Guiltybystander
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Sushi Master
the xcx
The BoyWonder
22 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

2 thigs i have noticed happened to Goal.com Empty 2 thigs i have noticed happened to Goal.com

Post by The BoyWonder Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:52 pm

1. it's invaded by my Nigerian fellas. Almost all comments are of this kind:

''everything is getting closer n closer, am very happy dat sneidjer is coming 2 man u it's a great pleasure 2 have him played 4 us.''

''fabrgs shld jon d gr8 clb of all, d mighty barclna. h wll make us proud barca 4 lyf...''

2. Two much c*ap is being published. Sneijder to United when the Fergie says otherwise, now Nike is having a hand in the saga. Juve to pay 45m for Teve< when they can't afford a Aguero or Rossi.

The site has become funny.

The BoyWonder
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

2 thigs i have noticed happened to Goal.com Empty Re: 2 thigs i have noticed happened to Goal.com

Post by the xcx Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:56 pm

Nigeria has internet?
Spoiler:
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

2 thigs i have noticed happened to Goal.com Empty Re: 2 thigs i have noticed happened to Goal.com

Post by Sushi Master Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:58 pm

It's a result of how crappy this transfer season has been. They pretty much publish any half-assed rumor they read from other sites, and even the articles have gone down a notch. The staff must be on holidays or something.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:06 pm

So am i the only one who feels its always been this way lol?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:10 pm

Well, they had a solid Bundesliga coverage. Some articles were decent. 2011 and on they took a nosedive to the ugly, I'll admit.

Goal.com in Spanish is even worse Very Happy
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:13 pm

I am still intrigued by how all the comments are from Nigeria... Why? Are they spam-bot comments? "Millions" of people read that website, why are all comments from Lagos?
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:26 pm

2 thigs i have noticed happened to Goal.com Nigeri12
from facebook

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:28 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:2 thigs i have noticed happened to Goal.com Nigeri12
from facebook
Yeah, just shows his support towards Brazil and Neymar. Cant even spell hes name right.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:34 pm

You know, anyone who's currently learning English or does not have English as a mother toungue types like that. Doesn't have to be Nigerian.

Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:52 pm

The BoyWonder wrote:1. it's invaded by my Nigerian fellas. Almost all comments are of this kind:

''everything is getting closer n closer, am very happy dat sneidjer is coming 2 man u it's a great pleasure 2 have him played 4 us.''

''fabrgs shld jon d gr8 clb of all, d mighty barclna. h wll make us proud barca 4 lyf...''

2. Two much c*ap is being published. Sneijder to United when the Fergie says otherwise, now Nike is having a hand in the saga. Juve to pay 45m for Teve< when they can't afford a Aguero or Rossi.

The site has become funny.

Man, we CAN afford Aguero or Rossi. We can also afford Bastos, Poli, Vidal...etc.

The BS story from Goal.com is that they say we're ready to give Tevez 20m/year, which is BS.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:55 pm

Sushi Master wrote:You know, anyone who's currently learning English or does not have English as a mother toungue types like that. Doesn't have to be Nigerian.

But isn't english the official language of Nigeria?

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:57 pm

harhar11 wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:You know, anyone who's currently learning English or does not have English as a mother toungue types like that. Doesn't have to be Nigerian.

English language is the official language of Nigeria, but is the second most spoken language in all states of the federation after regional and local indigenous languages.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:57 pm

harhar11 wrote:

dude english is the official language of pakistan as well..but i've seen many of them hardly speak a word.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:02 pm

7amood11 wrote:
harhar11 wrote:

English language is the official language of Nigeria, but is the second most spoken language in all states of the federation after regional and local indigenous languages.

Then its like in spain with Catalan/Valencian, Basque, Galician, Aranese. But everyone still speak perfect spanish..

Surag.Blueguy wrote:
harhar11 wrote:

dude english is the official language of pakistan as well..but i've seen many of them hardly speak a word.

Weird...

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mezzogiornese Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:09 pm

Don't be daft harhar- you're comparing a developed rich country with high education levels to a poor west African one where most people cannot afford an education. Not to mention the hundreds of years of suppression of local language and savage promotion of Castilian by the Royal Families + Franco (I believe) in Spain.

mezzogiornese
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:12 pm

mezzogiornese wrote:Don't be daft harhar- you're comparing a developed rich country with high education levels to a poor west African one where most people cannot afford an education. Not to mention the hundreds of years of suppression of local language and savage promotion of Castilian by the Royal Families + Franco (I believe) in Spain.

I just said that its like in spain then, and seeing as they have enough money to buy a computer, I just thought that they got a good education... It was just a question...

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:19 pm

Actually, Nigeria has a surprisingly high number of internet connections in total numbers, I believe. Not that many on the total population, but since they have the highest population of Africa, something around 20 million I believe.

Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:21 pm

harhar11 wrote:
7amood11 wrote:
harhar11 wrote:

Then its like in spain with Catalan/Valencian, Basque, Galician, Aranese. But everyone still speak perfect spanish...

Yes exactly...
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mezzogiornese Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:21 pm

The vast majority don't have enough money for computers. They go to internet cafes or other public internet places.

Most houses in West Africa don't even have electric or running water.

(Granted I am speaking about the Gambia and Senegal) but west Africa is pretty continuous.)

Last edited by mezzogiornese on Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

mezzogiornese
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:22 pm

Nigeria is an oil country, Nigeria has a pretty large middle class/upper class for a third world country. It isn't like Gambia and Senegal, really.

(Of course lots of dirt poor people)
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:31 pm

Nigeria is massive. It has 155 million people.

I would not call it developed, at all. Life expectancy of 47 years, one of the highest AIDS and death rates in the world, shit GDP...

That "large middle class" must be the elite, because most people aren't living well, and I would not expect them to know English just because it's an "official" language.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:35 pm

Of course I never said that Nigeria was in any sense a developed country,
it just has a larger elite than most sub-saharan African countries, because it has massive oil revenues, just like Equatorial Guinea.

Therefore, relatively many people have internet access (around 20 million).

Most people don't speak english indeed, but those with internet access most likely will.
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mezzogiornese Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:40 pm

Thanks for clarifying that Sushi Master. According to wikipedia the per capita GDP of Nigeria is $2,422 compared to the GDP of Spain $29,875.

As you said the big industry of Nigeria is oil- leading to a rich few and a poor many- I'd say the average person would be much poorer than the GDP figure suggests.

And if these Nigerians want to spend their hard earned wages on going to an internet cafe and reading news on their favourite sport- even posting comments in the terrible English that offends people so much here then that's up to them.

mezzogiornese
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:42 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:So am i the only one who feels its always been this way lol?

Na, I'm with you on that too.

I wouldn't blame the Nigerians though, blame the Goal.com comment moderators. Nothing pissed me off more than wasting time to type a worthwhile comment on their articles, only to see something like "man united iz da bes" while mine was no where to be seen.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:48 pm

It's not only Nigerians ffs. People from all over the world type the same way.

And Nigeria has a few rich people, a huge middle class, and the rest are poor.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next