McAgger
Muppet
Art Morte
Dredg
DeletedUser#1
19 posters

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

The Official Rodgers Out Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official Rodgers Out Thread

Post by mr-r34 Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:41 pm

Not Really, me arguing that you can't just make shit up and blame everything on Rodgers doesn't mean he has my full backing.

Can you please provide me on a quote or did you just come back from a coffee with Sanchez when he told you Rodgers limitations was a key in him not coming.

mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Rodgers Out Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official Rodgers Out Thread

Post by Red Alert Fri May 01, 2015 9:17 am

How am I making shit up?

Managers have a "pull factor"

It's well known.

Rodgers is inexperienced. He's not a winner. Players don't want to play/join clubs "for projects". They want to win silverware.

Sanchez clearly saw Arsenal as the better choice. We offered a better deal than Arsenal. (Again, read the reports. From all reports he rejected us EARLY JUNE and we persisted on wasting our time even knowing he didn't want to join us.)
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri May 01, 2015 3:07 pm

It doesn't matter if we have a manager who has won things in the past with great squads if our financial side isn't going to catch up to our ambition. As it stands we are always going to be outspent and outgunned in the market, so regardless of who our manager is it's going to be a project. Look at the difference between our wage bill and say United's. People are claiming 150k a week is reserved for elite players, but let's even up that figure to 200k a week. We could have almost 7 more players that are on 200k a week wages playing for us with United's wage bill...

I think Rodgers is safe, and deserves to have on more year with a couple ready made additions (ideally early in the window so they can work together). He has shown before that he can build a system that takes advantage of his best players strengths. Even this year he got to 5th after it was clear that this team was struggling to replicate the system he used last season (mind you it took him a bit, but again we aren't on the training ground and don't know how much work went into changing what they already knew). Unfortunately we just don't have goals in the players this year -- people always complained about how he couldn't manage a defence and then he turned us into the best defensive team in the second half of the PL, but again we need players to score and right now we just don't have those.

Take the foundation of what Rodgers has put together here and add goals to it for next season and we will be challenging for silverware and the title. If I am wrong I will write you a personal letter of apology, RA, and mail it to you with money for LiverpoolTV or a soccer streaming service of your choice.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Fri May 01, 2015 3:26 pm

London over Merseyside for me would of played a bigger factor, and there were reports about it.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat May 02, 2015 4:34 am

All the reports saying that are from rodgers lmao.

Look up sanchez side.

The side where he wants to win silverware and get coached by Wenger.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat May 02, 2015 4:36 am

@canadian none of that is necessary. Dont be stupid. rofl
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sat May 02, 2015 5:00 am

Again i'm still waiting on a quote that specifies sanchez didn't come because of Rodgers limitations.

We all know this doesn't even exist, so why you parade it around like it's true is beyond belief.

Him wanting to go to Arsenal over us because trophies is more likely down to the position the club is in, but i guess because you think Rodgers runs the whole football club it all works for you.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat May 02, 2015 8:02 am

Sanchez:

“Arsenal is a club that cares about the players and I can learn a lot here. It is also a great team. That’s why I am here.

He continued: “Mesut Ozil is an important player worldwide, both at club and at international level. With Ozil in the squad Arsenal was [close] to winning the league title.

“I hope I can make a contribution so we can win as many titles as possible.

“We have a great squad and we are a big club. We can achieve big things.”

Sanchez believes he can win the Premier League and the Champions League with the Gunners and that was a major factor in making the move.

He added: “Playing regularly wasn’t the only reason why I came here.

“I came here to win the league title, the Champions League and every title at stake.”

"Arsenal plays very well, which fits my style. That is why I moved here," he said.
"Arsene Wenger's style of play is the sort of style the Chilean national team has, so therefore I am used to it."

He added: "I know this club has a manager that looks after his players and takes care of them as well. He wants to achieve great things in football and that helped me make the decision to sign for Arsenal."

But yeah, he chose us because of location reasons. Laughing

Playing in London is one of the worst examples Rodgers could of used. How do the likes of the Manchester clubs / Liverpool in the past pull in big names if every player just wants to play in London? Laughing

World class managers have a pull factor. Rafa lured Torres, Alonso and Mascherano. They all wanted to play under Benitez.

Arsenal have an identity under Wenger.

Liverpool do not an identity under Rodgers 3 years later. We sold the sole reason they title challenged / finish in the top 4 which showed our lack of ambition.

He chose Arsenal over us because they are better than us. It's as simple as that.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat May 02, 2015 8:27 am

Rodgers isnt going anywhere. So lets just drop that and see what the summer has to offer.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat May 02, 2015 9:28 am

Nishy wrote:Rodgers isnt going anywhere. So lets just drop that and see what the summer has to offer.

Exactly my point there is nothing whatsoever suggesting he would be let go. So its pretty pointless making stuff up like this player would be great under Klopp and that player would be great under Rafa. :facepalm:
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat May 02, 2015 1:48 pm

This time last year you were 5 points clear at the top of the table with 3 games remaining and Rodgers was being touted as the best(or one of) young managers in the world.

12 months later, this thread is made and this...

Spoiler:

RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat May 02, 2015 1:52 pm

The fact that "Rafa in" is present in that banner confirms its made by a bellend who has a lot of money, Does it not?
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Sat May 02, 2015 2:20 pm

I didn't think RA had that kind of money. hmm
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat May 02, 2015 2:23 pm

RA is probably Dan Bilzerian imo
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat May 02, 2015 2:26 pm

Nishy wrote:RA is probably Dan Bilzerian imo

hmm

El Cujo wrote:I didn't think RA had that kind of money. hmm

Unfortunately I couldn't afford another letter, I wanted Klopp but Rafa would do too!
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue May 05, 2015 7:51 pm

Rumour is Rodgers is in no danger of losing his job, and that they're going to give him more power over the transfers this summer.

