Guiltybystander
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Sushi Master
the xcx
The BoyWonder
22 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

2 thigs i have noticed happened to Goal.com - Page 2 Empty Re: 2 thigs i have noticed happened to Goal.com

Post by 7amood11 Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:48 pm

It's not only Nigerians ffs. People from all over the world type the same way.

And Nigeria has a few rich people, a huge middle class, and the rest are poor.

7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

2 thigs i have noticed happened to Goal.com - Page 2 Empty Re: 2 thigs i have noticed happened to Goal.com

Post by mezzogiornese Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:55 pm

What do you class as a huge middle class? GDP per capita of $2,422 in a country of 150m I wouldn't say there would be 20 million.

mezzogiornese
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:00 pm

I didn't read your post, sorry. I believe I am mistaken...
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by mezzogiornese Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:05 pm

Is there any Nigerians on this board?

mezzogiornese
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:07 pm

mezzogiornese wrote:Is there any Nigerians on this board?

i think there are two of them from the milan section...

uzonero and cripsy dipsy..

not sure about the rest..

Last edited by Surag.Blueguy on Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:14 pm

Nigeria is not a developed country, and no way does it have a large middle class. In the capital there is practically nothing...

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by mezzogiornese Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:21 pm

I just thought it was quite bad that people here were trying to imply that Nigerians are unintelligent or that their opinions arent as important as other peoples'.

mezzogiornese
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:30 pm

the_gooner wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:So am i the only one who feels its always been this way lol?

Na, I'm with you on that too.

I wouldn't blame the Nigerians though, blame the Goal.com comment moderators. Nothing pissed me off more than wasting time to type a worthwhile comment on their articles, only to see something like "man united iz da bes" while mine was no where to be seen.

which reminds me

after goal.com posted that article about nike's involvment in sniejder' transfer i posted a comment saying " you forgot to mention that Nike sponsors Inter as well" but it was never posted. an hour later i used a different name and posted the same comment in different wording and it still never showed up

well i guess they didnt one some sense on their site after all
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:52 pm

Yeah, and what about the supposed new improved comment based system that they kicked us out in order to make? That kinda never happened, instead were left with the same rubbish.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:00 pm

by dee grase of god we the man united fan will see the day wesley joind di club that plays in dee theatre of dream also called old tradford

lol something that that ^^
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:11 pm

mezzogiornese wrote:I just thought it was quite bad that people here were trying to imply that Nigerians are unintelligent or that their opinions arent as important as other peoples'.

its just the way they write

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mezzogiornese Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:23 pm

We're going round in circles here :p

mezzogiornese
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:35 pm

Goal.com is a disgrace.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:40 pm

english_jewel wrote:Nigeria is not a developed country, and no way does it have a large middle class. In the capital there is practically nothing...

Nigerian here. Didn't want to comment on this thread as I was surprised how well educated some of you are about Nigeria. Kudos to you. Thumbs up

But this post intrigues me. Without the use of google, wikipedia, yahoo, bing or any other helpful search engines that may make you look smarter than I actually believe you are, please explain this post. :coffee:
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:44 pm

Whole my life I thought Lagos was the capital,now I see it's Abuja(never heard of it TBH).
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:56 pm

izzy26 wrote:
english_jewel wrote:Nigeria is not a developed country, and no way does it have a large middle class. In the capital there is practically nothing...

Nigerian here. Didn't want to comment on this thread as I was surprised how well educated some of you are about Nigeria. Kudos to you. Thumbs up

But this post intrigues me. Without the use of google, wikipedia, yahoo, bing or any other helpful search engines that may make you look smarter than I actually believe you are, please explain this post. :coffee:

I have lived in the capital for two years. Do I really need Google or anything?

The fact is that in the capital there is too much poverty around and there is not much infrastructure and too much corruption as a whole in the city. Also the city lacks basic facilities like the ones already described in the thread, and I still remember those sleepless nights because the power went out, or because of shortage of water in the mornings. Even in the marketplaces the vendors didn't even sell based on a scale of measurement or anything, it was basically a price for whatever they could fit in their hands. I can't see how you can say Nigeria is a developed country if all those things are present. I didn't even experience all the hardships that the average person had in the city because my family came through someone, and so I didn't go into any of the local schools (which, as everyone there described, were pretty bad). I remember family friends telling us how lucky we were that many of our supplies were already provided to us, because they were not so lucky and crimes were always a threat to them. Honestly cannot see how you can describe it as a developed country with so many basic facilities missing.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:21 am

english_jewel wrote:
izzy26 wrote:

The fact is that in the capital there is too much poverty around and there is not much infrastructure and too much corruption as a whole in the city. Also the city lacks basic facilities like the ones already described in the thread, and I still remember those sleepless nights because the power went out, or because of shortage of water in the mornings. Even in the marketplaces the vendors didn't even sell based on a scale of measurement or anything, it was basically a price for whatever they could fit in their hands. I can't see how you can say Nigeria is a developed country if all those things are present. I didn't even experience all the hardships that the average person had in the city because my family came through someone, and so I didn't go into any of the local schools (which, as everyone there described, were pretty bad). I remember family friends telling us how lucky we were that many of our supplies were already provided to us, because they were not so lucky and crimes were always a threat to them. Honestly cannot see how you can describe it as a developed country with so many basic facilities missing.

Oh dang, worse then algeria affraid affraid
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:25 am

Giggity5313 wrote:
english_jewel wrote:
izzy26 wrote:

Oh dang, worse then algeria affraid affraid

And this is just in the capital...

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:26 am

Why is it so bad! That's just horrible..
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:27 am

Giggity5313 wrote:Why is it so bad! That's just horrible..

The money is there but so is the corruption.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:31 am

english_jewel wrote:

Well let's hope it improves. North africa had a revolution. Egypt IRC
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:33 am

Giggity5313 wrote:
english_jewel wrote:

Well let's hope it improves. North africa had a revolution. Egypt IRC

Yep West Africa needs to develop. I have also lived in Ghana and Sierra Leone too (had a busy childhood) and there things were just as bad (10 times worse in Sierra Leone though).

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:03 am

Nigeria is not a devoloped country, fact. Hell, China is not a devoloped country by western standards despite being the world's second strongest economy.

The way those idiots post (I mean anyone who posts like that) should not be excused by saying it is the way they post. They read the articles, they should try to imitate the english they read. That is how mant of us learned how to write. I actually feel many of them are trolling.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:51 am

english_jewel wrote:
mezzogiornese wrote:I just thought it was quite bad that people here were trying to imply that Nigerians are unintelligent or that their opinions arent as important as other peoples'.

its just the way they write

Saying that ALL Nigerians type that way is just wrong. Many people from all over the world type the same way. And I've seen Nigerians that type properly...
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:54 am

Mod who deleted my comment about Nigerians in droit thread and thinks this one is ok...

1. it's invaded by my Nigerian fellas. Almost all comments are of this kind: ''everything is getting closer n closer, am very happy dat sneidjer is coming 2 man u it's a great pleasure 2 have him played 4 us.'

MOD

Y U DISCRIMINATE ME
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:27 am

Reading badly typed English is annoying, imo, and gives a stupid image of the writer. Everyone can type properly with a little bit of effort, come on, you've got the whole Internet full of English text, shouldn't be difficult to learn from there.

About Goal.com's recent quality I've got no idea, haven't been there for a month or so.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next