McAgger
Jonathan28
zigra
urbaNRoots
BarrileteCosmico
25 posters

Page 15 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 15 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:39 pm

M99 wrote:I just hope Edd is not among them. Hopefully seeing the stuff at Hardhome he will realize that Jon was right.

It can't just be Olly. Bowen Marsh (he had a named appearance on Ep5), Othell Yarwyck, Alliser Thorne are strong candidates. Maybe those would be rapists Sam fought off. Just not Edd pls

inb4itssam

Nah Edd is almost certainly out of the plot, but yes it will involve other characters for sure. Bowen Marsh was also on earlier episodes. Alliser Thorne for sure, and other unnamed characters. I have faith in D&D doing this right because they seem to nail almost every big event.

urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 15 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:41 pm

Oh yea forgot Thorne. He will be there obviously.

With Night's watch divided, Edd will definitely lead the pro-Jon mass with him along with Tormund n co.

Sam will most likely flee to Oldtown with Gilly.

I am so excited for Wun wun to destroy shit up lol.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:22 pm

M99 wrote:Dont open McAgger
Spoiler:
bounce bounce bounce

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:48 pm

RealGunner wrote:Next book will 100% be out before Season 6. I am quite sure of that.

It's Season 7 which worries me.

Don't worry RG, D&D won't be able to condense 3 books into one season. I'm quite confident some of the ending will be similar, but not most of it.

Personally I'm quite looking forward to reading books 6-10, if I'm still alive by then, and will read them regardless of the show.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:16 am

GRRM talking about the five characters he wishes weren't cut from the show.

Strong Belwas

Who was part of Dany’s entourage, I understand why he was cut, but I kind of miss him.

Jeyne Poole

“She’s a minor character in the first book, then vanishes and then—boom—there she is in the fifth book in a major way,” Martin tells EW.

Willas Tyrell and his brother Garlan Tyrell

And in the Tyrell family, Loras is not the eldest son in the books. There are two older brothers, Willas and Garlan. I didn’t just put them in for hoots and giggles, they have roles to play in the last two books, and they don’t exist in the show. I’ve said from the start I wish we had more hours, but showrunners [David Benioff and Dan Weiss] work 24/7, 12 months a year.

Lady Stoneheart

Lady Stoneheart does have a role in the books. Whether it’s sufficient or interesting enough… I think it is, or I wouldn’t have put her in. One of the things I wanted to show with her is that the death she suffered changes you.

Lady Stoneheart is not Cateyln. I’ve tried to set it up beforehand with Beric Dondarrion and his repeated [resurrections]. There’s a brief appearance by Beric in Book One and he rides into the city and he’s this flamboyant Southern knight. That’s not that man we meet later on.

http://watchersonthewall.com/george-r-r-martin-on-five-characters-he-wishes-were-in-game-of-thrones/#comment-343527
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:16 am

Hopefully that kills the Stoneheart dreamers.

They are now talking about her and BWB hanging Ramsay and his 20 men next episode Laughing
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:22 am

Is it safe to assume that characters like Conington, Aegon who aren't in the show are going to meet a swift(grisly) end in the books given that the show has started to move beyond the books and the producers have obviously taken RR Martin's counsel?
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:33 am

Don't think so. Some will die (soon) but not everyone and I believe some who don't survive the show will survive the books.
They're already changing the story big time and will change it even more during the next two seasons.
I doubt books and show will have too much in common at the end (I know they opt for the same ending but that could well mean something like "Dany wins the throne" or "WW have been beaten" and to get to something like that you can still change almost anything you like).
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:06 pm

What he says about LSH is interesting in the context of Jon. How will he be changed after his return?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:53 pm

Wish they insert Coldhands into the show somehow, hes damn cool.
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:49 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:What he says about LSH is interesting in the context of Jon. How will he be changed after his return?

I have this mad theory that Jon won't be revived by Mel. But he will return as a wight like Coldhands and still regain his sanity

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:29 pm

RealGunner wrote:GRRM talking about the five characters he wishes weren't cut from the show.

Strong Belwas

Who was part of Dany’s entourage, I understand why he was cut, but I kind of miss him.

Jeyne Poole

“She’s a minor character in the first book, then vanishes and then—boom—there she is in the fifth book in a major way,” Martin tells EW.

