[ 6 ]
Klopp's next gig - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Klopp's next gig - Page 2 Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 7 ]
Klopp's next gig - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%Klopp's next gig - Page 2 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 35

Klopp's next gig - Page 2 Empty Re: Klopp's next gig

Post by Glory Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:44 pm

Will take a sabbatical like Pep for an year and after that he will take up Real job.
For some reason I cant see him at City. I think between City and Ars, the latter have more chance to snap him.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:45 pm

Lumiere_Blanche wrote:Will take a sabbatical like Pep for an year and after that he will take up Real job.
For some reason I cant see him at City. I think between City and Ars, the latter have more chance to snap him.

No chance at Arsenal.

Wenger is at his best position since last decade and will want to see our his 20th anniversary in November 1996 (if I ain't mistaken). He'll see his contract out until 2017 and he should.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:46 pm

Klopp is heading to England, I have no doubt about it.

He' often talked about his affinity for English football, he knows the language, he loves the attention he's been getting from English media, while English media love him in about the same way Christoph Waltz keeps getting showered upon with Academy Awards by Hollywood.

It really should be Liverpool tbh.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:50 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Klopp is heading to England, I have no doubt about it.

He' often talked about his affinity for English football, he knows the language, he loves the attention he's been getting from English media, while English media love him in about the same way Christoph Waltz keeps getting showered upon with Academy Awards by Hollywood.

It really should be Liverpool tbh.

Not to mention he basically has pulled the "moneyball" that FSG has been banging on about. He is basically what FSG hope and want Rodgers to develop into.

So...do they ditch the developing article to just hire the finished article ? Sounds like an opportunity to them. It'll depend on how our season finishes. Interesting stuff.

I really can't see him at City. That City team is the most un-suited to Klopp's tactics....it'll require a massive massive rebuild which will be difficult with FFP in place and he will be expected to set the league on fire straight away.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:52 pm

If you think about Liverpool would be just a perfect match for him.
Similar to the Dortmund scenario, albeit on an elevated level.

If he wins things with City, which is not at all guaranteed btw, people will still go meh.
Think what would go on if he could actually turn Liverpool into some sort of powerhouse.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:55 pm

Bayern don't have a decent coach atm, and could consider a switch in the summer...
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:55 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:If you think about Liverpool would be just a perfect match for him.

If he wins things with City, which is not at all guaranteed btw, people will still go meh.
Think what would go on if he could actually turn Liverpool into some sort of powerhouse.

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense.

Young, good with youth players, already proven he can win trophies (Something Rodgers hasn't), performed in Europe.

Also, VERY IMPORTANT...he's happily worked with a DOF before. That's the model FSG ideally wanted before Rodgers rejected it. and he seems like a personality who'd relish the Liverpool job.

I really think Rodgers needs to win the cup (not that it saved Dalglish), or hope for City's collapse to continue for top 4. John Henry is a ruthless businessman. Sunday's FA Cup semi just got a lot bigger.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:56 pm

Can't see Barca (too much of a difference in play style for the fans to go for it) or us (do I really need to explain Laughing) which leaves Liverpool, Man City, and Real. Liverpool seems likely but personally I'd love to see him at Madrid, purely because the games against Athletico would be very interesting.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:58 pm

What I want you to do viva, is close you're eyes and imagine that Pep is named 'Sepp' and Thiago 'Thilo'... how do you feel about them now?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:59 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:What I want you do viva, is close you're eyes and imagine that Pep is named 'Sepp' and Thiago 'Thilo'... how do you feel about them now?

That's me Smile . Imagine me managing Bayern. That'd be wonderful.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:06 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:If you think about Liverpool would be just a perfect match for him.

But why would they want to sack Rodgers ? Had it been not for their poor first half of the season they would have been in much better position right now. Has shown enough to convince that he can make them big himself tbh.
And Especially since he wasnt at fault to their relatively failed transfer window. Or was he ?

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:09 pm

Lumiere_Blanche wrote:
But why would they want to sack Rodgers ? Had it been not for their poor first half of the season they would have been in much better position right now. Has shown enough to convince that he can make them big himself tbh.
And Especially since he wasnt at fault to their relatively failed transfer window. Or was he ?

Good questions. I don't know. I meant from Klopp's point of view it would be ideal.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:20 pm

From Rodgers point of view he shot himself in the foot in the summer transfer window with his marquee signings Lovren and Lallana. They were both his signings. The committee forced Balotelli on him but the Southampton trio were all his doing. He had north of 130m to spend and he really set himself back in a summer where 2-3 sure starters needed to be added.

He basically handicapped himself for a half a season.

Now granted, he's done relatively well to climb out of the hole, it's partially his fault that he's leaving himself exposed to the risk of getting sacked if someone better is available.

We're not gonna sack Rodgers if he manages to somehow get top 4 and win the FA Cup. His record in his 3 seasons at Liverpool would be getting top 4 twice, nearly winning the title, and winning a trophy. That's everything we could have hoped for when we hired him.

But if he doesn't win FA Cup and doesn't get top 4, FSG will have something to think about. Essentially his tenure will look more of a mediocre one after 3 years than what we hoped after spending nearly 300m on the squad in that span.

And if Klopp, the dream manager for FSG's philosophy, is available and he actually was open to the idea of coming to Liverpool, then FSG will definitely think about it and they have shown to be ruthless.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:34 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:Yep.

BVB placed 13th when Klopp took charge.
08/09 netspend: €1,5m
09/10 netspend: €4,6m
10/11 netspend: €950k

In that season, BVB win the title

11/12 netspend: €640k PROFIT

Yet Klopp wins the title for a 2nd consecutive season & wins the DFB Pokal, beating Bayern 5-2 in the finals.

Tactically, destroys the most expensively assembled squad in football, beating Mourinho 4-1 in CL Semi....only losing the CL final to one of the greatest teams of our generation (and BVB without their best player)

But sadly in football, you're only as good as your last season Laughing

He'll have plenty of offers.

I can see our owners having a chat if we bottle the Cup or don't get 4th.

I find this funny given Liverpool are likely to end in at least 5th, made the semis of the COC and only lost to Chelsea after ET, are in the semis of the FA cup, and are coming off a season where they finished 2nd mostly due to a personal mistake/slip by a player (not the manager) and you're talking about 'you're only as good as your last season' asking for Klopp over Rodgers.

:coffee:
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:36 pm

Dude El Cujo, do you realize when you laugh off the notion that 'you're only as good as your last season' then essentially you are talking about comparing the managers CV's over their careers. I'm afraid you're going to lose that argument if you're backing Rodgers over Klopp in that debate.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:45 pm

Are you back on the Rodgers out wagon? I can't tell.

I think it's just stupid for a club to sack a manager who's been successful to this point with a club that was trending downward and needed a lot of work, with a limited budget (relative) and no star player appeal, just to buy a guy that took one of the best teams in terms of talent to the bottom of another league because he's been successful in the past. It sets a bad precedent and I'm not a fan of switching managers every three years.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:50 pm

You don't have to be so defensive about Rodgers man. I know what he's done for us and what he hasn't done for us. I want what's best for the club, I know you do too. And what's best for the club is that FSG at least think about this new opportunity if Rodgers fails to get us in CL for next season.

Even if Klopp ends up at United or City, I'm not go around wearing my red tinted glasses and pretending as if Rodgers is a better manager than Klopp or has achieved anything remotely close to him at this point in time.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:58 pm

FSG should always consider what's best for the club, I agree. The issue I have is that I don't consider it best for the club to unsettle our manager, or to carry unrealistic standards. Getting top 4 this year was always going to be a struggle with a huge drop in form early in the season, the loss of Suarez, and the addition of so many new players. Not to mention every other member of the top 4 has more money to spend, better rosters, and are bigger draws than us at the moment (by a combination of experience, success and money).

If Liverpool are going to be successful they have to have a long term vision not a short term one since they are not able to spend like Chelsea, City or United were to completely revamp the squad. Rodgers, IMO, has to have that long term vision and, I personally, can see what he's doing and think it will lead to success. Does that mean titles and trophies right now? Maybe, maybe not. But I feel like sacking him just to hire Klopp could easily be throwing the baby out with the bathwater, so to speak.

All I know is that under Rodgers we've come a long way, been relatively successful, and look to have a very bright future. I am not in the camp that thinks if we just bring in a new manager who has a history of success it will vault us to the top. Whether we want to admit it or not Liverpool is a project right now.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:06 pm

I want what's best for Liverpool FC.

Not any individual, be it Gerrard, Kenny, Rodgers, Glen Johnson, or Marlon Brando.

This is a club where mediocrity is being accepted....I am considering everything with it.

Bottling it in 2 massive games in a row and then Rodgers coming out in an interview saying we'll struggle to attract good players this summer (ready made excuse for mediocrity) has annoyed me. I don't accept mediocrity. No one at this club should.

Massive 6-8 games remaining for Rodgers. He has to either win a pot or finish top 4 for this season to be considered a "relative" success.

Football is a business these days and business is all about opportunities and making tough decisions. You have to earn to keep your job and consider long-term.

Making semi-finals of COC or FA Cup is a nothing achievement for a club like Liverpool. You are talking like a West Brom fan.

Winning is all that matters in football...and for a club with a European history like us, also competing in Europe. Rodgers failed badly in Europe this season, and is yet to prove he can win trophies. He has a good chance this season to get the trophy monkey off his back and prove he can win at a big occasion. let's see what he is made of.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:11 pm

Come home, you beaut. Proud

Laporta got this. Molenation

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:12 pm

El Cujo wrote:FSG should always consider what's best for the club, I agree. The issue I have is that I don't consider it best for the club to unsettle our manager, or to carry unrealistic standards. Getting top 4 this year was always going to be a struggle with a huge drop in form early in the season, the loss of Suarez, and the addition of so many new players. Not to mention every other member of the top 4 has more money to spend, better rosters, and are bigger draws than us at the moment (by a combination of experience, success and money).

If Liverpool are going to be successful they have to have a long term vision not a short term one since they are not able to spend like Chelsea, City or United were to completely revamp the squad. Rodgers, IMO, has to have that long term vision and, I personally, can see what he's doing and think it will lead to success. Does that mean titles and trophies right now? Maybe, maybe not. But I feel like sacking him just to hire Klopp could easily be throwing the baby out with the bathwater, so to speak.

All I know is that under Rodgers we've come a long way, been relatively successful, and look to have a very bright future. I am not in the camp that thinks if we just bring in a new manager who has a history of success it will vault us to the top. Whether we want to admit it or not Liverpool is a project right now.

I rate Rodgers highly as a coach and trainer...but I have question marks about him as a "manager".

Sometimes I think his love for pure football and the game as entertainment tops the ultimate goal of the game that is winning pots and trophies. Great example of it him instructing our players to try to pass it out of press vs. Man Utd and Arsenal where a more savvy manager would have encouraged longer balls where space are to be exploited in football .He is at times too pure, and pragmatism is needed to WIN at football.

Also, after 3 years in charge I am still unsure of our style. We aren't the tiki-taka team for sure. We aren't really a counter-attacking side either (We were last year, but he abandoned it). We press sometimes, but half-arsedly, and sometimes we don't press at all. It's like a complete unknown what our identity as a football team is after 3 years. That's my biggest issue. So I don't get your "vision" comment.

At a club like Liverpool, it's about winning. Every single manager in history of Liverpool FC has won a trophy during their tenure here except Roy Hodgson's 6 months in charge. Rodgers HAS to show he can win trophies. He HAS to win the FA Cup. We aren't Everton/Spurs...this is a club with history of winning trophies one way or another, and the day we accept that "playing football", and "getting close" is acceptable and we are happy with it, then we'll turn into another Aston Villa/Everton.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:15 pm

:facepalm: :brickwall:
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:17 pm

Come to United work under LVG :coffee:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:30 pm

the nick Laughing

He might go really to Bayern , if I remind well Guardiola said he wasn't sure about his future just some months ago and if he gets knocked out by Porto he might really leave

Perhaps it is just my sensation but imo the relationship Bayern-Guardiola was never born really
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:47 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:
El Cujo wrote:FSG should always consider what's best for the club, I agree. The issue I have is that I don't consider it best for the club to unsettle our manager, or to carry unrealistic standards. Getting top 4 this year was always going to be a struggle with a huge drop in form early in the season, the loss of Suarez, and the addition of so many new players. Not to mention every other member of the top 4 has more money to spend, better rosters, and are bigger draws than us at the moment (by a combination of experience, success and money).

I rate Rodgers highly as a coach and trainer...but I have question marks about him as a "manager".

Sometimes I think his love for pure football and the game as entertainment tops the ultimate goal of the game that is winning pots and trophies. Great example of it him instructing our players to try to pass it out of press vs. Man Utd and Arsenal where a more savvy manager would have encouraged longer balls where space are to be exploited in football .He is at times too pure, and pragmatism is needed to WIN at football.

Also, after 3 years in charge I am still unsure of our style. We aren't the tiki-taka team for sure. We aren't really a counter-attacking side either (We were last year, but he abandoned it). We press sometimes, but half-arsedly, and sometimes we don't press at all. It's like a complete unknown what our identity as a football team is after 3 years. That's my biggest issue. So I don't get your "vision" comment.

At a club like Liverpool, it's about winning. Every single manager in history of Liverpool FC has won a trophy during their tenure here except Roy Hodgson's 6 months in charge. Rodgers HAS to show he can win trophies. He HAS to win the FA Cup. We aren't Everton/Spurs...this is a club with history of winning trophies one way or another, and the day we accept that "playing football", and "getting close" is acceptable and we are happy with it, then we'll turn into another Aston Villa/Everton.

I'm not surprised you are not a tiki taka team consider tiki taka doesn't exist...
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:08 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Bayern don't have a decent coach atm, and could consider a switch in the summer...

ffs make it happen Rummenigge
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next