Good. Live or die by him, and let him make his own personnel decisions. Then next season will really tell us what he's worth.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue May 05, 2015 8:41 pm

Which was obvious.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 am

Changes absolutely nothing at all in terms of transfers.

When do the "no player wants to join because of lack of CL" excuses start? Laughing

Hopefully the "rumour" is the same rumour where Dalglish was going to be given time.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed May 06, 2015 11:36 am

Rumours are worth nothing when it comes to the manager's position, you know how it goes, everything's "fine" and then the manager is sacked the next day.

Two days ago there was news that "Newcastle confirm Carver will stay for the last three games" and the next day "McLaren turns down the chance to take charge at Newcastle for the last three games" Laughing
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

The Official Rodgers Out Thread - Page 4 Empty The "We'll Regress Even Further" Thread

Post by McAgger Mon May 11, 2015 4:48 pm

I have no faith in this manager.

I have no faith in this team.

I have no faith in this committee.

I have no faith in these owners to pay up the big bucks to bring the quality we need.

It's already started. Ings and Milner look like already wrapped up Laughing Two mediocre players (the likes of which are squad is full of) that would come on a free, are we that cash strapped? Honestly, as if we did NOT learn anything from last few miserable failures in transfer windows. JESUS *bleep* CHRIST.

Get ready for a 5th place finish next season. I guess that would be on par to where you would expect us
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon May 11, 2015 6:15 pm

Or maybe the reason we're tapping up players that is on a free is because we're saying up a big bid for a bonafide elite player or two. That would not be so bad. Ings is quality and works hard, and Milner is also a quality player that has looked like one of City's best when he's been given the run this season. They are not bad acquisitions as long as they are not the marquee signings that we have. The depth is good because we will still have a grueling schedule with Europa and it's good to have a deep team.

That said Liverpool will not be lower than 5th next season. Everything that could go wrong did seem to go wrong this year, and we still finished in 5th. To put us over that top 4 hump though will require a consistent and healthy striker as well as a bit more consistency from our young talents.

I'm confident that at the very least guys like Coutinho, Henderson, Can, Moreno, Markovic, Ibe, Sakho, etc. will continue to improve and gain experience which will help the team be better.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon May 11, 2015 8:56 pm

Links to the Ings and Milner deal?
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon May 11, 2015 9:08 pm

It would have shades of Hodgson's summer in 2010 if we signed Milner and Ings on frees, like Hodgson signed Joe Cole and Jovanovic x)

Only need a Poulsen and a Meireles for that CM cover and a Konchesky to be the full-back signing. Oh, and a new Brad Jones to replace the old one. He joined that summer, too.

No, but in all seriousness, this thread is premature: we don't know for sure who is going to be the manager next season, we don't know how much and on which players we're going to spend in the summer, we don't know anything about the off-season yet. Let's wait and see what the summer brings rather than write it off in May.

Ps. Not that I'm exactly optimistic about it, but we have to wait and see what happens.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue May 12, 2015 8:00 am

Sanchez going to Arsenal and Sturridge getting injured kind of build the excuses for the managers mistakes. But I am sure that FSG will act ruthlessly if they have to sack Rodgers but it seems like they are happy with what Rodgers has achieved in this season except that Astonvilla defeat off course.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue May 12, 2015 8:09 am

Don't call me James wrote:I have no faith in this manager.

I have no faith in this team.

I have no faith in this committee.

I have no faith in these owners to pay up the big bucks to bring the quality we need.

It's already started. Ings and Milner look like already wrapped up Laughing Two mediocre players (the likes of which are squad is full of) that would come on a free, are we that cash strapped? Honestly, as if we did NOT learn anything from last few miserable failures in transfer windows. JESUS *bleep* CHRIST.

Get ready for a 5th place finish next season. I guess that would be on par to where you would expect us

Pessimist.

You're not a real Liverpool fan.

You want Liverpool to lose so Rodgers could get sacked.

hmm
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue May 12, 2015 8:14 am

El Cujo wrote:Or maybe the reason we're tapping up players that is on a free is because we're saying up a big bid for a bonafide elite player or two. That would not be so bad. Ings is quality and works hard, and Milner is also a quality player that has looked like one of City's best when he's been given the run this season. They are not bad acquisitions as long as they are not the marquee signings that we have. The depth is good because we will still have a grueling schedule with Europa and it's good to have a deep team.

That said Liverpool will not be lower than 5th next season. Everything that could go wrong did seem to go wrong this year, and we still finished in 5th. To put us over that top 4 hump though will require a consistent and healthy striker as well as a bit more consistency from our young talents.

I'm confident that at the very least guys like Coutinho, Henderson, Can, Moreno, Markovic, Ibe, Sakho, etc. will continue to improve and gain experience which will help the team be better.

You mean like a big bid for Lovren? Or Lallana? Laughing

"Ings is quality" rofl
Milner is quality tbf. But he'll be our marquee signing. It's the Liverpool way, you know?

Nothing went wrong this season. I called this season from last years summer transfer window. It's predictable. Liverpool is predictable. Open your eyes. This season wasn't an outlier. We were carried by Suarez last season. Accept it.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next