Willas Tyrell and his brother Garlan Tyrell

And in the Tyrell family, Loras is not the eldest son in the books. There are two older brothers, Willas and Garlan. I didn’t just put them in for hoots and giggles, they have roles to play in the last two books, and they don’t exist in the show. I’ve said from the start I wish we had more hours, but showrunners [David Benioff and Dan Weiss] work 24/7, 12 months a year.

Lady Stoneheart

Lady Stoneheart does have a role in the books. Whether it’s sufficient or interesting enough… I think it is, or I wouldn’t have put her in. One of the things I wanted to show with her is that the death she suffered changes you.

Lady Stoneheart is not Cateyln. I’ve tried to set it up beforehand with Beric Dondarrion and his repeated [resurrections]. There’s a brief appearance by Beric in Book One and he rides into the city and he’s this flamboyant Southern knight. That’s not that man we meet later on.

http://watchersonthewall.com/george-r-r-martin-on-five-characters-he-wishes-were-in-game-of-thrones/#comment-343527

These are some very odd choices. Strong Belwas? Garlan?Jeyne Poole? Could this mean that he doesn't consider Aegon, Victarion, Manderly cut yet, characters who are far more interesting?

I get Willas though, Loras really shouldn't be the only Tyrell son... it's not like they had to cast someone for Willas. He never appears until very late in the series (I'm assuming).
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:59 pm

We are yet to know if Manderly is cut for good. Think they will focus next season on characters/arcs not shown this season.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:44 pm

http://www.westeros.org/GoT/News/Entry/Season_6_Filming_Locations_in_Spain_Confirmed?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter#.VW767SeD1o0.reddit

http://lossietereinos.com/la-hbo-confirma-que-parte-de-la-sexta-temporada-se-rodara-en-gerona-y-peniscola/

Sunspear? Or Casterly Rock?
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:01 pm

The Citadel/Oldtown almost certainly.

Edit: I didn't notice there are two new locations, Oldtown will be in Girona but I have no idea about Peñiscola. Don't think it's Casterly Rock though, Casterly Rock is carved out of a colossal stone hill and looks very different from the pictures I'm seeing.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:56 pm

http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/38hija/spoilers_all_i_cant_believe_i_just_realized_that/

Never noticed these parallels.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:06 pm

damn . nice read .

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:10 pm

from reddit

manustillflops wrote:Little known fact, Fallout 4 is based on the effects on the Earth as a result of Cleganebowl

rofl rofl rofl
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:17 pm

Dante wrote:from reddit

manustillflops wrote:Little known fact, Fallout 4 is based on the effects on the Earth as a result of Cleganebowl

rofl rofl rofl

Laughing That username too Laughing

Tbh I do think there will be something like an apocalypse if we ever see Cleganebowl.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:53 pm

RealGunner wrote:We are yet to know if Manderly is cut for good. Think they will focus next season on characters/arcs not shown this season.

It is very possible that they won't show him at all and they'll just streamline the whole war for the North. They've already killed off Mance Rayder and haven't even mentioned the Greyjoys, while they are making the alliance with the wildlings all about Jon Snow's feels for them rather than Stannis bolstering his army for the war for the North.

They tossed Sansa into the mix but as a Stannis-lover I feel like they have minimized the importance of his storyline in favour of more popular characters on a number of occasions. There is so much quality in that arc that they absolutely should tell it in its entirety but I'm worried that they're going to continue to minimize its importance.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:02 pm

RealGunner wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:What he says about LSH is interesting in the context of Jon. How will he be changed after his return?

I have this mad theory that Jon won't be revived by Mel. But he will return as a wight like Coldhands and still regain his sanity

I don't think so. GRRM has a huge grudge in Tolkien for making Gandalf return the same. I doubt that Jon will not be changed for the experience. I imagine being betrayed could make him return far more vengeful. Both Cat and Dondarrion seemed to come back this way.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:33 pm

what pic urban?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:38 pm

Episode 9 spoilers

Spoiler:
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:56 pm

Hmm

Spoiler:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:08 pm

Spoiler:

Edit: Two more shots

Spoiler:
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:50 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
Spoiler:

Can you please link me to this. Everywhere I am reading that

Spoiler:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next