windkick
The Franchise
44 posters

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 8 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon May 18, 2015 5:00 pm

free_cat wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Said this before but isn't Pogba just better than Rakitic at almost everything? Add to the fact he's absolutely more gifted athletically.

I can see why you want him tbh, but one of two things would have to happen.

1. Iniesta needs to get back to his best all the time

2. You'll need to get a Verratti type as well.

On the Pogba debate, I don't see why people are comparing him to Rakitic. If Pogba came, he would be mostly to replace Iniesta IMO. Roating with both Rakitic and Iniesta the first years, and finally replacing Iniesta in due time. And he is not better at everything compared to Rakitic, he is a worse passer than Rakitic.

Which is why i said almost everything, also if you plan to get Pogba as Iniesta's successor you'll need another playmaker. See complaints about control in midfield with Rakitic and Iniesta it would be 10x worse with Pogba and Rakitic.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue May 19, 2015 12:16 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
free_cat wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Said this before but isn't Pogba just better than Rakitic at almost everything? Add to the fact he's absolutely more gifted athletically.

I can see why you want him tbh, but one of two things would have to happen.

1. Iniesta needs to get back to his best all the time

2. You'll need to get a Verratti type as well.

On the Pogba debate, I don't see why people are comparing him to Rakitic. If Pogba came, he would be mostly to replace Iniesta IMO. Roating with both Rakitic and Iniesta the first years, and finally replacing Iniesta in due time. And he is not better at everything compared to Rakitic, he is a worse passer than Rakitic.

Which is why i said almost everything, also if you plan to get Pogba as Iniesta's successor you'll need another playmaker. See complaints about control in midfield with Rakitic and Iniesta it would be 10x worse with Pogba and Rakitic.

I think we would be fine. We wouldn't have any less control than now. Press us high, and we would pass long and if intercepted surely get the second ball with Rakitic - Pogba. Seet deeper, and we can control with Rakitic - Pogba.

Another reason we don't need to sign any forward: Any forward we sign, won't be able to play until january. And in january, Lee Seung Woo will finally be 18th and available to play, initially for the B team. But he is so good that I'm pretty sure he'll be able to play for the 1st team inmmediately.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Tue May 19, 2015 1:27 pm

agree with free.
I really don't miss the 80% possession stat as long as the team delivers
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue May 19, 2015 6:53 pm

free_cat wrote:
free_cat wrote:

I think we would be fine. We wouldn't have any less control than now. Press us high, and we would pass long and if intercepted surely get the second ball with Rakitic - Pogba. Seet deeper, and we can control with Rakitic - Pogba.

Another reason we don't need to sign any forward: Any forward we sign, won't be able to play until january. And in january, Lee Seung Woo will finally be 18th and available to play, initially for the B team. But he is so good that I'm pretty sure he'll be able to play for the 1st team inmmediately.

The step up from the junior to the big league is a giant one.A lot of wonderkids fail to make the step up and fade away into oblivion.There are examples from our own cantera.The likes of Bojan and most recently Deulofeu.You were quite confident that Deulofeu was good enough to start for us and was a superstar in the making.Now he is struggling to make Sevilla's bench.Point is that the probability of wonderkids turning out as predicted is quite low.
Lee Seung Woo might well turn out to be a superstar but we need a quality backup forward for next season and beyond. Assuming we win the CL,the workload is going to be crazy next season and MSN wont be able to handle it.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue May 19, 2015 10:28 pm

billy_gr wrote:agree with free.
I really don't miss the 80% possession stat as long as the team delivers

Im a quite surprised you say this.

First of all, I think you already know that possession stats and controlling a game are not the same thing.

Second, controlling a game is a tool which would help a team "delivey". Do we not control games now alot better than earlier in the season? I think we certainly do. The Sociedad game was an example of this. We were 1 up and totally limited their chances to score while probing for the eventual goal to kill all hope of a comeback.

Control of the game is simply limiting the opponents chances to bare minimum and getting yourself the best chance to finish games off. Every single team wants control.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue May 19, 2015 11:06 pm

dw, Braida will carry the transfer department from the depths of Zubi's Inferno IMO
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed May 20, 2015 12:01 am

That's all I wanted adter the winter break, control. I didn't care about possession, but those games vs Sevilla, Celta etc were unacceptable
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed May 20, 2015 12:08 am

"Nobody" cares about possession.

We had possession vs Bayern when they smashed us 7-0...but we had no control. We had possession passing it along the backline, as soon as it entered the midfield we got the ball stolen off us time and time again. We controlled nothing.

Brazil even had possession the early part of the Germany thrashing, but again the same thing..as soon as it entered midfield, they got ruined.

Everyone already knows its about where you kept the ball.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed May 20, 2015 5:58 am

Buyout clause of Marc Bartra (23) will drop to 10M because he played less than 60% of games this season. Several clubs interested. [sport]

we're such a joke of a club lmao who the fuk in the right mind makes these types of contracts with our potential players
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed May 20, 2015 6:20 am

lmao GOAT clause.

