Which one is funnier? (Robinho / Greece 2004)

+18
free_cat
zigra
Lord Spencer
chad4401
BarrileteCosmico
Kaladin
Great Leader Sprucenuce
farfan
Lord Awesome
salmano9
DeviAngel
titosantill
billy_gr
Lex
rwo power
LeBéninois
Rebaño Sagrado
guest_07
22 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Which one is funnier? (Robinho / Greece 2004) - Page 3 Empty Re: Which one is funnier? (Robinho / Greece 2004)

Post by guest_07 Wed May 27, 2015 8:33 pm

you knew greece won in 2004 euro was a fluke when they did not qualify for 2006 wc

but pretend the otherwise

why people always flip-flopped their conclusion so easily? don't you have principle in your life?

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Which one is funnier? (Robinho / Greece 2004) - Page 3 Empty Re: Which one is funnier? (Robinho / Greece 2004)

Post by RealGunner Thu May 28, 2015 12:53 am

guest_07 wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Our players are shit lol. Unlike you i couldn't care less and don't get emotionally invested in grown men who i don't know or never will lol.

sorry, whatever i did, did it affect your life?

where are you, Great Leader Sprucenuce? you don't answer me yet

after troll, you run away, talk about adult, lol

Mole?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Thu May 28, 2015 12:55 am

RealGunner wrote:
guest_07 wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Our players are shit lol. Unlike you i couldn't care less and don't get emotionally invested in grown men who i don't know or never will lol.

sorry, whatever i did, did it affect your life?

where are you, Great Leader Sprucenuce? you don't answer me yet

after troll, you run away, talk about adult, lol

Mole?

i think so...........

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu May 28, 2015 1:15 am

Will the real Great Leader please stand up
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Thu May 28, 2015 9:59 am

GR didn’t compete in 2006 WC to give the others a chance.
Simple as that
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu May 28, 2015 3:11 pm

@ lord spencer, nobody called robinho the new ronaldo, it was taken a step further, he was called the next pele (basically due to the fact he started his career at santos, the home-ground of pele)...but i think that was mainly the brazilian media. the european media only got into it during his first clasico, that debacle at the bernabeau where the fans decided they wanted to clap for ronaldinho (smh stupid stuff imo); and minor sections of the spanish media tried to sell the match of as pele vs maradona (robinho vs messi)....i think that might have been messi's first clasico as well
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu May 28, 2015 3:22 pm

Robinho and Neymar both were called the next Pele, and both had almost identical careers into a point of to the second season in Europe.

The difference comes from the fact that 06-07 Robinho was used to play for Van Nistelrooy who was the main attacker, in the exact same way as Bale was only used to support Cronaldo this season.

Where as it's the complete opposite for Neymar, this season Messi played for him and the 3 attackers formed a better unit.

I do see Neymar as better player but I don't see too much of individual difference with Robinho and Neymar, just that in their second seasons in Europe they had such different circumstances.

On OP, lets see it's same if you asked which one was more painful hitting with feather, or tree leaf. I don't know. scratch

Last edited by Harmonica on Thu May 28, 2015 3:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu May 28, 2015 3:27 pm

Harmonica wrote:Robinho and Neymar both were called the next Pele, and both had almost identical careers into a point of to the second season in Europe.

The difference comes from the fact that 06-07 Robinho was used to play for Van Nistelrooy who was the main attacker, in the exact same way as Bale was only used to support Cronaldo this season.

Where as it's the complete opposite for Neymar, this season Messi played for him and the 3 attackers formed a better unit.

I do see Neymar as better player but I don't see too much of individual difference with Robinho and Neymar, just that in their second seasons in Europe they had such different circumstances.

Neymar is way faster, a better dribler, better shoter, better header, better finisher than Robinho... he is a rich man's robinho.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu May 28, 2015 3:32 pm

free_cat wrote:
Harmonica wrote:Robinho and Neymar both were called the next Pele, and both had almost identical careers into a point of to the second season in Europe.

