who is your favorite youngster World Cup star from 2014?

+6
Bankz
Cruijf
Red Alert
Kick
McAgger
Ronaldo9
10 posters

Go down

who is your favorite youngster World Cup star from 2014? Empty who is your favorite youngster World Cup star from 2014?

Post by Ronaldo9 Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:34 am

well with out a doubt many youngsters made a debut at the WC including Pogba, Gotze , Neymar ( til the injury ) , and Shaqiri are a few i can quickly think of, but one stands out James Rodriguez! with many great goals he proved Colombia doesn't need Falcao to achieve world recognition. Gotze as well was spectacular at the WC scoring the tournament winning goal against Argentina. Also Islam Slimani and Feghouli played well with Algeria usually a weaker team in the world cup. what do you guys think?

young players in the world cup : kroos, feghouli, slimani, neymar, Gotze, Pogba , Shaqiri, Sterling , Depay, Courtois, Lukaku
i know some players listed are hardly considered young but its cool Razz ....
Ronaldo9
Ronaldo9
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

who is your favorite youngster World Cup star from 2014? Empty Re: who is your favorite youngster World Cup star from 2014?

Post by McAgger Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:37 am

Thread of the year imo :coffee:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

who is your favorite youngster World Cup star from 2014? Empty Re: who is your favorite youngster World Cup star from 2014?

Post by Kick Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:10 am

Is this meant to be in the general section?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:20 am

Yeah, I'd suggest moving it to there.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:01 pm

Welcome to the forum!

Personally the WC was the first time I saw Memphis Depay and although he still has a long way to go, I really like him. Pogba was also very good, but his talent has been well known for a long time. James as you said must be mentioned as before he was just a promising young player and after he was being signed by Real for 80 mil.

The last player I really want to mention is Clasie. He only played one game against Argentina, but the control the Dutch gained after he came on was unbelievable. Really impressed by him and I want to see how he does in the future.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:44 pm

Neymar. Carrying the hopes of a nation like brazil with those scrubs and an inept coach to boot, even with all the pressure of being a poster boy playing in your own country, and the marking that came with it, yet neymar scored 4 goals in 5 matches and an assist in the qf's; and even having the balls to take the last spot kick and scoring in that tension soaked match versus chile. Epic stuff there.
Was painful that he got injured, we could all see what followed afterwards.
Finally james, this guy was just awesome that i didnt think for a while that colombia was where falcao came from.
When it comes to the wc neymar and james are in a league of their own imo. But then again, we all have our choices.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:02 pm

Kovacic, Shaqiri, and Palacio, and im not biased
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by InterMalia Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:44 pm

zizzle wrote:Kovacic, Shaqiri, and Palacio, and im not biased

Laughing
InterMalia
InterMalia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronaldo9 Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:31 pm

Sorry guys this was suppose to be in the general section but im a noob , this is my first post so i didnt know how to post in the general. But now im aware it has been moved so thanks admins. Anyways great responses above and i do agree Bankz Neymar all the way , he is the backbone of brazil. I believe he has lots of potential however i believe his physical and body type doesn't allow him to be as great as the legendary Ronaldo 9 ( Brazilian ronaldo) but again Ronaldo was a striker and Neymar is a winger..
Ronaldo9
Ronaldo9
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:33 pm

Juilian Green. Totally not biased. :coffee:
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:49 pm

Pogba and Kroos imho.

I still maintain France would've won if we hadn't knocked 'em out.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down