Great Leader Sprucenuce
Robespierre
Lex
RealGunner
urbaNRoots
44 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Breaking News: Gerrard to leave Liverpool in the Summer - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking News: Gerrard to leave Liverpool in the Summer

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:26 am

McLewis wrote:Surreal stuff. He's clearly not the player he once was, but I was always thought he'd retire at Pool myself.

Read this news and immediately and instinctively, like all Romanisti....thought of Totti.

Main difference is that Roma are better with Totti whereas Liverpool is worse with Gerrard (at least in the 343)

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Breaking News: Gerrard to leave Liverpool in the Summer - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking News: Gerrard to leave Liverpool in the Summer

Post by McAgger Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:42 am

BC last season's near failure has mentally shot Gerrard to pieces more than anyone else. He's completely drained and who can blame him.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:49 am

Yeah I don't think anyone can blame him if that's the case.

Perhaps he could pull a Batistuta and join a bigger rival to finally win the title.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:01 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Main difference is that Roma are better with Totti whereas Liverpool is worse with Gerrard (at least in the 343)

This is also for difference Serie A / Premier League anyway . Different pace matches.
McLewis wrote:Surreal stuff. He's clearly not the player he once was, but I was always thought he'd retire at Pool myself.

Read this news and immediately and instinctively, like all Romanisti....thought of Totti.

not just Romanisti , I 've always compared them.
Gerrard is as Totti for Roma, a Scouser who played  always with the club of his city, so I never believed to watch both with another kit a day tbh
But probably De Rossi will be more similar to him , because I think De Rossi also won't do as Totti but he is going to conclude his career in MLS after not having won the league often close ( anyway I wish Roma win it. ) ,  there are rumours on him to MLS..
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:37 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

One is rotated and played at the right time and right minutes under his manager...while other has been awfully mismanaged this season, especially in a position that requires a lot more energy than Totti's.
You should just see how City use Lampard or how Ferguson used Giggs/Scholes in their latter years, and Gerrard would still have a lot to offer, but sadly Rodgers didn't figure it out and burnt him to the ground.

A real shame. Brendan really has done Stevie's legacy no favours this season, and I don't blame Gerrard for going. He doesn't deserve to be made the scapegoat. Still effe MLS, I hope he goes to Italy too.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:14 am

From what I have been told, Steven grew up a Liverpool fan. Carra, Owen and Macca were the ones that supported Everton when they were children. Alas, I too hoped Steven could have finished his career at Liverpool but sadly it wouldn't be the case. He would receive his adulation, the standing applause from all fans across the BPL (maybe not Everton), the testimonial and join the rather short list of players that can be truly be called Premier league legends.

However, something tells me that this could have been avoided. That Steven could have retired in a Liverpool jersey. Oh well...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:35 am

@ Natalie.. it sounds like your making a lot of assumptions there...

I think he just wants to play football - he only has about 2 years left where he can play the full 90 at top level as a CM/DM.

He has probably been told that Lpool are going into a new era where he would be a squad player. And frankly I think that's the best thing for Lpool.

Also.. is it not possible he still can still return? He's 34. Maybe a 2-3 year contract in Serie A then a return to Lpool to finish his career where he can do for pool what Lampards doing for city now as a fringe player. Good man to have coming off the bench and in the locker room and can finish his career in a Liverpool shirt.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:39 am

Steven Gerrard' whole family I think were Everton fans and were forcing him to follow the blue side but he was always a red. They were shoving Everton down his throat where as a 7 year old he was forced to take a pic in a Everton kit with their trophies that they won in '87.

But once he was around the age where he could think for himself he was always a die hard red.

Last edited by Don't call me James on Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:40 am; edited 1 time in total
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:39 am

Holy shit, it's hard to imagine Liverpool without him. Gerrard is Liverpool. He has been Liverpool for a long long time.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:43 am

M99 wrote:Holy shit, it's hard to imagine Liverpool without him. Gerrard is Liverpool. He has been Liverpool for a long long time.

He's been in Liverpool's first team for 17 years.
He was in Liverpool's academy for 10 years before that.

I feel sick. Embarassed

Breaking News: Gerrard to leave Liverpool in the Summer - Page 2 XA2E1Qm

Last edited by Red Alert on Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:55 am

Lampard was thrown out of Chelsea like a wet rag. I don't think Gerrard would do the same and join a rival.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:13 am

Lord Spencer wrote:Lampard was thrown out of Chelsea like a wet rag. I don't think Gerrard would do the same and join a rival.

We offered Gerrard a new deal in November, probably on reduced terms, but offered still. Rodgers confirmed that. So, this is first and foremost Gerrard's own decision to leave. Which I do find a little strange. Could be that he found the contract we offered disrespectful if it was on much reduced terms, which it might have been, because that's how FSG like to do things, have wages match players' values rather than how big a name they are. I'm hoping we'll hear it from Gerrard himself soon enough, the reasons he's leaving.

