Kaladin
halamadrid2
Forza
60 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

The 2014/15 Calcio Saga II - Page 23 Empty Re: The 2014/15 Calcio Saga II

Post by marottalad Sun 15 Feb 2015, 02:27

djfawnz wrote:No praise for Khouma Babacar? I think he has what it takes to be a good striker for Fiorentina.

I think with the new tv deals coming in for the epl with the likes of teams like everton earning 100 million and stoke getting something like 80 million i think babacar will end up in a big dollar move there this summer or next summer. He is a good dribbler, target striker that is physical enough to play in any league and can finish. He had an awesome season in serie b with Modena I think it was last season or the season before he finished top scorer and dominated if I'm not mistaken

marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun 15 Feb 2015, 02:49

Robespierre wrote:
Katy Perry wrote:Pls, it's a weak era in the CB as well. The only CBs in Europe that have showed more promise before they were 20 that I can think of are Varane, Gimenez and Zouma and the first two will both rot in the bench for the next 3/4 years.
And again what impressed me the most about Romagnoli, other than his quality, is his cool headedness and composure similar to De Sciglio's 12/13 break-out season when he had the same age as Romagnoli.

Well   , if we consider the De Sciglio hype is already dissolved and he is  average now , it is not a great signal for Romagnoli tbh

Anyway he is probably the most promising Italian CB

A problem for Italian football is that we haven't still a great talent about identificy us .

We haven't a Dybala.

We have various good players but we don't know still who is the most brillaint player of future generation . Because atm noone looks like a top player.  Balotelli had to be the chosen one , but he failed  in the mission and he is almost nothing old 24 . We live in mediocrity .. and when it happens, you can create even an enormous hype for Scuffet, still 2nd Udinese GK and in future outscored by Meret ( my prediction :coffee: )

IMO, Conte has a good idea with Zaza and Berardi. It's a shame that their development might be stunted by the fact that there is no room for them at Juve and at the same time Juve probably won't let them move to other big clubs in Italy.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun 15 Feb 2015, 03:06

Robespierre wrote:
Well   , if we consider the De Sciglio hype is already dissolved and he is  average now , it is not a great signal for Romagnoli tbh

A problem for Italian football is that we haven't still a great talent about identificy us .

We haven't a Dybala.

We have various good players but we don't know still who is the most brillaint player of future generation . Because atm noone looks like a top player.  Balotelli had to be the chosen one , but he failed  in the mission and he is almost nothing old 24 . We live in mediocrity .. and when it happens, you can create even an enormous hype for Scuffet, still 2nd Udinese GK and in future outscored by Meret ( my prediction :coffee: )

Italy hasn't developed a great forward since ADP. I think the problems in this department are institutional.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun 15 Feb 2015, 03:09

Robespierre wrote:

We haven't a Dybala.

Italy hasn't developed a great forward since ADP. I think the problems in this department are institutional.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Sun 15 Feb 2015, 03:16

Vazquez and dybala duo looks very interesting

The 2014/15 Calcio Saga II - Page 23 54e0014a90c87663127865_large
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun 15 Feb 2015, 03:50

They are both from Cordoba, like Pastore. Palermo is establishing a great tradition with this region.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun 15 Feb 2015, 04:41

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Robespierre wrote:

We haven't a Dybala.

The institutional problem is that big teams aren't playing young Italian strikers. Players of the last generation of top, top strikers like ADP, Totti, Vieri all got starts at big clubs when they were young and they were developed through game time in the first team. These days you have clubs like Juve who could have a forward line with any 1 (or 2 or 3) of Immobile, Berardi, Gabbiadini or Zaza. But instead they have lolrente and the young import Morata.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun 15 Feb 2015, 09:49

Yesterday Sassuolo-Fiorentina

SASSUOLO: Consigli; Gazzola, Cannavaro, Acerbi, Longhi; Brighi, Magnanelli, Biondini; Berardi, Zaza, Sansone.

FIORENTINA: Tatarusanu , Richards, Savic  , G. Rodriguez, Alonso, Kurtic, Pizarro , Mati Fernandez , Diamanti , Babacar, Salah
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun 15 Feb 2015, 09:59

Robespierre wrote:Yesterday  Sassuolo-Fiorentina

SASSUOLO: Consigli; Gazzola, Cannavaro, Acerbi, Longhi; Brighi, Magnanelli, Biondini; Berardi, Zaza, Sansone.

FIORENTINA: Tatarusanu , Richards, Savic  , G. Rodriguez, Alonso, Kurtic, Pizarro , Mati Fernandez , Diamanti , Babacar, Salah

It's disgraceful how few Italians players Fiorentina blood, though in fairness they were missing Rossi, Pasqual, Aquilani and Bernadeschi.

Also I'd just like to point out that I called BabaGOAT years ago :coffee:
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun 15 Feb 2015, 10:13

I just watched the first half of Palermo vs Napoli. This is the third game in a row in which Rafael Cabral has made a calamitous mistake but they've finally paid for it. He had such a promising start to his Napoli career and he does have potential but he needs to hit the bench for a few games; Andujar's an experienced keeper who will surely do no worse at the moment.

Benitez' insistence on fielding De Guzman as a left winger continues to be an exercise in futility. Strinic quite often took up a narrow midfield position and was able to feed De Guzman out wide but in the time he takes to switch to his dominant right foot the space and opportunity are gone and he lacks the acceleration and trickery to beat his man otherwise. He linked up with Strinic reasonably well when the Croat made an overlapping run but they would be much better served by playing Gabbiadini on the left, who has been excellent in his time at Napoli thus far. He scored again today and has been more of a goal threat than Callejon has from the right wing since arriving. His tendency to drift inside and combine also helps to relieve pressure off Higuain by giving the defence another physical player to worry about.

