Kaladin
Abramovich
Firenze
Hapless_Hans
Unique
59 posters

Page 9 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

Man Utd set to sign Monaco forward for €80m - Page 9 Empty Re: Man Utd set to sign Monaco forward for €80m

Post by farfan Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:56 am

What about fifa legend Assaidi.

farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Man Utd set to sign Monaco forward for €80m - Page 9 Empty Re: Man Utd set to sign Monaco forward for €80m

Post by Unique Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:45 am

farfan wrote:What about fifa legend Assaidi.
played well for stoke. eco smile
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:09 am

Unique wrote:

scored a stunner against Chelsea eco smile

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:46 am

Helmer wrote:
Unique wrote:

scored a stunner against Chelsea eco smile
cheers cheers
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:09 pm

Chelsea were prepared to match #mufc's offer for Anthony Martial but were told the deal was already done. [times]

They would have sent him out on loan like they usually do (33 players out on loan). That club is a dead end for youngsters too.

Good thing he signed for United.

City, PSG and Barca are all reported to have wanted to sign him on a pre-contract, so it shows how in demand he was, and why we acted fast to sign him up.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:16 pm

you know, there really is no need to justify yourself, or at least, what your club did Laughing
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:03 pm

rofl its a shit deal mate just get over it. the lulz if martial flops and ships out for 25 mil, but but but psg and chelsea wanted him, moral victory ftw.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:58 pm

I'm trying to give you an understanding as to why we paid that amount and why it will be justified in a few years.

Carry on laughing at us spending huge on a player many are comparing to a young Henry.

There's a reason why he's being lauded as the best young player in France.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:33 pm

i told you, there is no need to justify yourself, the arguments you come up with sound more and more ridiculous. "best youngster in france" Laughing no that's not him, but no that he went to united, why not

do you want the list of youngster called young henry in france? Laughing

same as imagining bids coming from different teams lmao. about a month ago he was offered to valencia for 25 mil by his agent.

Monaco pulled a fast one on you, just because teams had sent scouts to watch him Laughing

again, you spent a ridiculous amount for a youngster who had done little to nothing, and not even showed that "Talent" you think about. Your club can afford it, who cares.

just quit the mindless justification, it looks funny
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:46 pm

Barca offered 20M for Martial. Laughing

That's a really bad deal considering the probability of him becoming a flop is pretty high.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:34 pm

every page gives its own flavour of orgasm when you realise a Liverpool fan created this thread Proud !!

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:12 pm

Monaco didn't offer him to Valencia for 25 mil.  That's patently false.  Monaco refused to sell him period because they felt that they could get 35-40 mil once he got a full season under him (this season).  The biggest offer they got was Wolfsburg in the 30 mil range which they refused.

Is he the best young striker prospect in France?  Second to Fekir.  He is the second best striker prospect in France as of right now.  There are a couple that are going to make noise soon including Augustin and Odsonne Edouard.  But Martial is more technical than those two.

Did Monaco pull a fast one?  Absolutely without a question.  They had no reason to sell.  Before this, they had pulled in an astounding 200 mil net from their players transactions over the past 2 seasons...  so they had no financial pressure at all.  They made Man U pay an outrageous price because they didn't care if Man U walked away from the table.

All this said, Martial is immensely talented... but without ANY experience.  There will be growing pains.  Man U needs to be patient.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:10 pm

As if being the best young striker in france means shit in the scheme of things, considering the best striker isnt anything to write home about. Btw, comparing him to a young henry is lol worthy as that 19/20 year old henry was pretty much a scrub tbh (benteke levels). Dont allow the 22-28 year old henry becloud your imagination. Meanwhile a 19/20 year old benz tho is a different proposition all together. So, Until he's being compared to those kind of teenagers, then the deal will have a little shot at justification.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:16 am

you guys essentially bought a kid that was hyped and talented for his age group

kid might turn out like bojan for all you know lol.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:35 am

This signing actually reminds me of what SAF used to do.

Get talented hyped young players into the team and develop them into big stars.This one isn't any different except that the price happens to be inflated but that isnt an issue for United.A no. of youngsters blossomed under LVG at the clubs he's managed so won't be surprised to see Martial succeed at United.

If you judge Martial without taking the price into account, he's a
top talent.Man U are in transition anyway and it's not like they are contenders for major trophies this yr or maybe even the next one so I'm sure he'll be given the Time and space to succeed at the club.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:44 am

I agree S.