Neymar is way faster, a better dribler, better shoter, better header, better finisher than Robinho... he is a rich man's robinho.
Maybe faster. Watching Robinho 05-06 is almost identical as watching Neymar last season

Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu May 28, 2015 3:34 pm

Even when robinho was good, he shot like a girl. (no offense rwo). He had some dribling skills, but Neymar is so above him that he doesn't need all those fancy tricks and useless stepovers to go around a player. And is definitely faster.

Also, Robinho in his best ever season scored 15 goals and gave 12 assists. Something Neymar surpassed last season easily, even though he played less because of injuries.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu May 28, 2015 3:43 pm

Dat RWO-powah :bow:

Which one is funnier? (Robinho / Greece 2004) - Page 3 3sdcMdt
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu May 28, 2015 3:45 pm

Harmonica wrote:Dat RWO-powah :bow:

Which one is funnier? (Robinho / Greece 2004) - Page 3 3sdcMdt

A little bit slower and the time stops while that shot is reaching the goal. Terrible job by the GK.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu May 28, 2015 3:48 pm

Dat time-adjusting powah. Proud
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Thu May 28, 2015 4:04 pm

According to wikipedia Robinho in his best year in Brasil (2004) scored 32 goals in 55 games for Santos and 0 goals in 1 game for the NT.
Neymar in 2012 (same age as Robinho was in 2012 btw) scored 43 in 47 for Santos and 9 in 12 for Brasil.

Almost identical imo :coffee:
To be a bit more serious though Robinho was a great talent and should've achieved more than he did. It's just that Neymar clearly showed he has a higher ceiling back in Brasil.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu May 28, 2015 4:09 pm

zigra wrote:According to wikipedia Robinho in his best year in Brasil (2004) scored 32 goals in 55 games for Santos and 0 goals in 1 game for the NT.
Neymar in 2012 (same age as Robinho was in 2012 btw) scored 43 in 47 for Santos and 9 in 12 for Brasil.

Almost identical imo :coffee:
To be a bit more serious though Robinho was a great talent and should've achieved more than he did. It's just that Neymar clearly showed he has a higher ceiling back in Brasil.
Except for the fact that Neymar played regional football, and Robinho didn't.  Razz

Robinho on Brasileiro 47 goals in 116 matches.
Neymar on Brasileiro 53 goals in 103 matches.

Robinho on Copa Libertadores 17 goals in 37 matches.
Neymar on Copa Libertadores 15 goals in 29 matches.

Dat chasm of difference. Shocked
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Thu May 28, 2015 4:11 pm

Why didn't Robinho play regional football and what's the quality of regional football in Brasil?

Neymar still has a better gpg-ratio than Robinho imo hmm and he showed he can do it for the national team :coffee:
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu May 28, 2015 4:15 pm

zigra wrote:Why didn't Robinho play regional football and what's the quality of regional football in Brasil?

Neymar still has a better gpg-ratio than Robinho imo hmm and he showed he can do it for the national team :coffee:
Statpad-level, like the Harlem Globetrotters-tour with Brazil in friendlies against teams that rest for qualifiers.

As I said, I see Neymar as a better player, but there is not much individual difference to this point, circumstance is what differentiates Neymar's and Robinho's 2nd seasons in Europe mostly.

Last edited by Harmonica on Thu May 28, 2015 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu May 28, 2015 4:15 pm

Robinho wasn't a scrub like you make him out to be though. Turned into a really really good player for us, had one season where he was one of our best imo. People just want to think he was a scrub because of the hype.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu May 28, 2015 4:29 pm

Robinho would have become great if he came to Barcelona. Madrid destroyed him.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Thu May 28, 2015 4:30 pm

Harmonica wrote:
zigra wrote:Why didn't Robinho play regional football and what's the quality of regional football in Brasil?