Napoli had more of the ball in the first half but they struggled to break down a deep lying Palermo who after taking an early lead through Rafael's mistake were excellent on the break. Strinic's careless backheel in midfield set Dybala off on a great run before Vazquez set up Bolzoni for what might have been the second whilst Strinic also made a careless error on the ball before Jorginho was too easily brushed aside by Quaison to allow Dybala to set up Vazquez's strike. It's a very simple approach but one that works wonders when you do get an early lead to force your opponent to open up and take risks.

Even still, Napoli have a 4 point lead on Fiorentina which I doubt they'll sqaunder. Even without playing particularly well in recent weeks their strike force allows them to grind out wins against minnows.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by djfawnz Sun 15 Feb 2015, 13:04

Good post Marottalad and dovstoevsky (well you always post great stuff)
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Sun 15 Feb 2015, 14:57

Seems like Fiorentina has not downgraded after selling Cuadrado. Salah and Diamanti, despite being inferior as players, are more suited to fill Fiore's urge for players next to the striker after Rossi's injury, and if this is what Montella had in mind, I really don't understand Gila's signing. He's only going to take BabaGOAT's already unjustified limited gametime. He's pretty much in the same situation Sturridge was in January '13, ostracized because of lesser reputation and not quality, the different is he left when we brought a third striker. Let's see how Montella deals with this, the one reason that every team besides Juve and partly Roma struggles is the lack of consistency. Insisting with this set-up would be ideal, but I suspect Montella will try to accommodate 2 strikers in the same formation. They do have a strong foundation with Montella and a really underrated and established defense and midfield, so they should compete for the third spot regardless.

I guess that the third place will all come down to who's more consistent. Napoli had found it in results but their play was beginning to underperform and they got two undeserved wins against Lazio and Genoa and yea, De Guzman as a winger baffles me. I'd understand if he was required to play similar to the Bonaventura's role, a hybrid wide player that spends a lot of time in the middle of the pitch to help control the flow of the match, but the only thing is common they have is their runs into the box, Benitez actually asks him to do the Mertens/Insigne job. I guess that will change when Insigne comes back and with Gabbia scoring thrice in a row (the reason De Guzman is starting in the first place). LOL @ Rafael, joke of a goalkeeper.

So yea, I think it will be between those two because Lazio is doing their usual 'overachieve in the first half of the season and crumble in the second' and Sampdoria are missing Gabbiadini more than Eto'o and Muriel could ever fill because Sampdoria's 50% of goals when they were third came from Gabbiadini's set pieces and the other 50% from counters either started or finished by their wing forwards, and Gabbiadini was the only one capable of playing RW and thus allowing Samp to play 4-3-3. I guess it will also come down to how far they'll go and how seriously they take EL and Coppa Italia and how much injuries will take a toll to their season.
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Sun 15 Feb 2015, 14:58

Also, why tf gets Sassuolo praised for fielding a lot of italians and Fiore criticized for not? Not talking about GL, but even the journalists keep doing about that, as if they were replicating Forza Nuova's slogan (neonazi political party) 'Italy to italians'. Like what tf does it have to do with football? So they came out of their mother's vagina in different imaginary lines, big deal.
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Sun 15 Feb 2015, 15:12

We're.....winning?
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Sun 15 Feb 2015, 15:35

Katy Perry wrote:Also, why tf gets Sassuolo praised for fielding a lot of italians and Fiore criticized for not? Not talking about GL, but even the journalists keep doing about that, as if they were replicating Forza Nuova's slogan (neonazi political party) 'Italy to italians'. Like what tf does it have to do with football? So they came out of their mother's vagina in different imaginary lines, big deal.

I think it is quite normal to expect players of a nation playing in that Nation's league.

At the moment Italy feels its National Team is under-performing because of teams like Viola that have not interest in brooding Italian talent.

Also, it is quite ridiculous to remove football clubs from a national perspective. Universities and schools are expected to graduate professionals who help their country's economy. Football clubs are expected to help their country's youth in training and exposure.

Of course, it doesn't call for a xenophobic reactions.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun 15 Feb 2015, 15:52

Maxi Moralez the goat scores :bow: Every time I watch Atalanta he plays well.

Is Icardi injured or suspended? I see he's not on the bench. Guarin scored showing those fans who is boss once again Proud
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sun 15 Feb 2015, 16:05

Icardi has diarrhea.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Sun 15 Feb 2015, 16:06

Icardi didnt train yesterday, intestinal problems.
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun 15 Feb 2015, 16:08

Maxi Moralez off injured, German Denis on. Very diferent players, but Denis also loves scoring against Inter.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun 15 Feb 2015, 16:19

Benalouane red card. Inter might actually win this.

Palacio with an epic miss on a volley Laughing Very nice ball from Guarin though.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Sun 15 Feb 2015, 16:19

Red card for Atalanta. Cant remember the last time we won 2 matches in a raw?
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun 15 Feb 2015, 16:23

zizzle wrote:Red card for Atalanta. Cant remember the last time we won 2 matches in a raw?
Oct 26-29, two 1-0 victories over Cesena and Sampdoria.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun 15 Feb 2015, 16:24

GUARIN WITH AN EPL SCREAMERRRR!!!
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Sun 15 Feb 2015, 16:25

Wow its been that long..

Guarin just killed it, a much needed win if we're to salvage something this season
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun 15 Feb 2015, 16:32

Kovacic fights his way to the are and passes it nicely to Podolski, who sends the ball to Row Z.

Edit: Palacio joins the score sheet from a perfectly weighted Guarin through ball. MOTM.

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Sun 15 Feb 2015, 16:35; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun 15 Feb 2015, 16:33

Roma playing significantly better......since Verde came on....
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next