McLewis
Valkyrja
Freeza
B-Mac
Onyx
38 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

2015 Winter Transfer Rumours Mk. II - Page 3 Empty Re: 2015 Winter Transfer Rumours Mk. II

Post by Robespierre Wed 28 Jan 2015, 23:14

Chelsea wants to pay the Cuadrado 's clause , according Di Marzio.

Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

2015 Winter Transfer Rumours Mk. II - Page 3 Empty Re: 2015 Winter Transfer Rumours Mk. II

Post by Kick Thu 29 Jan 2015, 00:14

Robespierre wrote:Chelsea wants to pay the Cuadrado 's clause , according Di Marzio.

Proud
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu 29 Jan 2015, 03:16

salmano9 wrote:
McLewis wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:
McLewis wrote:Not sure yet. We made an offer of 2m up front to loan him with 8m more after that, but they appear to have rejected it. Bid was too low anyway so not surprised.

We're also in for Konoplyanka and Yarmolenko as well...again. Both cost around 14m.

I don't get it, you signed Destro for 16 million, he was great until he was benched so Totti started to play. Now you are selling him to get a player who is 4 years older, has expiring contract in 4 months and you are going to pay 10 million about him plus Shakhtar are asking more money... doesn't make sense to me.

I am sure whoever you sign will be benched so Totti can play. It looks like that from my side as a Juventino.

Garcia chooses Totti because he feels Totti offers more to our attack with his passing range and vision as well as his scoring ability. Destro offers great OTB movement and great positioning, but not much else at the moment unfortunately. That will work great with teams with better chance creation stats, but for Roma, who have been abysmal in that department, this has made Destro incompatible and Totti the better option.

I do think that if we sell Destro, we need to get Adriano if only to have a true striker in the team. Being able to switch between an trequartista like Totti who sits deep and links up play with midfield and a prima punta like Destro who gives our 4-3-3 it's more normal look can continue to cause confusion with the oppoosition, though admittedly quite a few are beginning to wise up to this tactic from Garcia.

Buying wingers when we're already good in that area of the pitch doesn't really help us and will only unsettle one of our current wingers. Not a good idea imo unless this is the intention from Walter and Co.

Devi, Juve should learn from Roma, to play club legends, not to throw them out of the team. Del Piero never returned back to JuveStadium after he was forced out.

The destro situation is funny lol... I have no idea why Roma wants to sell him. He is young, has potential, and I would rate him even better than Ciro Immobile. FFS he had an amazing goal to minutes played ratio last year after he came back from injury.

His minute-to-goal ratio is actually still very good this season as well, which makes his form extremely deceptive. Like I said, he makes the right runs and gets in the right position and even converts a decent amount of his chances, but his overall play actually hinders Roma more than it helps it despite the above. Weird situation indeed.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu 29 Jan 2015, 05:17

McLewis wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:
McLewis wrote:Not sure yet. We made an offer of 2m up front to loan him with 8m more after that, but they appear to have rejected it. Bid was too low anyway so not surprised.

We're also in for Konoplyanka and Yarmolenko as well...again. Both cost around 14m.

I don't get it, you signed Destro for 16 million, he was great until he was benched so Totti started to play. Now you are selling him to get a player who is 4 years older, has expiring contract in 4 months and you are going to pay 10 million about him plus Shakhtar are asking more money... doesn't make sense to me.

I am sure whoever you sign will be benched so Totti can play. It looks like that from my side as a Juventino.

Garcia chooses Totti because he feels Totti offers more to our attack with his passing range and vision as well as his scoring ability. Destro offers great OTB movement and great positioning, but not much else at the moment unfortunately. That will work great with teams with better chance creation stats, but for Roma, who have been abysmal in that department, this has made Destro incompatible and Totti the better option.

