Donuts
windkick
The Franchise
44 posters

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 33 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by Donuts Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:53 am

well that's the thing i don't know which is why i said i wont be happy if we don't replace him with a young player.
right now there isn't any good leftback other than alba/marcelo

in 2 years who knows who will be the best.

Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:53 am

The Franchise wrote:Honestly I feel I am over analysing this situation.

This isnt even about the quality of Grimaldo or Samper, I mean I can see with my own eyes they have quality to play for the first team. I am wasting time debating the merits of Samper over Roberto, its not even a question.

Enrique is simply doing what Mourinho has done for years and will continue to do. And that is to favour experience over talent, established over youth.

He knows there is no telling how long he will be around, so he wants to do the best he can do now. And that doesnt involve bringing in some kid who might make mistakes and needs coaching and guidance, even if that means a much better option 2 years from now...he would rather sign some experienced (be it in age, or experience of the league) guy who will likely take less time to build himself.

It is clear in everything he does.

We need CB's, he co-signs Vermaelen and Matheiu with a combined age of 60.

We already have goalie of the future MATS, he wants older experienced Bravo and proceeds to make him defacto first choice.

Rakitic, Suarez, Vidal and Turan...I like and dislike these signings on various degrees but can we all agree they are experienced (La Liga or otherwise) players for the here and now?

In the youth section, its a clear trend. Adama, Grimaldo, Samper...these 3 were all fantastic for Barca B, no doubt the best 3 players by a distance. Where were there chances? Instead we have the real possibility of losing all 3, and all at our own choices.

No, its not Barts fault. However, he (at least in theory) isnt a puppet. I am not saying he should stick his nose in footballing matters the way Perez does but since when was Barca only about winning football games today?

I see a Barca in which everyone involved only cares about today.

Enrique knows what Barca is about, there is no way he should take exception to using youth players more.

Anyway, if anyone wanted to see highlights of Grimaldo last season

Highlights only or not, it should be obvious that anyone like Mathieu is not in his league skill-wise.

Then again, maybe skill dont matter any more?

That's not true. Just look at Mourinho's transfers at Madrid and Chelsea.

Regarding this Grimaldo kid, the club is trying to make the most of what's left of Messi's prime, be it 2,3,4,5 years or God knows. Imagine a scenario when Alba gets injured in April and can't play the semi-finals of the CL, what is Enrique going to do, play a 20 years old kid ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:21 pm

Abdennour (Monaco): "I'm ready to play at Barcelona. I'm very competitive and I think I have what's needed to triumph at Barça." [sport]

Abdennour: "I don't know if Barça called our president, but he decides. I'd like clubs to find a deal. I'm willing to wait until January."

This guy...
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:06 pm

Valkyrja wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Honestly I feel I am over analysing this situation.

This isnt even about the quality of Grimaldo or Samper, I mean I can see with my own eyes they have quality to play for the first team. I am wasting time debating the merits of Samper over Roberto, its not even a question.

Enrique is simply doing what Mourinho has done for years and will continue to do. And that is to favour experience over talent, established over youth.

He knows there is no telling how long he will be around, so he wants to do the best he can do now. And that doesnt involve bringing in some kid who might make mistakes and needs coaching and guidance, even if that means a much better option 2 years from now...he would rather sign some experienced (be it in age, or experience of the league) guy who will likely take less time to build himself.

It is clear in everything he does.

We need CB's, he co-signs Vermaelen and Matheiu with a combined age of 60.

We already have goalie of the future MATS, he wants older experienced Bravo and proceeds to make him defacto first choice.

Rakitic, Suarez, Vidal and Turan...I like and dislike these signings on various degrees but can we all agree they are experienced (La Liga or otherwise) players for the here and now?

In the youth section, its a clear trend. Adama, Grimaldo, Samper...these 3 were all fantastic for Barca B, no doubt the best 3 players by a distance. Where were there chances? Instead we have the real possibility of losing all 3, and all at our own choices.

No, its not Barts fault. However, he (at least in theory) isnt a puppet. I am not saying he should stick his nose in footballing matters the way Perez does but since when was Barca only about winning football games today?

I see a Barca in which everyone involved only cares about today.

Enrique knows what Barca is about, there is no way he should take exception to using youth players more.

Anyway, if anyone wanted to see highlights of Grimaldo last season

Highlights only or not, it should be obvious that anyone like Mathieu is not in his league skill-wise.

Then again, maybe skill dont matter any more?

That's not true. Just look at Mourinho's transfers at Madrid and Chelsea.

Regarding this Grimaldo kid, the club is trying to make the most of what's left of Messi's prime, be it 2,3,4,5 years or God knows. Imagine a scenario when Alba gets injured in April and can't play the semi-finals of the CL, what is Enrique going to do, play a 20 years old kid ?

We would likely still play Mathieu and Vermalean in big games until Alba returns, and Grimaldo could rotate in the smaller La Liga games (this is all if Adriano leaves, if not then Adriano would get the big games).

Whoever impresses the most as Alba's back up should start the big games, simple as that. If Grimaldo shows he is ready to slot in then I don't see what the fuss is. I mean we played Montoya in big UCL games last year and that guy is garbage, lol.

