M99
Glory
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
Art Morte
47 posters

Page 13 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V10 - Page 13 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V10

Post by El Gunner Mon May 25, 2015 5:28 pm

MR BOND wrote:
Lex wrote:
MR BOND wrote: my point still stands.
Arsenal finished above both Liverpool and United, while spending significantly less than both in the summer, and are in a cup final

As far as points go, yours is a bit magoo
wenger has been building this squad for 10 years. so they should be half tidy. also villa are also in the cup final. and didn't wigan go down the year thay won the fa cup. who did thay beat in the final. ow yes the super duper arsenal.

lolwat? About 5,6 years ago our team looked something like this:

Almunia
Eboue, Vermaelen, Silvestre, Clichy
Denilson, Fabregas, Arshavin
Vela, Adebayor, Eduardo

We've only really been building this current team since 2012/13

El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V10 - Page 13 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V10

Post by Unique Mon May 25, 2015 5:40 pm

El Gunner wrote:
MR BOND wrote:
Lex wrote: Arsenal finished above both Liverpool and United, while spending significantly less than both in the summer, and are in a cup final

As far as points go, yours is a bit magoo
wenger has been building this squad for 10 years. so they should be half tidy. also villa are also in the cup final. and didn't wigan go down the year thay won the fa cup. who did thay beat in the final. ow yes the super duper arsenal.

lolwat? About 5,6 years ago our team looked something like this:

Almunia
Eboue, Vermaelen, Silvestre, Clichy
Denilson, Fabregas, Arshavin
Vela, Adebayor, Eduardo

We've only really been building this current team since 2012/13
I bet wigan wished they had that team. a big chunk of your players have been t the club longer than 3 years mate..
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon May 25, 2015 5:47 pm

In what final did Wigan beat us again hmm

Yes, some have been there more than 3 years but the point in this current team we've been building has only been since 2012. Still 5 years ago our team was built around Fabregas. You made a point about how we've been building a team for the past 10 years and I disproved that as complete nonsense.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon May 25, 2015 5:58 pm

El Gunner wrote:In what final did Wigan beat us again hmm

Yes, some have been there more than 3 years but the point in this current team we've been building has only been since 2012. Still 5 years ago our team was built around Fabregas. You made a point about how we've been building a team for the past 10 years and I disproved that as complete nonsense.
it don't matter anyway. it wasent me that brought arsenal into it.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon May 25, 2015 6:02 pm

Laughing smh
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon May 25, 2015 6:09 pm

El Gunner wrote:Laughing smh
and I don know why I thought it was wigan that beat you in the cup finl. :facepalm: :facepalm:
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon May 25, 2015 6:13 pm

This guy rofl
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon May 25, 2015 6:18 pm

RED wrote:This guy rofl
did you. or did you not. go from champions to 7th after spending 80mil. rofl
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Mon May 25, 2015 8:01 pm

Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V10 - Page 13 14325710

#GiveRodgersMoreTime
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon May 25, 2015 8:55 pm

MR BOND wrote:
RED wrote:Both clubs spent a lot of money last summer. We jumped from 7th to 4th, you lot went from 2nd to 6th.

You spent money to get significantly worse, so your point is moot in the overall grand scheme of things.
and you went from title winners to dropping out of the top 4 after spending 37mil on mata. 30mil on fellaini. and 15mil on zaha. but like all man u fans. you only remember when you win. Wink

shame Liverpool fans can't even do that :coffee:

because you know you don't win anything Laughing
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon May 25, 2015 8:58 pm

B-Mac wrote:
MR BOND wrote:
RED wrote:Both clubs spent a lot of money last summer. We jumped from 7th to 4th, you lot went from 2nd to 6th.

You spent money to get significantly worse, so your point is moot in the overall grand scheme of things.
and you went from title winners to dropping out of the top 4 after spending 37mil on mata. 30mil on fellaini. and 15mil on zaha. but like all man u fans. you only remember when you win. Wink

I was going to cut and paste everything Liverpool have won. but you know that list is long so I wont bother. Wink
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon May 25, 2015 9:06 pm

MR BOND wrote:
B-Mac wrote:
MR BOND wrote:

I was going to cut and paste everything Liverpool have won. but you know that list is long so I wont bother. Wink

ours is longer so it's ok...and I can actually remember more then 2 of them Laughing
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon May 25, 2015 9:10 pm

B-Mac wrote:
MR BOND wrote:
B-Mac wrote:

ours is longer so it's ok...and I can actually remember more then 2 of them Laughing
your hard.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon May 25, 2015 9:11 pm

MR BOND wrote:
B-Mac wrote:
MR BOND wrote: I was going to cut and paste everything Liverpool have won. but you know that list is long so I wont bother. Wink

your hard.

currently flaccid actually hmm
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue May 26, 2015 2:58 am

This is scary level of soothsayering.

A post from a RAWK member on August 9 2014. In the "Expectatiosn for 2014/15 season" . This guy is the true prophet :bow: :bow: :bow:

I've said it before and I got pilloried for it, but I'll say it again.

