Kick
dostoevsky
Kaladin
Forza
Dante
47 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Mercato Rossonero: Milan Transfer Activity Inside Out - Page 29 Empty Re: Mercato Rossonero: Milan Transfer Activity Inside Out

Post by Rossonero23 Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:33 am

0 reinforcements makes cl football basically impossible.

thanks galliani

Rossonero23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Mercato Rossonero: Milan Transfer Activity Inside Out - Page 29 Empty Re: Mercato Rossonero: Milan Transfer Activity Inside Out

Post by Cookie Monster Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:29 am

Who could he have realistically gotten in January who would actually be a significant step up to the players we already have?

Rather no players than more scrubs that add nothing to the team while increasing the wage bill.
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:53 am

Come on, there are plenty of players, its just the question of funds. Witsel, Benaga, Vasquez, Candreva, even El Ghazi. All would've improved us and were theoretically obtainable of we spent money.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:08 am

El Ghazi is a scrub, wouldn't have improved you at all.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:43 am

Rossonero23 wrote:0 reinforcements makes cl football basically impossible.

thanks galliani

Rossonero23 Proud

nice to see you around here

I disagree with this , though ; CL was impossible regardless of the transfer market we could have. Knowing it's just January , no realistic expectations could be had , so i am at least glad we didn't get more fodder , in fact we even lost some.

Cookie Monster wrote:Who could he have realistically gotten in January who would actually be a significant step up to the players we already have?

Rather no players than more scrubs that add nothing to the team while increasing the wage bill.

Hmm , that's a tough question . Realistically speaking , i agree , no one. There were players .. wouldn't be worth it , agree with the 2nd part .

Cruijf wrote:Come on, there are plenty of players, its just the question of funds. Witsel, Benaga, Vasquez, Candreva, even El Ghazi. All would've improved us and were theoretically obtainable of we spent money.

If we spent money . We know very well Galliani wanted to sell some players first to raise funds , because there actually weren't any for transfers. Banega wouldn't leave in January and he has a clause which will automatically renew his contract if he makes a number of appearances , so he wasn't really an option unless we wanted to spend a ridiculous sum for him with 6 months left on his contract.

Ajax wouldn't sell in January like they said , only in June. Once again , they would only part with him for a funny price in January . A price we would never pay.

Witsel , Candreva and Vazquez , each of them would cost us the least 30m . We could have spent this January , and 30m wouldn't be the case for all the transfers involved , let alone one of them. Really , you can look at this from any angle . It's actually good we didn't sign anyone , simply because we weren't pragmatically getting anyone who would have made a difference .

Kick wrote:El Ghazi is a scrub, wouldn't have improved you at all.

Well i don't have the complete picture , but yes i don't like him either , from what i've seen . Can't deny i wouldn't have liked someone else than Honda on the RW , but i fully agree he wouldn't have improved us at all . He would have been yet another Suso signing like last January , pretty much .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:10 pm

http://www.affaritaliani.it/sport/milan-mr-bee-non-trova-i-soldi-game-over-405384.html

My Italian is non existent but surely game over can mean only one thing ?

Glad this is behind us .

We can now continue being mid-table for the next 10 years at ease .

Can't wait for Pavoletti smoking
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:27 pm

That is distressing news, especially since LaRepubblica has been on this saga since the very beginning. Still, i'm holding out for a glimmer of hope, however non-existent it may be Laughing

Guess Cigarini will finally come smoking
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Diavolo Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:56 pm

Zamparini on Vazquez and Galliani's 'antics':

"I'm going to be talking about Vazquez in May or June," Zamparini told milannews.it. "I'd be delighted to sell him to Milan, but the important thing is that Galliani doesn't get up to any of his antics because it was his antics which lost him Dybala. Without those antics, Dybala was his."

Zamparini expects to sell midfield star Vazquez for €30 million, and he revealed there is interest from other clubs in the Italy international.

