Is Neymar killing the market for SA players??

+12
julias
chinomaster182
justdoit_
Mr Nick09
The Franchise
Interista809
Sir Psycho
Ganso
BarrileteCosmico
Doc
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Dnmac4
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Is Neymar killing the market for SA players?? Empty Is Neymar killing the market for SA players??

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:59 pm

With all the talk about Neymar are other prospects from South America getting overlooked?

I have been saying this for months now that Leandro Damião is the real deal and IMO more suited to the European game and will be better then Neymar in Europe. He's 6'1 older and more filled out and just looks the part plus with the right service he is a lock for 20 plus goals a season.

It seems that Neymar's hype is so big that these other prospects are getting overlooked. I mean Spurs bid 18 mill for Leandro Damião, if someone bid that for Neymar it would be a joke. I know people are starting to notice him now and no I didn't just see the brazil game and make this thread. I actually see a lot of Internacional games and when he played in that pre-season tournament against the likes of Barca and AC Milan he looked the best player on the pitch scoring against both.

I guess the question is why is Neymar rated so much higher, is it his haircut? Damiao has scored in a Libertadores final, against Barca and Milan and now for Brazil plus he is killing it in the Brazilian league right now. 4 teams bid 40 mill for Neymar and Damiao gets a 18 mil bid from Spurs?

What do you think, is Neymar worth twice as much as Damiao and with teams needing strikers where are the huge bids for this guy??? What's going on???
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Is Neymar killing the market for SA players?? Empty Re: Is Neymar killing the market for SA players??

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:02 pm

How? If Sao Paolo don't want to get rid of him?
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Is Neymar killing the market for SA players?? Empty Re: Is Neymar killing the market for SA players??

Post by Doc Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:06 pm

Why is Neymar rated so much higher? One answer could be that he is simply a better player than Leandro. He also has way more marketable appeal than Leandro but I like the first one better.

Also, South American teams (so it seems) are no longer to be bullied by the European counterparts so 18 million may seem too much but it is what Sao Paolo want for him.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:06 pm

I can see why they don't want to get rid of him for 18 mill I wouldn't either.

I think if 3-4 teams were trying to throw 40 mill at them it would be a different story. Santos has said they don't want to sell Neymar too, and that has not stopped the bids from all the big European teams from flying in.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:07 pm

If he's too overpriced then clubs will look at other players in the south american market because they won't want him, and hence this is actually better for the other teams. I don't think he's killing the market.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:08 pm

dnmac4 wrote:I can see why they don't want to get rid of him for 18 mill I wouldn't either. .

Well then how is he killing the SA Market?
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:09 pm

Doc wrote:Why is Neymar rated so much higher? One answer could be that he is simply a better player than Leandro. He also has way more marketable appeal than Leandro but I like the first one better.

Also, South American teams (so it seems) are no longer to be bullied by the European counterparts so 18 million may seem too much but it is what Sao Paolo want for him.

18 mill too much??? I think that's a joke. Neymar is not worth twice as much as him. The point is that no one is really bidding for him and his skill set fits Europe perfectly.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:10 pm

Neymar Overrated? Then Balotelli should be too, though I actually rate Balotelli higher than Neymar. Sure one year apart, but Balotelli has done more, within Potential, I see pretty much equal. Both are arrogant, Balotelli is worst.

Speaking of values, Balotelli was signed for 24m from Man City... So a reasonable price for Neymar is more like 20-30m, not more not less.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:11 pm

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:I can see why they don't want to get rid of him for 18 mill I wouldn't either. .

Well then how is he killing the SA Market?

It just seems that the bigger teams in Europe are all waiting to see what's going to happen with Neymar before they throw big money at another SA youngster.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:15 pm

I'd let him grow and mature for one more season before going to Europe
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:16 pm

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:Neymar Overrated? Then Balotelli should be too, though I actually rate Balotelli higher than Neymar. Sure one year apart, but Balotelli has done more, within Potential, I see pretty much equal. Both are arrogant, Balotelli is worst.

