CBarca
jibers
salmano9
76 posters

Page 8 of 24 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 24  Next

Go down

The Pogba War - Page 8 Empty Re: The Pogba War

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri May 01, 2015 6:57 am

Don't worry fussball. The transfer ban will save us. We can't sign this summer and Braida won't be around next winter.

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri May 01, 2015 7:00 am

farfan wrote:seems like disliking Pogba and not wanting him in your team is the new hipster thing to say .

hard to keep up with all these trends ffs .

Think Futbol seems to think that Pogba wouldn't be a good idea because of style of player he is and would prefer a Veratti type.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri May 01, 2015 7:04 am

Oh BTW they seem to be good friends, because he talked about Pogba doesn't mean they talked about him in terms of a transfer Laughing

This is the same shit as when they said PSGs owner was at a restaurant in Madrid so it means Ibra was going to Madrid. (rofl)

These people can go to places and discuss things with other people without actually always talking about transfers btw Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri May 01, 2015 7:04 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
farfan wrote:seems like disliking Pogba and not wanting him in your team is the new hipster thing to say .

Think Futbol seems to think that Pogba wouldn't be a good idea because of style of player he is and would prefer a Veratti type.

think Fußball is taking preemptive posturing measures because he fears Pogba will end up somewhere else, while simultaneously trying to throw in some jinxing to steer him to Barca.

Intelligent strategy imo.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri May 01, 2015 7:07 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Oh BTW they seem to be good friends, because he talked about Pogba doesn't mean they talked about him in terms of a transfer Laughing

"We like Pogba, we like him a lot. But that's needless to say. All the big clubs like a champion such as Pogba," Braida told Tuttosport.

"Marotta is a friend of mine and we talk about a lot of things. We have also discussed Pogba.

"He is still young, but already shows things of the highest level. It would be a hugely important operation for Barcelona, a very interesting one.

"Our situation is complicated, though. We can not register any new players until 2016 because of the Fifa sanction.

"It could be an option to agree terms for a transfer in 2016. That's one of the potential options.

"It also depends on what Luis Enrique and what the board at Barcelona want. I am waiting for the green light from the club. Until then, I am working on it and sowing the seeds."
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri May 01, 2015 7:09 am

That maybe but that doesn't mean they particularly discussed Pogba transfer at the wedding. Discussing Pogba could be mean anything lol, they could just as easily be talking about him as a player like most friends do when they talk football.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri May 01, 2015 7:15 am

I don't think anyone seriously suggested that becuase they talked about him that means we are definitely signing him. You're jumping the gun.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri May 01, 2015 7:16 am

Yeah.Its just that there is definitive interest from Barca and PSG right now.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri May 01, 2015 7:40 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:

think Fußball is taking preemptive posturing measures because he fears Pogba will end up somewhere else, while simultaneously trying to throw in some jinxing to steer him to Barca.

Intelligent strategy imo.

No, Mole is right. I seriously don't rate the player that highly and even less so for Barca. Maybe he would improve Barca, I mean having Pogba >>> having no addition but close to € 100M? Go away. This Barca doesn't need another skill player who is good at long range goals and fancy footwork. This Barca needs a proper central midfielder who distributes the ball and dictates play in midfield like Verratti or Gündogan (at his best) would do. Pogba is top 10 most dispossessed player in Europe. He is more dispossessed than Di freaking Maria who is a headless chicken winger. Add to that he is playing in Serie zZzZzZ that isn't even known for its high pressing, fast paced football where Klose, Totti and Seydou Keita are still ballin'. I don't care if he impresses there. What happened to € 50M Cuadrado? Does he make the Chelsea squad by now?

This has Ibrahimovic/Bale of midfielders written all over it. I GENUINENLY don't want him. Fartomeu can piss off with his election campaign based on Pogba.

#saveusoilmoney #saveuspsg #saveusuncleflo #saveusabramovic #saveuslaporta

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon May 04, 2015 6:04 am

Juventus just celebrated winning their fourth scudetto and are getting ready to face Real Madrid in the Champions League semifinals, but Pogba's future remains a hot topic. Juventus' executive director Pogba discussed the French midfielder's future in an interview to Radio Anch'Io Sport:"He's the best young player in world football, it's obvious he attracts the interest of top clubs, but Juventus is also one of them. We aren't used to selling, except some rare exceptions in the past. The player himself never said he wants to leave Juve, there aren't the conditions for him to do so"

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/calciomercato/juventus-marottapogba-its-obvious-everyone-wants-him-but-he-never-said-he-wants-to-leave/
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon May 04, 2015 10:20 am

Is Pogba really in the top 10 most dispossessed player in Europe? I genuinely find that hard to believe and/or very misleading.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon May 04, 2015 10:24 am

Stats gonna stats.Whoscored and other sites have destroyed the credibility of midfielders with some rather redundant stat measuring.
Stats should only be used when comparing/reviewing attackers as far as i'm concerned.
Also West Indies were awesome yesterday Doc.Congrats Smile
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon May 04, 2015 10:32 am

The most important part of that stat is that Messi is the most disposessed player in Europe
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon May 04, 2015 10:36 am

halamadrid2 wrote:The most important part of that stat is that Messi is the most disposessed player in Europe

Who cares. SMH. Football has become to americanised. DO you know how many times R=Dinho was dispossessed a game? Or even Maradona? Means utter nonsense if you do not watch games.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon May 04, 2015 10:38 am

S wrote:Stats gonna stats.Whoscored and other sites have destroyed the credibility of midfielders with some rather redundant stat measuring.
Stats should only be used when comparing/reviewing attackers as far as i'm concerned.
Also West Indies were awesome yesterday Doc.Congrats Smile

We rarely, and I mean rarely get much to cheer about so that win really gave most of us happy Mondays. After the pack of sh1t Bravo did in the 1st innings, he actually showed up in the 2nd.

