El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Fear The Walking Dead || AMC - Page 3 Empty Re: Fear The Walking Dead || AMC

Post by Art Morte Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:04 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Have to say though, the 5th episode was the most confusing for me. But it's nice how things start to completely unravel.

Funny, I thought the 5th episode was very straightforward, not confusing at all. Some of the things in the earlier episodes made me go "wait a minute, what is this now?", but I thought the 5th episode took the story forward really well. It was cool and pretty action-packed but still believable. Also many of the characters started to really come alive in that episode. They're starting to react differently to what's going on.

And talking about characters...

Hapless_Hans wrote:
TWD characters are a bit ridiculous in the long run, even if it's great entertainment.

Yeah, if you stop to think about some of The Walking Dead characters, they have some unrealistic, indeed comic book like things to them. However, they're not so strange that it would really bother me. But I'm definitely enjoying FTWD's "ordinary people" characters right now.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:55 pm

There's nothing ordinary about that locked up black dude. He was way over the top. I liked it though even if I don't think the show is all that great.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:00 pm

elitedam wrote:There's nothing ordinary about that locked up black dude. He was way over the top. I liked it though even if I don't think the show is all that great.

Yes that black guy was one of the things I found confusing in that last episode.

'not all that great' yeah it's a matter of degrees of course.
Personally I was, and continue to be, pleasantly surprised as I expected nothing from a spin off from a series which had itself become a bit notorious already.
It's not going to make my personal top 5 or anything, but I think it's quality and I'm thankful for quality.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:46 am

I haven't quit on the show. Gonna binge watch as well.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:39 pm

Watched the season finale.

Spoiler:

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:10 pm

I enjoyed the first 3 episodes but after that it went downhill in a pretty big way. The last episode was especially poor. MAybe because after the military showed up it started to resemble TWD too much. Where does this show go from here on? Same as the start of TWD? I don't think I'm ready for another season like the one at the farm in S2 TWD. I mean they are already short of ideas in TWD what will they different here?
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:47 pm

I liked it overall as a season

but I agree with Urban, it will just play out like an extended season of TWD now, should have focused more and more on the gradual decline of civilization for a few seasons.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:18 pm

Yeah, after the first 2-3 episodes the way it jumped weeks forward between episodes, that was sort of disappointing. I don't think the show could've focused on 'gradual decline of civilization' for a few seasons as the decline happens fast after the outbreak, but I was hoping to see more of that early action. Now it kinda went 'something strange's happening' >> 'outbreak speeds up' >> 'no civilization left' in a space of a handful of episodes.

But I'm still curious how the second season will be, will they be able to add a different twist to the show compared to the original.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:09 pm

I'd prefer if it was like an anthology show that focused on a different group during the initial outbreak every season, obviously that won't happen though,
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:01 pm

Will binge it as soon as I fix my pos laptop.

Agree on the idea of an anthology show. IMO make a miniseries about the game. Will Smith as Lee Everret.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:44 pm

I read somewhere that the producers decided to go with "Fear the Walking Dead" because this series was supposed to focus more on the zombies being the main threat as opposed to the original where every human you meet is either a rapist, cannibal, or psycho killer but so far it hasn't been anything like that.

I also feel like the whole failed government quarantine is pretty played out at this point. Also, what Art talked about with regards to their plan. You knew they were going to do it but it's still BS.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:05 pm

elitedam wrote:I read somewhere that the producers decided to go with "Fear the Walking Dead" because this series was supposed to focus more on the zombies being the main threat as opposed to the original where every human you meet is either a rapist, cannibal, or psycho killer but so far it hasn't been anything like that.

I also feel like the whole failed government quarantine is pretty played out at this point. Also, what Art talked about with regards to their plan. You knew they were going to do it but it's still BS.

I think I prefer humans as the main threat. The zombies are so simple that it can get repetitive. They are the best used either a) when a horde comes out of nowhere or) the characters have to risk going to a place with zombies when searching for supply.

But yeah, I really dislike what they did. This was the early days / weeks. The characters were basically one day "things are going to work out, let's abide by the rules of civilization" and the very next day "survival of the fittest, let's release those zombies to kill scores of people just so we can get our son back". That's just not believable character development and kinda ruins them for good. Judging by the final episode, nothing should be off-limits for them now. Yet they're still portrayed as good people and there was zero dialogue about what they did. Bullshit.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:20 pm

Also, now that I'm on ranting mode, I'll add that I was disappointed by how most of the fall of civilization happened off-camera. Shit was basically starting to get real when they were in that barber shop. They fled from there and went home, were just going to leave when the army arrived. Then it fast-forwarded at least a couple of weeks between episodes and now there were zombies nowhere to be seen and the only piece of civilization was their little suburb. Although I enjoyed the story as a whole, I was disappointed they completely cut off the first days' mayhem of people trying to survive in the city while more and more people would turn into walkers.

Man, I don't know how I can complain this much about both these shows and still want to watch every episode.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:23 pm

I didn't have too much of an issue with it

didn't they find out that their loved ones were basically going to be abandoned  while the army pulled out

didn't that army dude they were interrogating spill the beans on the whole 'we'll humanely euthanize the people that are sick' protocol before we leave

or am I imagining that (entirely possible tbh)

it's human nature to prioritize people they care about over strangers
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:12 am

I'm expecting some serious hot action from that daughter in the second season. If not...

Hmph.
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:58 pm

agreed...would smash daughter
B-Mac
B-Mac