Speaking of values, Balotelli was signed for 24m from Man City... So a reasonable price for Neymar is more like 20-30m, not more not less.

I agree with that but Neymar is going to go for between 40-50 mill. And that is kind of my point. What makes Neymar worth so much more then Damiao and Balotelli. There is still a big question weather Neymar can hold up in a European season with his slight build plus I don't think he can slot into a team as easily as Damiao. Leandro is a pure striker and you can play him along side another striker or on his own where as I don't think Neymar really has a defined position yet.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:18 pm

neymar-1st professional starting season:one Copa do Brasil and 42 goals
neymar-2nd professional season: carried his team to the Libertadores title,Selecao starter and key player

How exactly are you not supposed to rate him?
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:20 pm

Ganso wrote:neymar-1st professional starting season:one Copa do Brasil and 42 goals
neymar-2nd professional season: carried his team to the Libertadores title,Selecao starter and key player

Where did anyone say they don't rate him????
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:20 pm

dnmac4 wrote:
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:Neymar Overrated? Then Balotelli should be too, though I actually rate Balotelli higher than Neymar. Sure one year apart, but Balotelli has done more, within Potential, I see pretty much equal. Both are arrogant, Balotelli is worst.

I agree with that but Neymar is going to go for between 40-50 mill. And that is kind of my point. What makes Neymar worth so much more then Damiao and Balotelli. There is still a big question weather Neymar can hold up in a European season with his slight build plus I don't think he can slot into a team as easily as Damiao. Leandro is a pure striker and you can play him along side another striker or on his own where as I don't think Neymar really has a defined position yet.

If anything his defiend position is to be a Support Striker
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:20 pm

dnmac4 wrote:
Ganso wrote:neymar-1st professional starting season:one Copa do Brasil and 42 goals

If he was refereing to me, I suggest he rereads my earlier post.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:22 pm

dnmac4 wrote:

I will reformulate the question:how exactly is someone supposed to not hype a 19 y/o with those achievements?

only Pele's achievements in SA were so considerable at that age
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:28 pm

Let me make this clear I think Neymar is very good. He has unreal potential. I just also think Damiao is a more finished product and could slot into a good European team and give you 20 plus goals a season right away. It makes sense because he is older then Neymar and it is not knocking Neymar.

I just think every big team in Europe throwing 40-50 mill at Santos for Neymar and 1 or 2 teams throwing 20 mill for Damiao is strange and if you can get him for half the price I would jump at that opportunity.

Also, this is not a shot at you Ganso, but I am tired of Neymar getting all the credit for Santos' success last year. That team was LOADED, I have said on this board 3 or 4 times by now watch how many really good players were on that team when all is said and done. That team was the perfect storm of young and older players and was not just Neymar.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Psycho Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:29 pm

His price tag is my only problem, but that's not his fault. The rolling around after a hit is minor, future team-mates will snap him out of that. Although he is linked with us.
Sir Psycho
Sir Psycho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:37 pm

dnmac4 wrote:Let me make this clear I think Neymar is very good. He has unreal potential. I just also think Damiao is a more finished product and could slot into a good European team and give you 20 plus goals a season right away. It makes sense because he is older then Neymar and it is not knocking Neymar.

I just think every big team in Europe throwing 40-50 mill at Santos for Neymar and 1 or 2 teams throwing 20 mill for Damiao is strange and if you can get him for half the price I would jump at that opportunity.

Also, this is not a shot at you Ganso, but I am tired of Neymar getting all the credit for Santos' success last year. That team was LOADED, I have said on this board 3 or 4 times by now watch how many really good players were on that team when all is said and done. That team was the perfect storm of young and older players and was not just Neymar.
Im a internacional fan,ive been watching Damiao since day 1 of his career.Hes an excellent player,worthy of the Selecao's 9 atm.But,he is having his breakthrough season now,remember Keirrison?Damiao one top season so far,Neymar 2 excellent seasons.

