TheVoiceOfTheVoiceless
Valkyrja
35 posters

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Martin Ødegaard discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Martin Ødegaard discussion

Post by MaraVilla Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:31 pm

any truth to this hmm

*Martin Ødegaard  has refused to train with the reserves and only joins in with training sessions on the eve of the team’s games.

Also is he really on something crazy like 80k/week Shocked

Last edited by MaraVilla on Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:32 pm

He has a clause to train with the first team. Why give him the clause, if you don't want him to train with them?
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:18 pm

He can do both no??

Also if he had a brain he'd know he would have no chance of getting more than 20 appearance for the first team in the next 4-5 seasons. Why train with the first team if he knows that fact?? In fact why sign with us at all?? There are other clubs willing to give youngsters chances we aren't one of them
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:23 pm

What's the source anyways? I don't know why this is being blown out of proportion.

This guy is 16 already, and gets 99% of all football fans against him despite not knowing the whole story.

Also I highly doubt it's about the attitude. I think Zidane is just trying to give him an opportunity to teach him to train with the second team to get better chemistry.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:07 pm

Freeza wrote:What's the source anyways? I don't know why this is being blown out of proportion.

This guy is 16 already, and gets 99% of all football fans against him despite not knowing the whole story.

Also I highly doubt it's about the attitude. I think Zidane is just trying to give him an opportunity to teach him to train with the second team to get better chemistry.

This is exactly what I was thinking. It's getting blown out of proportion, because impressionable people are more likely to be interested in it, the more controversial it sounds. It's not exactly a new thing in journalism, to be fair.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:06 am

You give him the clause because the clause is meaningless...  just like signing a 5 year extension doesn't mean that the player can't ask to be sold and force a sale after 1 year or anytime before.

Football is like that.

Odegaard is crap... i watch Castilla all the time and that's just a hard cold fact.   He's the worst midfield on the pitch when he plays and isn't even a top 6-7 player on Castilla.  The fact that he initially benched much better players was crap... now you want him to train with the first team over a more deserving player?  

Absolute horshit.  He's nobody and will remain nobody if he doesn't fight and DESERVE his role as opposed to waiting for handouts.

The only controversy is how dumb Odegaard and his father are.  I can understand a 16 yo kid being an idiot... but his father?
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:19 am

Played well vs Sweden created a few chances during the match

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:56 pm

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:35 pm

does anyone know what formation Norway played during the match? the video looks good, but i'll have to find time to actually watch him play, i get wary of these videos...i remember sergio canales and nuri sahin also having good games and clips (sahin was actually good in my opinion). to be fair to martin, starting for his country at 16 is quite impressive, not many coaches will take that risk unless you're good. Now, another question for those who follow the Norwegian national team, who has martin replaced in the line up or rather who are the other attacking midfielders on the team? and is martin really better than them?
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:32 pm

Ibra: "In order to become a man, Martin needs to get away from his father." interesting comment lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:47 pm

sportsczy wrote:Ibra: "In order to become a man, Martin needs to get away from his father." interesting comment lol.

Ignorant comment also. He's freaking 16 at the moment, in a foreign country.

Ibra was 20 before he moved from Malmö. Zlatan saying someone should get rid of their father, just because he has a bad relationship is none of his business.

Ødegaard also doesn't give a shit about Zlatan, which he shouldn't. No idea why he'd say such a thing. Every relationship with parents are different for each individual.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:43 pm

Oh i don't know... plenty of examples where kids are being mismanaged by their father at a very young age. The smart ones break it off and get support from another relative. I'm sure Odegaard has a mother, aunts, uncles, etc.

Just looking at how badly his father is mismanaging the relationship with Madrid, he should at least fire him as his agent and get a proper one to handle things.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:52 pm

sportsczy wrote:Oh i don't know...  plenty of examples where kids are being mismanaged by their father at a very young age.  The smart ones break it off and get support from another relative.  I'm sure Odegaard has a mother, aunts, uncles, etc.

Just looking at how badly his father is mismanaging the relationship with Madrid, he should at least fire him as his agent and get a proper one to handle things.

Just as many examples of actual agents mismanaging. If Ødegaard feels safe with his father, as is the case for a lot of us in Scandinavia, he should keep him. People underestimate how young 16 is mentally, and you need your family at that point. Not everyone is Ronaldo in mental strength being away from home.