"That's the sum we are looking at, which is fair considering the market," Zamparini said. "When Milan are interested, they will ask me for him. At the moment, the Rossoneri have not asked me, but other clubs have.

"But Galliani once told me that they were still interested, three or four months ago, so let's see what happens.

"Obviously if he does want to reserve him, he's going to have to speak with me and not the newspapers."
Il Diavolo
Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookie Monster Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:29 pm

Cruijf wrote:Come on, there are plenty of players, its just the question of funds. Witsel, Benaga, Vasquez, Candreva, even El Ghazi. All would've improved us and were theoretically obtainable of we spent money.

With Zenit moving onto the next stage of the CL, no way Witsel was going anywhere, impossible.

The same Vasquez who Zamparini wants 30m for? No. Plus he wouldn't be much of an improvement on Menez who would do just as well as Vasques as an SS.

El Ghazi is a 20 year old coming out of the Dutch league...How did a big team move work for the last star coming out of that league? And Depay had shown much more than Ghazi has. Even if he miraculously adapted as soon as he got here, he would far from add anything to the team at this point.

There was no indication that Candreva would move. Banega is the only one that might have been realistic.
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:39 am

Milan are ready to offer 15m for Pavoletti [@CarloLaudisa]

Laughing :facepalm: Crying or Very sad
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:55 pm

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/eng/beijing-of-zaccheroni-offer-for-luiz-adriano-its-no-from-milan/
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:25 pm

El Ghazi is Milan's primary transfer target for the summer transfer window [Sky].

No idea how he'll fit in, i'm pretty sure Berlu force with an iron hand the 4-3-1-2, even with it takes a coach being sacked.

Anyways, everytime i read what people say about this kid its always negative. Seems like he's another Depay. hmm
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:47 am

ES your sigs are always just rofl

As for El Ghazi , personally i am not sold . Then again , i wouldn't necessarily say no to a young player , it's just El Ghazi doesn't really strike me as someone who would raise the level of our play instantly .

I think he would struggle in Serie A , for a time at least . Like i said i barely have the complete picture here , but just from highlights alone i can tell , having watched so much Serie A , he would barely find the space and time afforded in the Eredevisie in Italy. So i am not sure how he would do at Milan , i sure have doubts if he's to be used within 4-4-2.

In fact , i honestly prefer to just have Suso back. He needed games we couldn't afford him and Genoa is providing it so far and it doesn't look like it's going to stop . Early to say , tbh he would do well to stay a full season at Genoa , but by all means i would very much have him instead of El Ghazi , a player who we know his best come in 4-3-3 , as he is a wide forward and not a wide midfielder that we ideally need . That's my 2 cents tbh , but leave it to Galliani to buy yet another player that doesn't suit the team as it is .

As for the 4-3-1-2 .. it may be like that who knows , however if it's just about the attacking midfielder , we'll just play 4-2-3-1 , we don't need to start from scratch just for an attacking midfielder .

Frankly , either 4-4-2 , 4-4-1-1 or 4-2-3-1 , only real difference is the player next to Bacca , becomes behind Bacca . If we could get a solid 10 i think it's going to be 4-2-3-1 for us , at least as far as Mihajlovic is around and pretty much regardless of what happens with El Ghazi.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossonero23 Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:05 pm

Dante wrote:http://www.affaritaliani.it/sport/milan-mr-bee-non-trova-i-soldi-game-over-405384.html

My Italian is non existent but surely game over can mean only one thing ?

Glad this is behind us .

We can now continue being mid-table for the next 10 years at ease .

Can't wait for Pavoletti smoking

it's best that we accept we won't be title contenders for a long time.Smile with no $$$, we'll go back to only signing bosman rejects.Very Happy
Rossonero23
Rossonero23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Diavolo Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:41 pm

At this point the more important thing over a buyout would be a change in management. If we can start a strong focus on developing our own players and get a good scouting network going, we don't need to spend millions. There has been more focus on the youth department in recent years and we are seeing the results.