Luckily no elite club will be interested in Bartra, even for € 10M, so not a big deal.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed May 20, 2015 7:04 am

Doesn't have to be an elite club that takes him for us to lose a more than capable back up player.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Deja Vu Wed May 20, 2015 7:14 am

:facepalm: Laughing

Doubt he's leaving so soon, anyway.
Deja Vu
Deja Vu
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed May 20, 2015 7:42 am

CBarca wrote:Doesn't have to be an elite club that takes him for us to lose a more than capable back up player.

I don't see him leaving Barca for something like Porto unlike for example Tello who made clear he wanted playing time and caused unrest in the dressing room. Remember Pique last season declaring that the "doors are open" for those who are unhappy. Bartra on the other hand seems quite content living the bench life.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed May 20, 2015 7:49 am

I see Bartra leaving, easily.

with verm back into the team he is now our 5th choice centerback behind pique, masch, mathieu, verm.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed May 20, 2015 7:56 am

Oh, yeah. Next season he'll maybe consider when Vermaelen eats up even more of his minutes. I'm talking about this summer.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed May 20, 2015 8:02 am

Also lol @ these "60 % of the available minutes" clauses. Like WTF? Rakitic is a starter, hasn't been injured and even he has only played 64 % of the total available minutes in La Liga + CL purely because of rotations. Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed May 20, 2015 8:16 am

@Dani. We don’t disagree here. I only meant to tease people who cling on stats a little bit.
On the other hand it’s perfectly fine if pill victories in games you don’t control.
It’s great if you are built to control every single game but it’s also vital to have the capability to win games when things don’t go your way.
I believe LE’s team has the tools to do that unlike previous sides.

On other transfer related issues: who the hell approves these clauses in the player contracts and do we have the option to call Tello back next season?
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed May 20, 2015 8:17 am

I think Tello would is much more suited for LE’s type of game than Tata’s team. I would definitely give him a chance if Pedro goes
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed May 20, 2015 8:57 am

Bartra for 10 milion is a gift. He is an international with Spain and easily one of the best young CB in the world. I would be all over him if I was Chelsea, Milan, Arsenal, City, Dortmund to replace Hummels and many other teams that could do with a CB like him. Thanks idiot Bartu.

Last edited by free_cat on Wed May 20, 2015 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed May 20, 2015 9:13 am

alexjanosik wrote:
free_cat wrote:

The step up from the junior to the big league is a giant one.A lot of wonderkids fail to make the step up and fade away into oblivion.There are examples from our own cantera.The likes of Bojan and most recently Deulofeu.You were quite confident that Deulofeu was good enough to start for us and was a superstar in the making.Now he is struggling to make Sevilla's bench.Point is that the probability of wonderkids turning out as predicted is quite low.
Lee Seung Woo might well turn out to be a superstar but we need a quality backup forward for next season and beyond. Assuming we win the CL,the workload is going to be crazy next season and MSN wont be able to handle it.

I never expected Bojan to be a world beater, and he was at a certain point a good player to us, helping us win the 2009/2010 league with 8 goals in the last 10 games. We would have a CL more if we had seated Ibra for Bojan for the Inter games.

Deulofeu, is quite young and still can be a superstar. He has been very good with Sevilla before being permabenched. His problem is not about quality, but about mentality, consistency and defensive abilities. I think he'll follow a Quaresma path: he can be a star only in a team centered around him and not elite... but if he changed a little bit... I don't think he will at this point, many years hoping for this change.

Finally, Lee Seung Woo is just on another level. I haven't seen a better player in our youth ranks (didn't watch Messi) and especially a more mature one. He is incredibly technically gifted, quick, a great dribler, goalscorer, can even head the ball... but the more impressive thing is his maturity. He makes 1-2s, he passes, he plays for the team. He plays like a 25 year old, not like a 17 year old wonderkid who tries all the time to beat 5 players.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed May 20, 2015 9:27 am

thing i have against lee is that he's playing against people his age group and not so serious tournaments.
even bigger problem i have with him is his lack of physical strength, and this is against people his age.. i can't imagine him in our b team doing too well let alone first division until he bulks up
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed May 20, 2015 4:20 pm

Oh lord, wtf is up with these release clauses? I get they have to insert them, but the way this Bartra one was handled and Thiagos...come on. Why are they garunteed so much playing time? I mean does Real Madrid not also have these clauses? They have all those big names on the bench and you never hear that they didn't play enough minutes and now have a low buy out clause
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed May 20, 2015 5:27 pm

Madrid just doesn't have youth products with a starting chance to attach these clauses to.

The way I see it, we either sell Masche or sell Bartra, but enough space for both.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed May 20, 2015 6:52 pm

Bartra's buyout fee hasn't dropped. It's 25M, would become 12M if he plays less than 50 games in 2 seasons, but already played 54. [md]
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Deja Vu Thu May 21, 2015 12:15 am

Real Madrid coach, Carlo Ancelotti, on Barcelona's list of possible replacements for Luis Enrique should the Asturian leave at the end of the season because of his differences with Lionel Messi. [El Pais]

Is it THAT slow over in Spanish newspapers offices? Laughing
Deja Vu
Deja Vu
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu May 21, 2015 4:46 am

enrique deserves to stay minimum two more years after what he's done this year.
he'd have to really fk up next season for it to cost him his job
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next