Statpad-level, like the Harlem Globetrotters-tour with Brazil in friendlies against teams that rest for qualifiers.

As I said, I see Neymar as a better player, but there is not much individual difference to this point, circumstance is what differentiates Neymar's and Robinho's 2nd seasons in Europe mostly.

Hm it's not as impressive as I thought it was before to be fair. Don't really get why Robinho never played regional level though.

Freeza wrote:Robinho wasn't a scrub like you make him out to be though. Turned into a really really good player for us, had one season where he was one of our best imo. People just want to think he was a scrub because of the hype.

Of course Robinho was no scrub but Bale isn't a scrub either and yet some RM fans What a Face act as if he's barely good enough to play for relegation fodder.
People who call Robinho a scrub do so because they expected more. I don't think anyone really thinks he truly was a bad player.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu May 28, 2015 4:36 pm

Fußball wrote:Robinho would have become great if he came to Barcelona. Madrid destroyed him.

Dat funny face when they used a player who won 2 La Liga's in 3 season as currency to replace the player who he supported, to a player who won 1 ref-infested La Liga in 6 seasons for Real Madrid. rofl
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu May 28, 2015 4:40 pm

Harmonica wrote:
Fußball wrote:Robinho would have become great if he came to Barcelona. Madrid destroyed him.

Dat funny face when they used a player who won 2 La Liga's in 3 season as currency to replace the player who he supported, to a player who won 1 La Liga in 6 seasons for Real Madrid. rofl

Is it really comparable though? Second of those two La Ligas we won was against the worst Barca team in a long time. Not a lot competition for the one year, and overall the quality of the teams has changed since then.

Messi hitting his prime has made a statement such at that you posted ridiculous. If prime Messi was on those teams back then we wouldn't have gotten close.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu May 28, 2015 4:50 pm

Freeza wrote:
Harmonica wrote:

Dat funny face when they used a player who won 2 La Liga's in 3 season as currency to replace the player who he supported, to a player who won 1 La Liga in 6 seasons for Real Madrid. rofl

Is it really comparable though? Second of those two La Ligas we won was against the worst Barca team in a long time. Not a lot competition for the one year, and overall the quality of the teams has changed since then.

Messi hitting his prime has made a statement such at that you posted ridiculous. If prime Messi was on those teams back then we wouldn't have gotten close.
Times change, and that's the circumstansial difference between Robinho's and Neymar's second season statistics in Europe. Robinho supported Van Nistelrooy, won La Liga, Messi supported Neymar, won La Liga, everyone plays for Cronaldo's statistics, 1 ref infested La Liga in 6 seasons.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu May 28, 2015 5:49 pm

@Fußball robinho won't have been better off, he wasn't going to bench anybody at barcelona, not eto'o nor ronaldinho, and messi would have always gotten first dibs over him considering the time and efforts you invested in his medical progress. also, he probably won't have fit what rijkaard wanted, considering how xavi bashed rijkaard for not liking 'small' players (i never understood that though considering rikaard started deco in a deeper position in midfield as compared to his porto days, gave messi his debut, and promoted dos santos and bojan)

now i'm not going to go as far as say robinho would have been g.o.a.t material cos one can never know, and i don't like "ifs" in football, but harmonica's right, he was a victim of circumstance, he joined a madrid side in disarray, florentino quit in the middle of the season that year robinho signed, and he was also in the middle of something of a power struggle, by then, the brazilians and spanish on the team weren't getting along, and one of ramon calderon's first mandates was to sell off the brazilians and give the locker room to the spanish

it also didn't help that coaches didn't know where to play him, him, especially when you already had two strikers already on the team, and capello and schuster got confused as to whether or not they should start him, or play him down the flanks, considering they also had reyes and robben respectively

i do think neymar's technically a better player though, and (sadly) he seems a lot more disciplined with respect to off the field antics than robinho....robinho also had some terrible agents who gassed him up. on his day, he was a fantastic player, especially for brazil
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3