rwo power
Unique
Art Morte
RED
RealGunner
43 posters

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

2015/16 Summer Transfer: Deadline Days - Page 9 Empty Re: 2015/16 Summer Transfer: Deadline Days

Post by S Wed 2 Sep - 19:39:38

Why purchase Dzeko when there could be clearly better strikers available on the Market next yr ?
Dzeko would've looked like such a stupid short term move.Basically Arsenal would've landed in a position where they would have had to settle with Dzeko when better younger strikers became available on the market next yr.

And £50m for Higuain ? Man that's insanity.

S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

2015/16 Summer Transfer: Deadline Days - Page 9 Empty Re: 2015/16 Summer Transfer: Deadline Days

Post by urbaNRoots Wed 2 Sep - 19:43:10

S wrote:Why purchase Dzeko when there could be clearly better strikers available on the Market next yr ?
Dzeko would've looked like such a stupid short term move.Basically Arsenal would've landed in a position where they would have had to settle with Dzeko when better younger strikers became available on the market next yr.

That's what Arsenal fans have been saying for 3 years and it never happens. Who exactly are those "clearly better strikers" that will become available?
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Wed 2 Sep - 19:43:40

Dzeko would have been fantastic for Arsenal IMO.

Can't se the bad side of it at all.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed 2 Sep - 19:44:39

Vibe wrote:Dzeko would have been fantastic for Arsenal IMO.

Can't se the bad side of it at all.

Exactly.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed 2 Sep - 19:47:04

urbaNRoots wrote:
linetty wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:Of course.

70M pounds for pipita? Laughing

That'd be more expensive than Suarez :facepalm:

So what? I don't really understand what you want to say here.

Urban, they dont know how bad Wenger has brainwashed most Arsenal fans.
Fans can pay the highest prices in Europe but when it comes to transfers market, Arsenal cant find or afford anyone.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Wed 2 Sep - 19:51:45; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed 2 Sep - 19:49:00

urbaNRoots wrote:
S wrote:Why purchase Dzeko when there could be clearly better strikers available on the Market next yr ?

That's what Arsenal fans have been saying for 3 years and it never happens. Who exactly are those "clearly better strikers" that will become available?

Icardi could become available especially if he has a season like last yr.
See it's one thing to spend £50m on a 23 yr old Icardi while it's another thing to spend the same amounts on a 28 yr old Higuain.I'm sorry but Higuain is no world beater to spend that kind of obscene sums on.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed 2 Sep - 19:52:47

If I had money like Arsenal do, I wouldn't spend it on Dzeko.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed 2 Sep - 19:58:27

S wrote:If I had money like Arsenal do, I wouldn't spend it on Dzeko.

They could still get Icardi, Lacazette, Benzema or Messi next year even if they get a 29 year old Dzeko this year.

I sympathize with Wenger's steady and calm approach very much, it has worked great for Arsenal long term.

Problem is that Wenger's fixation on patiently planning for the future is to the detriment of the present.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed 2 Sep - 19:59:14

Higuain is a clear improvement over our strikers, let's say available for £50m - I see absolutely no reason why someone with Giroud up front and £70m sitting on the bank should be bothered not to pau the fee. This is about keeping up with the competition, so if we don't make the step up now we're at risk of getting left behind the likes of Man Utd and Liverpool.

Either I way I don't entirely disagree with you Surag, I would've taken Icardi THIS season for £50m. You see I'm very open minded about players coming in to replace Giroud.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed 2 Sep - 20:04:37

Dzeko is similar to Giroud and worse on the ball and link up play, why should they sign him?

When I talked about Higuain I meant different option not Giroud like players like Dzeko or mandzukic.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed 2 Sep - 20:04:52

Hapless_Hans wrote:
S wrote:If I had money like Arsenal do, I wouldn't spend it on Dzeko.

They could still get Icardi, Lacazette, Benzema or Messi next year even if they get a 29 year old Dzeko this year.

I sympathize with Wenger's steady and calm approach very much, it has worked great for Arsenal long term.

Problem is that Wenger's fixation on patiently planning for the future is to the detriment of the present.

I actually find it pretty admirable.

Probably the only sane club operating in the insane English market.

Anyway, they'll get their world class signings next yr.I'm not convinced players like Dzeko or Higuain would've made them compete with City for the title.It's just my opinion.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed 2 Sep - 20:07:15

urbaNRoots wrote:so if we don't make the step up now we're at risk of getting left behind the likes of Liverpool.

Trust me mate, there is no immediate danger of that happening anytime soon. Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed 2 Sep - 20:11:11

Higuain doesnt have to be a world beater. He will definitely add the runs behind the defense and finishing Arsenal surely lacks and will highly complement players like Ozil and Cazorla much more than Giroud. He will bring a dynamic element to their attack.

Mandzukic despie out scoring benzema was shipped out fit for a more mobile striker like Jakson for 40 mill nonetheless because atleti believes such a striker will fit their team well.