I for one couldn't have made it to where I am at almost 22 without support of my parents at that age, if I had taken his journey. People just find anything to criticize Ødegaard on, getting tiresome.

"He needs to become a man" How does that even make sense, when he's 16 freaking years old Laughing

Zlatan also continued to praise Ødegaard's ability and game, so it just seems like he wants to put himself in the media if anything or the press wanting to write a story of it.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:06 am

he's 16, not even of legal age to vote or drink in most countries, his parents should have a role in his life at this stage. as time goes on he can break away (if it is the right thing to do), for now, nothing wrong with it. it was a foolish comment by ibra, its best the kid is with someone who has his best interests at heart, and that's probably his parents....yes his dad will probably try to enrich his own pockets in the process but that happens with every agent regardless. he should focus more on crawling before walking and not listen to ibra....besides there are many adults in footy still managed by their parents, and they're doing fine
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Master_Goal Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:02 pm

Hi everybody.
I've never seen so much football performance in a so young player. He has recently been 16. The most impressive of him is his intelligence at time to to always choose the best option for every play during the match, usually improving the plays. He is tremendous in that, seeming an experienced player. The best position for him would be right mildfielder.
If he is respected by injuries, surely he is going to domain world football during the next decade 2020-2030.
Real Madrid team has done a very good investment signing Martin Ødegaard, gaining the war to all the biggest teams of Europe.
Master_Goal
Master_Goal
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:40 pm

Thought I would bring this discussion back up. From the reports I have read, he seems to be doing really well.

With Isco and Asensio faltering this season, do you believe there is any chance Odegaard can work his way into the team?

Falls into the same dilemma as all the other CAMs that have come through the club as of late: James, Isco, Asensio etc. So, would he have a better chance dropping back as a creative midfielder, or pushing a bit more forward as a right sided inside forward?

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:47 pm

If Solari stays - absoltutely no.

I expect Isco and Asensio to go and I wonder about the kid they just brought in from city.

I’m not taking this personally, but you have to wonder why Real M. Can’t use a system that uses AMs!

Especially when our NT uses them so well. As far as width, in the case of the NT, that is provided by the laterals. And it is because of the NT, that Spain develops an abundance of AMs.

So in conclusion, I just find it frustrating in that 1. The team doesn’t utilize that position at all and secondly, why sign them in the first place?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:29 pm

Asensio isn't going anywhere.

He can play anywhere across the front line. He's pretty adaptable, I think.

Odegaard should come back.

Bale should definitely be leaving next season, there is a slot.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:41 pm

Odegaard won't cut it in Madrid, too slow and not enough end product to play a forward position. Might as well sell.

Asensio still has a darling status, he will stay for sure.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:21 pm

That was said about Higuain and Marcelo too i.e couldn't cut it. Knowing Madrid though, doubt he'll get the chance to prove he can't cut it.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:55 pm

Asensio may stay for another season, but it will be as a reserve!! He has blown his chance to be a starter and with the emergence of Vinicius and with Rodrygo coming next season, Asensio´s days are numbered (at Madrid).

I´m still frustrated though on this continual signing of AMs and the team not utilizing the AM position.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:58 pm

Doc wrote:That was said about Higuain and Marcelo too i.e couldn't cut it. Knowing Madrid though, doubt he'll get the chance to prove he can't cut it.
well he has to prove us wrong by being incredible. Madrid is cut throat and given his lack of end product he needs to wow us with his work rate and playmaking. Good luck with that
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:00 pm

Hindsight 20/20, but he would have gotten minutes had he fought to stay this season. Looking at how much Vinicius (among other Castilla/ youngsters) has played and how poorly Bale, Asensio and Isco have been, I don't think it's a stretch to say he could have had an opportunity similar to Vinicius (not that they would have played the same, just opportunity). Especially considering Solari was his previous Castilla manager and he got so many minutes there.

Obviously can't predict the future, but I still think Odegaard is a good player with plenty of potential. I really don't know how he gets into this team, but I feel that the loan system we have attempted with him and other young talents is just a stall until they are sold.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:02 pm

why did this kid go to madrid. this was the worst club in the world for him to join. had he joined dortmund he would have been class by now.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:06 pm

Because we paid him? hmm

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend