RealGunner
Tomwin Lannister
Valkyrja
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Kaladin
84 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Manchester United Part V/Ole Sack Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Manchester United Part V/Ole Sack Watch

Post by Vlad the Impaler Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:57 am

Highburied wrote:Man Utd with so many new arrivals will have no chemistry at the beginning, plus Van Gael is not consistent.

I'm afraid about the team chemistry. You said it well..

Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Manchester United Part V/Ole Sack Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Manchester United Part V/Ole Sack Watch

Post by Sri Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:48 am

Vlad the Impaler wrote:
Highburied wrote:Man Utd with so many new arrivals will have no chemistry at the beginning, plus Van Gael is not consistent.

I'm afraid about the team chemistry. You said it well..

Well the good thing's that you've finished the key signings well and early. That gives the guys at least a months headstart. Should well mitigate some of the lack of early season chemistry.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:36 am

So..

They let go RvP and Falcao. Welbeck was sold last season. Chickpea is back, but he can't be high on confidence with LvG sending him away in the first place.

Rooney, Chickpea, Wilson, these are their strikers as of now.

Depay can score too, but he might as well be going down the Jumanji road if you ask me, what with 2 goals in his (CL) debut and being hailed the next Ronaldo. Oh right, Jumanji is a striker to according to Louis.

Anyone really believes that will get them anywhere?

Meanwhile, van Gaal reckons they do "not need a striker" unless he's the "best stiker in the world"

http://www.espnfc.com/manchester-united/story/2578519/manchester-united-do-not-need-a-striker-van-gaal.

So while Ed Woody is flying to Barcelona only to mess up the Pedro negotiation as he's busy molesting the reception desk of a hotel to tell him Neymar's agent's room number, and while they're 'preparing' another 80m € stab at Müller, other options fade away.

Who can they get now?

Pretty sure Spurs won't sell Kane now, Lacazette renewed his contract, while RedCafé is conjuring up an Ibrahimovic move, as if this wasn't the worst idea ever conceived in history, with Pep already being too much of a philosopher for Zlatan.

They let Di Maria go as well.
They ruined both their goalkeeper's place in the team, with De Gea and Valdes on the stands.
Daley Blind is playing center back.

Tbh it looks to me like they're getting worse in terms of squad quality, not better.
A van Gaal fallout with either Rooney or Schweinsteiger is upcoming this season as well.

Thoughts?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:00 pm

They're not playing well, either.

They improved their side but they have a long way to go.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:07 pm

Molesting the reception desk for neymar agents hotel room number..*ROFL*
Maybe el woody is secretly organising a crew for the new mission impossible release?
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:07 pm

United LOUDLY assembling nothing.

IMO.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:10 pm

They have net spent practically nothing this summer though.

Surely the cash must be thrown SOMEWHERE still.

But where?

Kick wrote:
They improved their side but they have a long way to go.

That would be my question.

Have they really improved, across the board?
They've improved in CM no doubt, with Schweini and Schneiderlein.
They've probably improved at RB, though Darmian looks like a yellow-red danger as much as Rafael did IMO. Anyway LvG might prefer Valencia again.

Did they improve in attack and attacking midfield?
RvP, Falcao, Di Maria out, Depay in? Clearly not. On the contrary it's a huge loss of quality.

Last edited by Hapless_Hans on Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:12 pm

Alot of doom and gloom in Hans post which I dont feel when watching Man Utd. They are not the finished product but they are heading in a positive direction. They are fortunate to be heading in any direction.

I dont think they need a striker RIGHT NOW. I think Rooney will come good sooner or later and the striker position is the only one I would want him in. Those days as some kinda 10 need to be over.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:13 pm

Dani in being positive about sideways passing shocker (:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:18 pm

The Franchise wrote:Alot of doom and gloom in Hans post which I dont feel when watching Man Utd. They are not the finished product but they are heading in a positive direction. They are fortunate to be heading in any direction.

I dont think they need a striker RIGHT NOW. I think Rooney will come good sooner or later and the striker position is the only one I would want him in. Those days as some kinda 10 need to be over.

I agree on Rooney. He's always been clutch for them, even under Moyes.
For some strange reason, their fans detest their faithful WC player of over a decade and current captain.
Still, they don't need another striker you say? That's a hell of a lot of pressure on Depay.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:26 pm

They could do with one, because if Rooney gets injured they are stuck with rubbish. So I think they should consider it, but they shouldnt be in scramble mode.

They need a striker less than they need a CB and less than they need to stop playing 2 holding midfielder's at the same time.

And did Mole just insinuate I have extra reason to be positive about a Van Gaal team? Laughing
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:30 pm

I also dont agree that RvP, Falcao, Di Maria out, Depay in is a loss in quality per say.

In a normal world of it surely is. But LVG was getting nothing out of those 3 players so if they get something out of Depay its positive.

Plus Rooney is in a better position now (though he hasnt shown it yet) and they arent trying to fit square pegs in wrong holes so much.

