have changed all that.

"I have too much respect for the club and people at it to get involved in a slagging match.

Gerrard has always been, and will always be, Liverpool. There was a lot going on behind the scenes that none of us were privy to. It's like when Alonso left because of Rafa pushing him out. It had nothing to do with him wanting to leave so much as not feeling wanted/needed and disrespected by the club.

But yeah, please get more United fans to come tell us that we (and everyone else) know nothing about Liverpool for the way we idolize Gerrard. GTFO

Reported.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:31 am

Okay folks. That is enough now with the verbal abuse. Don't make the Admins/Mods regret the New Year amnesty by starting to misbehave right away again.

This is your only warning here - if you start with the insults again, I will start docking percents again. I hope I made myself clear.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:33 am

RED wrote:I wonder if he regrets not going to Chelsea? Could have had a PL medal or two. I tell you what, those hooligans who threatened him did a decent job. It was them that forced him to sign a contract when he was on the verge of signing for Chelsea and in turn become this 'Loyal' servant at Liverpool that he's been protrayed as ever since.

Slipping v the Chavs last season will be a fond memory of him. Every opposition fan enjoyed it. Thanks Stevie.

Hooligans, FORCED, Laughing , talk about ill-informed opinions. what next, there is true democracy in North Korea ? rofl

tell you what. Imagine you're about to cheat on your gf, but at last moment before making a move on other girl, you realize you're better than that and don't do it. Are you still la cheater? there you go.

This whole "medal" thing is bollocks. tell you what, Djimi Traore and Anderson have more CL Medals than R9. R9 must regret going to Madrid and how he didn't join the almighty LFC army in 2005 then Laughing

and yea...must be a relief for United fans that he is going. Can't recall a player who scored as many as him at Old Trafford in the last few years.

You're just mad he didn't offer Giggs to team up on giggle's sister-in-law ....like true Manchurians do with their sisters. the face and symbol of Manchester United Football Club.

Such an obsessed city it is. Manchester has the highest rate of child poverty and hunger in the entire UK, yet they sing "feed the scousers". Without us, you'd be freaking irrelevant Laughing

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:45 am

sorry but I don't see how anyone can actually believe that Gerrard would not look to sign for Madrid (for example) due to some threats from some nuts.

He would probably have got a 25-30% increase in his salary and would have won every trophy under the sun in both Spain and Europe.

As some have said, hes truly a rare breed in modern football.. a player who does genuinely do it the hard way, for his club and country. Say what you want about him, but loyalty and good character is something you cannot take away from him. Utd fans just need to gtfo tbh.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:47 am

Natalie Portman wrote:
RED wrote:I wonder if he regrets not going to Chelsea? Could have had a PL medal or two. I tell you what, those hooligans who threatened him did a decent job. It was them that forced him to sign a contract when he was on the verge of signing for Chelsea and in turn become this 'Loyal' servant at Liverpool that he's been protrayed as ever since.

Hooligans, FORCED, Laughing , talk about ill-informed opinions. what next, there is true democracy in North Korea ? rofl

tell you what. Imagine you're about to cheat on your gf, but at last moment before making a move on other girl, you realize you're better than that and don't do it. Are you still la cheater? there you go.

This whole "medal" thing is bollocks. tell you what, Djimi Traore and Anderson have more CL Medals than R9. R9 must regret going to Madrid and how he didn't join the almighty LFC army in 2005 then Laughing

and yea...must be a relief for United fans that he is going. Can't recall a player who scored as many as him at Old Trafford in the last few years.

You're just mad he didn't offer Giggs to team up on giggle's sister-in-law ....like true Manchurians do with their sisters. the face and symbol of Manchester United Football Club.

Such an obsessed city it is. Manchester has the highest rate of child poverty and hunger in the entire UK, yet they sing "feed the scousers". Without us, you'd be freaking irrelevant Laughing

easy now.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:55 am

Natalie Portman wrote:

Enough of this. There is no need for this, epsecially after RWO's post.

Return to the topic or we will start docking people.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:01 am

On a side note, totally forgot how sensitive Liverpool fans are when it comes to their own. Not even the good kind.

On a more serious note, here's a youtube video of Gerrard's goals from 1998

On a further side note, I remember him as a RB as well...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:20 am

We barely have things to defend about and when we do, We are labeled oversensitive. OK
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:28 am

If you find to time to defend someone that represented your club with pride and honour with fans who have nothing to do with Liverpool and/or have nothing positive to say when it's incredibly easier to simply celebrate his legendary legacy, then being called oversensitive shouldn't be a surprise.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:01 am

United fans posting in this thread what did you expect, Especially considering it was Sepp and Mc who were replying to them. Laughing

Anyways.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:02 am

LOL

Jibers comes back and just rustles all Liverpool jimmies :bow:

Proud

mah n
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:13 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:

Ok... Wink

Don't want to stray too far off topic, but what I said is true mate. Whether you choose to believe it or not.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next