In other news, Stoke are about to get another Barca player. Already got Moha from Barca B, and have Bojan and Muniesa, and are now set to sign Ibrahim Afellay who is currently out of contract and is having a medical with them
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:10 pm

Roma offer 4M plus incentives for Barcelona full back Adriano (30). Barcelona want 8M for the Brazilian player. [sky]
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:39 pm

Pedro would only leave this summer to join Man United. If he doesn't leave now, he'll stay until next summer, won't leave in January. [rac1]

Man United will try to sign Pedro if Di Maria is sold in the coming days. Their first bid will be 15M, willing to pay 30-32M. [rac1]
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:13 pm

well then why would we accept 15M, if they are willing to pay 32M? lmao

Lets see how our new sporting director does. If this was Zubi, Utd would offer 15M, and we would counter with a 4 year loan and we cover the wages lol
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:54 pm

i don't know much about vidal but he can play left back as-well correct?
if alba gets injured we just play alves on rb and vidal in lb.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:09 pm

Donuts wrote:i don't know much about vidal but he can play left back as-well correct?
if alba gets injured we just play alves on rb and vidal in lb.

I don't think so...
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:27 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Spoiler:
Agreed with every word. Ever since Tito left the club we have not trusted the youth at all.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:26 am

Because Barcelona is refusing to sell full back Adriano (30), Italian club Roma has started looking at other options. [gazzetta]

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:03 pm

Monaco vice-president Vasilyev was yesterday in Barcelona for talks on Aymen Abdennour. No deal, but talks are well-advanced. [footmercato]

This was... unexpected. We will have 6 CBs if it happens hmm
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:57 pm

Allot of damn defenders.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:24 pm

Is this for real? Laughing If it is, RIP Bartra.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:36 pm

Yeah life ain't easy for Bartra though I rate him higher than Verm and especially Mathieu but he doesn't seem to be what the coach is looking for.

He is great going forward and solid at the back with occasional brainfart but i've always rated him quite highly.

Honestly doubt those Abdennour links are legit I mean why would we be looking for a CB when we already have five in the squad.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:33 pm

Cause half of them are getting old, and the other Lucho doesn't rate. So which one of that group do you pair with Pique?

That said I'm just stating the clubs logic, which doesn't make any sense. Verm and Mathieu were never really need even though Math came in very handy. The should of just bought one solid guy to pair with Pique from the start
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:37 pm

Yeah. By the way, Abdennour would only be signed in case Bartra left... And now that he's certainly staying we are no longer interested
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:59 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
Spoiler:
Agreed with every word. Ever since Tito left the club we have not trusted the youth at all.

The comical part is, Madrid are doing the opposite now and investing quite a bit in youth. Asensio has been a star for the EC winning Spanish U19s this summer. Looking a bit like Isco. We were close to signing him and he is a Barca fan full of Barca praise in his Twitter history (which he obviously deleted after joining Mehdrid)

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 33 B3RB35lCcAAtvKN

but decided to haggle over 1 or 2 million Euros (buyout fee € 4M, Zubi reportedly only wanted to pay 2). Isco, Ödegaard, Carvajal, Varane. Madrid reportedly signed 19 year old CB Vallejo from Zaragoza. In a few years the efforts will pay off, no doubt about it.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:54 am

linetty wrote:Monaco vice-president Vasilyev was yesterday in Barcelona for talks on Aymen Abdennour. No deal, but talks are well-advanced. [footmercato]

This was... unexpected. We will have 6 CBs if it happens hmm
If this happens then we have to sell Masche and Bartra. We have one too many CBs as it is...
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:07 am

Linked to Nolito as a Pedro replacement. Like that tbh. Nolito is a good player.

Edit: Then again, he turns 29 soon. WTF?! I had him down somewhere around 25.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:01 am

Sell 28 year old Pedro sign, ex Barca player that's 29

I like Nolito, just wish we were after younger hot stars. Depay and Januzai just played well against us, as mentioned allot of the other big clubs are signing these young players and what not and for years now we are only linked with selling our hottest B players and purchasing near 30 year old La Liga players. At this rate they will have to constantly keep rebuilding the squad because the squad will continue to get old so fast. Pep built a great foundation for us and the board is lucky that same foundation has been the heart of this club, if not we would be abysmal
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:15 pm

So... let me get this straight.... you people want to sell 28 year old Pedro to sign an inferior 29 year old?

:facepalm:
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:19 pm

Hmmm. This smells really fishy. I was so proud of Massia and Farto is killing it (probably with Lucho). But he is the one to say stop on this!
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:16 pm

Nolito is coming off a great season but he's too old. We should have gotten Vietto earlier Mad

Anyway recent reports say Rafinha will be viewed as 4th forward if Pedro leaves and no one will be signed.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:05 pm

free_cat wrote:So... let me get this straight.... you people want to sell 28 year old Pedro to sign an inferior 29 year old?

:facepalm:

Not me, that's what the board wants to do. I said if we sell Pedro I wish we would sign someone younger to rebuild, a hot prospect (no one in mind). I was shitting on the board for even mentioning Nolito who is older than Pedro.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:11 pm

linetty wrote:Nolito is coming off a great season but he's too old. We should have gotten Vietto earlier Mad

Anyway recent reports say Rafinha will be viewed as 4th forward if Pedro leaves and no one will be signed.

so Gumbao to get promoted and play midfield, Samper sold? lol
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next