*Transfer Special* How should Bayern Munich improve their squad?

+25
jibers
Mr Nick09
VivaStPauli
Forza
Valkyrja
LuckAndWin
M99
farfan
Highburied
El Gunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Myesyats
Kaladin
Tomwin Lannister
BarrileteCosmico
Onyx
titosantill
Hapless_Hans
zigra
Art Morte
futbol
Cruijf
Kick
rwo power
RealGunner
29 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

*Transfer Special* How should Bayern Munich improve their squad? Empty *Transfer Special* How should Bayern Munich improve their squad?

Post by RealGunner Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:30 am

While they are set for Bundesliga, CL is where they have been failing for the last two years for one reason or another.

Pressure on Pep is building and this summer he really needs to address squad's short comings.

They have signed Douglas Costa, who will be a good cover for one of Robben or Ribery. But they still need more players. Specially if Pep is reluctant to trust the likes of Goetze and Lewandowski.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

*Transfer Special* How should Bayern Munich improve their squad? Empty Re: *Transfer Special* How should Bayern Munich improve their squad?

Post by rwo power Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:56 am

Rumours have it (SSNHD, that is) that Pep has quite some problems with Thomas Müller, too, as he doesn't really fit into Pep's strict strategy plans. So it might get interesting whether Pep wants to add even more pep so that he could bench Müller (which would be utter blasphemy, if you ask me), too.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

*Transfer Special* How should Bayern Munich improve their squad? Empty Re: *Transfer Special* How should Bayern Munich improve their squad?

Post by Kick Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:09 am

They need to get rid of the scrubs on their team. IMO, Muller and Goetze must leave (to Chelsea) and they should buy Gaya and Jordi Alba as replacements Thumbs up
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:17 am

Agreed Kick. Robben and Thiago must also leave if Bayern wants to reach the top. We with gladly swap Menez and Poli in order to relieve Bayern of their srubs.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:16 am

They don't need players. Pep is master tactician and will win CL next season. He was just joking last 2 seasons.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:20 am

Everyone knows Joe Allen is the Welsh Xavi, we're probably playing hard ball over the transfer, that's why it hasn't happened yet.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:20 am

They need Messi, Pep is like his father. Pepsi is the best (:

Last edited by zigra on Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:23 am

Thanks for taking this serious, guys. I appreciate the input.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:34 am

Oh, and Borini is like a carbon-copy of Pedro.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:37 am

the answer you're all looking for is right under your noses....wolfsburg came 2nd, so, what are bayern waiting for? they know what to do, it doesn't need to be explained, it doesn't need to be spelled out. business as usual
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:41 am

Alex Song is available.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:50 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:Alex Song is available.

That lad has Barca DNA, through and through. He played at Arsenal ffs!
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:52 pm

RealGunner wrote:While they are set for Bundesliga, CL is where they have been failing for the last two years for one reason or another.

Pressure on Pep is building and this summer he really needs to address squad's short comings.

They have signed Douglas Costa, who will be a good cover for one of Robben or Ribery. But they still need more players. Specially if Pep is reluctant to trust the likes of Goetze and Lewandowski.

1. If you look at the players available during this spring, do you really think going out in semis is 'failure' in CL? I'll try not to make the obvious comparison.

2. What gives you the impression Pep is reluctant to trust Lewandowski? He practically always played when available, and played very well.

3. When asked in this season's first pk about what he wants for the coming season, squad wise, Pep said: "Ribery and Robben healthy and available".
Much can be mused about what transition we need to do, but Robben and Ribery are still more than capable of being top class.
We need them more fit, and less injured, than last season (along with Alaba, Thiago, Martinez, Lahm) and then it's not such a urgent need for massive squad renewals as everyone claims.