There was nothing good about Falcao making final balls out side with Di Maria trying to be a second striker and RVP walking around half retired.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:32 pm

Yes :coffee:

Although I realized that after I made the post Laughing

My biggest issue outside of the striker seriously though is the two CMs, they are nowhere near progressive enough.

So IMO Herrera should play, look at all the contending teams they all have CMs who support the attack positively and atm they don't have that or that they do and they don't use him lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:33 pm

You just wait till Falcao starts bangin' them in.

Spoiler:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:35 pm

I definitely agree about the midfield. It has been too obvious since the start.

I think he is compensating for the lack of quality in the defence by giving them extra protection. But then they are struggling to create down the other end.

Naturally they pass more safer also, so they are missing some counter attack opportunities.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:39 pm

The Franchise wrote:I also dont agree that RvP, Falcao, Di Maria out, Depay in is a loss in quality per say.

In a normal world of it surely is. But LVG was getting nothing out of those 3 players so if they get something out of Depay its positive.

Plus Rooney is in a better position now (though he hasnt shown it yet) and they arent trying to fit square pegs in wrong holes so much.

There was nothing good about Falcao making final balls out side with Di Maria trying to be a second striker and RVP walking around half retired.

That is true, but I understood this thread as being about Utd assembling a team of huge quality.

That with van Gaal the difference between 'on paper' and 'effectively' is probably even more pointed than it always is, is an important point, I give you that.

Just as van Gaal has been showing he can forge a decently functioning tactical unit out of the squad they have.

But since he's getting the 'functioning' part mostly out of decent players than out of players that could be special (Young and Fellaini DID play well), and this engendered the dissapointing contribution of their last season's big names, I was just wondering if their really assembling a 'great' team.
I can only see it being good. Like Mata. Good, not great.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:54 pm

Ah yeah, could be. Havent followed the threat tbh.

I agree with what you said there.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sk3ptical Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:54 pm

RealGunner wrote:Honestly, United will be serious title contenders if they land Bastian, and a CB like Ramos/Hummels. Rooney is still top 5 PL strikers easily. they do need backup though.

They don't have a team any worse than City.

Battle for 3rd/4th might be great between the manchester clubs
is that right Sleep

maybe u should take a look at your wack arsenal team who cant even score a goal rofl
sk3ptical
sk3ptical
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:00 pm

You read the date when I made that post?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by sk3ptical Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:07 pm

thats why i quoted u smoking
sk3ptical
sk3ptical
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:20 am

RealGunner wrote:Fabregas Anyday

http://www.goallegacy.net/t17370-ozil-vs-fabregas

RealGunner wrote:Honestly, United will be serious title contenders if they land Bastian, and a CB like Ramos/Hummels. Rooney is still top 5 PL strikers easily. they do need backup though.

They don't have a team any worse than City.

Battle for 3rd/4th might be great between the manchester clubs

Proud
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:03 am

Have to say, this Utd team defend exceptionally well so far when you compare it to the quality of their back 4. They are pretty well organised when they are in a low block and they seem to press quite well.

Defenders seem scared to death of missing a pass though, thats why it takes them forever to get the ball into the opponents half. The guys at the back and not risking losing any ball.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:58 pm

The Franchise wrote:Have to say, this Utd team defend exceptionally well so far when you compare it to the quality of their back 4. They are pretty well organised when they are in a low block and they seem to press quite well.

Defenders seem scared to death of missing a pass though, thats why it takes them forever to get the ball into the opponents half. The guys at the back and not risking losing any ball.

Largely down to our added steel in midfield. Schneiderlin and Carrick/Schweinsteiger are doing an exceptional job at shielding the defence so far, and both our fullbacks are defensively sound who push inward and plug the gap beside our centre backs. Mix that with the much improved Smalling and Blind doing a fine job as a ball playing centre back and you have a team who has conceded only one goal in 5 matches (and that was an O.G).

The whole team is too cautious at times, choosing to keep possession for too long and limiting the other team a sniff at our goal. I wish we were a bit more adventurous tbh, but if it gets us 3 points then I'm not gonna complain too much.

Still, the defence hasn't been properly tested by quality attackers yet. We have a tough away game at Swansea on Sunday. If we get through that match with the same defensive solidity we've seen so far, then I'll begin to get fully excited/impressed.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:17 pm

Well, Utd have definitely improved defensively and when you consider that teams so far barely succeeded to even test a weak link like Blind at center back and Romero at goal that means their midfield and forward line are doing a tremendous job shielding the defense.

But i get a feeling that their forward and midfield players are getting tired easily due to this and this type of pressing/tracking back is not sustainable over a full season.It is also no wonder that they plays too safe. Players are too scared to push up, too scared to do something out of ordinary and too scared to even attempt a creative pass. Even Mata i saw defending like a full back which was a surprise. The forwards will definitely get tired of the tracking back imo, then their defense will get exposed.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:32 pm

I wanna know where them haters at who were laughing at us for buying Shaw last year Laughing

Guy has been a beast

only main man Mole defended the deal and recognized what we were paying for Molenation
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:36 pm

We'll see him against Ayew on sunday brah
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next