I do think that if we sell Destro, we need to get Adriano if only to have a true striker in the team. Being able to switch between an trequartista like Totti who sits deep and links up play with midfield and a prima punta like Destro who gives our 4-3-3 it's more normal look can continue to cause confusion with the oppoosition, though admittedly quite a few are beginning to wise up to this tactic from Garcia.

Buying wingers when we're already good in that area of the pitch doesn't really help us and will only unsettle one of our current wingers. Not a good idea imo unless this is the intention from Walter and Co.

4-2-3-1 could solve all of this problems. My point was that Andriano is not needed right now and for person who's contract is expiring in 5 months is expensive, keep Destro until the summer and then try to find better option .
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Thu 29 Jan 2015, 09:37

Destro is too slow and clumsy for Romas style. Personally I would play Gervinho - Ljalic - Itrube
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu 29 Jan 2015, 11:14

Dortmund will accept a bid of €50 million for Mats Hummels (Bild)

get in there Woodward Proud

done dealio
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu 29 Jan 2015, 11:19

flameas wrote:Destro is too slow and clumsy for Romas style. Personally I would play Gervinho - Ljalic - Itrube

Totti is slower than Destro though in terms of pace so that's not the issue.

Our play demands a high work rate from whoever plays in the middle of our attack. Totti knows this and has done well to help track back and drop deep. Destro keeps near the box and looks to get into good positions. Like I said, there's nothing wrong with that inherently, but it's incompatible with our style of play.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu 29 Jan 2015, 11:36

B-Mac wrote:Dortmund will accept a bid of €50 million for Mats Hummels (Bild)
BILD are always the first to speak with the dead bodies as we say in Germany ("BILD sprach zuerst mit dem Toten!")
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu 29 Jan 2015, 15:30

Real Madrid are ready to wait until 2016 to sign De Gea, which is when his contract expires at Man Utd, according to the Telegraph.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu 29 Jan 2015, 19:25

BILD Exclusive!: VfL Wolfsburg signs @Andre_Schuerrle from Chelsea FC for 30 million Euro.Contract until 2019!

Cuadrado signed for €33M+Salah loan
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu 29 Jan 2015, 19:59

It might be a good choice to leave Destro for another better than him , for a player goodest to play the ball ( basically this is his main criticism by Garcia , he doesn't like this sort of CFs. Totti can also build the game , or he prefers a false nueve than a static CF ) , but I don't realize the sense to give him away on loan with option to buy , now , in January , when 3 days missed at the end.
I appreciate enough Sabatini but he is rated sometimes as a wizard even when there are not reasons, and this deal and Iturbe overpriced testify it.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu 29 Jan 2015, 20:30

McLewis wrote:

They are both free agents in the summer. Neither is going to sign an extension either going by the reports.

Another 6 months and you can have both for free.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu 29 Jan 2015, 20:39

schuerrle is better than cuardado though...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Thu 29 Jan 2015, 20:40

Cheslea wasting money on players and end up on the bench. Cuadrado salah van ginkel etc...
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu 29 Jan 2015, 20:51

Wasting money? We'll make profit on Salah. Van Ginkel's problems are injury related. He was getting gametime before a 9 month knee injury.

We aren't spending £30m on a bench player either. Laughing
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu 29 Jan 2015, 20:56

sportsczy wrote:schuerrle is better than cuardado though...

Different players. Schurrle is fantastic but the best player in the League is currently occupying his favoured position. Schurrle is a natural born goalscorer and his movement is fantastic but he offers very little in possession.

Cuadrado on the other hand is the pure winger we've been looking for since Robben. He's extremely direct both on and off the ball and is a threat in transition. Don't know if you've noticed but this is perhaps the worst counter attacking team Mourinho has arguably ever had. Cuadrado offers us the threat of transition we've severely lacked while we also retain most of the qualities Willian offers the team.

Last edited by Gil on Thu 29 Jan 2015, 20:57; edited 1 time in total
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu 29 Jan 2015, 20:57

sportsczy wrote:schuerrle is better than cuardado though...

