RealGunner
urbaNRoots
Mr_Puyol
72 posters

Page 16 of 32 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 32  Next

Go down

Copa América 2015 - Page 16 Empty Re: Copa América 2015

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:57 am

jibers wrote:System players is just a BS term. Every player is a system player...

Busquets long passing isn't anything to shout about. This season especially everytime he tried to switch the ball to the flanks he overhit it or it was too short. His ground passing is good though.

Agreed, on both points.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:19 am

and thats a rap
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:34 am

farfan wrote:
Cruijf wrote:Saying you're entitled to your opinion on the other things is a bit generous Laughing

Busquets is no better than Thiago Motta? Sorry but that's just not true, to put it mildly.

they're different players .

no way Biscuit can delvier those defense splitting through balls and long passes like Motta does .

No holding midfielder does it better than Busquets. Uninformed people just don't notice it because he does it in deeper positions and the passes don't end up as assists. Busquets is the master of the disguised through pass which breaches the midfield lines time after time:

Copa América 2015 - Page 16 6ehe7axy

Copa América 2015 - Page 16 38kzqvcu

Copa América 2015 - Page 16 Hb6bzg2c

Copa América 2015 - Page 16 Fydrglb8

Copa América 2015 - Page 16 Sb3hejh5

Copa América 2015 - Page 16 G3mowta3

That's just a fraction of what he does week in week out. No wonder Messi loves to play with him. Just look how many times Messi receives the ball from him between the lines in a way that the midfield is already breached and Messi just has the backline infront of him to run at. But yeah, it's not as aesthetically pleasing as a good Pirlo-esque long ball.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:32 am

Busquets is just doing his work quietly, that's why nobody talks about him, hence the underrating. Pirlo is a swagger and he's the god and everything. Busquets is the real hero, without bringing any not needed attention.

People just don't see it because they don't want to. For some reason.

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:44 am

Copa América 2015 - Page 16 FrightenedCleverDeer
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:08 pm

Someone is really saying that Thiago Motta is better than Busquets? Or that Motta is a regista and makes splitting through ball passes??

Are you really talking about Thiago Motta? The ex-Barça player? The thug? Shocked
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Pip Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:38 pm

I will never understand why some of you post so many GIFs in the same post. Think about the bandwidth!

Pip
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:42 pm

linetty wrote:Copa América 2015 - Page 16 FrightenedCleverDeer

And this is supposed to prove what exactly? How many times has Busquets lost the ball in that position then had to dive to get a foul because he always overplays doing that exact pullback? What a pointless gif to post.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:42 pm

jibers wrote:

And this is supposed to prove what exactly? How many times has Busquets lost the ball in that position then had to dive to get a foul because he always overplays doing that exact pullback? What a pointless gif to post.

Lol he does this kind of skillz every game. Of course he's bound to lose it from time to time but if successful, it creates acres of space.

The underrating of Barca's players on here really strikes me. Really poor knowledge and judging with no merit at all.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:08 pm

jibers is a Barca fan, he's just trolling you. (:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:24 pm

Jibers is a fan of hoofball and despises the idea of keeping the ball on the ground IMO (:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:03 pm

linetty wrote:
jibers wrote:

Lol he does this kind of skillz every game. Of course he's bound to lose it from time to time but if successful, it creates acres of space.

The underrating of Barca's players on here really strikes me. Really poor knowledge and judging with no merit at all.

And where have I underrated Barcelona players? Please get a grip. I spoke more about you posting pointless gifs that prove nothing. You sound like one of those guys that coincidentally became a fan after Pep took over. Noone here has underestimated anybody...
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:12 pm

jibers wrote:
linetty wrote:
jibers wrote:

And where have I underrated Barcelona players? Please get a grip. I spoke more about you posting pointless gifs that prove nothing. You sound like one of those guys that coincidentally became a fan after Pep took over. Noone here has underestimated anybody...

And you sound like a typical glory hunter. A fan of every club. Who cares Real didn't win anything this season when Barca collected the treble? You always win. Proudly spreading the happiness. Pls spare me, i didn't say this gif proves anything anyway so i don't know what you all about.

Let's move onto the final now because Messi and co will spank chili tonight. (:
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:25 pm

Copa América 2015 - Page 16 04peru1

Proud
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by À bout de souffle Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:56 pm

^ Congratulations. cheers

Truth be told, Peru deserved to be amongst the finalists.

@Perucho21, hope you're cheering for TeamBBQ tonight, as you'd promised. Very Happy
À bout de souffle
À bout de souffle
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:21 pm

After a long time a goal.com article that I really liked.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2015/07/04/13274212/messis-right-winning-the-copa-america-would-mean-as-much-as?ICID=OP

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:33 pm

Can see Argentina struggling a fair bit against Chile. They have looked incredibly shaky anytime when pressed, and I'm sure Chile will go out playing with bucket loads of intensity.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:40 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Iniesta could only play in Barca is plain wrong though.

