Winter is Coming
CBarca
neuro11
Donuts
windkick
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

UEFA Champions League 2nd Leg Discussion : FC Barcelona vs Manchester City  - Page 3 Empty Re: UEFA Champions League 2nd Leg Discussion : FC Barcelona vs Manchester City

Post by windkick Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:18 pm

Which Silva?

windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

UEFA Champions League 2nd Leg Discussion : FC Barcelona vs Manchester City  - Page 3 Empty Re: UEFA Champions League 2nd Leg Discussion : FC Barcelona vs Manchester City

Post by windkick Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:20 pm

Oh David! *bleep* sorry I've been sick last few days with a bad cold, lol

I personally like him but not for our team. I think we need a holding mid like Xavi, not another attacking mid
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:08 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Donuts wrote:

alba has been crazy good this season and not many have mentioned that

You say that even though he got totally back doored by Milner in a 1 v 2 which probably should of been a goal?

if that's enough to not be considered good than alves must be terrible..
no fulback has a perfect season but so far alba has been very consistent, in attack and defense despite the massive criticism he gets.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:05 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Donuts wrote:

You say that even though he got totally back doored by Milner in a 1 v 2 which probably should of been a goal?

Is this the same moment that you are speaking of where Alba was beat by a simple 1-2 combination between Jesus Navas with someone else? Because if not there was that moment too. Should have ended with a goal after a simple pass across goal from Jesus Navas.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:56 pm

It may have been Navas instead of Milner CB, I think we are speaking of the same one.

Donuts wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
Donuts wrote:

if that's enough to not be considered good than alves must be terrible..
no fulback has a perfect season but so far alba has been very consistent, in attack and defense despite the massive criticism he gets.

Talking about Alves doesnt change anything about Alba, you do know this right?

You can have your opinion and I can have mine, there is no need to go off issue.

Mine is Alba has done the most of what he is capable of, but sadly I can see he just isnt really talented, especially the mental side of the game as a player and thats really the end of it.

I dont know what your talking about massive criticism, he gets the same as everyone...he does well and his fans say so, he has a normal game he is irrelevant with noone mentioning him and if he has a bad game those who dont rate his criticise him.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:46 pm

alexjanosik wrote:We should have won by 6 or 7 goals and each of our forwards should have had a hattrick.
Messi was just unplayable again :bow: I thought last game against City was possibly his best ever CL performance but offensively atleast,this performance was even better.Toyed with City and at times it was cruel to watch.Two of the best performances in the CL that I have ever seen.
I thought everyone played well.Alves was outstanding and once more proved why we need to resign him.I liked the combination play between Messi,Rakitic and Alves.Rakitic would go over to the right wing to occupy the space Messi left and City couldnt deal with it all game.Kind of similar to how Di Maria would go over to the left wing from midfield to occupy the space CR left.
It is a good strategy but then our players have to be tuned in at all times while doing it.And it is extremely important that Iniesta slides over to the right a bit from left midfield and that we press relentlessly once we lose the ball.It will leave us a bit exposed if we lose the ball and dont win it back immediately. Busquets is slow and a quick counter could expose us if Iniesta is not there to provide backup.
Proper positioning and relentless pressing once we lose the ball is key to the strategy(this is all assuming that Messi wont track back if we lose the ball.If he does,then it is not much of an issue).

I really like Mathieu at CB.Unlike Masch and Bartra,he doesnt go looking for the ball unnecessarily and in positions where he has no business being.Wish he plays CB against Mehdrid.

Play starting from minute 49 perfectly illustrates what I am talking about.We lose the ball high up with Rakitic on the right and Messi central.Messi doesnt go back,we are not well positioned and City have a counter.Fortunately it didnt come to much but against a better team like Madrid with their pace on the counter we will get exposed.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3