rincon
NeganIsco
iftikhar
M99
danyjr
51 posters

Page 1 of 16 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next

Go down

Manchester United Part V / ETH Sack Watch Empty Manchester United Part V / ETH Sack Watch

Post by danyjr Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:41 pm

Inter with Lukaku, Icardi, Lautaro and Sánchez Shocked
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Manchester United Part V / ETH Sack Watch Empty Re: Manchester United Part V / ETH Sack Watch

Post by M99 Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:02 pm

danyjr wrote:Inter with Lukaku, Icardi, Lautaro and Sánchez Shocked

Don't think Icardi will play a single game for them at least for a while.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Manchester United Part V / ETH Sack Watch Empty Re: Manchester United Part V / ETH Sack Watch

Post by iftikhar Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:48 pm

Red flags
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by NeganIsco Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:47 am

United has regressed so much as a club

paying 60% of the wages for a player playing for a foreign club Laughing

brb... gonna go pay 60% of mortgage for someone else to live in my house.
NeganIsco
NeganIsco
Banned (Temporary)

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:16 am

Icardi is still out of Inter's plans. He should just take the move to Napoli, but its said he only wants Juve if he is to leave Inter.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:24 pm

NeganIsco wrote:paying 60% of the wages for a player playing for a foreign club Laughing

That is actually "normal" for big clubs/franchises to do tbh. If they really don't want you around, they'll gladly pay the salary while the player is somewhere else. Obviously this doesn't apply to how regular folks (or regular companies to be frank) operate but sports is a bit different to say the least.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:57 pm

Doc wrote:
NeganIsco wrote:paying 60% of the wages for a player playing for a foreign club Laughing

That is actually "normal" for big clubs/franchises to do tbh. If they really don't want you around, they'll gladly pay the salary while the player is somewhere else. Obviously this doesn't apply to how regular folks (or regular companies to be frank) operate but sports is a bit different to say the least.

It's not normal between two big clubs to pay 60% of the salary lol. United are being cucked so hard here. I really don't understand why they're even letting him go to save less than £10m, especially since their bench is full of shit players.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:30 pm

Poison in locker room?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:08 pm

futbol_bill wrote:Poison in locker room?

Also don't get where people are getting that from. Sanchez has never had a reputation of a troublemaker and I haven't seen any news about him kicking up a fuss in the locker room. If this "we're paying half or more of his wages" deal was the best they could get, they should have kept him.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:58 am

Art Morte wrote:

Also don't get where people are getting that from. Sanchez has never had a reputation of a troublemaker and I haven't seen any news about him kicking up a fuss in the locker room. If this "we're paying half or more of his wages" deal was the best they could get, they should have kept him.

its getting rid of someone in the locker-room who's on 300k+ salary that doesn't do shit. positive vibes only hehe.
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:57 am

Art Morte wrote:

He had a reputation even back at Arsenal, I imagine it’s the same at Utd.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by NeganIsco Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:19 am

Doc wrote:

Please tell me one renowned player whose previous club paid 60% of his wages while he played for another club...

... especially since its so "Normal"
NeganIsco
NeganIsco
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:28 am

I'll give you a club that paid at least 66.67% of their former player's wages while he played for another club: Real Madrid.

When Casillas first moved to Porto, his new club only had to pay less than one third of his salary while the rest was paid by Madrid.

And please, don't take my word for it, here's a direct quote from the president of FC Porto himself:
Jorge Nuno Pinto da Costa wrote:For us, the Casillas deal was highly attractive in terms of costs. At 34 years of age he still has three of four seasons left at the highest level. I wonder if any club in the world would turn down the chance to sign Casillas for wages equivalent to two of our outgoing loanees, Andres Fernandez and Fabiano.

I chose it was better to sign Casillas. Mourinho inconceivably made fun of the Casillas deal, but he's shot himself in the foot as Porto are paying less than a third of his salary – Madrid pay the rest
Also, and this is just a tip if you want to survive this forum: try to be less hostile and disrespectful. You're coming across as too arrogant, too hostile and (sorry if I'm being brutally blunt here) but also too ignorant. I don't even know you and you have already given me enough reasons to hate you for three consecutive lifetimes. And I promise you I'm not the only one here.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by NeganIsco Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:19 am

The Demon of Carthage wrote:I'll give you a club that paid at least 66.67% of their former player's wages while he played for another club: Real Madrid.

When Casillas first moved to Porto, his new club only had to pay less than one third of his salary while the rest was paid by Madrid.

And please, don't take my word for it, here's a direct quote from the president of FC Porto himself:
Jorge Nuno Pinto da Costa wrote:For us, the Casillas deal was highly attractive in terms of costs. At 34 years of age he still has three of four seasons left at the highest level. I wonder if any club in the world would turn down the chance to sign Casillas for wages equivalent to two of our outgoing loanees, Andres Fernandez and Fabiano.

I chose it was better to sign Casillas. Mourinho inconceivably made fun of the Casillas deal, but he's shot himself in the foot as Porto are paying less than a third of his salary – Madrid pay the rest
Also, and this is just a tip if you want to survive this forum: try to be less hostile and disrespectful. You're coming across as too arrogant, too hostile and (sorry if I'm being brutally blunt here) but also too ignorant. I don't even know you and you have already given me enough reasons to hate you for three consecutive lifetimes. And I promise you I'm not the only one here.

Oh Lord You coconut.

Was Casillas getting paid anywhere near what Sanchez is getting paid?

It is clear Utd are getting hustled.
NeganIsco
NeganIsco
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:46 am

Tbh NeganIsco is a carbon copy of a common GL troll from 5 years ago, so probably someone who was here before.

I miss those times so I support it :coffee:
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:10 am

Vibe wrote:Tbh NeganIsco is a carbon copy of a common GL troll from 5 years ago, so probably someone who was here before.

I miss those times so I support it :coffee:
@SuperFloren? hmm
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:50 pm

Full disclosure, @NeganIsco is actually my alt account, sorry folks.

It's where I get to find butt implants arousing, use the words "cuck" and "beta", and rate Isco.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:22 pm

'Sanchez, Lukaku, Fellaini, Herrera, Valencia, Smalling all gone.

Matic, Rojo, Jones, Darmian, Young all dropped.

Gomes, Chong and Greenwood promoted.'

I may have to take back my doubts on Solskjær being soft but as Glory summed it up it is hard he remains rather too malleable in some areas whereas the evidence above tells me he has his own vision, whether it is headed for disaster or not.

It is hard to trust a manager with no definitive success for such large scale moves, and one who has performed them where previous ones failed to have the courage to do so (or option?) but regardless it is admirable he has caused such a giant conveyance to a squad we have basically seen for years on paper.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:54 am

I agree. Carrying the name of Manchester United is what makes expectations high otherwise the squad reminds me of the young Southampton team of a few years ago. Where they got accolades and recognition, this team will be considered a failure of they don't make top 4. And unfairly so.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:56 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:Full disclosure, @NeganIsco is actually my alt account, sorry folks.

And there was I thinking Germans don't have humor
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:48 am

Arquitescu wrote:'Sanchez, Lukaku, Fellaini, Herrera, Valencia, Smalling all gone.

I may have to take back my doubts on Solskjær being soft but as Glory summed it up it is hard he remains rather too malleable in some areas whereas the evidence above tells me he has his own vision, whether it is headed for disaster or not.

It is hard to trust a manager with no definitive success for such large scale moves, and one who has performed them where previous ones failed to have the courage to do so (or option?) but regardless it is admirable he has caused such a giant conveyance to a squad we have basically seen for years on paper.

Ya Darmian going too. I feel regardless whatever is going to happen with Ole's stint, the board must have themselves felt they need to finally flush out the deadwood and build for the future. So, it must not be entirely Solksjaer behind this exodus.

The massive overhaul of the academy and buying foreign youth fr big money (like Hannibal Mejbri for 10m) have been happening in the past couple of years. I will be glad if this strategy is all connected to that, I mean pushing more and more academy players into the 1st team. Going by how ineffective we have been with transfers of late and how the prices are going up, and well clubs rinsing us when we approach to buy their players, they must have felt this is the right way. If so, I am glad.

However having said that, how much this is all going to affect the present United is the biggest worry yea. You got to have a heady mix of experience too and not just youth especially towards the end of the season to handle pressure and currently we are well short on that aspect. Also the brand Man United is going to be the biggest headache for Ole and crew I feel. They will ideally want a lot of time to develop this young team, but the fans, and the footballing world in general might not be willing to give them that.
So yea may be, pushing this youth, courage, success shit a tad too much will be his undoing Neutral

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:41 am

Arquitescu wrote:'Sanchez, Lukaku, Fellaini, Herrera, Valencia, Smalling all gone.

Solskjär / ManU is getting rid of players without really improving the squad, either, not really sparkling genius so far.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:02 pm

Glory wrote:

Ya Darmian going too. I feel regardless whatever is going to happen with Ole's stint, the board must have themselves felt they need to finally flush out the deadwood and build for the future. So, it must not be entirely Solksjaer behind this exodus.

The massive overhaul of the academy and buying foreign youth fr big money (like Hannibal Mejbri for 10m) have been happening in the past couple of years. I will be glad if this strategy is all connected to that, I mean pushing more and more academy players into the 1st team. Going by how ineffective we have been with transfers of late and how the prices are going up, and well clubs rinsing us when we approach to buy their players, they must have felt this is the right way. If so, I am glad.

However having said that, how much this is all going to affect the present United is the biggest worry yea. You got to have a heady mix of experience too and not just youth especially towards the end of the season to handle pressure and currently we are well short on that aspect. Also the brand Man United is going to be the biggest headache for Ole and crew I feel. They will ideally want a lot of time to develop this young team, but the fans, and the footballing world in general might not be willing to give them that.
So yea may be, pushing this youth, courage, success shit a tad too much will be his undoing Neutral

You hit the nail on the head with the predicament that Solskjær may face where his vision will not fit the patience and demands of a club the size of United.

Unless the board is patient with his circulation cum vision followed by more importantly the results, then we may have the first man who has not just tried to trail of the departure of SAF but actually embody what made the Scot win generation after generation.

Which brings me to the bigger point on how he did have a close learning relationship to SAF and clearly is implementing similar principles that the same class speak of as pundits or in their opinions.

Definitely more pressure and exposure to what SAF had back then paired with the fact that Solskjær is not proven at all.

@Art its more to do with an earlier discussion on the topic of his ruthlessness in whether he possesses it or not, and not commentary on his managerial ability even if the changes this season are admirable.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:35 pm

Its going downhill as everyone expected isnt it. Sigh. Feel sad for the guy. Genuinely good guy too mind. What was he thinking with kind of moves he was making in the transfer window. :facepalm:
No midfield strengthened, no attacker bought apart from a championship winger. I mean its like we were literally asking for trouble. Can see any half a decent team outplaying us. Will be lucky seriously to finish 8th.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:55 pm

1 first team injury away from 8th being a good finish lol

kept saying but it was so dumb to spend everything reinforcing the defense

I'd have much rather kept Smalling - Lindelof and spent that 80M on a midfielder. Ah well. Ole's days are numbered.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 16 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next