Donuts
windkick
The Franchise
44 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 7 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by futbol Fri May 15, 2015 2:07 am

You would trust something like Neymar-Munir-Messi or Neymar-Messi-Pedro to win against, for example, Atletico this coming weekend? I guess we will see if Suarez is indeed out.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri May 15, 2015 3:36 am

Oh, one thing that hasn't been discussed in this section before (not that I'm aware of). What's your thoughts on Paul Pogba? It's no secret Bartomeu is trying to get him for his campaign to get elected (I won't say "re-elected" because ... well ... Laughing). He hired Marotta's best man Braida to negotiate for Pogba ffs. Laughing

As I said in the GS, I can't say I'm overly impressed. On the other hand midfield will need reinforcing and the players that would suit Barca aren't available (Modric, Verratti) or are uncertain to get back to their best (Gündogan). Pogba probably is getable, albeit for about € 100M.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri May 15, 2015 8:06 am

We don't need anyone upfront. We have the 3 best forwards + Pedro, Sandro, Munir, Denis Suarez, Deulofeu and Adama. Off course I would trust a front line of Messi- Neymar + some of this guys to win vs Atletico. Not less than Neymar - Messi + Vietto/Brahimi/Lacazette.

Signing a player it's just blocking the path for one of the young guys for a player that will hardly play anyway because all of our 3 forwards want to start almost every game.

Pogba, even if he doesn't play great, he is a force in midfield. We could see it against Madrid. He was "meh", but still he was an imposing player. I would sign him especially if the alternative is him going to Madrid. We can't give them a very probable world beater for the next 8 years. 100 milion is way too much for him though, he isn't a forward neither clearly the best midfielder. If he goes around 60 I would definitely pay that much.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Fri May 15, 2015 8:42 am

I agree with free.
Our spare forwards are fine for second options.
Also there’s Tello on loan who is doing more than decent in Porto, right?
On Pogba I’m sold for anything less than an astronomic price.
There’s not a single player I’d pay 100m to get now.
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Fri May 15, 2015 9:44 am

I also agree with free. Regarding forwards, what better options exist there in the market that would agree to play second fiddle to MSN? None!

As for Pogba, I really like him somehow. If we still had Thiago, I would not try so much for him but we all know how that went.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Fri May 15, 2015 3:56 pm

free_cat wrote:We don't need anyone upfront. We have the 3 best forwards + Pedro, Sandro, Munir, Denis Suarez, Deulofeu and Adama. Off course I would trust a front line of Messi- Neymar + some of this guys to win vs Atletico. Not less than Neymar - Messi + Vietto/Brahimi/Lacazette.

Signing a player it's just blocking the path for one of the young guys for a player that will hardly play anyway because all of our 3 forwards want to start almost every game.

Pogba, even if he doesn't play great, he is a force in midfield. We could see it against Madrid. He was "meh", but still he was an imposing player. I would sign him especially if the alternative is him going to Madrid. We can't give them a very probable world beater for the next 8 years. 100 milion is way too much for him though, he isn't a forward neither clearly the best midfielder. If he goes around 60 I would definitely pay that much.

Over all I agree with you, but some of those guys aren't coming back (or leaving).

Pedro - rumored to be headed to Inter
Sandro - Can we really depend on him on big games?
Munir - Can we really depend on him on big games?
Denis Suarez - He isn't coming back. We loaned him out on a 2 year loan with an option to buy. Pretty much we gave him away to Sevilla
Deulofeu - Can't even get on the bench against the lesser teams for Sevilla, all of a sudden you think he can crack our bench vs big teams?
Tello - Same situation as D. Suarez, he isn't coming back. We actually have a clause where we practically have to purchase him back to end his loan...so yea he's gone
Adama - Can we really depend on him on big games?

So Pedro leaves this summer, that would leave us with a bunch of kids (Sandro, Munir, Adama) that likely should go on loan and get regular playing time as oppose to just playing a few mins every once in a while with us.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri May 15, 2015 4:47 pm

Guys I dont want Nasri Laughing I was simply naming the types of players who could be available.

And I dont agree with the overall sentiment we dont need a forward. Dont confuse what I am saying to mean we dont need other areas alot more, we do, but I also believe we do need a forward.

Its nice to say what abou Deulofeu, Adama, Suarez, Rafinha, Sandro and Munir...but what belief can he have they will have any roles next season as a forward?

Didnt Munir and Sandro perform way above expectations when Suarez was out? I think they did...and they still saw zero game time once Suarez came back.

Deulofeu, Suarez and Adama? The first two wont be back, I think thats quite clear. Suarez also isnt even a forward. Same as Rafinha, not a forward either.

Adama is another story, maybe he can do something...But why hasnt he been included this season, even a little bit?

My opinion on Pedro doesnt need repeating.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri May 15, 2015 4:51 pm

Fußball wrote:Oh, one thing that hasn't been discussed in this section before (not that I'm aware of). What's your thoughts on Paul Pogba? It's no secret Bartomeu is trying to get him for his campaign to get elected (I won't say "re-elected" because ... well ... Laughing). He hired Marotta's best man Braida to negotiate for Pogba ffs. Laughing

As I said in the GS, I can't say I'm overly impressed. On the other hand midfield will need reinforcing and the players that would suit Barca aren't available (Modric, Verratti) or are uncertain to get back to their best (Gündogan). Pogba probably is getable, albeit for about € 100M.

Fan of his talent to be honest, though his decision making needs alot of work. Dont think he is the kind of player I would choose and as I said I dont like some of his decision making...but he is still young and will improve in this area, no question about that.

Would have to have patient with him. He is very rough around the edges but his physical talents mixed with technical skills are quite rare.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri May 15, 2015 4:55 pm

Said this before but isn't Pogba just better than Rakitic at almost everything? Add to the fact he's absolutely more gifted athletically.

