jibers
salmano9
76 posters

Page 15 of 24 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19 ... 24  Next

Go down

The Pogba War - Page 15 Empty Re: The Pogba War

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:49 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Glory wrote:Please make it happen. Go Uncle Flah!! I'm firmly behind team mehdrid in this one for a change. Kid is legit. 120 mil. Pay it. Get it done asap/ffs. bounce

You're only saying this because he'd likely end up with City otherwise Laughing

Man. And here I was convinced for years that Pogba to PSG was a done dealiaux Sad Sad

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:55 pm

After the way the French media have treated him recently.... no chance he wants to come back here. French players are treated like crap. Foreign players are treated very well however.

Just how it is.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:57 pm

sportsczy wrote:After the way the French media have treated him recently.... no chance he wants to come back here. French black players are treated like crap. Foreign players are treated very well however.

Just how it is.

Fixed
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:01 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Glory wrote:Please make it happen. Go Uncle Flah!! I'm firmly behind team mehdrid in this one for a change. Kid is legit. 120 mil. Pay it. Get it done asap/ffs. bounce

You're only saying this because he'd likely end up with City otherwise Laughing

Bravo! cheers
Not just that btw. Thats only ONE of the 5 or so reasons I have. The other prominent ones include.

1.No prodigal son returning scenario for certain. He wont play for us again. Better fellow United fans get used to that reality, its better for them and their health.
2.1. Will quite possibly  push one of madrid's cms out, and we in theory will have a shot at that player. Now whether I want that mercenary or not, its another thing.
2.2 Madrid wont go for Kante and we will have a fair shot at him (if no big CL clubs are interested that is). Now give me Kante and I will buy a T shirt with Woodweird's face on it and wear it (wont call him woodweird too from that day onwards, and will address him by his proper name Smile ). Kante over Pogba any day.
2.3. Real paying 120 mil for this overhyped highlights reel player will be fun in itself. He will improve them though and his potential is kinda scary tbh.
3. Juve wont have him. They will be 120 mil richer nevertheless. But the idea of him not playing for them anymore will be a relief at least and at last.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:05 pm

Glory wrote:Juve wont have him. They will be 120 mil richer nevertheless. But the idea of him not playing for them anymore will be a relief at least and at last.

Except absolutely nothing has taken place. There's zero negotiations. Its just Raiola opening his big fat mouth as he does every year. (and likely lying as he always does)

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:12 pm

They've met S...  a couple of times.  Preliminary talks but confirmed ones with Jose Angel Sanchez, who is Flo's right hand man and starts negotiations for all the signings.  

Until now, Raiola had flatly denied that Pogba was fielding offers from any other teams.  Now, he's saying that 3 teams have contacted him and that Pogba is interested.  He's just making sure all the bidders are aware that there's an active market for his player.  Doing his job tbh.  Massive payday for both him and Pogba.

The fact that he clearly stated Pogba's interest in Real Madrid and names Jose Angel Sanchez as the contact person in the Marca interview today...  you don't need a phd to connect the dots.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:17 pm

Ok we'll see. I dont want to act like he's already gone nor would i be too bothered if he leaves this summer but i am really really not convinced it is happening this year. I am actually more confident of this not happening this season as compared to last season.

No need to mention multiple clubs. He talks to clubs every year, its part of his job. The only real option is Madrid otherwise he stays.

Anyhow, if we make another big move in the market, then i might be just be convinced.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:22 pm

Just wait for the Euros to get over brah. If they arent interested right now, they will be after seeing France's 2 more matches. Commentators will make sure of that. Laughing dose praises and hype they are giving the lad. Proud

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:28 pm

Only reason i want him to stay is his marketing appeal.  He is top 5-6 right now imo in terms of marketing appeal so that would benefit the club hugely otherwise not so bothered personally as this was always going to happen. I'm sure we will reinforce well and make our team better and more complete than what it already is with the money.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:50 pm

pogba is not worth the money he will cost. if madrid pay 100mil for him how many more goals will madrid score next season. or will they concede a lot less. the guy is a very good player but if you pay 100mil for one player you would expect to see him do what naymar surarez messi or Ronaldo does. if someone said to me Liverpool can have pogba or give klopp 100mil on top of the budget he has I would say give klopp the money.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:50 pm

I think the purchase of Pjanic was a telling sign.  He's a CAM... with Dybala creating too, there isn't much room for Pogba anymore.  Pogba would be severely limited at Juve.  Even with France where you have Payet, Pogba is limited some. I'm assuming you're not going to make Pjanic into a B2B on the right side, which would be dumb tbh. It's like Madrid asking Isco or James to become B2Bs.

There's a reason he looked so good yesterday when he was the creative leader of the team on the attack playing on the left.  Pogba finally got into positions he was accustomed to at Juve.   You don't want him to play a ton in your own half or even too close to the center circle...  he takes a lot of chances with the ball.  In the attacking 1/3, it's fantastic.  Anywhere else, it's too much risk for the potential reward.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:56 pm

We're still actively pursuing Andre Gomes so if we purchase him, then that would be the big indication imo, not Pjanic.

Pjanic is not a traditional AM even if he could play there. He will used across various positions in midfield not just AM. Both him and Pogba can perfectly co-exist if you ask me.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:56 pm

You guys do understand that age plays a MASSIVE role in the fee, right? Resell value. Pogba is 23. If you model his value over 5 years, he would still be in his prime at the end of his contract and have a huge value if you were to sell then. If he was 26 or older, he'd be well over 30 and have very little resell value.

That's how you figure out what a player is worth... you model the player over his contract term annually and put a terminal value at the end... then you net present value all the anticipated cash flows.

It's finance... it's not some subjective figure.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:03 pm

IF Pogba goes then most of the money goes straight to PSG for Verratti, it is known :coffee:

Pjanic Marchisio Verratti

Sturaro Lemina Khedira

rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:04 pm

rincon wrote:IF Pogba goes then most of the money goes straight to PSG for Verratti, it is known :coffee:

Sturaro Lemina Khedira

Not a chance in hell that is happening.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:08 pm

sports, please don't try to justify his insane price tag, which by the way only him and his agent seem to be thinking he's worth it.

There are only two players in the world who should be worth that much, prime Ronaldo and prime Messi.

I don't care how young Pogba is, his talent and impact aren't even worth half that sum.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:13 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:sports, please don't try to justify his insane price tag, which by the way only him and his agent seem to be thinking he's worth it.

There are only two players in the world who should be worth that much, prime Ronaldo and prime Messi.

I don't care how young Pogba is, his talent and impact aren't even worth half that sum.

You really do not understand how the market works.

Pogba without all the marketing hype behind him would go for some 40-50M less but its because that he is such a huge shirt seller, hugely marketable player is what drives up his value. Real Madrid love these type of signings. You should know better about your club.

Neymar costed Barca an insane sum for precisely the same reason even though he came from Brazil, not as some established star.

Last edited by S on Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:13 pm

S wrote:
rincon wrote:IF Pogba goes then most of the money goes straight to PSG for Verratti, it is known :coffee:

Sturaro Lemina Khedira

I know Sad
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:15 pm

rincon wrote:
S wrote:

Sturaro Lemina Khedira

I know Sad

What we're likely to see if he leaves,

Marchisio
Khedira------Gomes
Pjanic
Dybala-Top CF*/Mandzukic(*if not, just keeping Morata)

imo
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:16 pm

Also, if you think he won't go to France because he'd be criticized, then you certainly don't know Madrid. He'd be ripped to smithereens week in and week out with criticism. Real Madrid is the most ruthless club in the world, I'm not saying this as a fan, but more like a general observation. He'd be whistled and scapegoated at times and he won't be handed the understanding and patience he's enjoying at Juventus.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:18 pm

S, I completely understand what you're trying to say. But be that as it may, 120m is too much for him.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:19 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:S, I completely understand what you're trying to say. But be that as it may, 120m is too much for him.

That is for Real Madrid to decide. A player is worth what a club is willing to pay.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:20 pm

S wrote:
rincon wrote:
S wrote:

I know Sad

Marchisio
Khedira------Gomes
Pjanic

imo

I dont think we will go with 4 mids after selling Pogba. Marchisio is injured right now and Khedira only plays 20 games a season. We need to keep players fresh.

Khedira Marchisio Pjanic

CM Marchisio Pjanic

depending on who we get for CM, like Gomes, etc.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:23 pm

rincon wrote:
S wrote:
rincon wrote:

I know Sad

Marchisio
Khedira------Gomes
Pjanic

imo

I dont think we will go with 4 mids after selling Pogba. Marchisio is injured right now and Khedira only plays 20 games a season. We need to keep players fresh.

Khedira Marchisio Pjanic

CM Marchisio Pjanic

depending on who we get for CM, like Gomes, etc.

I agree but i see us fielding a diamond in big CL games for example.

But yeah, more or less we'll stick with the 3-5-2 at least for Serie A.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:39 pm

S wrote:
The Demon of Carthage wrote:S, I completely understand what you're trying to say. But be that as it may, 120m is too much for him.

That is for Real Madrid to decide. A player is worth what a club is willing to pay.

A player's worth and value are two different things

Pogba would have to cure cancer to be worth 120M, let's be real
Great player, very talented, very popular and young but nowhere, and I mean nowhere, near a 120M player

But I'm also speaking in real terms, not the football manager that's being played in modern football

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:14 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:Also, if you think he won't go to France because he'd be criticized, then you certainly don't know Madrid. He'd be ripped to smithereens week in and week out with criticism. Real Madrid is the most ruthless club in the world, I'm not saying this as a fan, but more like a general observation. He'd be whistled and scapegoated at times and he won't be handed the understanding and patience he's enjoying at Juventus.

He's not being criticized in France because of his play...  he's criticized because French people are jealous of other French people's success.  It's a disease here.  Whenever a French person becomes successful, they go out of their way to turn him down.

One of the big reasons Sarkozy didn't get elected was that he was too bling for France...  beautiful wife and wealthy.  It's a no no here strangely.  Most places would celebrate a guy like that and want him to run the country BECAUSE he succeeded in life.

In Madrid, the pressure is about performance.  No problem for Pogba there.  He had the same pressure at Juve, which is the equivalent of Real Madrid in Italy.  His play has been under the microscope for years.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 24 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19 ... 24  Next