I think this is a good thing. Would much rather Milan follow a Napoli / Dortmund model than a Chelsea / Man City one.

Unfortunately though, doesn't look like Galliani is moving on any time soon.
Il Diavolo
Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:50 am

Only way there will be change in management , both in faces and way things are done , is by and through a buyout . Galliani is like 90% of our scouting network right now , probably more than that . Even worse , he's the source of the vast majority of our transfers in any case . We have say Serginho in Brazil ; only brought Gabriel . Why?

Because that's the only recommendation Galliani agreed to facilitate from Serginho , the one with the slightest chance of affecting the team , for good or for worse. It doesn't really matter how good a scouting network we could develop , for as long as this man is in charge of it all , you can be sure depressingly little of it will ever come to fruition .

Like , you don't even have to take an educated guess about this. Not Serginho , any random fan could recommend you players from Brazil ; there's absolutely 0% chance Serginho all this time had 1 Gabriel to recommend . Right at 0% . It's Galliani who just doesn't listen and i guess this repeats itself with 99% of our scouts elsewhere . All 2-3 of them.

Instead you have Galliani always spending a good amount of the budget on Genoa players , keeping his buddy Preziosi afloat each year . Or getting Raiola's scrubs when he can't get them contracts anywhere else. Do you honestly think there will be any change without a buyout ? We could hire Porto's entire scouting network , Galliani would still reject the vast majority of recommendations . That's what scouters do , they only recommend players. It's the sporting director , usually along with the coach who will agree on players . In our case it's mainly Galliani . Hence why our scouting network is really Genoa's scouting network .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:11 am

http://www.football-italia.net/79691/milan-balo-out-pavoletti

Galliani obviously is fixated on Pavoletti , like i said some days back , say goodbye to Luiz Adriano and at least one of Balotelli / Niang in the summer . Probably both if we receive a really good offer for Niang .

I was barely joking a few days ago , Pavoletti is going to happen , you just know it's the most Galliani thing to do , money or no money . You don't know what to do ?? Buy from Genoa . Again , and again. And again .

I am literally disgusted with Galliani . More than 2/3 of transfers , it will either be one of Raiola's agents , free agents , or buy from Genoa . That's literally it ffs . Even Bacca was initially Ancelotti's recommendation who wanted him at Real . Even so , Bacca only happened because Martinez rejected us , we were literally that lucky . One can hardly credit Galliani for Bacca by all means . Romagnoli was Mihajlovic's demand too . Galliani himself would hardly insist or even bother with that price tag he had. Lol does anyone here believe he even knew who Romagnoli was ?? There wasn't a single rumor about Milan-Romagnoli pre-Mihajlovic . Not one. Tells you everything you need to know .

What was really Galliani's ? Luiz Adriano , for 8m and 3.5m wages with 6 months left on his contract , obviously he was on his free agents list but with funds he just went for it hard. We needed midfielders , what does he do ? Go for the annual Genoa players , Kucka and Bertolacci for 23m , right. It's simply disgusting , i struggle for words .

It does not matter if we have money or not . If we have a good scouting network or not. As long as Galliani is in charge , you just have to expect incompetence  .

Pavoletti is going to be our player this summer , for me that's 100% certain . I wonder who the other Genoa player is going to be , no way he only gets one. Suso doesn't count .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:04 pm

The guy doesn't know how to negotiate, going and activating 4 release clauses of players, 1 of whom was going to have his contract expire in 6 months and suddenly he's a transfer guru

*sigh* not like complaining is gonna change anything, feels like purgatory..
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Diavolo Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:35 pm

To play the devil's advocate, the Genoa relationship hasn't been the worst thing in the world. We got Antonelli and Kucka for next to nothing and they have been doing really well.

Also Genoa played a big part in Niang's resurgence. He probably would've moved on otherwise. Suso has been doing well as well, though it's too early to say anything for him right now.