I don't understand why everyone is slating Utd here. Sure they overpaid by a lot, but that doesn't mean the deal won't end up being a success for them.

He could turn out to be like Bojan, but he could also turn out to be like Henry, or Cristiano Ronaldo.

It's obviously too soon to tell.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:01 am

Can't wait to to see him as a DLP in 2-3 years
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:58 am

Kick wrote:I agree S.

I don't understand why everyone is slating Utd here. Sure they overpaid by a lot, but that doesn't mean the deal won't end up being a success for them.

He could turn out to be like Bojan, but he could also turn out to be like Henry, or Cristiano Ronaldo.

I agree with that, the thing however is that they paid as much as if he already WAS Ronaldo, or Henry. Laughing
Sure, inflation and all that, but still they're not paying a 'youngster to develop' price, they're paying a megastar price.

So naturally the pressure is on the kid to become what they paid for. In public perception, he's starting with a debt to be paid, and not a small one.
I'd argue that's actually detrimental to his chances of developing, but that's of course down to how Utd handle it if there's bumps in the road.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:07 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Kick wrote:I agree S.

I agree with that, the thing however is that they paid as much as if he already WAS Ronaldo, or Henry. Laughing
Sure, inflation and all that, but still they're not paying a 'youngster to develop' price, they're paying a megastar price.

So naturally the pressure is on the kid to become what they paid for. In public perception, he's starting with a debt to be paid, and not a small one.
I'd argue that's actually detrimental to his chances of developing, but that's of course down to how Utd handle it if there's bumps in the road.

Indeed, the pressure of a price tag can certainly get to a player, Torres, to a degree, can be an example of this.

But no point in laughing at them now, because if he does become a world beater, it'll look like a good deal.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:30 am

I'm not even sure the main problem of the price tag might be that it gets to/influences the player.
Martial sounds like a humble, reasonable, hard working kid.

The problem might be that it influences the treatment of the player. There's guaranteed to be less room for errors for him, at least in the eye of the public.
Man Utd have a task ahead of them to shield Martial from that pressure, and I'm not sure they're calm-headed and confident enough as club right now to do that, to withstand a wave of public pressure without taking it out in some way on the kid, if say Martial has a dissapointing spell at some point.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:55 pm

If the club wins, people will be patient with Martial regardless of potential (and likely) early struggles. If the club loses, people will look for scapegoats and Martial is an easy one with his pricetag.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:09 pm

lol This is England. They showed patience to Moyes who would have been sacked by Madrid or Barca after 3 games. Ain't no one going to scapegoat a kid. Their fan culture is different.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:04 pm

If the blame game comes about, its going to be Van Gaal.

He does too many eccentric things generally, but especially for the EPL where no matter how many foreign influences enter the league alot of people (The FA, Pundits, UK "managers") are still stuck with some old ways of thinking.

Just take a look at the debate between Carra, Henry and Gary Nev a couple seasons back regarding Luiz and other centerbacks. Carra (who watches ALOT of foriegn football apparently) completely refuses to accept the possibility that a CB dribbling out from the back can be a positive thing.

So you can bank on it, if there is someone who is an easy target then its Van Gaal's eccentricities.

Martial I am sure will be fine. He is so young that even if had 3 seasons of fail for Man Utd, another fairly big club in Europe would sign him and he would get another chance.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:39 pm

United fans back players like no other club. Rooney will be the scapegoat for as long as he is in the team. United fans love young players and give them more time. Anytime the first team players are playing like shit everyone calls for the youngsters to get a chance. this goes back to the days of Matt Busby and then SAF's class of 92

Martial will be given a long leash

just look at Luke Shaw, a teenager with a big price tag last year but he has progressed well and has been excellent this season and not effected by the price we paid for him
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:48 pm

Right on Dani... But i don't think just the manager is enough if Man U fails because of the massive amounts of cash that have been spent. It will take a few others. Woody would be one, LVG the other and maybe a player or two.

I'm just hoping it's not Martial.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:53 pm

Yeah I agree with you. But I also agree with BMAC, Utd fans anyway, are generally quite patient with young players. Probably because they have seen success with them.

I think its the older ones who would get more blame. I could see Bastian getting blame, because he is such a big name. Rooney, because of many things (his wage, his attitude of previous years, his lack of goals if this continues).

I actually think someone like Depay would get more shit than Martial. It seems despite the price, more is expected of him. Maybe just my interpretation though.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next