I feel a little numb, this came so suddenly. I believed he was going to stay for at least a year. It's going to feel so weird going into next season without Gerrard. And we have really no one who comes close his leadership and experience. I guess Henderson will be our captain next season? So strange.

This put a whole new flavour to the rest of the season.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:24 am

Remember when Garry Nevile retired suddenly mid-way through the season becuase he was clearly holding the team back? Although Gerrard isnt holding 'pool back to that extent and I'm sure he put a lot of thought into this decision, maybe the reason hes decided to leave is because he doesnt feel hes good enough to enhance Liverppol any more, and theres no shame in admitting that
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:28 am

Can see Gerrard doing a Raul and goes to play for a Bundesliga team before retiring
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:31 am

fatman123 wrote:Remember when Garry Nevile retired suddenly mid-way through the season becuase he was clearly holding the team back? Although Gerrard isnt holding 'pool back to that extent and I'm sure he put a lot of thought into this decision, maybe the reason hes decided to leave is because he doesnt feel hes good enough to enhance Liverppol any more, and theres no shame in admitting that

I thought about that, that Gerrard might think "I haven't got enough to offer to Liverpool any more, might be better for both sides to play my last couple of years elsewhere", but on the other hand you could just tell the manager to use you only as a substitute, that you don't have the legs for 90 minutes any longer. Gerrard could still be a fine player to bring on for the last 20 minutes. (With Neville's case, it's not quite the same with full-backs).
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:34 am

I do agree that Gerrard is good enough to play for Liverpool as a bit part/rotation player, but at the same time maybe he doesnt want to play that role? Plus, relegating Gerrard to that role would mean Liverppol would need a new captain who would inevitably be undermined by Gerrards presence.

Its a difficult situation all round
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:36 am

One of those sad moments we must all face in football.

True legend. He is the epitome of a one club man. And like RG said it's so sad not seeing the words "PL winner" on his resume.

But times like these come eventually, and I think that it's best for both Gerrard and Liverpool. Gerrard is clearly mentally depleted by what happened last season and therefore needs a new challenge in not only, his career, but he's life - tbh we have to consider that Gerrard has been all about Liverpool his whole life. He has given everything of himself for Liverpool and it wouldn't be wrong to think that he is making this decision for his life. A new challenge and thrill is always rejuvenating to the mind and soul.

I wish him all the best, at wherever he is next season.

True legend:bow: Forever one of my football heroes :bow:
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:11 am

About time. He's been on his last legs for a while tbh. I just quietly laughed to myself when one of the clueless Sky pundits last year claimed he was as good as Pirlo ever was in that role.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:42 pm

I hope this stops Gerrard's character assassination in this thread

"I'm going to carry on playing and although I can't confirm at this stage where that will be, I can say it will be somewhere that means I won't be playing for a competing club and will not therefore be lining up against Liverpool - that is something I could never contemplate."
http://liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/177354-lfc-statement-on-steven-gerrard
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:06 pm

Who is character assassinating Gerrard anyway?

It makes a hard season even harder still, the knowledge that a living legend and arguably Liverpool's greatest player will not play here any longer at the end. I think that Gerrard still wants to play as a full time starter, and I think that Liverpool offered him a contract with the stipulation that he would no longer be offered that opportunity.

I don't think we will see another player like Gerrard, with his loyalty, leadership and talent for a long, long time.

Molenation
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:12 pm

https://i.imgur.com/rwqyCJn.jpg

Sad
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:25 pm

Breaking News: Gerrard to leave Liverpool in the Summer - Page 2 BQXBv73CIAMoTRZ

These invisible ninjas need to stop peeling onions next to me. Sad
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:58 pm

Their jibes at his character mean nothing.

How many players that have been WC have put their club's ambitions ahead of their own?
The guy ruined his career for the club, You guys can gtfo with your swipes for all i care.

Loyalty is a virtue.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:09 pm

gerrard should have left pool when he had the chance, did all he could for them and wasted a lot of his prime years, got a CL at least but it clear he really wanted a league win, chelsea would have guaranteed that and he could then return to pool afterwards.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:13 pm

chad4401 wrote:gerrard should have left pool when he had the chance, did all he could for them and wasted a lot of his prime years, got a CL at least but it clear he really wanted a league win, chelsea would have guaranteed that and he could then return to pool afterwards.

That's what puts him above the rest.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:21 pm

chad4401 wrote:gerrard should have left pool when he had the chance, did all he could for them and wasted a lot of his prime years, got a CL at least but it clear he really wanted a league win, chelsea would have guaranteed that and he could then return to pool afterwards.

I have more respect for a player that tried to do it the hard way, and wanted to actually use his own talent to try and carry a team forward than just join a team that is already head and shoulders above the rest.

Truth be told his accomplishments mean so much more playing for a team that never had the money or drawing power of the other bigger teams in England (and in Europe) around him during his career. That CL win will forever be legendary and something he can carry with pride, PL title or not.

Although I will forever feel gutted for him the way his PL title run ended. I think it mentally crippled him in a small way. He just hasn't looked in it since.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next