McAgger
Jonathan28
zigra
urbaNRoots
BarrileteCosmico
25 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 6 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by M99 Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:37 am

Whitewashing means completely whitewashing the shades of grey the characters have to portray them as the good guys instead of the morally grey characters that ASOIAF became so famous and critically acclaimed for.

Tyrion in the books does a lot of dark stuff. His murder of Shae was totally cold blooded and in the show he is forced to killer her in self defense. He has Bronn kill a blackmailer and make his body disappear in a bowl of stew in the books. He rapes a whore after his traumatic experience with Shae and in the show he can't bring himself to have sex. He verbally tortures Jaime after the Tysha revelation but in the show, of course no Tysha. He dreams of raping and killing Cersei while he's traveling in Essos and so far no mention of this in the show.

It's basically the effect of favoritism from the showrunners. They love Tyrion so they want to paint him as a hero. They hate Stannis so they paint his as a villain though fan backlash is making them change that this season (they acknowledged this).

http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/28aqvm/spoilers_all_the_effects_of_favoritism_on_how_the/

M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 6 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by McAgger Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:21 am

Goddam some *bleep* bitch at work spoiled two things for me in ADWD. Mad

The Cersei balding part and being paraded around Kings Landing and something about Varys backing Dany's cousin for the throne.

God I hate that bitch so much. Wanted to *bleep* smack her upside the head when the she spoiled it for me. That Cersei part was such a huge spoiler for me. I was anticipating to find out what exactly happened with Cersie after she was taken prisoner. Sad
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:07 pm

Don't call me James wrote:Goddam some *bleep* bitch at work spoiled two things for me in ADWD. Mad

The Cersei balding part and being paraded around Kings Landing and something about Varys backing Dany's cousin for the throne.

God I hate that bitch so much. Wanted to *bleep* smack her upside the head when the she spoiled it for me. That Cersei part was such a huge spoiler for me. I was anticipating to find out what exactly happened with Cersie after she was taken prisoner. Sad

I'm very sorry for your loss Sad
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon May 04, 2015 12:21 pm

So this is a pretty major deviation from the books, thoughts?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Mon May 04, 2015 1:16 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:So this is a pretty major deviation from the books, thoughts?

So many changes I don't know where to begin

1) I have a feeling that Loras got arrested, instead of getting gravely wounded at battle, was mainly done to save money on production costs which sucked. I still think Cersei's storyline will follow the books in terms of everything blowing over

2) Jamie
I really wanted him to have that scene with the Blackfish. The show still haven't shown what happened to Edmure or the Frays which is very frustrating. More than that, I really disliked how Jamie now hates Tyrion instead of having doubts about Cersei whereas in the books, his actions were badass. If the show runners wanted to keep Bronn around for the lulz factor, they could have sent him to with Jamie to the riverlands anyway.

3) Sansa
The inconsistencies in her character are starting to annoy me. When she walked down the stairs with her hair dyed black, she was supposed to be a game changer but yet she remains Littlefinger's pawn. That said, I'm more interested in seeing what she and Ramsay are gonna get up to instead of the fake Arya arc

4) Essos
I don't think Grey Worm & Ser Barristan are dead; perhaps gravely wounded but I think they'll live. I think that they did that scene to build up to Dany's feeling of helplessness and marrying the afro dude

I'm not expecting the show to follow the book entirely nor is it fair for me to make such comparisons and expect certain outcomes. But I do want the show to remain awesome and not just another cliche'd series
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Mon May 04, 2015 1:41 pm

The Sand Snakes :facepalm:

Good lawd they were terrible. Anyone else notice this really terrible cut?

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 6 JhxESuW

Lawd have mercy.

Last edited by Jonathan28 on Mon May 04, 2015 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon May 04, 2015 2:34 pm

My fears have become true, the Sandsnakes are just as cheesy as they are in the books. I didn't mind Ellaria getting a more prominent role because I like the actress but I thought she would replace Arianne and not... Darkstar(?)

Dorne didn't have any interesting characters aside from Oberyn so maybe I thought they could improve on that, well I guess I was wrong. Still hoping that show Doran is not as much a dumbass as book Doran and actually has a plan which doesn't get his son killed.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon May 04, 2015 3:34 pm

*bleep* Hollywood bs once again. Guess Grey Worm was chosen as leader cause he's the only one who knows how to use a weapon while the rest of the super elite tropps are only good at ketting killed by some rich guys with knives. WTF is this shit :facepalm:

Sand Snakes pls go and never come back.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon May 04, 2015 3:50 pm

RealGunner wrote:Still hoping that Others are not the bad guys and Jon Snow lead the army of others against dictator denaerys

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon May 04, 2015 3:58 pm

You guys realize the Sand Snakes are just as bad in the book, right? Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon May 04, 2015 6:48 pm

zigra wrote:*bleep* Hollywood bs once again. Guess Grey Worm was chosen as leader cause he's the only one who knows how to use a weapon while the rest of the super elite tropps are only good at ketting killed by some rich guys with knives. WTF is this shit :facepalm:

Lmao this so much. Everyone but Grey Worm in the Unsullied, the most powerful fighting force in the world, are scrubs.

