McAgger
Jonathan28
zigra
urbaNRoots
BarrileteCosmico
25 posters

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 10 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by urbaNRoots Tue May 19, 2015 9:01 pm

Yeah Alfie Allen is fantastic as Theon, he's been great since S2.

Bronn is toast without a doubt, but I don't think he'll die of poison. In the audition tapes for Tyene, she saves him with an antidote. I reckon he'll die of Areo Hotah's huge *bleep* axe instead, if not him then someone IS dying from that axe, it's an obvious Chekhov's Gun. Bronn is getting Oakheart'd.

Also Cersei is getting arrested next episode from what I could see in the preview, we might even get Margaery's "vile, evil, scheming bitch" though without doubt they'll change it a bit to our annoyance.

Ramsay is heading out to meet Stannis which looks like the Battle of the Ice Lake that is expected to happen in TWOW. Can't wait for that but I'm fearing for Stannis.

urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 10 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by McAgger Tue May 19, 2015 9:51 pm

btw I've predicted that Coldhands is actually Benjen Stark.

Kind of makes sense to me, hopefully it is in this book where we figure out who Coldhands is and where Benjen went.

Just thinking out loud, don't spoil anything for me please.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Tue May 19, 2015 10:06 pm

I'm still hoping for a Jaime-Riverlands arc. What if this is just a way of lengthening the show? I mean, imagine him failing to take back Myrcella, is forced to return home empty handed and then leaves KL behind.

It could be the final nail on the coffin for Jaime's feelings for Cersei as well
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Tue May 19, 2015 10:19 pm

They said they want 7 seasons. They said this despite HBO wanting to do more than 7 seasons thus I expect them to finish it in 2017. No I don't think they'll drag this one out forever and tbh once -if- he retunrs to KL it's probably not even ruled by the Lannisters any more.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue May 19, 2015 10:21 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Yeah Alfie Allen is fantastic as Theon, he's been great since S2.

Bronn is toast without a doubt, but I don't think he'll die of poison. In the audition tapes for Tyene, she saves him with an antidote. I reckon he'll die of Areo Hotah's huge *bleep* axe instead, if not him then someone IS dying from that axe, it's an obvious Chekhov's Gun. Bronn is getting Oakheart'd.

Also Cersei is getting arrested next episode from what I could see in the preview, we might even get Margaery's "vile, evil, scheming bitch" though without doubt they'll change it a bit to our annoyance.

Ramsay is heading out to meet Stannis which looks like the Battle of the Ice Lake that is expected to happen in TWOW. Can't wait for that but I'm fearing for Stannis.

Don't spoil it for me ffs Laughing

As for Theon , i think everything to do with him , Theon the character , Theon the actor , Theon in the story , it just gets better after every single season .

As for the rest , i have no expectations and i have made it a habbit to try not to assume this or that , untill i see what happens first. It's better this way
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue May 19, 2015 10:28 pm

zigra wrote:They said they want 7 seasons. They said this despite HBO wanting to do more than 7 seasons thus I expect them to finish it in 2017. No I don't think they'll drag this one out forever and tbh once -if- he retunrs to KL it's probably not even ruled by the Lannisters any more.

that will be a sad day indeed :coffee:

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue May 19, 2015 11:08 pm

Dante wrote:

And finally , Theon. I don't know what you guys think of it all , but Theon broke me on that last scene. I felt so terrible for Theon and Sansa and so angry at Ramsey at the same time . His face man , the acting was insane on this one . I don't care what people think , this season Theon has become my n1 character to see on the show. Every scene he's in , there's so much going on , so many stories and memories and emotions in place. So broken , so utterly destroyed , yet after all the nemesis he suffers , Theon Greyjoy is still somewhere in there. I can't wait to see more Theon .

Same cheers
Theon is my favorite character as well now.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue May 19, 2015 11:10 pm

Glory, you have read the books right btw?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue May 19, 2015 11:27 pm

RealGunner wrote:Glory, you have read the books right btw?

No. Sad
But I am following the events from the books as well somewhat vaguely to keep myself educated of the world. In addition to watching I read a lot about those background stuffs from internet. trudging that fine line of not getting spoiled is hard but so far i am doing okay i guess.

btw is it necessary for me to read the book to be here in this thread ? apart from spoiling myself that is, hehe is there any problem ? a rule i mean ?

