TheRedStag
stevieg8
nj
Fahim89
:{Mr.Mustachio!
22 posters

Page 2 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

Go down

Summer Silly Season: Official Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer Silly Season: Official Thread

Post by BeautifulGame Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:10 pm

poolsupporter wrote:
nj wrote:
poolsupporter wrote:
It is seriously scary. The owners don't have that much of money to fund all the new transfers and manage to pay all the wages.

how do you know that?

Every article I read about them before they put pen to paper for Liverpool suggests that they are not even close to the league of City's owner.

Err no one else is in the league of City's owner so its a pointless comparison.Its like saying because Suarez is not as good as Messi he is not a good player.

BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Summer Silly Season: Official Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer Silly Season: Official Thread

Post by donttreadonred Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:02 pm

poolsupporter wrote:
nj wrote:
poolsupporter wrote:
It is seriously scary. The owners don't have that much of money to fund all the new transfers and manage to pay all the wages.

how do you know that?

Every article I read about them before they put pen to paper for Liverpool suggests that they are not even close to the league of City's owner.

That's true, but the only club that truly rivals Man City is Real Madrid. We're not going to outspend them. We can, however, outplay them and have more draw and appeal for players to come and play for us. If they're enticed solely by money, I don't particularly want those kind of players at the club.

I understand what you're saying, but I think you may be setting the bar a bit high. Henry WILL spend on the club, but he will want to spend wisely. He will not throw money at problems as we have seen Man City do recently.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:57 pm

now is the downing deal going to become another long saga! ! or is it falling through! i guess he would be missing the Asian tour if he does eventually sign . .
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:02 pm

WTFFFAAACCCKKK

Aquilani to Sunderland, via FootballItalia , 14 million reported.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:06 pm

Awesome, so Raul can stay.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:26 pm

Nishank wrote:WTFFFAAACCCKKK

that does confuse things . .why ain't Raul off for Asia & Aqua is, confusing Suspect
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:31 pm

Now THAT is an interesting rumor. I'm pretty suspicious of "FootballItalia" as a credible source, as I know nothing about them. However, it's still an interesting tidbit. Seems almost too random not to have some grain of truth.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:44 pm

All I'm saying is that the individual owners are not billionaires. And the company that owns us do not own just LFC. I wouldn't get my hopes up too high.

My point with this whole argument is just for them to spend wisely.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:27 pm

In a league with no salary caps (and higher individual salaries than even the highest in soccer around the world), NESV provides the second highest payroll and is known as big spenders. They have also yet to fail to pull the trigger on any deals with Liverpool for financial reasons. There is absolutely no reason to believe that Raul would be sold simply to even the books, because although John Henry is not a billionaire like we might wish, he is not short on money. Raul would be sold because he is viewed as an excess cost (albeit a good player) or, less likely, because he doesn't fit the team's plans moving forward.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:52 am

Again, the point was for them to spend wisely. Perhaps they do have a ton of money if they are willing to drop 20 large on Jordan Henderson.

And letting go of Raul is just stupid. Any reason that applies to him, applies to Stevie as well.

I'm not hating on the owners. They've saved us, but their actions should not be devoid of questioning.

I hope they've done their due diligence and it pays off. I'd like nothing more than to be proven wrong.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:56 am

It's not as Owners are buying or selling players IMO

Kenny and DC have way more input on transers than owners IMO.

Euro 2012 is a season away, and Raul would require a starting position to keep his position for his NT. could this be a possible obstacle that has led to all those expectations.

It's really hard to discuss those things, because we have no idea what thoughts and plans Kenny and DC have. We don't know the formation we'll imply and we don't know the style of football we'll be playing.

If we knew those things, it would have been much easier to interpret events and transfer dealings.

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:39 am

poolsupporter wrote:Again, the point was for them to spend wisely. Perhaps they do have a ton of money if they are willing to drop 20 large on Jordan Henderson.

And letting go of Raul is just stupid. Any reason that applies to him, applies to Stevie as well.

I'm not hating on the owners. They've saved us, but their actions should not be devoid of questioning.

I hope they've done their due diligence and it pays off. I'd like nothing more than to be proven wrong.

As much as i like Raul u cant compare Raul and Gerrard.Raul is a good player and will be hard to replace and will need to spend atleast 20mil to find a similar quality player.Also we dont know what formation we will play next season and where Raul will fit in.

But Gerrard is one of the best players in Europe.We wont be able to replace him even if we spent 30mil on a player.When fit he is the first name on the team sheet.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:59 am

poolsupporter wrote:Again, the point was for them to spend wisely. Perhaps they do have a ton of money if they are willing to drop 20 large on Jordan Henderson.

