Great Leader Sprucenuce
Robespierre
Lex
RealGunner
urbaNRoots
44 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Breaking News: Gerrard to leave Liverpool in the Summer Empty Breaking News: Gerrard to leave Liverpool in the Summer

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:16 am

Liverpool FC legend Steven Gerrard announces he is to leave Reds in the summer

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-legend-steven-gerrard-8371506
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Breaking News: Gerrard to leave Liverpool in the Summer Empty Re: Breaking News: Gerrard to leave Liverpool in the Summer

Post by RealGunner Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:24 am

Surprised and not surprised at the same time.

NYRB pls respond
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Breaking News: Gerrard to leave Liverpool in the Summer Empty Re: Breaking News: Gerrard to leave Liverpool in the Summer

Post by Lex Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:25 am

He never recovered from that Crystal Palace comeback last seaon
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:28 am

Wouldn't mind him on a short term deal to "stay fit" tbh.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:31 am

Would love to see him train with us for a bit tbh. But obviously it's Liverpool or nothing for him in the PL

One of the greatest midfielder in the PL I've ever seen. Will be a huge miss. I may not have wanted Liverpool to win the title in the past due to rivalry etc but Gerrard not winning a PL title is one of the most terrible things.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:39 am

RealGunner wrote:Would love to see him train with us for a bit tbh. But obviously it's Liverpool or nothing for him in the PL

One of the greatest midfielder in the PL I've ever seen. Will be a huge miss. I may not have wanted Liverpool to win the title in the past due to rivalry etc but Gerrard not winning a PL title is one of the most terrible things.

Look at Lampard. Don't be too sure about that.

If Chelsea came a calling I don't see him turning down a chance to win a medal stay fit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:42 am

It's always sad , even for who doesn't support that team, when a player emblem   of a club leaves that club .
It's happening often recently.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:50 am

Betty La Fea wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Would love to see him train with us for a bit tbh. But obviously it's Liverpool or nothing for him in the PL

If Chelsea came a calling I don't see him turning down a chance to win a medal stay fit.

Lampard grew up as a West Ham fan, played for them for many years and was never Mr Chelsea like Terry is or how Ron Harris  was.

Gerrard IS Liverpool.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:59 am

Gerrard was close to a Chelsea move early in his career only to be threatened by Liverpool fans hmm
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:00 am

RealGunner wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:

Lampard grew up as a West Ham fan, played for them for many years and was never Mr Chelsea like Terry is or how Ron Harris  was.

Gerrard IS Liverpool.

Gerrard grew up an Everton fan and nearly left for Chelsea lol.

Let's not act like he's anymore special than any other one club players.

Also Shearer played for Southampton and Blackburn because we initially wouldn't give him a chance it doesn't mean he's not a Newcastle guy though.

Same goes for Lampard he's clearly a Chelsea guy, that will never change.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:03 am

needed 5 years notice on this.. numb
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:04 am

Wasn't Gerrard Everton fan just an urban legend for that pic because of his uncle ?  instead Carragher and Fowler were really Everton fans in their childhood ... I knew this hmm

Last edited by Robespierre on Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:06 am

RealGunner wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:

Gerrard IS Liverpool.

Lampard tried to position himself as something he wasn't though, and Terry wasn't the only one walking around with the Mr.Chelsea and legend label. He even lied over and over about his true intentions when he left. Gerrard seems to be a different man, but Lampard would sell out his own soul for his own benefit. The type of guy who gets up before his kids on Christmas morning just to see what THEY got HIM.

Nothing would shock me coming from most of these guys.

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:07 am

I am only speaking on Liverpool fan's behalf.

I never really expected Lampard to play for City either tbh. But I honestly can't even imagine Gerrard playing for another EPL club.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:10 am

Was going to post something meaningful in this thread but saw that it's already turned into shit by people arguing things about Stevie's character. :facepalm:

Hoping for a proper thread when this goes official.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:12 am

I don't think he will either in any case I was just responding to the general criticism of Lampard that has gone on recently.

What you say is true though, he is one of the best midfielders in PL history and his loyalty is very inspiring and admirable and he will be sorely missed.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:19 am

Don't call me James wrote:Was going to post something meaningful in this thread but saw that it's already turned into shit by people arguing things about Stevie's character. :facepalm:

Hoping for a proper thread when this goes official.

No one is doing anything calm down.

This isn't rawk you can say things freely without being told to shut up like a dictatorship, all I was responding to is the idea that he's some faultless person who never had any ideas at any point in his life than play for Liverpool and that the criticism Lampard has been getting has been unfair.

I forgot though this is McAgger we are talking about where everyone has to agree 100% with everything like emotionless zombies in a dictatorship driven cult and can't say a single thing that might even suggest anything other than pure bliss.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:40 am

Gerrard rejected Real and Bayern after Chelsea you poses, even City i think.

I dont give a shit what people say over here, Couldnt care less what they think.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:37 am

Yes I'm sorry Moal for being emotionally over the top, I mean Gerrard is only the biggest idol I've ever had in my life. How dare I get emotional and pissed over his character assassination based purely on bullshit speculation of him joining a Liverpool rival indirectly.

And reasons you listed is why I don't actively post on rawk.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:51 am

Surreal stuff. He's clearly not the player he once was, but I was always thought he'd retire at Pool myself.

Read this news and immediately and instinctively, like all Romanisti....thought of Totti.

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_Puyol Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:45 am

I think he'll Try to join other teams in epl to get his trophy.Before he comes to mls In a few more years.

I hope cus I really want him to win the league once. Crying or Very sad

Last edited by Mr_Puyol on Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Mr_Puyol
Mr_Puyol
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:47 am

One of the best MF the PL has seen. Right time to call it quits in the PL. Can defo see him moving to the MLS.

Spoiler:
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_Puyol Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:48 am

Gerrad to do a Lampard??
Mr_Puyol
Mr_Puyol
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:23 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
RealGunner wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:

Gerrard IS Liverpool.

Gerrard grew up an Everton fan and nearly left for Chelsea lol.

Let's not act like he's anymore special than any other one club players.

Also Shearer played for Southampton and Blackburn because we initially wouldn't give him a chance it doesn't mean he's not a Newcastle guy though.

Same goes for Lampard he's clearly a Chelsea guy, that will never change.

What? Gerrard is an LFC fan by nurture through and through. You're thinking Carra.

A player who IS the club he represents has little to do his past representation so as long as he embodied the club principle, philosophy and colours throughout years of loyalty seeing through more than a generation of players; Stevie ticks all the marks and has been the leader for years. His Chelsea decision is irrelevant as ultimately he stayed.

Same reason Lampard IS Chelsea regardless of his West Ham past. His City move unwise yet should burn no bridges.
Same as Shearer for all he represented NUFC in every possible way.

On topic I am stunned. Gerrard may or may not be the player he was last year yet I cannot imagine a Liverpool without him nor do I want to. Personally think he has faced ennui over all the ups and downs the 3 months between losing the title and the World Cup has taken a toll on him mentally as he does need a change of scenery.

Yet I hope he pulls a Totti or Di Natale and sees how much more we need him than we think. I'm devastated.

Hope to god it isn't MLS as he certainly has more to offer than in the USA.

Hope it is somewhere in Serie A. Him in Milan would be a dream since the Torres experiment failed. He would be a new man.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:26 am

McLewis wrote:Surreal stuff. He's clearly not the player he once was, but I was always thought he'd retire at Pool myself.

Read this news and immediately and instinctively, like all Romanisti....thought of Totti.

Main difference is that Roma are better with Totti whereas Liverpool is worse with Gerrard (at least in the 343)
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next