Jay29
MJ
Vlad the Impaler
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Sri
45 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread Empty The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Sri Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:24 pm

Vlad the Impaler wrote:
@srigooner

I knew a post like this would come. That's why I said "almost by himself". It was an expression with the purpose to point out that Lewa can be the main man in attack and you can rely on him in important moments.

Nope, Lewa has also had enough to help him along his way. As did 'main man RvP' in his last season with us - his goals made most people forget all the assists Theo and Alex Song pumped in that season. That's the thing with strikers, because what matters in the end is the goals being scored.

Anyway, Arsenal's philosophy has always been on the collective effort and fighting as a team. So there is no need for one person to do any carrying, even though at a highly macroscopic level, it looks like one person is doing all the carrying - be it Ramsey earlier or supposedly Alexis in the first part of last season. It's almost a shame that the people who don't get their names on the scoring sheets are reduced to much overlooked footnotes in the sport.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread Empty Re: The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:25 pm

Besides Benzema's CL record is better than any current player not called Messi/Ronaldo, people are entitled to their opinions but i really struggle to understand why so many are loath to rate him.

Really does seem like he needs to move to england for him to be respected lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread Empty Re: The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Vlad the Impaler Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:25 pm

RealGunner wrote:Neither cavani nor Lewa are better than Benzema. Benzema is a tier 1 striker on the same block as Suarez and Aguero. Cavani, lewa, Rooney etc are tier 2.

I don't know when was the last time you saw Benzema play vlad but he has been one of Madrid's most important player for years. He has shown time and time again to be a big game player. See his performances against Barcelona in El Clasico for example.

It's not even to do with being a big game player or not. Benzema will improve us considerably. He is everything we need in attack which is supported by the likes of Sanchez, Ozil, Ramsey and Cazorla.

For the record, I highly doubt we will sign him and the rumours are all bullshit as they usually are. But to have him will be one heck of a deal.

I saw many games with Benzema involved. Your opinion is yours, mine is mine, they happen to be different. Good luck on signing Benzema!
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:27 pm

RealGunner wrote:Neither cavani nor Lewa are better than Benzema. Benzema is a tier 1 striker on the same block as Suarez and Aguero. Cavani, lewa, Rooney etc are tier 2.

I don't know when was the last time you saw Benzema play vlad but he has been one of Madrid's most important player for years. He has shown time and time again to be a big game player. See his performances against Barcelona in El Clasico for example.

This feeds into my point, in a way. This is the Real Madrid with a big name like Cronaldo hogging a big share of the limelight - it is but to be expected, that others are perceived by the vast populace as not being in the same top tier.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:29 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Really does seem like he needs to move to england for him to be respected lol.

Think Mesut may not completely agree with that assessment (yet). Nor might Angel di Maria hmm

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:35 pm

Di Marzio says Szczesny to Roma is almost done. €500,000 loan fee with a €5million option to buy.

Why for peanuts tho? scratch scratch

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/calciomercato/roma-trattativa-in-dirittura-per-szczesny-i-dettagli-delloperazione/
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:38 pm

I can't speak for everyone but I suppose him playing second fiddle to Ronaldo (and even Bale, to an extent) might lessen people's opinion of him as a top level striker. His goal output recently hasn't been anything special (if you compared it to Aguero's, for example), though obviously there are circumstances surrounding that.

I think it's clear, though, that were he to come here he wouldn't have to worry about enabling another player in the same way he enables Ronaldo, which could benefit him a lot, in the same Alexis was able to benefit from having more freedom to play as he likes, as he does for Chile.

That €5 million is a pathetic amount, really. Should be double that, at least.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:51 pm

Benzema would be an incredible signing for you guys. I would throw a lot of money at Madrid for him. He is a considerable upgrade on what you have now and he's 27 yet. I agree with RG, he is a tier 1 striker and with you guys lacking one since RVP, he would be a steal at any price (well, not ANY, but you know what I mean). Also fits Arsenal's style of play like a glove, has played with Ozil before, and is French, so him and Arsene and Giroud can have sleepovers and pillow fights (gtfo rihanna).

Not to mention he can be DM cover if Cazorla gets injured
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:43 pm

For the past 6 years I've had no dream that has Benzema in it hmm
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:45 pm

El Gunner wrote:For the past 6 years I've had no dream that has Benzema in it hmm

Rihanna counts hmm
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:45 pm

El Gunner wrote:For the past 6 years I've had no dream that has Benzema in it hmm

You would have Llorente lead our attack m12/2+2
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:56 pm

MJ wrote:

Rihanna counts hmm
Only celebrity that pops up in my dreams is that beauty to your left.

RealGunner wrote:

You would have Llorente lead our attack m12/2+2
I would not m5*5/3 round off to the nearest whole number hmm
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:59 pm

BODMAS does not apply
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:02 pm

Taken from the General Section:

The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread CKeXKGxUkAAraQs

Google Translate: Arsenal ready to pay Samper's 12 million clause. It would be their sixth "plundering" of La Masia.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:33 pm

Barca would be absolutely furious with that lol.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:45 pm

Please Lord let us sign Benzema

We are going to need him and a midfielder. With the team United are putting together, if we don't we will finish below them again.

If we do I think the sky is the limit
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:47 pm

lmao you're not getting Samper gtfo

changed my mind benzema is an awful signing and remains my opinion until wenger gets his dirty eyes off of Samper.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:52 pm

Maybe you should stop putting ridiculously low release clauses on your better youngsters :coffee:

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:03 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:Maybe you should stop putting ridiculously low release clauses on your better youngsters :coffee:

You don't want the new fran merida anyway hmm
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by GenBlizkin Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:27 am

what happened to Merida, went Atletico , then i haven't seen him since.
GenBlizkin
GenBlizkin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:51 am

Some of you have zero faith that we won't just accidentally, blindly stumble upon the answer.

Like, come on. Don't you know Jon Toral and Chuba Akpom are this year's Coquelin?? Sad
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:40 am

They play DM?

Yes to DMzema - however, it still is all BS rumours.

Szcz - after all my time arguing for keeping him, it's a bit disappointing to see him go - assuming that is also not BS. 5m€ is ridiculous though - even if it has a buy-back clause as well as a 90% sell on clause.

:/

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:06 am

srigooner wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:
Oh, and Bellerin's signed a new deal:

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20150717/bellerin-signs-new-long-term-contract

Where is Hans? Proud

Neutral
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:19 am

dostoevsky wrote:Don't see the need for another DM if you buy Benzema.

Spoiler:

Hapless_Hans wrote:Benzema would be both birds with one stone :bow:

I'm faster than you in stating the obvious :coffee:

Spoiler:
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:04 am

Arsenal are getting more for Flamini (£4M) than Manchester United got for RVP (£3.84M) :bow:

Its a miracle we got anything for Flamini. rofl
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next