The only good thing about Dorne was Jaime and Bronn are a great duo. But I think Bronn will get Arys Oakhearted. Him saying he wants to have a quiet retirement, yep, that's confirmation.

I was sure Loras would get arrested for being gay. That's his only purpose in the show...being gay. I still hope Maragery gets arrested too.

And I think Barristan is definitely dead. Not sure about Grey Worm, there was a scene of Grey Worm kissing Missandei on the trailer but that could very well be on his deathbed.

At least we had some R+L = J setup :bow: That look Littlefinger gave, I think he knows.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon May 04, 2015 7:17 pm

If you watch the preview for E05 you can confirm whether Barristan Selmy is alive

Spoiler:

And yeah I agree with BC on the Sand Snakes. In fact almost all the 'badass' characters in Dorne are incredibly cheesy with lines like "I'm of the night". It's like GRRM wanted to estabilish these characters as badass but failed epically.

But the Sand Snakes are important both in book and show as cheesy as they are, I agree with many who believe that Nym/Tyene will cause trouble in KL, possibly kill King Tommen.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon May 04, 2015 7:37 pm

M99 wrote:
zigra wrote:*bleep* Hollywood bs once again. Guess Grey Worm was chosen as leader cause he's the only one who knows how to use a weapon while the rest of the super elite tropps are only good at ketting killed by some rich guys with knives. WTF is this shit :facepalm:

Lmao this so much. Everyone but Grey Worm in the Unsullied, the most powerful fighting force in the world, are scrubs.

They are infantry, not elite fighters. They're supposed to hold their ranks and break through enemy cavalry and other open battle scenarios. The book goes out of its way to make this a point, as does the show, they're not properly equipped for closed combat in contained spaces.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon May 04, 2015 7:56 pm

Btw this episode was pretty heavy on the R+L=J suggestions, some show watchers are figuring it out already, do you guys think it's possible we will see a reveal this season?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon May 04, 2015 8:04 pm

Srsly they should still do better but I agree that they are not exactly well equipped. In the books they had spears and short swords not just spears afair.

Anyway main problem for me is the difference between Greyworm and his men. His men are just scrubs who don't do anything but die while he goes full super saiyan mode. I counted 13(!) kills for him before Grandpa showed up and he had 6 or 7 men with him. That's just your typical hollywood bs imo.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon May 04, 2015 8:10 pm

Daredevil has spoiled us Sad
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon May 04, 2015 8:16 pm

Haven't seen it yet.
Seems to be a decent show hmm
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon May 04, 2015 8:46 pm

The Unsullied could have easily formed a shield wall and absolutely rekt the Sons Of The Harzoos. The greatest fighting force in the planet should know that right? I mean the first death was so silly, Harzoo 1 just walks in front of Unsullied 1 and slits his throat. In the books Unsullied got killed one by one through ambushes in the night, basically guerrilla tactics not outnumbering 20 to 40.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon May 04, 2015 11:20 pm

You all can go ffs....I liked the Sand Snakes in the books.

i'm intrigued enough by their cameo to give them a chance in the show. It was one scene lol
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 04, 2015 11:47 pm

Lmfao what a terrible diversion Laughing

Ser Barristan dead Laughing

Sand Snakes Laughing They are much better in the books.

Jamie's arc Laughing

Wish GRRM just stop giving them the story and let them make their own crappy version.

Awful episode.

Even ruined the Melisandre scene with Jon just to show people her tits Laughing

At least they are treating Stannis better.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue May 05, 2015 12:16 am

Ser Meryn Trant headed to braavos surely means Arya will kill him there

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Tue May 05, 2015 12:39 am

RealGunner wrote:Ser Meryn Trant headed to braavos surely means Arya will kill him there

I had the exact same thought. Trant is a dead man.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue May 05, 2015 12:39 am

I literally just posted that in the other thread Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue May 05, 2015 12:41 am

That was evident from the trailers lol.

Also have you not noticed that Arya has left out Melisandre, Thoros and Beric out of her list?
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue May 05, 2015 12:43 am

Pls m99, I also mentioned that.

Anyways I haven't seen the Epi 5 trailers, are they already in Braavos?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue May 05, 2015 12:43 am

Oh yea, she used to say "red woman" before didn't she?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next