They also took Cerci off of our hands. Which I couldn't be more grateful for.

I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing to have a relationship with a club like this. In a way they act like an AC Milan B.

That said, there is no question about Galliani's mismanagement. And I agree with Dante, that a buyout seems like the only way we can get rid of Galliani as well, since Berlusconi will stick with him until his last breath.

I don't get why he doesn't just *bleep* retire and go live on an island or some shit. You have been doing this for like 30 years. Move on Adriano.
Il Diavolo
Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:49 am

Well Galliani did resign a couple of years ago with Maldini ready to replace him. It was almost confirmed until Berlusconi intervened and persuade him to desist.
I'm not sure when he'll leave Milan. Probably he'll be there for a while, for as long as Silvio is there most likely.

Also, yea, it's clear that Galliani finds carnal pleasure to make business with Genoa.
For instance, when Genoa bought KVP from Portsmouth and Milan bought him from Genoa in the same transfer window a few weeks later without him playing any games for double the price Proud

I guess this relationship has some pros, like if Genoa actually has a gem Milan would be in a more favorable position than the other contenders, and if Milan wants to offload an undesired player they will be glad to pick him up. But yea relying on buying their players as a primary source to improve the team get back to CL football is far fetched and flat out incompetent.
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:39 am

Il Diavolo wrote:To play the devil's advocate, the Genoa relationship hasn't been the worst thing in the world. We got Antonelli and Kucka for next to nothing and they have been doing really well.

Also Genoa played a big part in Niang's resurgence. He probably would've moved on otherwise. Suso has been doing well as well, though it's too early to say anything for him right now.

They also took Cerci off of our hands. Which I couldn't be more grateful for.

I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing to have a relationship with a club like this. In a way they act like an AC Milan B.

That said, there is no question about Galliani's mismanagement. And I agree with Dante, that a buyout seems like the only way we can get rid of Galliani as well, since Berlusconi will stick with him until his last breath.

I don't get why he doesn't just *bleep* retire and go live on an island or some shit. You have been doing this for like 30 years. Move on Adriano.

Of course , it's not all negatives . The question is , do the positives outweigh the negatives ? Is this the best we could really do after all , focus so much on Genoa material ? Obviously not , but Galliani would tell us what he told Zamparini once , "he lacks the means these days". But even this , his final defense , said argument was well buried in the summer .

Right , Galliani must be making some money from all these Genoa deals , i don't know how he does it and i can't prove it , but this particular relationship is something i've yet to see elsewhere in football . Clubs and officials maintain good relationships too , but nothing of such extend .

And let's not forget the most hilarious thing in this Galliani-Preziosi relationship. Passed on both Milito and Motta for them to sign for Inter rofl And like ok , we didn't need Motta really . But Milito ? Nah , no need , keep Borriello as your main 9 and buy Huntelaar because big name .

rofl

I think missing on these two / likely Milito , had a profound effect on Galliani , i've come to believe he was likely offered these players and passed . Before that was what , just Borriello ? I don't remember any other deal prior to Borriello and he was a relatively known quantity , he was with us in 03-04 , also was doing well in 07-08. Right , next summer Inter signs these two , goes on to rekt us domestically , especially Milito , and also win the CL . Galliani then proceeds to work very closely with Preziosi almost in every transfer window , i wonder why Proud

At least he had the common sense to sign El Shaarawy , even for 18m . That's literally the best thing that ever came from all of this . Because for almost every Antonelli , there's a Constant to go with it .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:01 am

Katy Perry wrote:Well Galliani did resign a couple of years ago with Maldini ready to replace him. It was almost confirmed until Berlusconi intervened and persuade him to desist.
I'm not sure when he'll leave Milan. Probably he'll be there for a while, for as long as Silvio is there most likely.