4. The problem is, raging injury problems mess up squad planning. We got Alonso when Javi wrecked his knee and Schweini was out for a few months too. Then we had both available, and all evidence suggest fielding just one of them (a fit Schweinsteiger) is better. Pep messed up in that regard.
But that's the problem with so many injuries, you can't plan, you can't have the right balance of quality and depth. Hoping for a better injury record next season.

5. When all are fit, with Lahm, Thiago and Alaba option for CM too, do we need another midfielder? Höjbjerg is returning and will want minutes, Rode is a backup option, Gaudino should get some minutes though it's not clear how satisfying his progress has been, in training etc.
According to kicker, Alonso is supposed to take a slightly more backup role next season, which I think is the right move.
Edit: I should not forget 20 year old Kimmich who's joining and is a CM.

6. That of course depends what Schweini does. His contract, like Alonso's, ends 2016. That was supposed the summer of midfield transition, with Gündogan a possible successor.
He's being heavily courted by van Gaal now though I think he's more likely to stay at least the year.
Maybe he even renews, depending on how he envisions the last chapter of his career.

7. Another big question, and maybe the most important point, is: what's the future of Pep.
Our club has tirelessly insisted they want to extend his contract, he's been playing it cool.
If he doesn't signal soon he wants to stay, the club cannot mold the squad planning according to his wishes. He needs to come clean ASAP.

8. Costa, according to various reports, was Pep's wish. I just now read the other board members (i.e. I guess mainly Reschke and Sammer) would have opted for Ntep.
Who knows whether that's true.

9. The Di Maria interest is so widely reported it cannot be not true. I don't really get it tbh. Here too Pep seems to want him, and I don't get that either.

10. Another kicker report persuasively said that Di Maria, while wanted, is too expensive and we're not willing to pay wages similar to what he gets. Reasonable.
It also said that Griezmann,

Anderson and Darmian were decided against by our transfer team for lack of quality.
Hope their judgement is right, as Darmian is going to Utd now for little money, and we still have only Rafinha.
Unless Lahm will play on the right side again.

11. Pizarro's contract is over. We need a backup striker.
Read today that maybe Pizarro will even get another year which I would like, but we'd still need another striker.

12. What would you think are our 'squad shortcomings'.
We've added a 2nd GK in Ulreich (with Pepe Reina gone), a right sided attacker in Costa (with Weiser gone), a young CM prospect in Kimmich and a returning young midfield prospect in Höjbjerg. What else.

Last edited by Hapless_Hans on Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:58 pm

Simply keeping their players fit will mean they're 75% there. So imo they need to sign new medical staff. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:04 pm

We already did.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:31 pm

The point about Anderson should have been mentioned in a distant 2nd paragraph and not 10th. What are you doing, Hans?!

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:35 pm

They need to replace robbery. I vote for Griezemann and De Bruyne.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:37 pm

Fußball wrote:The point about Anderson should have been mentioned in a distant 2nd paragraph and not 10th. What are you doing, Hans?!

Thnks. Fixed it.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:38 pm

Tell Pep to take his hipster ideas elsewhere, and replace him with a coach who isn't going to play 2-1-1-7-8-5-3 with GKs at DM, wing backs playing false ball boy and Lahm playing #9 just to prove a point.

Boom, CL winners.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:39 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:They need to replace robbery. I vote for Griezemann and De Bruyne.

Griezmann is too expensive for his quality (or so our board and Pep supposedly think), De Bruyne won't be leave Wolfsburg this summer.

To add to that, both have a different profile than both Ribéry and Robben.

Last edited by Hapless_Hans on Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:41 pm

rofl
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:42 pm

what's funny. You think I'm funny?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:45 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:what's funny. You think I'm funny?

You coming at me? stfu if you coming at me
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:47 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:

You ever giggle like that again I'll come back and butt *bleep* your father with your mom's headless corpse
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:49 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
El Shaarawy wrote:

You ever giggle like that again I'll come back and butt *bleep* your father with your mom's headless corpse

*Transfer Special* How should Bayern Munich improve their squad? C9u1X
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next