I can see why you want him tbh, but one of two things would have to happen.

1. Iniesta needs to get back to his best all the time

2. You'll need to get a Verratti type as well.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri May 15, 2015 5:00 pm

Agree. But I would say Rakitic takes less risks than Pogba, therefore making less mistakes.

It seems everyone is adverse to players who dont take risks...you know, until they take a risk and mess up..
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri May 15, 2015 5:10 pm

The Franchise wrote:Agree. But I would say Rakitic takes less risks than Pogba, therefore making less mistakes.

It seems everyone is adverse to players who dont take risks...you know, until they take a risk and mess up..

Rakitic also balances his movements with Messi. I mean when Messi moves centrally he drifts over to the right until Messi goes back to the wing. Now I don't doubt Pogba could do the same thing, but I think he's more likely to go in for the glory himself by taking needless risks. While Rakitic is much more conservative and is less likely to do so.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Fri May 15, 2015 5:19 pm

Pogba coming would surely mean he would take more of a Xavi type role, as in have the majority of his game in midfield, no? Rakitic's best seasons with Sevilla were playing as an attacking mid, which is not what we use him as (Iniesta still pretty much plays that role). So correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't bringing in Pogba completley change our midfield tacitcs? Same as if we were to bring in someone like Kovacic.
idk, I have to give it more thought before I post further on this, but yes I would like what Pogba would bring to the table (or what the rumored Kovacic transfer would do to our midfield)
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat May 16, 2015 12:35 am

Nah, I think Pogba is very adaptable. I have seen him playing holding midfield, attacking midfield, in a 2 man midfield, a 3 man midfield and given his attributes (physique, dribbling) it wouldnt be much of a stretch for him to play a midfield role with responsibility to move out wide.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Sat May 16, 2015 4:13 pm

The Franchise wrote:

Didnt Munir and Sandro perform way above expectations when Suarez was out? I think they did...and they still saw zero game time once Suarez came back.

this is mainly due to the fact that MSN wanted to play full 90 mins the whole time and we had to keep Pedro somewhat happy and interestede until the season ends.
If you ask me you replace Pedro's cameo apearances with Munir/Sandro and nothing changes really
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat May 16, 2015 4:59 pm

billy_gr wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

this is mainly due to the fact that MSN wanted to play full 90 mins the whole time and we had to keep Pedro somewhat happy and interestede until the season ends.
If you ask me you replace Pedro's cameo apearances with Munir/Sandro and nothing changes really

Thats true, but do you think all 3 will go again a full season without injuries?

I agree, changing Munir/Sandro for Pedro wont change so much based on that fact Pedro dont play that much now. But if they did have to play much, that could be a potential problem.

I usually disagree with the notion of signing players based on the assumption of injury, but I think in this case its safe to say the assumption is granted.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat May 16, 2015 7:43 pm

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 7 CFIVNDlWYAAfN3F

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sun May 17, 2015 1:18 am

I'm sorry but what are we looking at in that picture?
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun May 17, 2015 1:23 am

Braida, the new sporting director, in Turin (presumably to make an offer for Pogba)

Can he really commit the club to a 80m+ purchase in an election year? What if he signs him and the new team doesn't like him?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sun May 17, 2015 7:32 am

I image he is showing up for a gentlemans agreement of some sort, pretty much asking them to hold on to him for one more season so we can get him next summer (doubt they sell him to us in the winter window). This favors Juve as they get to keep him at least one more season and would keep other clubs from diggin in for him this summer
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun May 17, 2015 9:51 pm

Usually time settles most debates, but this time it was pretty fast. Not trusting Pedro to replace Neymar and Suarez to win a tough game like atletico away...
Great game from Pedro, just a pity he didn't score, definitely deserved it.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon May 18, 2015 12:07 am

He's usually so hot and cold it's ridiculous, and even when he's hot, he really isn't hot. His prime has clearly already passed and we can find someone that fits our current game better
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon May 18, 2015 8:21 am

windkick wrote:He's usually so hot and cold it's ridiculous, and even when he's hot, he really isn't hot. His prime has clearly already passed and we can find someone that fits our current game better

He played much better than Neymar yesterday, and made 3 ridiculous plays that Jiopsi would have already giffed everywhere had it been Messi.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon May 18, 2015 9:15 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Said this before but isn't Pogba just better than Rakitic at almost everything? Add to the fact he's absolutely more gifted athletically.

On the Pogba debate, I don't see why people are comparing him to Rakitic. If Pogba came, he would be mostly to replace Iniesta IMO. Roating with both Rakitic and Iniesta the first years, and finally replacing Iniesta in due time. And he is not better at everything compared to Rakitic, he is a worse passer than Rakitic.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon May 18, 2015 4:02 pm

Maybe we should sell Neymar and start Pedro then
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon May 18, 2015 4:57 pm

windkick wrote:Maybe we should sell Neymar and start Pedro then

Straight swap with Bale. He's better than Pedro tbh. Neymar has to come home Proud
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon May 18, 2015 5:00 pm

free_cat wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Said this before but isn't Pogba just better than Rakitic at almost everything? Add to the fact he's absolutely more gifted athletically.

On the Pogba debate, I don't see why people are comparing him to Rakitic. If Pogba came, he would be mostly to replace Iniesta IMO. Roating with both Rakitic and Iniesta the first years, and finally replacing Iniesta in due time. And he is not better at everything compared to Rakitic, he is a worse passer than Rakitic.

Which is why i said almost everything, also if you plan to get Pogba as Iniesta's successor you'll need another playmaker. See complaints about control in midfield with Rakitic and Iniesta it would be 10x worse with Pogba and Rakitic.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next