This is going to be a car crash of a season.

Even had we not sold Suarez, I expected us to suffer a severe hangover from last season. I wrote in May that most teams similar to us (teams that punched above their weight and unexpectedly challenged for a league title but ended up failing), generally suffered from a hangover the season after. *bleep* hell, I'm nowhere near over not winning it last year. I don't have a clue how we can expect the players to be.

I just don't see, psychologically, how we can "go again". After such highs, can the players go through the mundane few weeks of the season without feeling a major difference? Take the opening game at Anfield vs Southampton. There'll be no welcoming parade. It's back to normality for everyone. Can they accept that without there being an impact?

We have a horrible start to the season, fixtures wise. 2 away trips to City and Spurs is the last thing this team needs so early on. If we have a bad start, I feel there will be a horrible sense of deflation within the fanbase and the squad- from the captain and everyone else. I feel they'll start feeling sorry for themselves over what happened in May, over losing Suarez and it will take a lot of time for us to recover.

Losing Suarez is an absolute nightmare for us. I strongly feel it will have hurt every single one of those players in the squad. A minority on here try to downplay Suarez's importance to us, but I'm sure the players know just how much he brought to the team. You do not lose a player like that and   move forwards or sideways (unless you're a team that is used to winning trophies on a yearly basis). Suarez's contribution was not just about goals and assists: it was about fight, sacrifice, dedication and leadership.

I mean, look at this Coutinho interview:

Coutinho was asked what he felt when he was excluded from the Brazil World Cup squad: “Anger. Not because I’m selfish, but because I could have offered something.

I’m going to use this anger and push myself to my limits. I saw how Luisito (Suárez) was a maniac in training. At this point, my body and mind feel like clay. I will mold it the way I envision, and I will use my fire to make them harder.”

It's simple psychology. How much did a thumbs up from Luis push Raheem Sterling on? How much was Suarez's acceptance important for someone like Jordan Henderson? How much did Suarez's name on the team-sheet petrify opposing defenses, before a ball was even kicked?

Add that to a host of new players we need to bed in, Champions League football for the first time in 5 years (And the first time in Rodgers' career), and a horrific pre season where we lost key players to injuries, failed to bed in our 3 most expensive signings and missed out on our seemingly only 2 attacking replacements for Suarez (For different reasons), and it doesn't look good at all for us.

Not convinced by our signings at all too. Lovren has had 5 good months in the last 3 seasons (he was basically chased out of Lyon and was poor in the 2nd half of last season). Lambert is passable as a 3rd striker, but is nowhere near suitable for our style of play. We're a Sturridge nigggle away from having him lead the line at the Etihad and White Hart Lane, which would be horrific. Markovic and Can are exciting talents, but we surely can't expect too much from them in their first season at such young ages. Lallana will have missed all of pre season, have had no friendly games to adapt to the team and will be thrust in with a big price tag on his head. Far from ideal.

This term, we'll have the season we all expected us to have last year. We'll challenge for 4th but end up missing out. I'm fine with that, but I suspect the narrative will be that it was a failure and the fact is, that would mean that we went backwards. A bad start, and there will be a huge cloud around Anfield that won't be lifted for a while.

I predict 6th. No doubt that many will call me a moaning and negative bastard but that's what I expect. Hopefully we'll get a cup run to set the pulses racing, but I foresee a season of transition for us.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue May 26, 2015 7:49 am

I practically called the same shit.

And called the manager a muppet.

Where's my recognition? I just get labelled as a "anti Liverpool twat" from someone who's only "supported" the club for 2 years. I am HURT. Sad
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue May 26, 2015 7:56 am

We literally have a manager in the same tier as David f************** Moyes and pushed you to the tilt. And you spent how much this past summer?

Just because the quality in the PL is horrid doesn't mean United is good. You're literally in the same boat as us right now. lmao

I mean, how much did you spend in the summer?
You would of finished 6th last season with this seasons point tally. Laughing

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue May 26, 2015 5:50 pm

West Ham qualify for Europa League through Fair Play system

Meaning there will be 4 EPL teams in the EL (qualification rounds at least)
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue May 26, 2015 8:41 pm

Red Alert wrote:

We literally have a manager in the same tier as David f************** Moyes and pushed you to the tilt. And you spent how much this past summer?

Just because the quality in the PL is horrid doesn't mean United is good. You're literally in the same boat as us right now. lmao

I mean, how much did you spend in the summer?
You would of finished 6th last season with this seasons point tally. Laughing

It doesn't matter, bruh. We can go back and forth explaining the differences between last season and this season, how weak the league was this season and all the shortcomings of both our teams.

But at the end of the day, we spent the money we needed to spend to get us where we needed to be for this season. And you guys messed up the opportunity to build on last season's momentum.

4th

6th

The rest doesn't matter.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue May 26, 2015 8:46 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:This is scary level of soothsayering.

A post from a RAWK member on August 9 2014. In the "Expectatiosn for 2014/15 season" . This guy is the true prophet :bow: :bow: :bow:

I've said it before and I got pilloried for it, but I'll say it again.