And when I say that Neymar carried his team to the Liberatdores,I mean it.At least the attack.Most goals were created or scored by him.Ganso spent all of the tourney injured,Ze Eduadro is a joke of a CF,Elano is the usual elano.Their GK and defense were solid,i gotta admit that(were).
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:37 pm

Sir_Psycho_Sexy91 wrote:His price tag is my only problem, but that's not his fault. The rolling around after a hit is minor, future team-mates will snap him out of that. Although he is linked with us.

Agreed, being a Barca fan give me Damiao for our team over Neymar all day long. I just think Neymar needs too much of the ball and really doesn't fit our system with the other players on our team who already need the ball as well. With the service Damiao would get from Barca he would be a force and a perfect backup to Villa, he doesn't need much of the ball and when he gets it he goes strait for goal plus he would give us some height and he is good technically as well.

Neymar on the other hand is Taylor made for Madrid, I think he would kill it there if he played in Di Maria's position. There system fit's Neymar so perfectly.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Interista809 Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:38 pm

Why are people so mad at Brazilian clubs not selling their best assets for peanuts to then see European clubs make huge profits?? This Neymar hate has me enraged.
Interista809
Interista809
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:45 pm

Leandro relies on service, without it, he doesnt impact the game.

Neymar is a gamechanger, he has many different skills which nobody wants to talk about like finishing and even passing. To say his haircut is in anyway altering his price is an insult to his skill.

He is worth more then Leandro and rightly so.

If he costs to much, they dont buy him, it doesnt ruin the market. He is just one player of many.

If people thought Leandro or anyone else was as good as Neymar, they would go for him instead.

Last edited by The Franchise on Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:50 pm

Ganso wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:Let me make this clear I think Neymar is very good. He has unreal potential. I just also think Damiao is a more finished product and could slot into a good European team and give you 20 plus goals a season right away. It makes sense because he is older then Neymar and it is not knocking Neymar.

Im a internacional fan,ive been watching Damiao since day 1 of his career.Hes an excellent player,worthy of the Selecao's 9 atm.But,he is having his breakthrough season now,remember Keirrison?Damiao one top season so far,Neymar 2 excellent seasons.

And when I say that Neymar carried his team to the Liberatdores,I mean it.At least the attack.Most goals were created or scored by him.Ganso spent all of the tourney injured,Ze Eduadro is a joke of a CF,Elano is the usual elano.Their GK and defense were solid,i gotta admit that(were).

I thought Elano was very good for them last year and from the games I watched which were quite a few Elano played his position perfectly and was a great influence on the younger players. There GK is great 2-3 of there defenders will go to Europe (some already have) a midfield with Ganso and Elano in it for a Brazilian team is amazing and add ?Neymar and Ze Eduardo (although he is kinda a ball hog) you have a really good team. Yes Neymar was there best player but he did not drag that team anywhere.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:52 pm

Interista809 wrote:Why are people so mad at Brazilian clubs not selling their best assets for peanuts to then see European clubs make huge profits?? This Neymar hate has me enraged.

Jesus man, where does anyone say that??? The question in the thread is why aren't people offering more for Damiao and why aren't more teams going after him. Did you even read the thread?
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:55 pm

The Franchise wrote:Leandro relies on service, without it, he doesnt impact the game.

Neymar is a gamechanger, he has many different skills which nobody wants to talk about like finishing and even pass. To say his haircut is in anyway altering his price is an insult to his skill.

He is worth more then Leandro and rightly so.

If he costs to much, they dont buy him, it doesnt ruin the market. He is just one player of many.

If people thought Leandro or anyone else was as good as Neymar, they would go for him instead.

Agreed most CF's do rely on service. The question isn't why is Neymar going for more, it was why is he going for twice as much. Also why is only one team looking at Damiao and almost all of Europe wants to throw 40-50 mill at Neymar.

I argued that Damiao would fit the European style of play better and his skills are needed by a lot of teams, but no where did I say that Neymar is not a great player.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum