TheVoiceOfTheVoiceless
Valkyrja
35 posters

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Martin Ødegaard discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Martin Ødegaard discussion

Post by Thimmy Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:29 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Thimmy wrote:Real Madrid have turned down an approach for Ødegaard by Leverkusen.  I wonder what their plan is. Are they just loaning him out again? I wonder if he'll end up on loan at Man Utd :facepalm:
I don't know if this is accurate. The rumours in Spain are that we gave him a pick of his club. My understanding was that Leverkusen made an offer, and so did La real sociedad which I think he visited last week

Ajax did, as well, and they were reportedly rejected more than once.

Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:12 pm

Supposedly Odegaard wants to stay in Spain so that he can't be so easily ignored. I think he wants to give it one last shot to work himself into the team. He probably saw how bad RM were last season offensively and really wished he would have had the opportunity like Vini did. The team is going through a rebuild, now is probably the only time he may have a shot.

If he didn't want to stay at the club he would have forced a move to Leverkusen or Ajax by now. The club didn't pay that much for him so the expectation to recoup a big fee isn't there (I don't think).

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:19 am

Apparently the logic of club is better to have him on loan as he is still developing. In a year or two, if they don’t have a spot for him on club, his value will be that much more enhanced than now!

futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:52 pm

AS reporting he will renew his contract and go on a two year loan to either La Real or Leverkusen. No option to buy. Not sure if that’s good business on our end or not. I guess he’s young enough but at some point we either need to try him in the team or cut him loose.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivash Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:29 pm

I don't mind the series of loans as long he gets game time and progresses year on year. Much better than riding the Madrid bench and then getting sold because you haven't developed, even though you never really got a shot.

Even though it's very likely not the case, it's like the club recognised that we bought him too young and acknowledged that we're not the best place to develop young talent, so sent him elsewhere to develop so that we reap the benefit in the long term.

I hope he picks Leverkusen and gets some CL football. It would be very difficult to ignore if he makes waves there

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:31 am

i had actually hoped we give this one a chance. loan after loan, when will it end?
how does zidane feel about Odegaard?
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:05 am

Turok_TTZ wrote:i had actually hoped we give this one a chance. loan after loan, when will it end?
how does zidane feel about Odegaard?

I have no idea how he actually feels about Ødegaard. Seeing how little faith he was shown during his last pre-season with us, I would assume Zidane didn't think much of him. Ødegaard himself has stated that he has a very good relationship with Zidane, though, and both Perez and Zidane have supposedly told him that they believe he has a future with the club. That could be nothing but shallow talk, though. I mean, you don't tell someone that they're surplus to requirements Razz
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:02 am

Thimmy I know this is kind of personal for you, but you should let go of that hope Odegaard will be star in Madrid.

Zidane doesnt care about him and its likely that he never plays for Madrid unless he balls out of control at la sociedad. Odegaard is simply not an instant impact player that can win his place from the bench like Vinicius. Je really needs a manager to buy into him and to let him run the playmaking for the offense. Unless he becomes Ozil on roids, that's not happening in Madrid.

Let it go ..
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:30 pm

I'm not neutral towards him, but you're making my bias sound a lot more dramatic than what it is, calm down. I've already stated that I had hoped we would let him go. Whether or not he makes it at a big team is not a big deal to me, but with his level of talent, I would hope that he does. I would expect it, even. If not, then oh well. As for your predictions and assumptions in general.. LOL. I mean, no offense intended, but sometimes it's a good thing not to be so trigger happy in jumping to hysterical conclusions.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:17 pm

A prediction mostly about his style and the way modern football is treating the type of attacking midfielder Odegaard seems to be. You can look across Europe, among the top 10-15 best clubs in Europe, you won't find many teams with attacking midfielders like him, and with his limitations
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:26 pm

Yep. Which is why i'm not a fan of Madrid going after so many AM's of this sort (i.e., Asensio, Brahim, Ceballos, Isco etc). We need technical forwards who can beat defenders and well rounded midfielders with technique and athleticism.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:08 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:A prediction mostly about his style and the way modern football is treating the type of attacking midfielder Odegaard seems to be. You can look across Europe, among the top 10-15 best clubs in Europe, you won't find many teams with attacking midfielders like him, and with his limitations

He hasn't been an AM since he was 15, he's been converted to a right winger. When I referred to your predictions 'in general', I wasn't referring to your predictions specifically regarding Odegaard. He's 20, only time will tell what happens to him, and I'm sure he'll be fine.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:30 pm

I wouldn't put too much on the trends of football as they are just that: trends. Football constantly changes from one thing to the other, it's what it is. If Ode thinks he can succeed and is willing to try, I see no harm in that as he is the one making the decision I hope. If he makes it, great. If he doesn't, I am sure he'll have a fine career nonetheless.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:58 am

Odegaard is an AM though, he’s just being played on the wing. That doesn’t make him a winger. And he’s far from a “traditional” winger. In FM terms he’s an advanced playmaker/ supporting inside forward type playing as a right AM. He could play that for RM, maybe, but probably not considering ZZ hasn’t shown the interest in him. Could be wrong, though, you never really know.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:29 am

Odegaard is already a successful professional, he has talent and clubs vying for him. He doesnt need to play for us to validate his career, and he can be very solid in clubs like LaReal. We will see how he does in the next two years, he can get even better.