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue May 19, 2015 11:37 pm

Oh no. It's just that there are massive spoilers so it was surprising Laughing

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed May 20, 2015 12:01 am

Another great Tyrion chapter :bow:  At the part where Jorah kidnaps him now. I was actually under the impression that the show had made that whole arc up to replace the Griff etc arc but it's seems like they just cut that part off and went right into this Jorah arc.

Tyrions chapters though :bow:  I was actually half expecting him to beat Qavo in cyvasse Laughing  

Btw can't believe the show didn't show the disgusting part of Tyrion in the show. Where he goes to the brothel and takes the whore twice while urinating in between the takes on the carpet and just as a whole acting like a total douchebag.

Yet it's okay to show rape. :facepalm:

Also best advice anyone could give Aegon. He should listen to Tyrion. He's right. Danny is power hungry now. She won't want to share the throne with anyone or even cede her claim. And the current plan is just terrible.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Wed May 20, 2015 12:05 am

Hames pls.
They can't have the good guy do bad things.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed May 20, 2015 5:33 pm

Do you really want to see Tyrion rape some slave girl and act like a douchebag the whole time? The series is already incredibly grim and people are struggling to support anyone anymore, and there's enough rape as it is.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed May 20, 2015 5:40 pm

zigra wrote:Hames pls.
It works both ways. Cersei is a 'bad guy'  that has become more sympathetic and relatable to in the show. Is that still whitewashing?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed May 20, 2015 5:57 pm

GRRM will read a new chapter from TWOW this week at a convention!

http://grrm.livejournal.com/427974.html
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Wed May 20, 2015 8:50 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
It works both ways. Cersei is a 'bad guy'  that has become more sympathetic and relatable to in the show. Is that still whitewashing?

Cercei is bad? FFS I root for her.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed May 20, 2015 8:51 pm

I root for Cersei specially after book 4 Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Wed May 20, 2015 9:27 pm

zigra wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:

Cercei is bad? FFS I root for her.
Don't call me James wrote:I root for Cersei specially after book 4 Laughing

Cersei is a dead woman walking, she won't be alive long in the books I can tell you that.

Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Wed May 20, 2015 9:40 pm

I'm actually not too sure about that. Obviously she will almost certainly die at some point but soon? Don't really think so. I'm quite sure she'll win her trial. Expect her to nuke KL after Faegon takes over.

Besides I can still root for UnCercei imo hmm
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed May 20, 2015 9:41 pm

Don't call me James wrote:I root for Cersei specially after book 4 Laughing

Lol me you and Dost Molenation

TeamCersei all the way

Margaery can gtfo
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed May 20, 2015 10:00 pm

Even if Cersei's chapters are really entertaining, Cersei still remains scum. It's about time she suffers for all the shit she's done.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu May 21, 2015 5:53 am

Aegon the 6th listening to Tyrion's advise :bow: And now with Golden Company swearing their allegiance to him Proud Beautiful chapter. I effing knew Jon Connington had greyscale the second he started hinting at needing more time throughout the chapter.

I'm completely team Aegon at this point. Aegon and Jon Snow brothers cheers 3 dragons and 3 Targaryens left alive, very apt.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu May 21, 2015 8:07 pm

https://bryndenbfish.wordpress.com/2015/05/21/the-dragons-mercy-the-violent-future-path-of-daenerys-targaryen-part-4-the-embers-of-essos/

This is a long read but very worth it. If half the things predicted there happen then TWOW will be absolutely epic. Absolutely can't wait for Emperor Danny. The only thing is I can't see how it could possibly happen within just one book.

Screw the show, hail the books :bow:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu May 21, 2015 8:14 pm

Should I read part 1 to 3?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu May 21, 2015 9:35 pm

You don't have to in order to read the essay, but you can if you want to
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu May 21, 2015 9:45 pm

Skimmed the first 3 and read the last one

Thought some of the parts were a bit off but his theory is interesting regarding the tattered prince and Dany turning into a psuedo-villain towards the end of TWOW

But if she lands on dragon stone in the final chapter then I won't be happy.

Waiting 6 books for her to come to westeros, she still doesn't come and we have to wait till 7th? Laughing

but then, TWOW is mostly going to be about Jon, Sansa, North and Cersei imo
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next