Same with Higuain, do any one really think Higuain doesn't complete their attack?
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Wed 2 Sep - 20:13:09

Hands off Icardi ffs
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed 2 Sep - 20:15:35

You are not wrong but I also understand Wenger for not buying someone like Higuain.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed 2 Sep - 20:21:07

Higuain is underrated anyway. Especially as a league player he would be an upgrade on every striker in the league not named Aguero really. Massive upgrade for Arsenal, Liverpool and United at this point. Great movement, work rate and even though people joke about it his finishing and shooting are quite good.

Now paying for him...eh...well, is money really an object for PL clubs at this point? ffs Aston Villa and Newcastle spent like 50m each this window. City had a NET spend of over 100m, lol, how much has United spent over the last 2 years? Liverpool too, though a relatively small net spend have still spent a lot of money. I find it weird given that Higuain is probably the only realistically available top level striker on the market and no one will pay because of some kind of principle about money when their pockets are lined with gold.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed 2 Sep - 20:29:07

When Wenger talks about "EXCEPTIONAL PLAYERS" he is talking about Messi and Ronaldo level. Cant blame him, he wont find them any time soon.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed 2 Sep - 20:53:44

lol @ people saying Arsenal should have bought Dzeko. He isn't any better than Giroud ffs.

Buying a Kondogbia for cover, okay, that wouldn't be the stupidest idea... but you know what? In a season or two it would just lead to either him or Coquelin wanting to leave, because both wouldn't be getting enough game time. Furthermore, Chelsea won the title with Mikel as Matic's back-up. Arsenal have enough depth for this season. If they couldn't get a Sanchez type of signing to clearly improve the first XI, it was better to save the money than spend with half-arsed purpose.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed 2 Sep - 22:23:36

should of bought RVP :coffee:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed 2 Sep - 22:27:40

urbaNRoots wrote:Higuain is a clear improvement over our strikers, let's say available for £50m - I see absolutely no reason why someone with Giroud up front and £70m sitting on the bank should be bothered not to pau the fee. This is about keeping up with the competition, so if we don't make the step up now we're at risk of getting left behind the likes of Man Utd and Liverpool.

I had a damn hard laugh after reading that ! Laughing

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed 2 Sep - 22:28:25

why? he isn't wrong
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed 2 Sep - 22:35:23

2015/16 Summer Transfer: Deadline Days - Page 9 Giphy-facebook_s

RG, if that was reply to my comment, please stahhhp mate Laughing
Skrtel-Lovren vs Kos-mert
Özil-sanchez-Cazorla/Ramsey vs Coutinho-Firmino-Lallana !

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed 2 Sep - 22:49:01

Plenty of parity at the top. Even Chelsea is not out of reach given their form and Mourinho's chances of affecting morale.

Giroud/Walcott - Benteke/Sturridge - Rooney/Martial
Ozil - Coutinho - Mata
Sanchez - Firmino - Memphis?
Cazorla/Ramsey - Henderson/Milner - Herrera/Schweinsteiger
Coquelin/Flamini - Can/Lucas - Schneiderlin/Carrick
Bellerin - Clyne - Darmian
Monreal - Gomez/Moreno - Shaw
Koscielny - Lovren/Sakho - Smalling
Mertesacker - Skrtel - Blind?
Cech - Mignolet - Romero?

Lots of depth of similar quality for all sides. There's no reason that Liverpool can't compete with Arsenal and United for 3rd/4th this season.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed 2 Sep - 22:51:12

GoonerJay29 wrote:Imbula isn't a DM, is he? Or at least that's what I've read.

Kondogbia was one the players I wanted us to sign even though with the fee Inter were prepared to pay we were always going to pass that one up. Coquelin's doing a fine job in the role at the moment but he's not the problem. The problem is Arteta and Flamini aren't good depth; one's 34 and has lost his legs, the other is just not good enough for what we want to achieve.

So when Wenger says he can't find the players to make the team or squad better, it's bollocks, at least when it comes to midfield. There are plenty of midfielders in the world better than Arteta and Flamini. If those two prove to be inadequate back-up like most think they'll be then he's not got an excuse for not buying someone.

Imbula isnt a DM but thats even better in my opinion, because he could play with Coq not just in place of him.

And yes, the rest of your post sums up alot better what im saying. This faulty notion of depth is weird.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed 2 Sep - 22:51:18

S wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
Art Morte wrote:Arsenal were sensible. If there was no such players available who could genuinely improve them, better to not sign anyone just for the sake of spending money.

Thats waffle tbh. They finished 3rd, alot of players could improve them.

Nothing sensible about not covering yourself when you need players. I would rather overspend and at least make the effort to do something, than stand still when its clear the squad isnt good enough.

I would give Arsenal alot more respect for overpaying for Kongdobia or Imbula like Inter and Porto have, than 3 months from now having to play Arteta because you dont have other options.

They still wouldn't win the league with Kondogbia or Imbula.

Don't they have this young emerging guy at DM ? I forgot his name or am I mixing it up with another position ?

At no point did all I say that was missing is another DM. So no, they wouldnt win the title still but they would be that much closer.

Yes, than have Coq. But what happens when he is injured or suspended? Arteta has to play.

What happens if you winning 2-1 away at Man City and with 25 minutes left your under major attack and need some more help in the middle. Wouldnt it be nice to throw on a midfielder which can help?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed 2 Sep - 22:56:02

Imbula is a B2B... same style as Kondogbia.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next