But i agree with Deez, he is not a "winger", he lacks the attributes of what we traditional associate with a winger: pace, dribbling, directness.

trends change but midfielders playing in forwards position, out wide, is not one that will become a dominant tendency any time soon.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:54 am

Again, I've already said I'd prefer if the club would let him go. Don't particularly care about nitpicking about his defined role or position, he's not a traditional AM. I can't believe you're suggesting he lacks pace, dribbling and directness, but I'll leave it at that, since you keep insisting I'm emotionally biased Laughing

He just signed a 2-year contract with Real Sociedad. Maybe that's the level he's destined for. Maybe not? Either way, it's fine.

"I don't think that I'm coming back" :whistle:

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:45 am

He lacks pace, dribbling and directness? Maybe, just maybe you can hit the directness part but he has both the dribbling and pace. And by pace, he has pace with the ball which is FAR more important than pace in general. And the dribbling part is laughable, really laughable. Come on Nick, I know you view at least 1 Vitesse game.

In any case, Ode chose on his own steam to stick around and continue being part of Madrid. If he didn't wanna stay, they had a plethora of suitors willing to take him off Madrid hands. And it'll seem Madrid still wants to continue this as well.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:30 am

I think Nick is more concerned about getting back at me for calling him out in for his occasional hysteria, in a different thread hmm The "let it go" part was pretty awkward. Then again, wouldn't be the first time someone on here had strong opinions on something they have little to no actual knowledge about.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:48 am

getting back at you? you called me out? did i miss something? lol

i said to "let it go" because you seemed to care about Odegaard succeeding in madrid more than say, Asensio.

my point about Odegaard stands, he is not a vertical and pacy enough player to succeed playing on the wing for us. He is a playmaker, even if he is playing wide, he would need to grow into a complete baller to succeed in a similar position in madrid. He is certainly not a player that will take on a fullback and try to beat him 1v1 often, which to me is a the number 1 thing to becoming an elite winger.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:36 am

He has taken on quite a few full backs in Holland lol and got passed them. But I see where you're coming from and with that, I agree to disagree with you there Nick. Respectfully obviously.

I am of the opinion he has what it takes to make it at Madrid even on the wings. He is definitely not of the usual winger variety but has grown quite good playing there and with every passing season, he has gotten better.

Starting to really think going to La Real was the better option as we all would actually see if he'll really cut the mustard. Should be fun...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:45 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:getting back at you? you called me out? did i miss something? lol

i said to "let it go" because you seemed to care about Odegaard succeeding in madrid more than say, Asensio.

my point about Odegaard stands, he is not a vertical and pacy enough player to succeed playing on the wing for us. He is a playmaker, even if he is playing wide, he would need to grow into a complete baller to succeed in a similar position in madrid. He is certainly not a player that will take on a fullback and try to beat him 1v1 often, which to me is a the number 1 thing to becoming an elite winger.

I've been quite harsh in referencing your occasional bullshit, this year. Surely, you've noticed. You seemed to have developed a sudden interest in Martin around the same time, although that might be coincidental, for all I know. You can be quite hysterical, you jump to conclusions based on subjective opinions and report them as facts or reliable sources, and Pogba looks to be your latest case of "I think this guy is really awesome, but I'm gonna pretend that he's just coming anyway, and I don't really care". I may be wrong, but I don't see any other reason why you'd feel the need to tell me to "let it go", all of a sudden Rolling Eyes

I think I openly stated that I was biased towards him, around the time when he was bought from my local team. I'm not going to hide it, I'm not neutral, and I will likely follow his progress whether he ends up in Spain, England or Denmark. I don't think I favor him in the typical, "he can do no wrong", GL fashion, though. If he isn't good enough, he isn't good enough. I do believe he possesses exceptional talent and intelligence for someone his age, but he has flaws that will need to be ironed out. He lacks physical strength, and he occasionally looks hesitant with his end product. You know, for once, it could be a good idea for you to actually watch a player before rambling about how insanely good or mediocre they are.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:17 am

i have no idea what you are talking about, and you are clearly wrong. i typically would comment on topics being discussed on the forum, if Odegaard thread was up, then i probably commented if i read something interesting.

the rest of your drivel, LOL. But nice of you to admit you are invested in the boy, the "let it go" seems to have really irked you lol. his chances to become a starter for madrid given his qualities and strengths are slim to none.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:46 am

The "let it go" part was more cheesy than anything, which was why it caught my attention, but as usual - feel free to read what you want to read Smile
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:06 pm

Loan tracker: 2nd match and much better display from the O as he got the ball more and actually got to take on players now and then. Of course, scored the winner so that's always a great thing.

Whoscored rating: 8.3
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:09 pm

I watched the entire match. I don't think there's any point in posting about him on here, though. Did you watch it, Doc?
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:33 pm

Thimmy wrote:I watched the entire match. I don't think there's any point in posting about him on here, though. Did you watch it, Doc?

Of course, big fan of the O and unlike trying to watch Vitesse, this is waaaaaaay easier to follow as it's La Real and Spanish football in general.

Don't mind the match lacked all sorts of quality.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next