He's arguably even better for Spain in a completely different role.

Anyone is entitled to their opinion with those other things but the Iniesta part is just plain wrong at least give a worthwhile reason why you think he's overrated.

Well said and thanks.

Iniesta and even Xavi could later have been accused by some of the not so great observers of the game to have succeeded so much for Barcelona mainly because of Messi but even after seeing what they have achieved for Spain if people say such things then I think the best thing to do is not to say anything to them at all. Arguing with them is a complete waste of time the way I see it and the only thing I like doing after reading such things is putting the people who said them on my ignore list. I'd rather trust my eyes and listen to what those who matter in the football world say about him and I can tell you that the greatest of greats have given him the highest of compliments.

Not too bad being overrated if you greatly aid your team in winning not one, not two but seven finals (of the highest level) winning man of the match in three of them. Find one or more players in football history who had match winning impacts in at least seven finals of the highest level and significance and then we will talk. I am sure teams all over the world would love to have such overrated players. Smile

Anyway no more on this. It has hardly any connection with the thread topic.

Last edited by messixaviesta on Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:50 pm

Casciavit wrote:Can see Argentina struggling a fair bit against Chile. They have looked incredibly shaky anytime when pressed, and I'm sure Chile will go out playing with bucket loads of intensity.

Chilly will get ripped. Their gung-ho style always gets exposed against any half decent side. The Arsenal of intl. footy.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:52 pm

Based Bonera wrote:
guest_07 wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Can Messi do what Riquelme did and choke in the final?

Perhaps.

messi still don't have any of his argentina campaign in any tournament as convincing as riquelme

Agreed. Riquelmeh is better, IMO.

See firstly Riquelme played in a very different position and secondly while on his day his team was both beautiful and brilliant he had key failings which are crucial to note. He could be man marked to the extent of nullifying his team and he never managed to win anything with Argentina, losing to a substandard Brazil in the final of 2007 perhaps his worst moment. How many of his exceptional performances came against top class teams? Messi still has time to do more and if he wins this Copa America for Argentina in spite of not having always been brilliant I'd say he's already done more for his national team than Riquelme. That said Messi has had his fair share of great performances for Argentina and a few of them have come in this Copa itself.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:53 pm

Casciavit wrote:Can see Argentina struggling a fair bit against Chile. They have looked incredibly shaky anytime when pressed, and I'm sure Chile will go out playing with bucket loads of intensity.

Maybe but the counterpoint is that Argentina would rather play a team that wants to come out and play football than one that just wants to park the bus and indulge in warfare and thuggery.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:54 pm

Tbh Casciavit theory is right, they should cause Argentina problems.... Problem is theories are not always right and i looked earlier, apparently Chile have never beaten them at Copa America Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:55 pm

Tbh Casciavit theory is right, they should cause Argentina problems.... Problem is theories are not always right and i looked earlier, apparently Chile have never beaten them at Copa America Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:03 pm

I am reminded so much of Copa America 2007 final and unfortunately so.

That day I didn't even entertain the possibility of Argentina losing. They had been brilliant and Juan Roman Riquelme had probably given his career best performance. Messi too was playing quite well. Brazil had come with a sub par team and had played as a sub par team is expected to.

Then that final happened, a pain that has still not gone away. What happened that night the eyes couldn't quite believe.

Today Argentina are again huge favorites but this time I am realistic enough to accept that the opposition can win as well. However for too many reasons we just can't dream of dropping this now. At the level at which Messi has played this season it's just not acceptable to drop anything and we never had a better chance of ending the 22 year old drought, at least never since 2007. If Argentina (and Messi) wins this then not only does he end up with a season that would be right up there with the very best any footballer ever had, he would have also removed pretty much any stigma that may still be there against his name.

Now you may ask what about the world cup final last year. To that I would say Argentina had just not convinced in that tournament and even as a fan I couldn't really say we deserved the trophy. In the final we did play better than Germany but looking at the tournament as a whole they deserved it. In this Copa though we have been the favorites from the start and by far the best team.

It's now or never. I am struggling to retain my sanity as the hour comes closer.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:07 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Can Messi do what Riquelme did and choke in the final?

Perhaps.

Messi was sub par in the final of WC 2014 and that still irks me but he is too good a player to keep choking in international finals.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:09 pm

À bout de souffle wrote:1990: Argentina lost to Germany 1-0
1991: won Copa America on Chilean soil

2014: Argentina lost to Germany 1-0
2015: ???