Bellabong
LeVersacci
M99
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Freeza
35 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Star Wars – Official Canon Thread.  - RIP Carrie Fisher - Page 38 Empty Re: Star Wars – Official Canon Thread. - RIP Carrie Fisher

Post by Freeza Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:13 pm

You're not a man at all if you complain about diversity, especially when it gets room for a blind staff-fighting Donnie Yen Proud

Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Star Wars – Official Canon Thread.  - RIP Carrie Fisher - Page 38 Empty Re: Star Wars – Official Canon Thread. - RIP Carrie Fisher

Post by RealGunner Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:17 pm

First Reactions To ‘Rogue One’ Declare It One Of The Best ‘Star Wars’ Movies Yet

http://theplaylist.net/first-reactions-rogue-one-declare-one-best-star-wars-movies-yet-plus-3-new-clips-20161211/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:12 pm

3 days left Proud
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:10 pm

If it's that great might make a trip to the cinema earlier than I expected this week hmm
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:50 pm

17 shows at my local cinema on day 1.

Gonna day 1 it.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:23 pm

RealGunner wrote:‘Rogue One’: Why Neo-Nazis Are Calling For Boycott Of Star Wars Movie

http://www.ibtimes.com/rogue-one-why-neo-nazis-are-calling-boycott-star-wars-movie-2457261

So just for balance I will mention the nuclear butthurt of social justice warriors whenever a film isn't 'diverse' enough. For example, Miss Peregrine's home for peculiar children, which was set in mid 20th century Wales: http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-et-mn-tim-burton-miss-peregrine-diversity-20160930-snap-story.html

Both sides do this.
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:40 pm

Freeza wrote:3 days left Proud
ffs thought it would release in a few weeks

Time to get my squad out to watch this movie Proud
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:46 pm

RealGunner wrote:‘Rogue One’: Why Neo-Nazis Are Calling For Boycott Of Star Wars Movie

http://www.ibtimes.com/rogue-one-why-neo-nazis-are-calling-boycott-star-wars-movie-2457261

Its absurd that these people get any attention at all.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:16 pm

DuringTheWar wrote:

So just for balance I will mention the nuclear butthurt of social justice warriors whenever a film isn't 'diverse' enough. For example, Miss Peregrine's home for peculiar children, which was set in mid 20th century Wales: http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-et-mn-tim-burton-miss-peregrine-diversity-20160930-snap-story.html

Both sides do this.

Just because one side acts like idiots doesn't mean you get the leeway to act like one as well.

Still, with everything put into perspective the pro-diversity claims make much more sense. That of course (in Miss Peregrine's case) is stupid, as films set in specific time periods in history have to try to make things looks as accurate as possible.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:53 pm

Freeza wrote:You're not a man at all if you complain about diversity, especially when it gets room for a blind staff-fighting Donnie Yen Proud

To be fair while I'm happy about Star Wars being more diverse now and I love to see my man Donnie in it as well I think that character seems like the idea of a 12 year old Laughing

Still gonna be good to see some monk fight 10 times better than all the Jedi and Sith put together Proud
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:13 pm

zigra wrote:
Freeza wrote:You're not a man at all if you complain about diversity, especially when it gets room for a blind staff-fighting Donnie Yen Proud

To be fair while I'm happy about Star Wars being more diverse now and I love to see my man Donnie in it as well I think that character seems like the idea of a 12 year old Laughing

Still gonna be good to see some monk fight 10 times better than all the Jedi and Sith put together Proud

I actually think it's great the films are exploring that people follow the force despite not being Jedi. Hasn't really been a focal point so far. Also from the sound of t Donnie is one of the highlights together with Tudyks Android
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:25 pm

That was so amazing and emotional.

Can't wait to see again.

Only negative is a CGI character where I'd wish they'd gone another direction.

Overall amazing though. It fits perfectly with the original trilogy which has now become four movies.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:49 pm

Rogue One reviews seem to be coming down now.

Not a must watch in cinema anymore for me then.

Will see in what mood I am on friday
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:13 pm

El Gunner wrote:Rogue One reviews seem to be coming down now.

Not a must watch in cinema anymore for me then.

Will see in what mood I am on friday

They have stayed pretty consistent though. Been between 85 and 80 on RT the past 2 days.

Fans love it.

I read some retarded reviews praising the thing I critisized. I'll get into it more when more have seen it. They said it was the best thing about the movie and I just shook my head while reading.

It's no doubt the most beautiful Star Wars film ever imo. It's not even close. It's ridiculous. You guys need to watch the visuals. The sense of scale is crazy.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:16 pm

Tomorrow :bow:

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:17 pm

RealGunner wrote:Tomorrow :bow:

Can't wait for you to see it bruh. I need a channel to vent. It was so close to a perfect Star Wars film for me.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:19 pm

How did you see it today? Unless it's realeased earlier in Denmark

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:22 pm

RealGunner wrote:How did you see it today? Unless it's realeased earlier in Denmark

Star Wars movies releases on Wednesdays here Proud
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:40 pm

This is a legit quote from a negative review

" There’s none of the Shakespearean space politics, enticingly florid dialogue, or experiential thrills of the best of George Lucas’s “Star Wars” entries (“Attack of the Clones” and “Revenge of the Sith”). "
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:42 pm

Star Wars – Official Canon Thread.  - RIP Carrie Fisher - Page 38 Stash-1-1744505952881589b
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:43 pm

RealGunner wrote:Star Wars – Official Canon Thread.  - RIP Carrie Fisher - Page 38 Stash-1-1744505952881589b

Exactly Laughing

From The New Yorker

I have no idea how that guy is functional. It's the worst thing I've ever read rofl
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:44 pm

I hate reviews so much

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:45 pm

IMDB is the only one remotely take serious since it's what people vote on their feeling of the film.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:46 pm

I listen most to people and reviewers who I have similar opinions to.

This is just ridiculous though. Comparing Attack of The Clones to Shakespeare. My god.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:14 pm

Using attack of the clones in a positive way to make comparisons rofl

How to watch AOTC

Step 1. Skip to end of movie for lightsaber fight

Step 2. Watch prime Dooku and the lads

Step 3. Eject DVD.

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:33 pm

Referencing the prequels in a positive light? He has to be trolling lmao.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next