Henderson cost 13m + 3m in add-ons. We'll be paying 16m max.

Raul did well with Kenny and won us a lot of games. He's a quality player, there's no denying that. I'd love him to stay, but there's no way you can apply that to Stevie aswell. You cannot replace Steven Gerrard. You can replace a Raul Meireles, though.

I agree with the rest.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:21 am

ynwa wrote:

Raul did well with Kenny and won us a lot of games. He's a quality player, there's no denying that. I'd love him to stay, but there's no way you can apply that to Stevie aswell. You cannot replace Steven Gerrard. You can replace a Raul Meireles, though.

I agree with the rest.

mate as far as i have heard its 16m which goes upto 20m! ! not 13+3! ! affraid
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:45 am

Nishank wrote:WTFFFAAACCCKKK

Italian reports, I've learnt to ignore them.

Besides, why on earth would Sunderland first sell a 20-year-old Henderson for 16-20m and then spend 14m on a 27-year-old Aquilani? A bullshhht report, that.

July 10th. The clock is ticking...
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:50 am

Fahim89 wrote:
ynwa wrote:

I agree with the rest.

mate as far as i have heard its 16m which goes upto 20m! ! not 13+3! ! affraid

That's what I thought. It's 13+3. bounce
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:04 pm

Footballitalia now reporting in 24 hours

http://www.football-italia.net/jul10w.html

Fiorentina in the hunt now.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:08 pm

So it went from Juventus to Napoli to continue LFC to Sunderland and now Fiorentina?

EDITTTTTTT

Missed A.C Milan Rolling Eyes
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:45 pm

Sky says Downing deal could be concluded tomorrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:46 pm

That's what they said 2 weeks ago. :geek:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:11 pm

well can't ignore them totally Sky were i guess the first to notice Adam going to Melwood. .
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:14 pm

I trust the sky.

They were the first to report that Sammy lee has left and keen is the first choice, You can know this only if you have excellent solid sources . THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE REPORTING.

Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:17 pm

There is nothing in sky website about Downing to Liverpool tomorrow.Where is everyone getting this rumor from?
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:36 pm

Twatter, probably.

Wasn't Downing meant to be off if not completed by the time we went to Asia? Rolling Eyes
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:46 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:There is nothing in sky website about Downing to Liverpool tomorrow.Where is everyone getting this rumor from?

Indeed it is. It smells like the rumors of "Adam WILL sign in the next 48 hours!!1!!1!" We'll see, though.

In other twitter crap, it's all over the place that Lyon will listen to offers for Cissokho, and he has not traveled to preseason for them.

*I have no idea how much truth there is to either part of the Cissokho rumor. I'm just passing on the buck. Wink
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:10 am

Well now they are reporting on their website the deal may be completed today or in a couple of days.I am still very skeptical as only skysports are reporting it no one else has picked up this news.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_7031402,00.html?

Sky Sports sources understand Stewart Downing would prefer to join Liverpool, despite interest from Arsenal, and the deal could be finalised on Monday.

The Aston Villa winger was on Wednesday the subject of a £15million bid from Liverpool, but the offer was immediately rejected by Villa Park owner Randy Lerner.

Arsene Wenger's Arsenal, who could lose Samir Nasri and Cesc Fabregas this summer, are thought to have attempted to hijack their Premier League rivals with an £18million bid.

But England winger Downing has set his mind on a move to Anfield and Liverpool are negotiating a price to buy a player who has two years remaining on his current contract.

Having already lost Ashley Young to Manchester United, new Villa manager Alex McLeish hopes the former Middlesbrough star will stay and the club are under no pressure to sell to suggest they would want a fee in the region of £20m.

Quality

It had been reported, with Arsenal demonstrating their interest, Liverpool had lined up Wigan's Charles N'Zogbia as solution to their search for creativity in wide areas.

The fact Liverpool director of football Damien Comolli and manager Kenny Dalglish have travelled to the Far East for a pre-season tour was also thought to indicate there was no imminent transfer activity.

But Sky Sports sources understand a deal for Downing could be finalised in the early stages of next week.

It has been questioned whether the soon-to-be-27-year-old Downing meets the criteria for young talent sought by Liverpool, which has already resulted in the signings of Jordan Henderson and Charlie Adam.
But Dalglish wants quality in wide areas and Downing's crossing ability is viewed as a vital factor in the short-term target to return the club to the top four of the Premier League.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next