Also, yea, it's clear that Galliani finds carnal pleasure to make business with Genoa.
For instance, when Genoa bought KVP from Portsmouth and Milan bought him from Genoa in the same transfer window a few weeks later without him playing any games for double the price Proud

I guess this relationship has some pros, like if Genoa actually has a gem Milan would be in a more favorable position than the other contenders, and if Milan wants to offload an undesired player they will be glad to pick him up. But yea relying on buying their players as a primary source to improve the team get back to CL football is far fetched and flat out incompetent.

It was confirmed back when this sharade ended that he would stay at Milan as long as he wanted , and only as far as Berlusconi was in charge . Truth is , despite the rightful criticism , he has the right to have a monstrous ego . I remember saying this back then , even when i wanted to , you can't really expect him to be 2nd to anyone else other than Berlusconi at Milan . So yes , unless health forces him  , he will leave when Silvio does .

For Boateng , well nobody cared back then tbh , it wasn't that much anyway . Besides , iirc there were reports this happened , apparently , because Portsmouth asked a lot from Milan months prior , hence the scheme with Genoa . Or , could it be the difference ended in his pocket and Preziosi's , i wonder rofl

2nd part of what you said has already happened , with El Shaarawy for example . Everyone wanted him but we got him , mostly thanks to Galliani-Preziosi . Didn't come cheap of course , but we were in front . Finally i agree you can't compete with so much Genoa material , it's frankly ridiculous it goes on to this extend even today. It's not just incompetent , Galliani is fully delusional , i mean even Barbara with a shred of football experience compared to Galliani and she realizes our target is only EL , and Galliani still believes in 3rd place rofl

And here i am given the opportunity to comment on something , very briefly ; no one ever set out to build a 3rd place team and succeeded . You set out to build a league winning team and worst case scenario will be a 3rd place finish. If you set out for 3rd... yeah that's something only us and Inter invented , just to excuse our incompetency Laughing

For example , you see Roma , they are trying to build a team that will win the league and they have players that came close. It will be them who will finish 3rd , even if they obviously don't have a chance to win the league .

If Milan wants to guarantee 3rd place , you don't start to build a team that will truly target the 3rd place ; you build a team that can win the league and even if we fail , 3rd place will be the worst we can do . That's how it always was for us , but these days , it's really easy to spot the incompetency , just going by what they say is enough .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:28 pm

Dante wrote:
And here i am given the opportunity to comment on something , very briefly ; no one ever set out to build a 3rd place team and succeeded . You set out to build a league winning team and worst case scenario will be a 3rd place finish. If you set out for 3rd... yeah that's something only us and Inter invented , just to excuse our incompetency Laughing

For example , you see Roma , they are trying to build a team that will win the league and they have players that came close. It will be them who will finish 3rd , even if they obviously don't have a chance to win the league .

If Milan wants to guarantee 3rd place , you don't start to build a team that will truly target the 3rd place ; you build a team that can win the league and even if we fail , 3rd place will be the worst we can do . That's how it always was for us , but these days , it's really easy to spot the incompetency , just going by what they say is enough .

Yea, you're absolutely right. I didn't express my thoughts properly.

I agree that in order to be a team of stable CL football status you need to be a Serie A powerhouse first that challenges for the title and has CL football as a fall back, like Juve in the last 5 years, Roma with Garcia before the implosion this season, what Sarri's Napoli looks like to become.

Of course if you have a strong second half of the season and your competitors for that last CL place choke you might still end up taking it, like Samp in 09/10, Udinese 10/11 and 11/12, Lazio last season. Even Milan in 12/13 with pretty much the same squad that ended 8th and 10th the following two years. It could very well happen this season too as far as I'm concerned, but yea, it wouldn't mean that Milan is a Serie A powerhouse and has guaranteed CL football in the next years.
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:24 pm

http://www.football-italia.net/79749/galliani-nocerino-almost-done
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:31 pm

cheers
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:01 pm

cheers
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next