Anyway, back on topic, as an official representative of Real madrid, we neither accept nor deny such allegations we are still interested in Pobga. We do know Khedira's and Illarra's numbers would be free up this summer.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon May 04, 2015 10:39 am

halamadrid2 wrote:The most important part of that stat is that Messi is the most disposessed player in Europe
no way. messi cant get dispossessed more than welbeck.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon May 04, 2015 10:53 am

Of course he does, he probably touches the ball 3 times as often during a game, if not more.

I obviously agree with the sentiment about stats, but I will say that you never want a midfielder being a highly dispossessed player.

Though more important than how often someone is dispossessed is where they are, how they are and why they were.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon May 04, 2015 10:55 am

Doc wrote:Is Pogba really in the top 10 most dispossessed player in Europe? I genuinely find that hard to believe and/or very misleading.

Yes. He is:

The Pogba War - Page 8 Fzx8go4m

No, he isn't. No idea why you made that statement.

"Stats gonna stats" if you, for example, take assists stats and make the conclusion that great assist numbers = GOAT midfielder (Fraudbregas can confirm). But when a midfielder is top 10 most dispossessed players in Europe - which ofc doesn't mean he is generally shit if you think I'm saying this - then questions should be asked if he is the type of player that Barcelona needs in a central midfield role. As I said before, if he were to come alongside a player like Verratti to succeed Iniesta and play in a more advanced midfield role I wouldn't complain. Alongside Iniesta however I don't see how this will work. We already have problems as it is to control games sometimes with Rakitic who is also more of an attacking midfielder but at least Rakitic adapted to a more conservative role while Pogba is much more of a skill player who wants to shoot and dribble.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon May 04, 2015 10:59 am

I thought some of the stuff I read on here was nothing more than a wind up. but tbh. the more I see the more I wonder how many people understand football.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon May 04, 2015 11:00 am

jibers wrote:

Who cares. SMH. Football has become to americanised. DO you know how many times R=Dinho was dispossessed a game? Or even Maradona? Means utter nonsense if you do not watch games.

I do like some American sports ( which is very apparent) but the stats part is so *bleep* annoying and i agree completely tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon May 04, 2015 11:06 am

remember when people didn't even count assists ? Laughing

goals and possession were pretty much the only available stats .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon May 04, 2015 11:07 am

While i understand Futbol's thought process, i do question the logic considering Rakitic is there right now and arguably Pogba much more suited to that role than Rakitic is he's actually a box to box midfielder.

I'd also argue it's not about Veratti or Pogba, but both they arguably need to replace both Xavi and Iniesta ( unless Iniesta's recent form actually continues ) not that they will get either of them but their midfield does need a significant overhaul.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon May 04, 2015 11:08 am

farfan wrote:remember when people didn't even count  assists ? Laughing

that's the most misleading stat in world football.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon May 04, 2015 11:09 am

MR BOND wrote:

Agreed especially when you consider an assist can be give the ball to best player on half way line he pasts 6 players and scores Laughing

Dat assist.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon May 04, 2015 11:23 am

You can't completely discount stats. Harmonica Some people take it too far, cherrypick, bend them etc. but it doesn't mean statistics are useless in football. Take a look at this:

http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/206/Tournaments/4/Seasons/5435/Stages/11363/TeamStatistics/Spain-La-Liga-2014-2015

It's the league position of the La Liga teams only calculated by players stats. It's amazingly accurate. According to stats only and nothing else, the league table would be:

1. Barca
2. Real
3. Atletico
4. Valencia
5. Sevilla
6. Villarreal
7. Celta Vigo
8. Real Sociedad
9. Athletic Bilbao
10. Espanyol

Compared with the real table it has the top 6 positions nailed on perfectly as well as Celta, Espanyol and Athletic Bilbao ranked in the top 10 like in reality albeit in slightly different positions.

Similarly it ranks the top 5 players in La Liga as follows:

1. Messi
2. Ronaldo
3. Neymar
4. James
5. Suarez

Which again isn't far off reality. It also nails Barca, Bayern and Madrid as the top 3 teams in Europe.

The algorithm isn't perfect and will yield some weird results at times but it isn't completely crap either.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon May 04, 2015 11:27 am

MR BOND wrote:

Agreed especially when you consider an assist can be give the ball to best player on half way line he pasts 6 players and scores Laughing

Dat assist.
also you could have a wide player put 10 chances on a plate for a striker like welbeck. if he don't score. it looks like no assists. eco smile
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 24 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 24  Next