No he isn't, Schurrle is basically the German Pedro. If he isn't getting into positions for tap ins he's basically useless.

Cuardado is better at every Chelsea winger not named Hazard at dribbling, creating for himself and creating for others.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu 29 Jan 2015, 21:13

Nah, not just tap ins, he is a great finisher.

However whether he's worth breaking the bank for Wolfsburg is another question, if you consider his last good season was probably as a prospect at Mainz.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu 29 Jan 2015, 21:37

Disappointed that Chelsea got Cuadrado. For my money Cuadrado is one of the best wingers in the world, and is going to improve what is already the best and deepest squad in the league.

Sigh. Does Cuadrado playing for Fiorentina in the Europa league prevent him from participating in the CL for Chelsea?
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu 29 Jan 2015, 21:41

Hapless_Hans wrote:Nah, not just tap ins, he is a great finisher.

However whether he's worth breaking the bank for Wolfsburg is another question, if you consider his last good season was probably as a prospect at Mainz.

Well yeah suppose that was a bit extreme, point stands though if he's not getting into the position to score he's not providing all that much.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu 29 Jan 2015, 22:56

Paying 30 mio for Schürrle is a bit extreme IMO *smh*
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu 29 Jan 2015, 23:02

How is it extreme when that price isn't far off what we paid to get him from Bayer? Think people are starting to overrate the prices we sell players for now.

Schurrle is a German international, had a fantastic World Cup, just 24 so there's still a huge resale potential there and had 3+ years on his contract. Not that much of a fee considering the current market.

They've been begging for a proven goalscorer since Dzeko left and now they've finally gotten one.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu 29 Jan 2015, 23:46

My point is more that I don't think that André Schürrle is actually worth that money and I doubt the sanity of the Wolfsburg board. You know that this makes Schürrle the 3rd most expensive incoming transfer in the whole Bundesliga history? (Only Javi Martínez and Mario Götze were more expensive.)
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Fri 30 Jan 2015, 00:57

Are you still doubting lord Luke di Marzio now?

Anyway Wolfsburg needed to invest to cement their status as second best team in Germany and to try to close the gap with Buyern. Will be looking forward to see them and Schuerrle now.
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri 30 Jan 2015, 01:22

Katy Perry wrote:

Are you still doubting lord Luke di Marzio now?

Anyway Wolfsburg needed to invest to cement their status as second best team in Germany and to try to close the gap with Buyern. Will be looking forward to see them and Schuerrle now.

No, I'm really surprised. Although in fact it was a Daily Mail EXCLUSIVE too, 30m € to Wolfsburg lol, 2 weeks ago.

Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri 30 Jan 2015, 01:28

Gil wrote:How is it extreme when that price isn't far off what we paid to get him from Bayer? Think people are starting to overrate the prices we sell players for now.

Schurrle is a German international, had a fantastic World Cup, just 24 so there's still a huge resale potential there and had 3+ years on his contract. Not that much of a fee considering the current market.

They've been begging for a proven goalscorer since Dzeko left and now they've finally gotten one.

It's extreme for Wolfsburg, but guess it is a statement of intent too.
So good for them.

Problem is, Schürrle looks more or less like the new Podolski.
One breakout season with a small club propels him into NT, and he then performs much better in the NT than in his clubs ever since.
I think in his first few NT appearances, when he was still a youngster at Mainz, he scored almost every game, even when just subbed on for a few minutes.
Spectacular goals too. And yes, his WC was great too.

It's just that after he went to Leverkusen he was having bad spells already and his 'development' stalled, and unlike Podolski back then when he couldn't make it at Bayern, Schürrle has top competition for the NT.
So he was actually already out of the NT, without Reus' injury and a confidence advance from the Chelsea transfer he wouldn't have made it to the World Cup.
In fact I was surprised Chelsea bought him at that moment in time at all.

Hope he does well at Wolfsburg though, him and Lord Bendtner are already scaring the shit out of me Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next