This is going to be a car crash of a season.

Even had we not sold Suarez, I expected us to suffer a severe hangover from last season. I wrote in May that most teams similar to us (teams that punched above their weight and unexpectedly challenged for a league title but ended up failing), generally suffered from a hangover the season after. *bleep* hell, I'm nowhere near over not winning it last year. I don't have a clue how we can expect the players to be.

I just don't see, psychologically, how we can "go again". After such highs, can the players go through the mundane few weeks of the season without feeling a major difference? Take the opening game at Anfield vs Southampton. There'll be no welcoming parade. It's back to normality for everyone. Can they accept that without there being an impact?

We have a horrible start to the season, fixtures wise. 2 away trips to City and Spurs is the last thing this team needs so early on. If we have a bad start, I feel there will be a horrible sense of deflation within the fanbase and the squad- from the captain and everyone else. I feel they'll start feeling sorry for themselves over what happened in May, over losing Suarez and it will take a lot of time for us to recover.

Losing Suarez is an absolute nightmare for us. I strongly feel it will have hurt every single one of those players in the squad. A minority on here try to downplay Suarez's importance to us, but I'm sure the players know just how much he brought to the team. You do not lose a player like that and   move forwards or sideways (unless you're a team that is used to winning trophies on a yearly basis). Suarez's contribution was not just about goals and assists: it was about fight, sacrifice, dedication and leadership.

I mean, look at this Coutinho interview:

Coutinho was asked what he felt when he was excluded from the Brazil World Cup squad: “Anger. Not because I’m selfish, but because I could have offered something.

I’m going to use this anger and push myself to my limits. I saw how Luisito (Suárez) was a maniac in training. At this point, my body and mind feel like clay. I will mold it the way I envision, and I will use my fire to make them harder.”

It's simple psychology. How much did a thumbs up from Luis push Raheem Sterling on? How much was Suarez's acceptance important for someone like Jordan Henderson? How much did Suarez's name on the team-sheet petrify opposing defenses, before a ball was even kicked?

Add that to a host of new players we need to bed in, Champions League football for the first time in 5 years (And the first time in Rodgers' career), and a horrific pre season where we lost key players to injuries, failed to bed in our 3 most expensive signings and missed out on our seemingly only 2 attacking replacements for Suarez (For different reasons), and it doesn't look good at all for us.

Not convinced by our signings at all too. Lovren has had 5 good months in the last 3 seasons (he was basically chased out of Lyon and was poor in the 2nd half of last season). Lambert is passable as a 3rd striker, but is nowhere near suitable for our style of play. We're a Sturridge nigggle away from having him lead the line at the Etihad and White Hart Lane, which would be horrific. Markovic and Can are exciting talents, but we surely can't expect too much from them in their first season at such young ages. Lallana will have missed all of pre season, have had no friendly games to adapt to the team and will be thrust in with a big price tag on his head. Far from ideal.

This term, we'll have the season we all expected us to have last year. We'll challenge for 4th but end up missing out. I'm fine with that, but I suspect the narrative will be that it was a failure and the fact is, that would mean that we went backwards. A bad start, and there will be a huge cloud around Anfield that won't be lifted for a while.

I predict 6th. No doubt that many will call me a moaning and negative bastard but that's what I expect. Hopefully we'll get a cup run to set the pulses racing, but I foresee a season of transition for us.

Woah Shocked

Talk about being spot on Shocked
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed May 27, 2015 8:06 am

Tottenham’s friendly in Malaysia sells only 19,000 tickets in 80,000 seater stadium after fan protests against lucrative friendlies affecting national league system rofl rofl rofl

RED wrote:
It doesn't matter, bruh. We can go back and forth explaining the differences between last season and this season, how weak the league was this season and all the shortcomings of both our teams.

But at the end of the day, we spent the money we needed to spend to get us where we needed to be for this season. And you guys messed up the opportunity to build on last season's momentum.

4th

6th

The rest doesn't matter.

Yeah, well you sound like a Liverpool fan so ha. :whistle:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed May 27, 2015 11:34 am

Gerrard leading the pack rofl
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed May 27, 2015 11:44 am

I can't wait for Big Sam Allardyce to celebrate himself because he bring back the West Ham in Europe through Fair Play Award  Proud
Ah, a minute of silence for Inter City Firm.
It's worse than losing a derby against Millwall at the last minute for them.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed May 27, 2015 11:54 am

El Shaarawy wrote:

What am I watching? rofl rofl rofl

Going to need some sort of explanation. Laughing

That leadership from Gerrard Proud
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed May 27, 2015 12:00 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:

loooooooooooooool our best performance of the season
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed May 27, 2015 12:25 pm

dostoevsky wrote:
El Shaarawy wrote:

What am I watching? rofl rofl rofl

Going to need some sort of explanation. Laughing

That leadership from Gerrard Proud

I don't know if the video title is true, but the pack leader sure looks like Gerrard Laughing
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next